Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
OlivierL

[FM20] Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale ! DoF challenge

Recommended Posts

Win against Montpellier and you should be good for Europa League!

KUTGW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Season 2 disclosure part 2

a7094e69c5feca9ab989cfd6468e95c3.png
Henry from Ile de France wants to steal some talent..

c3bbcf2d343f7b732961cf75f0d36b7d.png
4149e91990ff4dbc11a087a1cc93d050.png
Armand is in the form of his life, so I'm asking for his pension to be reconsidered. Demarconnay has been our legendary goalkeeper since 2008, but his time has come.

First half

434b0efe539669d78c63e8ca7702362a.png

8615a450dc0faa0a437a5aa7970a1af0.png

00378ed887e0410a6d6b17cb43fa2578.png
 
 Second half

eb7636b3bdfec0fd0a97878a187fa9fc.png
After marseille scored.. we conceded and our 4th place was gone :( Difference is 1.7m prize money. 4th and 5th should be Europa League group stage.

711440a1868ea3ff9c84985b14481075.png


b1aa74fbffbbaee5c575bb5411d85a0d.png
 

9ed93fad74dac36642fe69a23c3b3f02.png

3f45afefb40da44bfeb868c3934bb2bf.png
 

 

 

Edited by OlivierL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are in the Europa League!:applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I think you are in the Europa League!:applause:

Yes we are !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The extra money would be nice, but play well in Europa Cup and you will get it anyway.

Play your best players in Cup Games and use your rotation options against relegation fodder if possible.

Do you still Said Arab on your team?

He is a good player but often injured for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

dc128201068da1f4953f6f92d0df51d8.png
 Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

Season 2 - Review

An unexpectedly wonderful first season in Ligue 1 !

a988f411f7dfcd40bd75d6a101939c7f.png

Season 2 : Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Finances - Season review - Squad stats - Competitions - Club Vision - Best eleven

Ligue 1

778e03f4dc90469a5028752e9d982414.png


f8c2703d0afe1265f2b012f8afbfd8fd.png
Proud !

987d4904421ddd08ebe2963a6c792c20.png

a7161713af94b18a51d12d6ea87f56b1.png

Coupe de France

c1617dc03751e785fefc625e992dad4e.png
Not our best run, maybe next season.

Best players

Kanté - Martin - Sissoko - Solet - Ayé

  • Just like last season, Libero Kanté was our best player ! 3 goals and 3 assists but a real force at the back and 54 key passes !
  • Martin played more as in his first season under my control . If i selected him, i played with a roaming playmaker . He did a great job , scoring a few screamers. He scored 4 and assisted 3.
  • Sissoko was on loan and rotated with Arrondel . He provided 7 assists and 5 goals. I hope i can buy him for 1.25m agreed fee.
  • Solet had a great solid season at the back. I don't have an option to buy but i hope that i can reloan (or buy) him.
  • Ayé started great this season but stopped scoring . at the end he scored 11 and assisted 4. I have a future fee arranged for 2 milj. Don't know yet if i'll sign him.

bde68f0e6b937ed53c0e049a066183f5.png

Manager thoughts

I was very proud about my first season , i'm even proud about my second. Media Prediction 20th and finishing 5th(almost 4th) . Being qualified for Europe is even more important . This will make my balance look 'ok' and i'll be able to invest in the squad and youth facilities.

Season 3 plans

I want to improve the squad (what a cliché) and my staff (better personalities) . Let's see if i can invest some of this prize (and future EL) money in my youth facilities . Finishing in the top 10 is my ambition unless i can improve my squad with four or five players.

Planned upgrades

6537dfd369beb0953a93b4644b7bcdb4.png
9635da55948bedc70b4d5f4a47232457.png
73f93be5b362652f35c7219620dfc568.png
 



Facts & Figures

3aacce8f06cab527e9eebc142b78e298.png
 


 

Edited by OlivierL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

The extra money would be nice, but play well in Europa Cup and you will get it anyway.

Play your best players in Cup Games and use your rotation options against relegation fodder if possible.

Do you still Said Arab on your team?

He is a good player but often injured for me.

I never had Said Arab, he plays for Red Star (and signed for Paris FC in real life, last week) .

Extra money is always nice :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6924e51c61a0e13de055d91493955d01.png
Not sure what this means ? i can't find anywhere if i play europa league group stage or have to play play-offs. According the rules i should be directly in the group stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I won't buy Sissoko as Wing back. I want a few players with better personalties in the first team so that brings me to my shortlist..

f0143f83aa99adb9df8ca734920775ef.png
Kwateng will cost me 1.5milj (Yago 1.2) but he has a better personalty and scores much higher at Wing back position. He has also experience at ligue 1 level, Yago played in Ligue 2 for Caen.

b714b685c47c203ada871848e2ad401e.png
Solet won't join.. they ask to much.

I'll show all my transfers in the next update.

Edited by OlivierL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

I never had Said Arab, he plays for Red Star (and signed for Paris FC in real life, last week) .

Extra money is always nice :)

Sorry I confused your thread with another....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your good for the Group Stage so don't worry. Otherwise the fourth round will pop into your schedule in August. Ruining your training schedules and giving you lineup headaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Finishing 5th was a fantastic achievement, well done! Good luck signing the players you need & want for next season.

I finished 5th and went in to Euro Cup II play-off stage (one game, two legs) and winning on away goals put me in to the group stages. I would expect the same for you? 

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Finishing 5th was a fantastic achievement, well done! Good luck signing the players you need & want for next season.

I finished 5th and went in to Euro Cup II play-off stage (one game, two legs) and winning on away goals put me in to the group stages. I would expect the same for you? 

Yes it is possible but PSG won le coupe de France.. so the next in the table gets the automatic Europa league ticket ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Yes it is possible but PSG won le coupe de France.. so the next in the table gets the automatic Europa league ticket ?

Ah right, that will be very good if true :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Ah right, that will be very good if true :applause:

Really crazy that I can't  find out. Seedings page is not updated and  on my general info screen no info yet about Europe..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Really crazy that I can't  find out. Seedings page is not updated and  on my general info screen no info yet about Europe..

All will be revealed soon enough, don't panic :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OlivierL said:

I never had Said Arab, he plays for Red Star (and signed for Paris FC in real life, last week) .

Extra money is always nice :)

Oh nice I didn't know that! Nifty little player.

9 hours ago, OlivierL said:

I won't buy Sissoko as Wing back. I want a few players with better personalties in the first team so that brings me to my shortlist..

f0143f83aa99adb9df8ca734920775ef.png
Kwateng will cost me 1.5milj (Yago 1.2) but he has a better personalty and scores much higher at Wing back position. He has also experience at ligue 1 level, Yago played in Ligue 2 for Caen.

Solet won't join.. they ask to much.

I'll show all my transfers in the next update.

Can you not loan him in again? In any case, what a great season! Superbly done. I am also very impressed you actually managed to get Armand scoring goals in Ligue 1 with those physicals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Oh nice I didn't know that! Nifty little player.

Can you not loan him in again? In any case, what a great season! Superbly done. I am also very impressed you actually managed to get Armand scoring goals in Ligue 1 with those physicals.

haha nifty :)

No they are going to use him in the first team, so he is gone.. Found a solution , he is almost as good and bought him.

Already did 6 transfers, have to find one or two more and then my squad is ready , three weeks before pre-season starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Amazing first season in top level mate:applause:

Edited by Sheriff7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Amazing first season in top level mate:applause:

Thanks

 

i'm investing in my staff (personalities) but from my 6 early signing , 4 of them have a positive personality .. i needed those because we had not many great personalties in the first team
Looking for a Ile de France born Model citizen at the moment, not easy to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OlivierL said:

haha nifty :)

No they are going to use him in the first team, so he is gone.. Found a solution , he is almost as good and bought him.

Already did 6 transfers, have to find one or two more and then my squad is ready , three weeks before pre-season starts.

Look forward to hearing about it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes your transfer policy makes it hard. Even mine a few seasons in is hard, French and French-speaking Africans 23 or under at a team trying to finish in Ligue 1 spots for Europe season after season.

I also look forward to hearing about your signings (Fofana and Wissa are my Paris-born contingent).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

dc128201068da1f4953f6f92d0df51d8.png
 Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

Season 3 - preview 1

Transfers

26bc468da4747af4b839a005cd1876c1.png

  • WBR Kwateng will replace Sissoko, loaned from Saint-étienne . I could sign Sissoko but Kwateng is better and costs only 300k more. Kwateng has a good personalty and that is what i need in the first team. He scored 61,67% for WBR role.
  • Yoann Etienne will replace Abdi. Abdi wants 3x more wages as Etienne and Etienne is younger and has a better personality.
  • Moukoudi will replace the irreplaceable Solet . Solet can't be reloaned because he'll get chances at Lyon and is to expensive to buy.  Moukoudi has a good personalty. He scores 69,17 % for DC role, Solet scored at the end 70%.

feeeb1d33a277777a70f2f1047f16433.png

  • Future fee option activited for Florian Ayé .He started great last season but after the winter break he didn't produce much.. i think he'll do better next season.
  • Ben Arfa should be my star player. He is 34 year old but still scores 71,67 % at the advanced forward role. He'll replace loanie Gouano
  • Young central defender Muamba was signed a few months ago and should replace loanie Dramé . Muamba looks promising, scoring 68,33 % for DC role.

Promoted to first team

  • Young goalkeeper Yanis Laïb joins the first team after the retirement from legend Demarconnay
  • Young striker Malebe gets his chance in the pre-season. Signed at the end of the first season from PSG and scored many goals in Paris B.

What else ?

I'm looking for a new pressing forward because Armand is retiring :(  He is reconsidering it but i think he is gone..

And i'm talking with two or three young IDF's that are being released at ligue 1 teams.

 

Edited by OlivierL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

959f74570896bdaaa1aef76df7d94351.png
they block a great transfer  . Pajot would improve my midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23b93118aea7eefc12ad6cde33d8b9f6.png
Ligue 1 teams are hunting for my three best youth intake players from the last class (2021). Soumah is 5th best all time youth intaker(after only two classes.. i know)

6beb9a7c39fbe4dc4910f3edf82afef7.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They seem to be good signings, Ben Arfa might be a bit hit and miss but the others are sensible and you will own them rather than loan so that's a positive.

It's a shame about Pajot. You couldn't convince the board to allow it? I guess you had warnings before when making other signings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

They seem to be good signings, Ben Arfa might be a bit hit and miss but the others are sensible and you will own them rather than loan so that's a positive.

It's a shame about Pajot. You couldn't convince the board to allow it? I guess you had warnings before when making other signings?

No this was the first team but my club vision says :

d06f09cd154787f3ea2063b0dd80faba.png

I'm going to retry to sign him off course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

23b93118aea7eefc12ad6cde33d8b9f6.png
Ligue 1 teams are hunting for my three best youth intake players from the last class (2021). Soumah is 5th best all time youth intaker(after only two classes.. i know)

6beb9a7c39fbe4dc4910f3edf82afef7.png
 

a928df2b1d8390a11764a2e223b8d6b9.png
I was able to sign him up and also three other 'good ' youth intakers from class 2021. Otherwise he would left us for Lyon or Monaco voor 600k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A sneak peak at what i'm doing with my staff.

2606db0d4d5b0a39128e49e0168ed2b7.png

7b304f9d1d65072b0a8e509557971cc7.png
 
I'm looking for two or three more with good personalty. 

af000fe9800b5bf8f7e23ba318030325.png

e18eb19d7bc21ead5d236f3427a72467.png
 

4986f56ee6db42fdca3c576233bfb2a5.png
Already happy with this evolution.

Edited by OlivierL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was looking for one improvement for my central midfield and looking for one pressing forward or targetman..

0355506fba5b4be24c3a32bee3605a93.png
Found my MC roaming playmaker, he scores 68,33 % at MC roaming playmaker. No future fee agreed.

71bab1d98516bb5c6348db763118f0ef.png
No other options available so i have to sign this FM legend. he could be my best target man with 68 rating (Ayé has 67). Future fee 1.7m

This weekend an update about squad - 3th season and pre-season.

Edited by OlivierL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adli is a very good signing, even if only for one season! It will be great if you can get Sanogo to score lots of goals :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adli is very good but leaves something to be desired defensively especially in the MC Strata. Hopefully you have a good defensive partner to cover for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Adli is very good but leaves something to be desired defensively especially in the MC Strata. Hopefully you have a good defensive partner to cover for him.

you are right . He or Martin get the roaming playmaker role at home. away games i select kikonda, he gets the box to box player role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dc128201068da1f4953f6f92d0df51d8.png
 Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

Season 3 - preview 2

Squad

5f81463b650f8c70d056c6cdf9b28c34.png
 

09546115916e5a1dc827d2ccced39a1a.jpg

17 from 25 players born in Ile De France !

3c991b5bcdb3d8319556f196b7b510db.png
For more details about transfer, please check posts from this morning.

=> I think that Solet is replaced and we could have a real gem with Muamba. Next season i have to find a good goalkeeper . Jourdren isn't getting any younger.

7a59740c75a1d30da0eff6828097140b.png
=> Our WBR is improved with the transfer of Kwateng. Next season i have to search a Left wingback.

=> We have a really good playmaker after the transfer of Adli . And in the front we have signed Ayé , Ben Arfa and loaned FM legend Sanogo. Lets see what Fadiga can do , still only 20.

e98e3888f1042b077332c3a339a994f7.png
 Our positive personalities increased from 5 to 11 .

5c244b7555bfcb27a7687d083ffa157b.png
Transfers in & out (date 6 jul 2021)

a9ffd71197e60c6a05b416295b00fd60.png

afffb722067a2d52da8be2095a25a95b.png
New captain after the retirement of Demarconnay.

ef03ce5fed15bef935b9ce00ac6803dc.png

Staff in & out

1a4f5f7b4f5d7a44550288dc3850990c.png

Improved the staff with a lot of positive personalties. Not ready yet, looking for a good loan manager. Full list 1 - 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Goalkeeper isn't a necessity if you have good CB's. 

Krapikas in my save is only rated 3 stars but he had 18 shutouts last season

Only better Goalie in Ligue1 was Oblak and his numbers are skewed because he is on PSG!

You just need 12 or better in most GK Atrributes with Reflexes, Positioning, Aerial being most important.

Depending on how you distribute the ball will decide what other attributes you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also what is  Joudren's Leadership look like?

He would make a good Captain with his personality.

Also is he leading a mentoring group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Also what is  Joudren's Leadership look like?

He would make a good Captain with his personality.

Also is he leading a mentoring group?

Leadership 10 :( He is leading  a mentoring group . I'll  show u more tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice squad review, you have a very heavy IDF group now :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great first reason! And some good new players with high calculation scores!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great update. Adli is a player I've always wanted to manage. Keen to see how he gets along. 

Is Ben arfa still any good? I remember when he first burst onto the scene with Benzema at Lyon he looked so skillful. Sadly it's not quite happened for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job & passion , Olivier!!

Glad you tought me a lot about Staff Personalities etc ,

An item which was great help for my game (Plymouth Argyle with focus on the [SW]-region based players , as you know) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Very nice squad review, you have a very heavy IDF group now :cool:

Yes and i'll add more next season :)

14 hours ago, stefaanpeeraer said:

What a great first reason! And some good new players with high calculation scores!

Thanks

9 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Great update. Adli is a player I've always wanted to manage. Keen to see how he gets along. 

Is Ben arfa still any good? I remember when he first burst onto the scene with Benzema at Lyon he looked so skillful. Sadly it's not quite happened for him. 

I hope Adli can provide some asssits.  Ben Arfa looks like this . His Physical doesn't look good , his technical skills are still good.. let's see what he (and Sanago) can do.

7 hours ago, janvanbulck said:

Great job & passion , Olivier!!

Glad you tought me a lot about Staff Personalities etc ,

An item which was great help for my game (Plymouth Argyle with focus on the [SW]-region based players , as you know) :)

Thanks, hope u can get into the premier league soon, with your transfer policy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found out that i'm going to play in europa league group stage. Great !

164423fe990c48d8870589169541f302.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on Group Stage hopefully you can pull off some upsets and advance!

Unfortunately you will be seeded 4rth so you may get a "Group of Death" like I have in Champions League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

81038f0d3d95dff4f23a6b7265f35ee0.png
Nice feature, i can select my own affiliate.

75d5e5efd447f10af5ec05e031dbafe1.png

I'll pick île de France Drancy .

c485f2fad0ceeb4e6f985a8b8933595a.png

a18c943ab385744d590c64ae9272f1fa.png
We have already have a small affiliate , 'Cercle Athlétique Paris'.
 

Edited by OlivierL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent, will this be for taking players to you on loan? If so, PSG would be your best option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Excellent, will this be for taking players to you on loan? If so, PSG would be your best option?

No not really, maybe a few of the '18 year olds' with a small chance of getting into Paris FC first team. Drancy is a small club.

PSG would be the best feeder club but i won't sign up for something like that.. they can loan players from me in a few years :)

 

All the ligue 1 teams are still hunting for three of my best youth intakers from the last class. and Fadiga is unhappy because i keep rejecting offers from Chelsea.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

No not really, maybe a few of the '18 year olds' with a small chance of getting into Paris FC first team. Drancy is a small club.

PSG would be the best feeder club but i won't sign up for something like that.. they can loan players from me in a few years :)

 

All the ligue 1 teams are still hunting for three of my best youth intakers from the last class. and Fadiga is unhappy because i keep rejecting offers from Chelsea.

 

 

Ah sorry I hadn't seen the bit about Drancy. That's a very good choice if it's your players going out to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

  

dc128201068da1f4953f6f92d0df51d8.png
 Island of France - Une Ambition Capitale !

Season 3:

Pre-season

3d79ab0a54aaec4a6dc7ac6e90de5ddd.png

89014d93c61932c38aeaa4b01ce41290.png

Strange pre-season with strange results. Almost everybody was (match)fit till Sanago injured himself in one of the last trainings. Kanté missed the entire pre-season and is still out for a few weeks.

798bed3968342bbdfef5f61467374ee0.png
Best players this pre-season.

a57083c2aa6999fdab42858f242e79be.png

Best eleven with new players Moukoudi(normaly he'll play at the DCR spot , if Kanté is back. Kwateng(wbr), Yacine(MCL) and Ben Arfa (FCR) enters the team.

78fdd34c5c9f3d1d4b3a15bdafa78beb.png

c4a01b8edc132800e95ea43d38e6b474.png
Second team 

 

Expectations - Media pred !

e6daef8bd1ab8de5091962e05799e0d9.png

No change. My ambition is to finish in top 8 because i think/hope that playing in Europe will cost me some points.

5c951057c7153593ec28e59fb0b6fc7c.png
8463ca80210ee836af8378c9d31c35df.png
Love this !

 

 

Edited by OlivierL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that's a very heavy pre-season schedule :eek:

Strong squad though, good luck for your new season :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...