Closed stadiums to due a pandemic

FMFutbol

For a new feature, how about a pandemic hits a large region and causes all stadiums to be closed and played with no fans, affecting revenue and reducing the home team advantage.

I would guess so too. Prosponing a league or cutting a competition short might be too difficult to implement, and perhaps prone to bugs. But closing down a stadium to fans seems feasable and simulate the current climate.

18 minutes ago, Gangor said:

And what if half your squad got ill and you had to call up a bunch of youth players -  and your opponent did too - that could be an interesting situation.

That can happen, its why you have the option of sending players home.  very rare though

16 hours ago, Kanwulf said:

There are some things that “increase realism” that are just unnecessary and would over complicate things. This is one of them.

I suspect that this will be the developers thoughts with all the complications that it would generate

• 2 weeks later...

Please DON'T do that SI...

If you do then I guess you should also start faffing around with other realistic stuff:

- flares on pitches and hitting players during hot derbies
- broken lower league teams' coaches while they travel to an away game 
- drunk refs in Polish/Russian/Ukrainian/Bulgarian etc lower leagues
- player's wifes/girlfriend cheating them with a teammate
- occasional naked man running onto pitch in a CL final
- player's or staff member's death every now then

etc the list can be endless as it all happens from time to time... But I, and surely most other users as well, prefer for the developers to focus on constant improving of the most important thing which is ME and other stuff much closer to what's important for the actual game.

Edited by right_winger

• 1 month later...