Have you ever had a full 5-star rated player in your team?

Talking about high-tier teams, as it's easier with smaller ones.

I always manage good (but not great) teams, aiming to help them winning trophies and establish themselves as leaders of their respective leagues, but since the star rating was introduced, I don't remember ever having a player that my assistant manager rated with full 5 stars.

For example, the closest I have in my current save are Lorenzo Pellegrini with 4.5 stars CA and PA, and Amine Gouiri with 4 stars CA and 4.5 PA.

I'm interested to know about your experiences.

I have a couple of 5 star rated players in my current long term save as Paris FC in Ligue 1. I believe they're all regens, if i remember correctly.

I don't really see why them being rated 5 stars would be anything special though. My best performing players are all rated at 4 - 4½ stars, but that might be due to my tactic.

It depends on your coaches abilities and things like that. The star ratings are only their interpretation.

I've had players regens that were only 4.5 star rated by the assistant manager - but their CA nad PA were 200 in the editors. 

3 hours ago, Smurf said:

The star ratings are only their interpretation.

Yes. You can easily see this by clicking on a coach summary in the player profile screen and then choose different coaches and the star rating changes depending on their  aitributtes.

Guys - its not a 5 star player but how the players match up within your squad e.g. your best player given 5 stars if sold to a much better club may then be seen as a 1 star player among his new team mates

• Administrators

Yeah easier to have five stars at lower levels (as it's judged against not just your teammates but the standard of league/major competition they're playing in). So even Messi at Barca wouldn't be '5 stars' for Barca, more likely 4 or at a push 4.5 stars.

However take say a decent top flight standard player and put him in a League Two side - they'll be considerably better than their teammate and the league's average CA so more chance of being 5 stars.

That make sense?

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

So even Messi at Barca wouldn't be '5 stars' for Barca, more likely 4 or at a push 4.5 stars.

Really??? :eek:

For what concerns my save, the only player that my scouts consider with 5 full stars of CA is Mbappe (currently at Man City).

As mentioned above it may also depend on your scouts....not unlike real life when supposed stars flop and players considered pants turn out to be top class premiership players. How many stars would you have rated Messi and Suarez if you scouted them last night ;) 

I think because FM at times can be a numbers game its quite refreshing to see this type of ambiguity as its matched to real life, form, morale etc etc

Only player I've had rated 5 star is savic. Max pa star rating of regens my scouts find is 4.5 - have never ever seen a 5 star.

That said I generally ignore stars now. I use the recommendation score/colour to cancel the scout reports of obviously poor players. 

Messi was 5 star when I managed Barcelona last FM, Pogba and Martial both were on my United save this year (Martial's was definitely mostly due to his incredible form as attributes wise he's nowhere near Pogba). I think Andre Silva was on my FM18 Milan save...again, form definitely played a part as from his attributes he still had room for growth, but he had nearly a 50 goal season. 

Archived