Which FM game had the best editor

cel1234

I'm just wondering what people think was the best version of the editor for the Football Manager game ?? Also which was the first version you were able to create league and cups ??

The FM12 editor would have been the best if it wasn't for the game breaking bug of an ever-increasing player database.  You could save .dbc files into the dbc folder of the database and it would load into the database itself, allowing you to make really huge custom files.  Later games would only enable encrypted dbc files into the database dbc folder.  For me, the FM10 editor holds a special place for being the first with the competition editor and discovering the (then hidden) Advanced Rules.

It gets better every year, but I think the suggested search result bar thing (hard to explain) is really sloppy. I never want to use it, and sometimes it makes blank searches for me, which is totally miserable when I have the maximum search results up to 100k or infinite.

Edited by Ruh Roh

I liked the FM19 editor it was less buggy as suggested above the tool tip was implemented in a sloppy way plus you cant copy and paste text from a field like you can in previous editors

I hope SI focus on fixing existing issues over adding new features next year

Some issues these issues have been in the editor for years but have not been addressed