Players retiring in November

Anybody seen this? I have seen some do it (Vermaelen just did in the 19/20 season in my save, and that's funny because he's just got back into the Belgium NT IRL). It doesn't seem like something that would happen IRL, unless an older player, due to injury or serious lack of playing time, decides to call it a day. In FM though, some players actually announce that they will retire in November the following season. A bit odd to make an announcement to retire during a season, no?

38 minutes ago, WojciechZed said:

Yes the retirement happen. It isn't about the early announcement, it's that it was announced for November. I have seen it happen a few times now.

I don't really have an issue with the announcement being in Nov, but retiring in Nov is odd.

3 hours ago, WojciechZed said:

Yes the retirement happen. It isn't about the early announcement, it's that it was announced for November. I have seen it happen a few times now.

It happened to me - I signed Steven Davis on a free and he then announced he'd be retiring in November. 

Also happened to the Youtuber TomFM in his latest series.  He signed an older player who then retired in November.

It is very strange, as you would think they would usually call it a day at the end of the season, unless it's an immediately required retirement due to injury.