[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

1 minute ago, Tummyowl said:

Five... Five games in and I have changed back to 4-3-3 (holding defensive midfielder). Will try 4-2-3-1 again at some point, but just was not clicking / scoring goals.

Maybe post your tactic, we can take a look and see whats up. I am having great success with the formation, I am currently testing it out with other teams in different leagues, all predicted to finish bottom,  to see if it;s just because of the amazing squad I have or if it's universal

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Powello said:

It should do with that attack :)

Yeah and the backups aren’t too shabby either.

Garner/ Bellingham - Ms

Florentino Luis/ McTominay - DLPd

Hannibal - APs

Angel Gomes - IFa

Chiesa - Ws

Greenwood - AFa

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

Yeah and the backups aren’t too shabby either.

Garner/ Bellingham - Ms

Florentino Luis/ McTominay - DLPd

Hannibal - APs

Angel Gomes - IFa

Chiesa - Ws

Greenwood - AFa

Yeah not bad haha

That midfield and attack coupled with bringing De Ligt into the defence should be more that enough to bring the league back home and I’m hoping to be pushing for the CL as well.

The only concern I have with the team now is Chiesa, with 2 of my tactics not requiring wide attacking players and with Sancho able to play as an AM already and Bellingham being more than capable to play as an ancillary right winger he seems a lot more disposable than he did after the FA cup final loss to Everton

Edited by Zeonflux
Spelling error

19 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

That midfield and attack coupled with bringing De Ligt into the defence should be more that enough to bring the league back home and I’m hoping to be pushing for the CL as well.

The only concern I have with the team now is Chiesa, with 2 of my tactics not requiring wide attacking players and with Sancho able to play as an AM already and Bellingham being more than capable to play as an ancillary right winger he seems a lot more disposable than he did after the FA cup final loss to Everton

Yeah you don't need him

I think I’m all honesty his fate was determined when he got sent off in the CL SF second leg after 2 minutes 

Ha yeah that doesn't help his situation I bet

15 hours ago, Powello said:

I was going to find out but then he got injured for me in his 2nd game and now with mbappe comng in he will barely play. What I noticed form him in the short time he played is he ran like a blind man, well that's not entirely accurate, he dribbled very well and was speedy but his end product was terrible, if he hadn't got injured I would have subbed him anyway. I'm 5 seasons in and his mentals are still terrible for a supposed world class winger. I will be selling him in the summer unless he makes some sort of impression if he gets another chance

Find it very strange that he has that "world class" stature of him but those mentals drop him so much down the pecking order. Even since fm 16 i've avoided him cause his mentals are wack. 

Think it's why I tend to go for players with good mentals for wide players rather than physicals. I think the wingers highlighted attributes need to add mentals for wingers, 

28 minutes ago, Powello said:

Ha yeah that doesn't help his situation I bet

Well believe it or not but prior to his sending off I had no plans to let him go as I was more than happy with rotating Chiesa with Sancho on the right but following the red I was rather annoyed.

Sancho was injured and my final league games were rubbers as I was too far behind the top 2 to challenge and too far ahead to lose 3rd so I just played the youth team and backup players, since Chiesa had annoyed me I player Bellingham on the right and he did really well which is what has indirectly lead to his demise in the team.

That and I’m pretty different on the game to how I am in real life and on FM I will hold a grudge. A few versions ago I was manager of Spain and after winning the quadruple with United Sergio Ramos dared to tell the press that Pogba should leave me and join Madrid as they were the biggest team in the world despite not winning anything in 3 years.......I promptly ended his international career at 31

So I have been testing the tactic with multiple teams who are predicted to finish bottom, I know this isn't that tactics thread but I just wanted to see if it was working so well just because of the squad level or because it is a solid tactic and people here have asked me to share my tactic before. I have also seen a few poeple on here say they can't get a 4-2-3-1 working well.  I'm never happy to share a tactic unless I am satisfied it is good enough though.

Below are the results of the test. All I did was add a manager, plug the tactic in and select use current tactic. I only out it in one slot, and went on holiday. SO there are no new signings.

Mallorca: Predicted 20th Finished 5th, Spanish cup lost on pens in the 3rd round to levante - Scored 3rd most goals in league

Paderborn: Predicted 18th Finished 12th, DFB Pokal lost 1-0 in the 3rd round to stuttgart - Scored joint most goals in league, beat Dortmund in the 2nd round of cup

FC Metz: Predicted 20th Finished 2nd,  French Cup los t in the 9th round to Lens, Coup de Ligue lost 3-2 in the final to Lille -Scored 2nd most league goals, beat PSG 3-0 at home in the league and on pens in the cup

Norwich: Predicted 20th Finished 8th, Carabao Cup lost to United in the Quarters, FA Cup lost 2-0 to Liverpool in the Final – Knocked out United and Chelsea in the FA Cup

Lecce: Predicted 20th Finished 9th, Italian Cup lost in the 4th round to Sampdoria – Only 7 pts off European spot

And for the lower league lovers

Eastleigh: Predicted 24th Finished 3rd, Lost narrowly in the playoff final, FA Trophy lost in the 2nd round replay, FA Cup lost 3-2 in the 1st round to Southend – Scored the most goals by far in the league.

From what I cna tell, the tactic is very promising, the main problem is the defence, but I tthink thaat is mainly down to BPDs which for these teams ive tested with, they aren't good enough. SO with signings, or changing it to CB-D they would have done a lot better as most of them had one of the best attacks. So definitely a solid base to work with. I'm goign to do another season test, same teams, but with CB-D and see the difference. Won't be doing that for a day or 2 though as busy. If that test goes well, I will share the tactic

Edited by Powello

6 minutes ago, Powello said:

So I have been testing the tactic with multiple teams who are predicted to finish bottom, I know this isn't that tactics thread but I just wanted to see if it was working so well just because of the squad level or because it is a solid tactic and people here have asked me to share my tactic before. I have also seen a few poeple on here say they can't get a 4-2-3-1 working well.  I'm never happy to share a tactic unless I am satisfied it is good enough though.

Below are the results of the test. All I did was add a manager, plug the tactic in and select use current tactic. I only out it in one slot, and went on holiday. SO there are no new signings.

Mallorca: Predicted 20th Finished 5th, Spanish cup lost on pens in the 3rd round to levante - Scored 3rd most goals in league

Paderborn: Predicted 18th Finished 12th, DFB Pokal lost 1-0 in the 3rd round to stuttgart - Scored joint most goals in league, beat Dortmund in the 2nd round of cup

FC Metz: Predicted 20th Finished 2nd,  French Cup los t in the 9th round to Lens, Coup de Ligue lost 3-2 in the final to Lille -Scored 2nd most league goals, beat PSG 3-0 at home in the league and on pens in the cup

Norwich: Predicted 20th Finished 8th, Carabao Cup lost to United in the Quarters, FA Cup lost 2-0 to Liverpool in the Final – Knocked out United and Chelsea in the FA Cup

Lecce: Predicted 20th Finished 9th, Italian Cup lost in the 4th round to Sampdoria – Only 7 pts off European spot

Eastleigh: Predicted 24th Finished 3rd, Lost narrowly in the playoff final, FA Trophy lost in the 2nd round replay, FA Cup lost 3-2 in the 1st round to Southend – Scored the most goals by far in the league.

From what I cna tell, the tactic is very promising, the main problem is the defence, but I tthink thaat is mainly down to BPDs which for these teams ive tested with, they aren't good enough. SO with signings, or changing it to CB-D they would have done a lot better as most of them had one of the best attacks. So definitely a solid base to work with. I'm goign to do another season test, same teams, but with CB-D and see the difference. Won't be doing that for a day or 2 though as busy. If that test goes well, I will share the tactic

👍 sounds like the tactics pretty solid, might also come down to being able to make changes during games that help turn the game around but from the sound of it you’ve built a pretty decent tactic

Do you have any idea for a CB CM ML/MR and ST in winter 2019 ? I'm gonna sell Matic and Jones. I've been thinking about Ruben Dias and Depay but Sancho is too expensive in the winter. I love United. No idea for a CM. My tactic is 442 with a B2B and a deep lying playmaker (assist). I'd like a CM capable of playing both positions as Fred

7 minutes ago, Akustik said:

Do you have any idea for a CB CM ML/MR and ST in winter 2019 ? I'm gonna sell Matic and Jones. I've been thinking about Ruben Dias and Depay but Sancho is too expensive in the winter. I love United. No idea for a CM. My tactic is 442 with a B2B and a deep lying playmaker (assist). I'd like a CM capable of playing both positions as Fred

Are you looking for first XI level players or to improve your backups? I sign Thilo Kehrer from PSG at the beginning of an FM20 save. Before the 20.4 patch he'd cost about £5.5m. On my current 20.4.1 save I got him for £3.9m! He's good enough to challenge Lindelof for the right to partner Maguire. I've also just signed Rugani from Juventus for £13.25m after he got listed. He's probably not got the potential to oust Maguire as the lead DC but I think he's better than Rojo/Jones and probabably also Bailly and Smalling. Bailly is just too injury prone to keep as a long-term prospect.

CM wise I like Abdoulaye Doucoure from Watford. £38m is probably a bit much but I wanted a pretty strong CM with a decent amount of vision to partner Pogba for the short-term whilst I see how McTominay develops.

31 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

👍 sounds like the tactics pretty solid, might also come down to being able to make changes during games that help turn the game around but from the sound of it you’ve built a pretty decent tactic

Yeah it seems good. In my real save I occasionally have to make tweaks opposition tactics depending and I still haven't lost a game in like 3 years lol. I wanted to show you can get a 4231 working well

30 minutes ago, Akustik said:

CB - Dias is quality, my DoF signed him for me and has been solid, Todibo ( I think his name is) quality young french cb also signed by my DoF and has been even better than Dias.

CM - Play Garner he is good enough if you play him and train him well, I highly reccomend Titouan Thomas from Lyon, I got him for around 5m first season and he grows into exactly what you are looking for

ML - Depay is a good option, I reccomend Everton from Gremio, cost me 23.5m and was quality

MR - Bellingham, just get him thats al I need to say haha

ST - Greenwood, Haaland, Pellegri( supposed to be quality but was not for me), Jaoao Pedro, I think he starts at Watford

Edited by Powello

Yeah I’d have to agree with Garner and Bellingham for CM as both have been great for me when I’ve played them and that’s gonna increase in my coming season.

Bellingham is a hell of a player, I’ve used him as a CM, AMR, AMC and an AML and he’s performed fantastically well in each of those positions 

3 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Yeah I’d have to agree with Garner and Bellingham for CM as both have been great for me when I’ve played them and that’s gonna increase in my coming season.

Bellingham is a hell of a player, I’ve used him as a CM, AMR, AMC and an AML and he’s performed fantastically well in each of those positions 

He's so good haha, shows how good he is when I can't choose between mbappe and him for the AMR spot 

14 minutes ago, Powello said:

He's so good haha, shows how good he is when I can't choose between mbappe and him for the AMR spot 

For me he’s like Dybala was a few years ago, he’s the only player I’d definitely buy on every save i make on this version of the game

1 hour ago, Powello said:

You see the thing is when you go on holiday, the little tweaks you make during/outside of the match isn't applied, The AI uses the 4231 well if you hadn't noticed, their CAM's mostly have a decent rating in context, where as if we use AP/AM's its likely they follow the ME way of passing wide and not doing anything in the middle/through the middle. 

You mind posting your tactic? or link me where you have before? 

I also see that the CM's crossover with the CAM, they both occupy the same space it's a bit of a drought- if you watch the highlights/ extended you barely see it in an AI vs AI (or at least in my save test I did). 

There's one flowing around with a LDM and RCM, might give that a try on the demo and see how it works. 

What the heck again already? We were only taken over in the summer. I mean it took around 5 season or whatever of these rumours before it happened before so maybe it will be another 5 years till the next one, but still that is very soon

ALWTsXO.jpg

Started my 'lockdown' Manchester United save...

First things first... staff changes, I made some changes but more evolution that revolution... however, I know all you really care about is the transfers!

I managed to sell Mata, Matic, Pereira, McTominay, and Jones in addition to the transfers already made mean the club generated 130,000,000 in out going fees.

Manchester United start with 50,000,000 to spend... and in true style I managed to spend an additional 232,500,000... :lol: ( I would like to stress the majority spread over X years).

Rice from West Ham, Stengs from AZ, Gasparini from Udinese, Bellingham from Birmingham, and Martinez from Inter.

I had previously never signed Martinez, however, I saw him recommended in the thread and scouted him and fancied him, he was expensive but is doing well so far. I like him more than Martial (whom I will look to move on in January or at the end of the season).

I started playing a 4-2-3-1, however, I was not scoring nearly enough goals and I was becoming frustrated at teams creating chances against me. I reverted to my 'usual' 4-3-3 a tactic I have basically consistently used since... well forever (played since 97'). Defence became much more solid, and Manchester United got a couple of good wins... but I was unhappy with the formation and felt that it was not getting enough from my two strongest midfielders (Pogba and Ferns). I started again, building a 4-2-3-1 that put more focus on controlling posession. Since changing to my 'new' formation I have won; 4-0, 3-0, 1-0, 4-0, 4-0, 1-0 (forunate to beat L'pool in the League cup). Changed training slightly too, putting less individual training in place.

Going well so far, everyone is happy and playing well.

First choice team is;

De Gea

Williams/Shaw, Axel Tuanzebe/Lindelof, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka

Rice and Pogba

Stengs, Fernandes, Rashford

Martinez

Williams came in to cover for Shaw and I is now keeping Shaw out of the team, and the same for Lindelof who has come in for Tuanzebe (Lindelof was injured to start with).

Bellingham has been exceptional in the couple of appearances he has had, unreal.

Started my long term save so here's season one

Championes, Championes, Ole Ole Ole

Squad

League.thumb.jpg.15c0ed82b628f8da8f51f5b59a6dc693.jpg

All the cups I played my second string so didn't win anything else, all I wanted was the league.

League

XYZ.thumb.jpg.f11aab87e9d6984f611b24712dc56b72.jpg

Transfers in/out

In.thumb.jpg.83994df5ea48a44bbb1c24ed5fc2427f.jpg

Out.thumb.jpg.df158d14c07f281d67fa4d46b09b9392.jpg

Tactic

tactic.thumb.jpg.e14f88c3101baf361d71164b2d7512e4.jpg

On to next season Title and Champions League.

Season 2021/22: Nov-Feb

News:

Pau Torres joined Liverpool for £63m, 31-year-old Alex Sandro left Juventus for Tottenham in a £42m deal and Arsenal shrewdly picked up Pedrinho for £19.75m. Manger-wise, so for Aston Villa sacked Phillip Cocu and hired Brendan Rodgers and Crystal Palace sacked Alan Pardew and replaced him with Philippe Clement.

Here is a summary of the January transfers for the 2021/22 window:

HSTQsyu.jpg

In Manchester United news, we had two awful cup draws, Manchester City (A) and Liverpool (A) and we failed in both, resulting in us being dumped out of both domestic cups in the first games. 

January Transfer Window:

I wasn't planning any transfers this window, but David de Gea wasn't happy at being benched by Gianluigi Donnarumma so handed in a transfer request and ended up leaving for £46m, and with me having £70m remaining in the kitty from selling David Alaba on deadline day, I decided to spend £105m on Matthijs de Ligt as I'm looking at replacing Harry Maguire in the summer anyway. Basically done some Summer business in January.

I also decided on loaning out Jude Bellingham to Wolves until June, and Charlie Burton, dubbed the new Gazza, to Portsmouth too.

Isaías Andrada, a regen I signed 18 months ago, finally turned 18 and joined us in January from Club Atlético Vélez Sarsfield, and in his first game for the youth team he snapped his cruciate ligaments, out for 7 months.

Matthijs de Ligt:

yy34WIS.jpg

Cizão (David Alaba replacement) - has been absolutely superb, miles better than I thought and has a brilliant free-kick on him:

I7EAXKd.jpg

Premier League:

Zinedine Zidane has Arsenal ticking, they've been flying this season with me only recently being able to develop a points gap:

oG7IFrR.jpg

Current form:

2EBJZJm.jpg

Champions League:

Topped the group, Roma were not far behind in the end:

nYAeS0a.png

Currently playing Sevilla in the first round knockout, 1-0 down from the first leg (A).

EFL Cup: :thdn:

Out in the 3rd round to a full strength Manchester City. 3-1 up and fell apart.

xXwzjU5.jpg 

FA Cup: :thdn:

Similar to the EFL Cup, 2-0 up and fell apart to Liverpool (A):

ShXBCHQ.jpg

My Squad:

GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma, Yannick Becic*, Señén Martín Domínguez*

RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Ethan Laird

LB: Cizão*, Brandon Williams

CB: Matthijs de Ligt, Rúben Dias, Léo Guerreiro*, Axel Tuanzebe, Harry Maguire

CM: Paul Pogba, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Rúben Neves, Florentino Luís, Scott McTominay

AM: Bruno Fernandes, João Félix, Hannibal Mejbri, Jude Bellingham

IF: Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Leon Bailey

AF: Lautaro Martínez, Erling Haaland

*regen/newgen

Edited by stevemc

Almost at Christmas and just had my transfer budget increased to 53,000,000. I know there is almost no chance but the only player I want to sign is De Ligt (and maybe a first choice left back but Williams is immense so far).

So, I decided to restart again after the new update. I'm going to take this lockdown as a chance to get my United save right. The progression needs to be realistic(when I need it to be). So what is right now a very strong CL squad(After Maguire, Bruno, etc) needs to progress to a challenging side to a CL winning side to the most dominant force over the course of time. It also requires me to get my signings right and not over sign players again. Although the first season isn't finished, here is where I'm at so far.

League.thumb.PNG.1f726c37e571ad75657030654e567f9c.PNG

The race for the title is incredible strong in my save, however everyone else has just fallen by the wayside. Right now, we're exactly where I'd like us to be, as I never aimed to be challenging for the title with this squad. 

Players.thumb.PNG.c87c4b14bc9522a421e2ad2ce5fda375.PNG

This is a portion of the squad so far, mostly the main XI. Jones left for 17m and Lingard left for 19m. Pereira on loan brings in a mandatory future fee of 22m, so he's gone too. I brought in Bellingham in January, which I now regret, as I already had Garner and Levitt as youngsters showing great potential to play in first squad, but it's not the end of the world. Dan James picked up a lot of injuries regularly, and playing Mata out wide wasn't cutting it, so I brought Douglas Costa on loan till the season's end. 

Cavani will join on a free till the season's end(to give Greenwood time to develop and because I want a more rounded forward than Martial), and so will Reguilon(who will replace Shaw, not good enough offensively), both on a free.

My save is currently ground to a halt, as I want to negotiate a deal for either Grealish or Van De Beek at the current time, but I can't decide which. I need a creative midfielder to provide a more experienced(not youngsters) backup role to Pogba and Bruno. Aaron Ramsey was my ideal choice, but his wages are too much for me to consider for a squad player. That leaves Grealish, who can also be a great backup for Rashford out wide(James is a bit part player, Gomes will leave and Martial is my CF) or Van De Beek who is the ideal creative central midfielder, with all the traits I like in players I sign(High work rate, determination, etc). Both have been priced at between 30 - 37m, which is why I want to enforce the deal now. As soon as I make up my mind.

The final player I will look to sign will be Sancho, however he will be the only signing I negotiate in the Summer, as I continue to work on unsettling him. That will bring my Summer signing up to 4, which is my maximum, and I won't bring in anyone else. But those signings will certainly add a great deal to the squad I currently have. I've thought about a DM, but Matic and McTominay can fill in for now. 

In my third season, I will most likely prioritise the DM, ST and CB roles. Seen some people talking about De Gea, but his wages don't bother me half as much as say Sanchez or Lingard does and did. There's so much wage budget to be released. So I have no issues with him. Although I want Greenwood to be my star striker in the future, I am watching to see how he develops. I like my strikers to possess quality traits across the board(Good finishing, Aerial Ability, Technicals, Work Rate). Basically, I like the Suarez, Van Persie type strikers. Players who can do everything. So Lautaro Martinez or Harry Kane, if still available, will definitely be looked into. This is also why Grealish/Van De Beek is a tough choice. I will at some point, look to sell Martial, as his wages are some I'd like to remove, and that leaves no alternative to Rashford on the left wing. And yet Van De Beek is my ideal midfield choice between the two. A DM, at this point, is obvious, and the other being a suitable pacy partner for Maguire, with Upamecano being my primary long term target.  

As you can see, a lot have thought has gone into how I want to approach this early on, to ensure that the same mistakes are not made. and for the save to progress realistically and effectively. 

I don't like this idea of board takeovers messing with transfers though, as that will really disrupt and mess with my plans early on.

This bruno guy looks to be a deciding factor in the first few seasons :D. @MatthewS17 love how you've got your front line banging goals with greenwood and ighalo. Might do the same and give it another go and see how bruno fairs for myself. 

15 hours ago, pele10 said:

I was shocked myself 

I will never speak ill of Paris again! They just agreed to sign Fred for 40,000,000 on January 1st after he became upset at a lack of playing time... :D.

8 minutes ago, Tummyowl said:

Can look at how mind bogglingly expensive De Ligt will be...

Well I’ve just brought him at the start of the 3rd season and he’s gonna cost like £120m overall but I only paid £40m up front

19 minutes ago, Tummyowl said:

Can look at how mind bogglingly expensive De Ligt will be...

I paid 90m for him in the 5th season. He's not been able to shift Todibo and Dias and now Skriniar to start regularly. I am thinking of training him as a SV as I am using one of them now in a new tactic I am creating. He has many good attributes for the role, just need to improve a few of them.

12 minutes ago, Powello said:

I paid 90m for him in the 5th season. He's not been able to shift Todibo and Dias and now Skriniar to start regularly. I am thinking of training him as a SV as I am using one of them now in a new tactic I am creating. He has many good attributes for the role, just need to improve a few of them.

I’d say he’s definitely a player that you either get as soon as possible or not at all, I feel that if you don’t get him straight away then the players you bring in are probably just as good as him and if you wait too long you end up with young regens that a probably more worthy of the game time to improve them

12 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

I’d say he’s definitely a player that you either get as soon as possible or not at all, I feel that if you don’t get him straight away then the players you bring in are probably just as good as him and if you wait too long you end up with young regens that a probably more worthy of the game time to improve them

Really he'sjust as good as the ones I have already, they were just already here, I didn't really need him, just bought him because he was available and I am greedy lol. Theres nothing wrong with having 4 top class cbs, just keeping them all happy is the main thing. TBF I didn't want Skriniar, the board bought him, he's just come in and been on fire, I can't drop him now

Just secured out 5th title in a row with 5 games left to make it 4 trophies out of 4 this season, witht he FA Cup and Champions league still to go. Not sure whats going on with the Club World Cup, since  we played in it at the end of the 1st or second season, we have won the champions league 3 times or something and it' hasn't been played again, any one know if it's a bug or something?  as it keeps saying I have qualified for it but it never happens.

Will do a proper review of the year at the end of the season

zhtqhiT.jpg

Edited by Powello

8 minutes ago, Powello said:

Really he'sjust as good as the ones I have already, they were just already here, I didn't really need him, just bought him because he was available and I am greedy lol. Theres nothing wrong with having 4 top class cbs, just keeping them all happy is the main thing. TBF I didn't want Skriniar, the board bought him, he's just come in and been on fire, I can't drop him now

I know what you mean about being greedy, I’m the same with strikers, on FM17 I had Rashford, Martial, Dybala, Gabigol and 2 amazing regen strikers and still brought Mbappe, ended up playing a 4-3-1-2 with Gabigol, Rashford and Martial mostly as the wingers and Dybala went from ST to AMC just to get them all in the team

Edited by Zeonflux

3 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

I know what you mean about being greedy, I’m the same with strikers, on FM17 I had Rashford, Martial, Dybala, Gabigol and 2 amazing regen strikers and still brought Mbappe, ended up playing a 4-3-1-2 with Gabigol, Rashford and Martial mostly as the wingers and Dybala went from ST to AMC just to get them all in the team

haha, I have about 8 cms that I don't know what to do with. I am trying to think of formations I can use to use as many as I can lol

8 minutes ago, Powello said:

haha, I have about 8 cms that I don't know what to do with. I am trying to think of formations I can use to use as many as I can lol

Try an exprimental 2-1-3-3-1?

CB/CB

HB 

M/DLP/M

AM/SS/AM

AF

might be worth a laugh?

Try an exprimental 2-1-3-3-1?

CB/CB

HB 

M/DLP/M

AM/SS/AM

AF

might be worth a laugh?

I was actually thinking of something along those lines for a giggle,but I am on course for a second season in a row winning every game so don't want to mess the record up just yet when I am so close haha

5 minutes ago, Powello said:

I was actually thinking of something along those lines for a giggle,but I am on course for a second season in a row winning every game so don't want to mess the record up just yet when I am so close haha

No you don’t want to mess with a winning season but it could be a bit of a preseason trial.

im looking forward to the kids going to bed later to get on my save, the last preseason game I played last night was a testimonial I set up for DDG against Athletico Madrid and using the new tactic I adopted we won 5-1 using a very rotated team but I was very happy with Angel Gomes getting a hat trick of thunderb******s from whilst playing as a Mazzala against Oblak

Edited by Zeonflux

32 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

No you don’t want to mess with a winning season but it could be a bit of a preseason trial.

I might set one up and leave it in the 3 slot so the team get familiar with it and play it in the final game of the season for a laugh, can always switch back to main one if it looks bad

And this is what I came up with HAHAHAHAHAHA

E48x9sv.jpg

How do you think it will get on? :lol: That is likely the players I will use, although I have 6 other players in the squad who could step in lol As I Said, way to many cms ha

Edited by Powello

36 minutes ago, Powello said:

I might set one up and leave it in the 3 slot so the team get familiar with it and play it in the final game of the season for a laugh, can always switch back to main one if it looks bad

And this is what I came up with HAHAHAHAHAHA

E48x9sv.jpg

How do you think it will get on? :lol: That is likely the players I will use, although I have 6 other players in the squad who could step in lol As I Said, way to many cms ha

Well the middle is very compact and I suppose if the defense is a little thin you could try De Ligt as a Libero in the middle of Todibo and Skriniar.

Also I found the Bellingham plays very well as a SS so you could also move him there when Felix and Havertz are injured

Oh and I guarantee you still give away at least one throw in a game because one of your players just run off the pitch with the ball regardless of the fact that they shouldn’t be anywhere near the touch line 😂

Edited by Zeonflux

4 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Well the middle is very compact and I suppose if the defense is a little thin you could try De Ligt as a Libero in the middle of Todibo and Skriniar.

Also I found the Bellingham plays very well as a SS so you could also move him there when Felix and Havertz are injures

Interesting thought, but seriously, I'm only having one game with it, unless it somehow turns out to be a diablo haha

Carrying on with my abundance of cms I am actually looking to sign Cavaniga(however you spell his name) in the summer as well haha, but I will be getting rid of Arthur, he would have gone on deadline day in january but the paperwork didn't go through in time.

Oh and I have 6 cms out on loan who will be ready for the 1st team next season as well aaargh why do I do this to myself? :lol:

Edited by Powello