Fan Transfer reactions

I'm playing FM18, so not FM19, this may have been improved, but I'm not sure if it has. If it has, please ignore.

Fans do not change their mind about a transfer. I signed a striker who is patently not good enough for my team. He's a garbage striker, whose only attribute is pace. Which isn't an issue, because we're playing in a ****** league. And though we're winning the league, and the striker has 11 goals and 4 assists in his first 12 League games, fans are disappointed by his performance, and appear to believe they were correct in thinking he was a disappointing signing.

Overall, adding the cups, he has 13 goals and 5 assists in 18 games. I don't think fans should be disappointed by a start like this, these are pretty good numbers.

Yet, I've seen overall that fans don't change their mind about a signing. If they're very happy about one, they'll be happy, even though performances aren't that great. But if they hate someone, they hate him for life.

This is unrealistic 

I'm sure it's related to reputation. If his rep is low the fans won't care. Sign someone with a high rep and they'll be pure buzzing. Not sure how vital the fans opinion is, if it's just cosmetic then don't worry

4 minutes ago, thehig2 said:

Would be nice if the fans opinion changed based on player performance like real life

They already do and have done so for years.

In the OP's case, it sounds like an extreme one where the player was judged to be VERY poor in comparison, so the good form couldn't raise satisfaction levels enough. Perhaps the weighting of form should be more as it is difficult to imagine fans still not being happy after performances like that.

24 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

In the OP's case, it sounds like an extreme one where the player was judged to be VERY poor in comparison, so the good form couldn't raise satisfaction levels enough. Perhaps the weighting of form should be more as it is difficult to imagine fans still not being happy after performances like that.

Maybe they do change but I only ever seem to notice "despite good performances, the fans don't have any strong opinions on X Player"

It's also quite silly when fans are unhappy with the signing of a young prospect who costed a whopping 20k (while good First Team signing range from 500k to 1M).

"The fans feel X will never be more than a backup option"... So what? I may be able to sell him in 1-2 years for 5x the original price because of his potential... I didn't splash four years worth of transfers budget on a dud FFS...

My fans have just had a fit about a poor piece of business in selling a wonderkid, that I bought for around 1m, kept for 3 years till the big clubs came calling, was worth 25m game value and I sold him for just over 51M- oh and by the way, he had asked to leave to move to a bigger club, despite all attempts to keep him- yep, a pretty poor bit of business.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Yes, it is technically a horrific signing. It's just worked out because his pace+Finishing+Off the ball+somewhat decent composure is very, very good for the Welsh league. He's absolutely awful in every other facet of the game, with no real first touch, no passing, nothing of note whatsoever, and a one star rating compared to the rest of the squad. He also benefits from having by far the best midfield behind him creating chances, and by far the best wingers in the league.

That said, there aren't many good strikers available, and for how well he's done, it should still somewhat balance fan opinion. We're on track to win the league, thanks to him, and the club (Haverford west) should not have any real chance of winning the league, but a couple of years of Europa League money and two amazing youth products changed a lot.

I just think it's still a bit unrealistic considering he's putting up good numbers. After two bad games, the fans become convinced he's the poor signing they thought he was, then again go back to the status in the OP

6 minutes ago, FrazT said:

My fans have just had a fit about a poor piece of business in selling a wonderkid, that I bought for around 1m, kept for 3 years till the big clubs came calling, was worth 25m game value and I sold him for just over 51M- oh and by the way, he had asked to leave to move to a bigger club, despite all attempts to keep him- yep, a pretty poor bit of business.

I've had that happen too, but didn't really mention it because fans do get annoyed at times about this. 

In one of my saves, I managed to sell Matias Vecino for around 30m to a Chinese club in the January window. He was doing alright, but the fans were upset (fans on social media threatening to burn their season tickets!). However, I managed to purchase Sandro Tonali for 10m to replace him in the squad.

I just think the signing of Tonali should give the fans some perspective on the sale of Vecino. However, currently, each signing/sale is just seen individually and not considered within the whole context.