The next Arturo Vidal

burnum

I'm looking for a player who can play a role similar to Arturo Vidal when he was with Juventus & Bayern. An allround midfielder with strength, workrate, tackling but also some technical and passing skills, playing from either the MC or DMC position. Camavinga comes to mind (he could be molded into such a player) but he's already moved to PSG in my save.

Any suggestions?

Am 8.3.2020 um 09:57 schrieb nexting:

Boubakary Soumare?

Nice one, he was one of my final candidates for the Vidal-role in the end.

Am 8.3.2020 um 10:29 schrieb calvin:

image.thumb.png.fab1b97406d5fdcf3e383631d770881f.png

Bought him from Lanus. With AZ though, don't know wether he'll be any good in a top top team. But I guess so ...

Had him scouted but my scouts came back and only gave him 2,5 star potential, so he just wasn't good enough in my save.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Blue 4 Life:

Tonali

Good player, no doubt. But he's not the type of player I was looking for. Tonali is more of a typical DLP, like Veratti (PSG) or Thiago (Bayern). Tonali is simply not physical enough and not defensively strong enough for my intended role. He's Pirlo, not Vidal.

After scouting around 20 players for that "Vidal'esque" role, I ended up signing Florentino Luis from Benfica. Quite expensive but he seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Great mentals and defensive stats, decent physical and technical stats.

Edited by burnum

Tonali has higher strength, acceleration, aggression, jumping, heading and determination ratings than Luiz on my save, plus equal ratings for pace, marking, stamina and work rate. I'm totally bemused you don't think Tonali is defensively physical enough to be honest. Tonali also has superior passing, vision, technique, dribbling and long shot ratings to Luiz. Luiz has great stats for a solid holding midfielder, but Tonali has better stats for an all round midfielder with superior technical and passing stats to closer match Vidal in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Blue 4 Life said:

Tonali has higher strength, acceleration, aggression, jumping, heading and determination ratings than Luiz on my save, plus equal ratings for pace, marking, stamina and work rate. I'm totally bemused you don't think Tonali is defensively physical enough to be honest. Tonali also has superior passing, vision, technique, dribbling and long shot ratings to Luiz. Luiz has great stats for a solid holding midfielder, but Tonali has better stats for an all round midfielder with superior technical and passing stats to closer match Vidal in my opinion.

Seconded, actually. I was using him as a B2B midfielder, an he was a beast. However, really comes into his own when used as a playmaker. Pings passes from deep like nobody's business. But yes, he can be effectively used for an all-round role and works well there too.