Why do my saves always follow the same script?

Every time I try to start a Football Manager save, they always follow the same ridiculous, stupid script. 

I will start with Chelsea, and the first couple months will be good, I’ll be unbeaten until around mid October before losing a game, usually away to Manchester United. 

Following this, for whatever reason my team absolutely collapses and literally nothing I try to save the situation works and I always get sacked. 

i try editing the tactics, mentality, training, having team meetings, lineups, everything. 

Nothing works. 

and it’s not like my tactics are bad anyway, they aren’t, they create more than enough chances but what happens is my players will miss them virtually every time while the AI will score all of theirs.

ridiculous things such as my wingers shooting from stupidly tight angles and never passing to strikers in space, strikers and other players ballooning tap ins and close range headers way over the bar, missing penalties. Basically doing everything but score in every single game after that one loss. 

Nothing that I try will change anything and I always get sacked. I can never finish the first season or even get to January usually, and even at times I do, I can’t seem to be able to sign anyone, none of my bids are ever accepted. 

so the answers are not just changing tactics or making new signings cause those things don’t work, so don’t suggest them please. 

If anyone has managed to complete the first season at Chelsea then please explain how because I’m clueless at this point. 

I don’t want to have to give up and accept that I’ll never enjoy video games because I really want to, especially in these Coronavirus days. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

Every time I try to start a Football Manager save, they always follow the same ridiculous, stupid script. 

I will start with Chelsea, and the first couple months will be good, I’ll be unbeaten until around mid October before losing a game, usually away to Manchester United. 

Following this, for whatever reason my team absolutely collapses and literally nothing I try to save the situation works and I always get sacked. 

i try editing the tactics, mentality, training, having team meetings, lineups, everything. 

Nothing works. 

and it’s not like my tactics are bad anyway, they aren’t, they create more than enough chances but what happens is my players will miss them virtually every time while the AI will score all of theirs.

ridiculous things such as my wingers shooting from stupidly tight angles and never passing to strikers in space, strikers and other players ballooning tap ins and close range headers way over the bar, missing penalties. Basically doing everything but score in every single game after that one loss. 

Nothing that I try will change anything and I always get sacked. I can never finish the first season or even get to January usually, and even at times I do, I can’t seem to be able to sign anyone, none of my bids are ever accepted. 

so the answers are not just changing tactics or making new signings cause those things don’t work, so don’t suggest them please. 

If anyone has managed to complete the first season at Chelsea then please explain how because I’m clueless at this point. 

I don’t want to have to give up and accept that I’ll never enjoy video games because I really want to, especially in these Coronavirus days. 

Going by your very last sentence, it seems you're new to football manager (that's the impression I get) and possibly even new to video games... You might have A LOT to learn about this one as it is HUGELY in depth. Have a look in the tactics forum for help etc. 

Simply saying "my tactics are good" does not make them so. I'd deduce they're not.,, because you're getting sacked seemingly every few days in RL.

Also... You say you don't want help with tactics or signings "so don't suggest then please"...so... What do you want? These are two of the fundamentals of the game, and ARE the things you need to change as well as training. 

Edited by Danielfc

It’s not every few days- I try this every year with the new game- I originally didn’t bother with FM20- I’ve only gotten it again now cause it’s free for the week. 

What’s weird with the tactics is that they work fine for the first couple months- and then after one loss my players act like they don’t know what a goal is- like they carry out what I’m asking like they were before and still get good chances and good positions but almost never score, and just keep losing when before they were actually scoring. 

what I want to know is how to fix the issue where the players will suddenly change their ways after one loss. 

also tbh, even when I was winning they were still missing a large unrealistic amount of easy chances as well. 

for example I played a pre season game vs a team from the Turks and Caicos Islands and despite having nearly 50 shots and over 20

on target I only scored 4 goals. 

also this has been a chronic same script over multiple FM’s, not just FM20.

its happened when I’ve used various different formations in different games over the years. The same template still happens. 

Edited by Daniel Lagan Gonzalez

4 goals out of 20 on target is almost 25 percent conversion rate, which trust me is good. Despite whatever level team you're up against. Your players will be more relaxed in friendlies. 

The missing easy chances is a known issue. Subscribe to the Open Beta through steam, this made it better for me. Instructions on how to do that are somewhere on these forums. 

The fact that this happens to you every year, and the fact that it doesn't happen to most others shows there is a common denominator in the equation (you). I feel you though, I know it's frustrating as hell when your team starts losing and it literally ruins my days. But it is, as in real life, a problem solving simulator. Learn what each individual player offers within your team (think of them as characters as opposed to a set of stats - THAT'S how in depth the game is today . A long way since the days of Champ Man). Then, build around your best players using instructions and strategy that brings out the best in your squad. There won't be a specific tactic you can create that fits everyone.., but if you can fit it to a few of your best players or more, it's a start, and then start squad building during transfer windows 

11 hours ago, Danielfc said:

4 goals out of 20 on target is almost 25 percent conversion rate, which trust me is good. Despite whatever level team you're up against. Your players will be more relaxed in friendlies. 

The missing easy chances is a known issue. Subscribe to the Open Beta through steam, this made it better for me. Instructions on how to do that are somewhere on these forums. 

The fact that this happens to you every year, and the fact that it doesn't happen to most others shows there is a common denominator in the equation (you). I feel you though, I know it's frustrating as hell when your team starts losing and it literally ruins my days. But it is, as in real life, a problem solving simulator. Learn what each individual player offers within your team (think of them as characters as opposed to a set of stats - THAT'S how in depth the game is today . A long way since the days of Champ Man). Then, build around your best players using instructions and strategy that brings out the best in your squad. There won't be a specific tactic you can create that fits everyone.., but if you can fit it to a few of your best players or more, it's a start, and then start squad building during transfer windows 

I would have thought that even as a beginner, you should be able to comfortably get through the first season with a team like Chelsea, seeing the quality of the players we have. It shouldn’t be that difficult, but for some reason with me it always has been. 

10 hours ago, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

I would have thought that even as a beginner, you should be able to comfortably get through the first season with a team like Chelsea, seeing the quality of the players we have. It shouldn’t be that difficult, but for some reason with me it always has been. 

Well I hate to break it to ya mate... You thought wrong 😂 .

You can have the best car in the world but if you put a blind man in the drivers seat - the car is gonna crash. Think of Chelsea as a Lamborghini. Think of you as Stevie Wonder. You get my drift. 

OP --  It's well-established that the AI adjusts to your tactics.  From your post, it sounds like the classic beginner problem:  you develop a winning tactic, start out well, the AI adapts, you lose a couple of games and start to (no offense) flail around making a large number of changes.  This usually does not solve the problem and may well compound it.  Best advice:  look at the analysis reports on your first two losses and determine where your team fell short.  Correct one problem.  If that doesn't work, look for one more problem.  In short, make one change at a time.  Unless you just happen to randomly stumble on the magic tactic, making wholesale changes will likely not solve your problem.

1 hour ago, AytchMan said:

OP --  It's well-established that the AI adjusts to your tactics.  From your post, it sounds like the classic beginner problem:  you develop a winning tactic, start out well, the AI adapts, you lose a couple of games and start to (no offense) flail around making a large number of changes.  This usually does not solve the problem and may well compound it.  Best advice:  look at the analysis reports on your first two losses and determine where your team fell short.  Correct one problem.  If that doesn't work, look for one more problem.  In short, make one change at a time.  Unless you just happen to randomly stumble on the magic tactic, making wholesale changes will likely not solve your problem.

My advice exactly, but he didn't want to know as it requires changing tactics 

Maybe you are not capable to manage a big team like Chelsea. It comes with a lot of pressure and high expectations.

Instead of keep trying the same thing over and over again, maybe it's better to start with a lower league club and see if that fits better with you.

Don't forget that in real life the most managers could manage Chelsea over and over again but would never get success.

This is a common FM problem for me, I usually solve it by a bit of morale manipulation, praise and scold at every valid opportunity (yes, scolding a player for poor form can be better than stroking his hair telling him everything will be alright)

Also, if you don't mind a bit of a gamey trick, you can regularly praise a player's conduct, they will never ever have a negative reaction and 95 percent of the time receive a sizeable morale boost.

1 minute ago, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

Insulting me isn’t really going to help- and I also know exactly what championship manager was actually. 

On 21/03/2020 at 04:48, Danielfc said:

My advice exactly, but he didn't want to know as it requires changing tactics 

Also I have read these replies and am probably going to try and do what is said, thank you anyway despite the unneeded references to my Facebook. 

Apologies. I suppose it was quite a passive agressive reference to your age which was unnecessary. As an elder I shouldn't have let it irritate me as much as it did. I tried leading the horse to water! You have to help yourself though. 

However... Back to this quote "By “changing tactics” I meant changing formations and styles, which is what I’ve been doing until now. I didn’t mean changing really small things like that. "

The small things are indeed the very large things. A tweak of a single slider can make or break a game or season. As can simple extra training sessions. 

On 19/03/2020 at 21:11, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

Nothing works. 

Hi. Your response to some of this stuff is actually counter productive... If you start frequently changing tactics to try something else your cohesion for the tactics in question will be really poor. You really need to be getting 1-3 different tactics set up and being learned from the minute you take over and try to stick with those/maybe remove one and add in another one and let the players get used to it before actually using it in a match. It's one of the criticisms you see get aimed at Pep Guardiola; Sometimes he'll just use a completely new tactic in a match and switch loads of stuff around and it blows up in his face.

A lot of people seem to have the problem of "we have plenty of shots but don't score very many, opposition have few shots but score much more often". The thing is that if you're playing as Chelsea I assume you're the dominant side in the majority of your games, meaning that the impetus is on you to attack more often. The team who attacks more finds themselves up against a better organised defence and with less space to play in. For this reason while they're likely to have more opportunities to score overall it's likely that the quality of those opportunities will be worse (a higher proportion of shots from range, shots under pressure, etc.) while the opposition is able to hit them on the break, in which case they're likely to have more space and be under less pressure, resulting in better goal scoring opportunities and, therefore, more goals. You see this happen in real life all the time... As long as the score is at 0-0, a weaker side has a chance of getting something. It's usually only once the first goal goes in against them - putting the attacking impetus on them, since they have to score or get nothing out of the game, allowing the other side to start organising and countering - that they can be on the receiving end of a thrashing.

One thing to keep in mind is that momentum is extremely influential to your match performance; You start off a season (hopefully) with a run of consecutive wins coming out of friendlies meaning you have a lot of momentum which will help you start the season well. Once you suffer your first loss, however, there's a break in that momentum. My point here being that your initial run of wins doesn't necessarily mean your tactics are actually good. it could also be attributed to that momentum.

In terms of addressing the impact of losing, as soon as I lose or draw two games within a five game period I do the team meeting saying we've been doing well and not to let the bad results ruin things (That's not the exact wording, off the top of my head I don't remember it, but you should be able to find the one I mean). This should immediately improve morale across the board. You can then do individual talks with the players and praise their conduct/training so long as they warrant it (conduct as long as they haven't done anything unprofessional lately, training as long as their individual rating for training is at least 7.0 is my rule), although you can only do this once every two or three weeks without it negatively impacting a player's attitude. This can partially mitigate the morale loss which happens after a loss which is, again, a big influence on performance.

You say you're unable to sign anyone because none of your bids are ever accepted; Is that as a consequence of the transfer ban, or are you actually able to make bids and actually having them rejected? Have you scouted the players in advance to see what sort of price their club would want/whether they'd be interested in joining? I've never known a club that it's impossible to have any bids accepted playing as, are you making efforts to sign people who are actually realistic targets? I know there's a lot of questions there rather than answers, but you haven't provided enough information about something which, with the correct information, I should be able to help with.

Anyway, hope that's of some use. Good luck going forward!

On 19/03/2020 at 22:11, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

To me this sounds like what happens when you have low morale in the squad. It happened to me few times, never with the strong team like Chelsea but then again I don't play with strong teams and always play journeyman saves. Really similar to what you described. I would have some good results, maybe even overachieveing and then comes the loss to a stronger team. Then next game, I am just unlucky where my defender makes big error, and my strikers hitting the post few times and I lose the game where I was the better team. Next game they play horrible and all of a sudden you have a string of bad results.

So team meeting lke poster before me suggested could help to quicky turns things around. Also changing your team talks. When bad results come sometimes it's not useful to stick to your usual team talks and telling your players that you are dissapointed with their performance in a game you think you should be winning. Sympathise with the team, tell them they were unlucky, when you are few games without a win tell them the preassure is off before the game, be happy with a draw etc.

4 hours ago, yolixeya said:

To me this sounds like what happens when you have low morale in the squad. It happened to me few times, never with the strong team like Chelsea but then again I don't play with strong teams and always play journeyman saves. Really similar to what you described. I would have some good results, maybe even overachieveing and then comes the loss to a stronger team. Then next game, I am just unlucky where my defender makes big error, and my strikers hitting the post few times and I lose the game where I was the better team. Next game they play horrible and all of a sudden you have a string of bad results.

So team meeting lke poster before me suggested could help to quicky turns things around. Also changing your team talks. When bad results come sometimes it's not useful to stick to your usual team talks and telling your players that you are dissapointed with their performance in a game you think you should be winning. Sympathise with the team, tell them they were unlucky, when you are few games without a win tell them the preassure is off before the game, be happy with a draw etc.

I’m also getting issues where about 3 players at once or in very quick succession want new contracts.

1 hour ago, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

I’m also getting issues where about 3 players at once or in very quick succession want new contracts.

I’ve now tried what you’ve said in regards to team meetings and morale, and have also been making slight tactical adjustments- eg switching from control possession to gegenpress etc,  but am still inconsistent and just drew at home to bottom of the table West Ham. 

It still feels like a bad path even with this advice. 

12 hours ago, Danielfc said:

Apologies. I suppose it was quite a passive agressive reference to your age which was unnecessary. As an elder I shouldn't have let it irritate me as much as it did. I tried leading the horse to water! You have to help yourself though. 

However... Back to this quote "By “changing tactics” I meant changing formations and styles, which is what I’ve been doing until now. I didn’t mean changing really small things like that. "

The small things are indeed the very large things. A tweak of a single slider can make or break a game or season. As can simple extra training sessions. 

I have been making slight tactical adjustments- eg switching from control possession to gegenpress etc,   And have been taking players in and out one at a time, but am still inconsistent and just drew at home to bottom of the table West Ham. 

It still feels like a bad path. 

If you want more goals, the solution might not always be to put team instructions to attacking and more roles on attack, but rather the opposite.

Think like Pep, he often has 4, even 5 with aguero as the sole striker in the hole between opposition defence and midfield.

If you set both your wingers in a 4-2-3-1 f.ex. on attack they just clump together at the opposition box, you wanna stretch the play, lure opposition defence out and then have someone run in behind.

changing your sole striker to DLF(a) instead of AF(a) often helps me, wingers and IFs on support instead of attack stretches the opposition. There's tons of tutorials and write ups on tactics but my best tips is to trick the opposition, not overload them with attacking roles and formations/mentalities.

1 hour ago, zindrinho said:

If you want more goals, the solution might not always be to put team instructions to attacking and more roles on attack, but rather the opposite.

Think like Pep, he often has 4, even 5 with aguero as the sole striker in the hole between opposition defence and midfield.

If you set both your wingers in a 4-2-3-1 f.ex. on attack they just clump together at the opposition box, you wanna stretch the play, lure opposition defence out and then have someone run in behind.

changing your sole striker to DLF(a) instead of AF(a) often helps me, wingers and IFs on support instead of attack stretches the opposition. There's tons of tutorials and write ups on tactics but my best tips is to trick the opposition, not overload them with attacking roles and formations/mentalities.

Might try that, thanks for the suggestion. 

11 hours ago, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

Might try that, thanks for the suggestion. 

7 hours ago, Danielfc said:

Why not post a screen of your full squad and the tactics you currently have, roles etc etc and perhaps we can help from there :)

Post a thread in tactics and training forum like Danielfc said. People will help ypu there more they could ever do going back and forth in this thread.

The AI does not figure out your tactics. It will adjust their tactics based on your performance, reputation and stuff like that, but that's it.

Ok, now that that's out of the way.

You will lose. It's as simple as that. Heck just look at Liverpool, 3-0 against what, second last team in the league while they were flying high? Then knocked out of the CL in a match they completely dominated, but it was literally thrown away by their back up goalie being terrible? That's football.

Managing morale is incredibly important. When you're flying high you want to cut down expectations, tell your players they played poorly (even if you just won 3-0, get their feet back on the ground), talk up the opposition in press conference, talk about how you have a difficult match ahead of you (it sounds cheesy, but that's basically Pep's press conferences in a nutshell). Don't think that a team talk is good because it gave lots of green reactions, nor automatically assume it was bad because you got red reactions. You can't just shove feathers in your players asses over and over, it'll lead to massive complacency and that will come back to haunt you. Vice versa, you have to keep morale up during bad streaks. Don't just continuously bash your players for losing when on a bad streak, hold team meetings to make sure heads don't drop too much.

If you keep doing the same things, and getting the same results - then you change the things you are doing to get different results.

i'm in my first full season with Everton, 3rd in game season. Joined from Brighton who I'd turned into a safe mid table team playing a slow possession based game with younger players. I came into Everton and used my same tactic and won my first game 6-1. Then for the remaining 10 games of the season it was feast or famine. And after my big summer recruitment, employing my same transfer tactics as at Brighton, the new season started the same: win games 3/4/5-0 or dominate and lose games 2/3/4-1. So, get this, I MODIFIED MY TACTICS ie CHANGED WHAT I WAS DOING and have just won 7 games in a row.

if you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.

Right so this 4-2-3-1 wide custom control possession is what I was using for the majority of the season, though not always with the exact players you’re seeing here. 

I also had a wing play variant set up and more recently have been using gegenpressing, though I admit straight away that a lack of formation variation may have impeded me a bit. 

2CC38F59-D373-49BC-A511-F9B024DD418C.jpeg

Hi mate, I haven't turned it on for a few days either having started a losing streak (which coincidentally I just fixed - beating your 4-1 after four games lost in a row haha.)

So immediately I see problems. You have far too many attack duties and defend duties for a balanced mentality. With four attack duties, but only two people supporting their attack. Try this - switch your right back to support and you can either leave your left back as support or defend depending on your opponent (perhaps automatic). Switch your midfield playmaker to support. Switch your left wing to support (I'd preferably have one winger as a inside forward to offer something different up front , and whichever side you choose as inside forward you then change the full back to a wing back in order to support the wing as he cuts in and leaves space). Then I would either change your AMC or right wing to support also (for now) and when you have played fifteen minutes or whatever you see as an indicator as to how your team are fairing, switch one to attack. This can all be tinkered with to suit but for "balanced" I'd go 2-3 defend, 3-6 support and 2-3 attack. Something like that. Mix it up, think about which roles players are assigned and if they're going to need cover as they move (wingers with inside forward will cut in leaving space for example - have adequate cover as either defend or support.)

See how you get on :-)

Now that the roles are done... Adapt tactics to fit the roles and individual attributes of your players. Forgetting about individual attributes, if you're wanting to maintain possession and work into box which it seems you do, I'd also recommend a shorter passing game but that's just me. I'd change the "expression" on a game by game basis only. I'll come back with more later, breakfast time. 

Edit - had look and for now, as I am on phone rather than laptop, this is the best advice I can offer without having the ability of jumping between your team and typing etc. I think there is enough here for you to make a good attempt and start a different approach. As a final at advice, like me you probably consider everyone in the final third of the pitch as attacking players. Which they are to an extent... But those attacking NEED support. And your defence works the same. You will see at the bottom of the pitch on the tactics screen it says "team fluidity: structured". From what I gather about your current setup though you want this to say fluid or very fluid - support play is vital to this your deemed duties stay back. Your attack stay forward. You support balance between the two and offers more fluidity. Let me know how you get on mate! Good luck 🤝

Edited by Danielfc

17 hours ago, Danielfc said:

Now that the roles are done... Adapt tactics to fit the roles and individual attributes of your players. Forgetting about individual attributes, if you're wanting to maintain possession and work into box which it seems you do, I'd also recommend a shorter passing game but that's just me. I'd change the "expression" on a game by game basis only. I'll come back with more later, breakfast time. 

Edit - had look and for now, as I am on phone rather than laptop, this is the best advice I can offer without having the ability of jumping between your team and typing etc. I think there is enough here for you to make a good attempt and start a different approach. As a final at advice, like me you probably consider everyone in the final third of the pitch as attacking players. Which they are to an extent... But those attacking NEED support. And your defence works the same. You will see at the bottom of the pitch on the tactics screen it says "team fluidity: structured". From what I gather about your current setup though you want this to say fluid or very fluid - support play is vital to this your deemed duties stay back. Your attack stay forward. You support balance between the two and offers more fluidity. Let me know how you get on mate! Good luck 🤝

Well I have played another month since then- and your suggestions have yielded precisely 4 wins and 4 losses- though one was on penalties in the cup. 

Still rather inconsistent but my job still seems relatively safe for now and I am in 5th and only 3 points off arsenal in 4th. 

Well well well bloody hell. I’ve played January too now and am into February, and it has been by far and away my best ever period on FM. I adapted your instructions into a more attacking mentiality, and that combined with the additions of sancho and kimpembe have worked wonders. 

Fingers crossed that continues for a long time to come. 

Happy to hear ;-) adapt roles to your mentality eg if you are playing defensive, have many defensive roles etc. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the season ;-)

Try looking at this, just came across it whilst I was bored. The very first tactic discussed is almost identical to what you were going with previously. He explains everything quite well. https://community.sigames.com/topic/513829-pairs-combinations-the-ultimate-guide-released/

Edited by Danielfc

On 31/03/2020 at 16:59, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

I finished 4th and made the fa cup final in the first season and am now into pre season for the second. I’m just wondering how to correct some of these negatives listed here though? 

91D72FE6-A039-492C-B2FF-DC3B55128B37.thumb.jpeg.810f3290596be29524e702a93de9af20.jpeg

You don't necessarily need to correct them. Negatives are all relative... So you have a negative of opposition final third entries from centrally. If you stop them from doing that, they'll make final third entries from out wide which is, arguably, worse.

That said you could play a DM in order to help deal with those entries and to also help with losing possession in your defensive third, centrally.

One of your negatives is losing possession... But you're set to pass into space and be more expressive. This means there'll be more "killer balls" attempted which, by their nature, are both more likely to result in a goal scoring opportunity but also more likely to result in lost possession. You could fix it by employing safer passing... But I'm inclined to think there'd be no point. You've finished 4th so it seems to me like it's working in your favour, allowing you to score goals and win games, more often than it's working against you.

But yeah, seriously, don't worry about it. I've had seasons where I've gone unbeaten and won, literally, everything. I still had negatives.

On 01/04/2020 at 23:26, drizzlynewt said:

You don't necessarily need to correct them. Negatives are all relative... So you have a negative of opposition final third entries from centrally. If you stop them from doing that, they'll make final third entries from out wide which is, arguably, worse.

That said you could play a DM in order to help deal with those entries and to also help with losing possession in your defensive third, centrally.

One of your negatives is losing possession... But you're set to pass into space and be more expressive. This means there'll be more "killer balls" attempted which, by their nature, are both more likely to result in a goal scoring opportunity but also more likely to result in lost possession. You could fix it by employing safer passing... But I'm inclined to think there'd be no point. You've finished 4th so it seems to me like it's working in your favour, allowing you to score goals and win games, more often than it's working against you.

But yeah, seriously, don't worry about it. I've had seasons where I've gone unbeaten and won, literally, everything. I still had negatives.

Seems like there’s a glitch I’ve found. I’ve just finished season 2 and have gone into the “club vision meeting” but I can’t exit the page. Even if I just try to confirm everything the board says, the option is greyed out and says “please check the last change and pick a valid option”

5 hours ago, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

Seems like there’s a glitch I’ve found. I’ve just finished season 2 and have gone into the “club vision meeting” but I can’t exit the page. Even if I just try to confirm everything the board says, the option is greyed out and says “please check the last change and pick a valid option”

60780520069__902CA8C9-01DD-4F1E-ADC8-AADA815AA56F.MOV

https://community.sigames.com/forum/738-crashes-technical-issues/

It is quite unclear but I am sure you're just missing something. 

On 31/03/2020 at 17:59, Daniel Lagan Gonzalez said:

I finished 4th and made the fa cup final in the first season and am now into pre season for the second. I’m just wondering how to correct some of these negatives listed here though? 

91D72FE6-A039-492C-B2FF-DC3B55128B37.thumb.jpeg.810f3290596be29524e702a93de9af20.jpeg

You should have posted it in tactics and training forum where more people would see it and offered help.

No matter what tactic there will always be negatives, but problem here is that you don't have tactical identity. You tell them to play on counter and pass into space and also use sweeper keeper wich  suggest you want to play quick counters but then you told keeper to distribute to centebacks and you have play out of defence and especially work the ball i the box which tells the players to be patient and look foor the opening.

You can use some of these together even if they don't fit the same style but some of them don't fit together. I would never use counter and work the ball in the box together. However I would use counter and play out of defence.

Put one of your MCs on defend duty, those 2 have a lot of ground to cover and you put a lot of unnecessary preassure on them by telling them both to support your front 4. You also add to that preassure by playing with lower defensive line but you didn't lower line of engagement as well which means you are stretched vertically.  All of a sudden have even more ground to cover and can easily be outnumbered.

Playing offside trap with low defensive line makes no sense.

2 hours ago, yolixeya said:

You should have posted it in tactics and training forum where more people would see it and offered help.

No matter what tactic there will always be negatives, but problem here is that you don't have tactical identity. You tell them to play on counter and pass into space and also use sweeper keeper wich  suggest you want to play quick counters but then you told keeper to distribute to centebacks and you have play out of defence and especially work the ball i the box which tells the players to be patient and look foor the opening.

You can use some of these together even if they don't fit the same style but some of them don't fit together. I would never use counter and work the ball in the box together. However I would use counter and play out of defence.

Put one of your MCs on defend duty, those 2 have a lot of ground to cover and you put a lot of unnecessary preassure on them by telling them both to support your front 4. You also add to that preassure by playing with lower defensive line but you didn't lower line of engagement as well which means you are stretched vertically.  All of a sudden have even more ground to cover and can easily be outnumbered.

Playing offside trap with low defensive line makes no sense.

Don’t worry, I’ve been through a 2nd season now and it’s ok- I’ve signed Timo Werner so I’m switching to a 4-4-2 for season 3 anyway 

On 20/03/2020 at 01:35, Danielfc said:

If 4 oals out of 20 on target is good how come the AI can score 2/3  from 4/5 on target ?

2 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

If 4 oals out of 20 on target is good how come the AI can score 2/3  from 4/5 on target ?

Aww did you have a bad game? If that is a regular occurrence I'd be inclined to say "that's because of your tactics mate". You should start a thread in that section. With screenshots from consecutive games backing this up. 

30 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

Aww did you have a bad game? If that is a regular occurrence I'd be inclined to say "that's because of your tactics mate". You should start a thread in that section. With screenshots from consecutive games backing this up. 

no didnt have a bad game at all ,im just saying ,you can have 20shots on target and score 4goal but the AI can find a way through with only 2 shots on target ,the human goal to shots ratio is much lower than the AI i would say if your defence concedes 40 goal in a season from less than 200 SOT ,but you will score 70/80 goals a season from 600 SOT .

36 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

I got hamnered 

20200406_230553.jpg

37 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

another bad game 

20200406_012022.jpg

49 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

another bad game 

20200406_012022.jpg

As the date isn't on the first photo I feel the games are cherry picked. Alas, that is by the by and doesn't matter. Anecdotally I can give you a million screenshots from my save which will contradict your claims. Six goals out of twenty on target in that first game tells me, coincidentally the same as earlier, a plus 25 percent goal ratio. Maybe they were set to ''shoot on site'' and thus leading to more ''shots''. I do not see what the problem here is? I assume you're Sheffield because you said you got hammered. So...the stats also tell me that your tactics need major adjustments and or your strikers are...on strike. Or pish. Or both. Almost identical words to say for the second screen. I'd recommend starting a thread in tactics and not hijack my man Daniel Lagan Gonzalez's  thread.

Edited by Danielfc

45 minutes ago, Danielfc said:

As the date isn't on the first photo I feel the games are cherry picked. Alas, that is by the by and doesn't matter. Anecdotally I can give you a million screenshots from my save which will contradict your claims. Six goals out of twenty on target in that first game tells me, coincidentally the same as earlier, a plus 25 percent goal ratio. Maybe they were set to ''shoot on site'' and thus leading to more ''shots''. I do not see what the problem here is? I assume you're Sheffield because you said you got hammered. So...the stats also tell me that your tactics need major adjustments and or your strikers are...on strike. Or pish. Or both. Almost identical words to say for the second screen. I'd recommend starting a thread in tactics and not hijack my man Daniel Lagan Gonzalez's  thread.

no im leeds and and all my players are set to shoot less often ,i was just stating a fact the AI goals to shot on target is around 60to80.% and the human is around 25%, just because people state things ,dont presume they are crap at the game.,why would you recomend me starting a thread in tactics? Its a forum anyone can read and post ,i didnt hijack a thread ,i just presumed CLEVER people who knew football would but bielsa and leeds together ,and the fact that both pics have leeds in them and only sheff utd appear once ,i can now see why you struggle with percentages and facts ,maybe take your own advice and start your own thread ,good day to you 😂