Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

what do i do???HEEEELLLPPPPP!!!!

i ring up to do it all over the phone, and half way through it says i have entered the wrong activation key!!!! (I HADNT!)

i have been buying this game since the first release and now i have to jump through hoops and read their minds to play it. This is unreal!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SoftAnchor say there is a problem with their system. And they will post a solution on the forum.

This is useless man. I cannot believe it is so hard to do something which should be so easy. SoftAnchor doesn't work for me, Steam doesn't work for me and I live in Australia, so don't even know if i can ring someone to activate.

I would like the appropriate address (that's right, I'm sending a letter not an email, 1993 style) and a person (that's right, I'm swinging wild now) to whom I can register my disgust.

That's right, I am double posting... on purpose. Why? Why not?

Clearly, the situation is a mess.

If the download off Steam isn't available until midnight, activations shouldn't have begun before midnight. Because it results in those who have bought the game from elsewhere being able to activate it while those actually using Steam are unable to download it until midnight. Then you've got SI themselves releasing the patch ahead of the very release date they keep mentioning, which is easily construed as them acknowledging the game has been 'released' and that people are in a position to play it, and so want the patch. Then you've got Mac users, like myself, who have the game and don't have to activate it or anything, but may as well not bother starting a new game because we need the patch to resolve two big bugs. Yet the Mac patch isn't yet available because, it seems, the Mac QA at Sega and/or SI is (to quote Alan Hansen) very, very poor.

Everything should've gone live at midnight. Release both patches then. Start activations then. That way, no one feels 'left out' because someone else is able to play the full game with the first patch. Oh, and apparently use an activation code that doesn't include both 0/O and 1/I..

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2020539#post2020539

Can you guys please tell me how i activate this game?!

SoftAnchor has a problem. That's right, Sega have chosen to deal with another company, whom we don't even know and they cannot/will not help us. Did they just goto the cheapest option?

This is shocking. I'm lucky enough to be playing. My brother got it from Steam and is getting an error when trying to activate saying he's not connected when he is... Pathetic.

DRM is causing legitimate paying customers to not be able to play.

A disaster for SI games.

**** poor, I have a load of I/1 and 0/O in my stupid activation code. If you're going to make it be activated this way at least make the stupid thing work. Still haven't got it working. How long is it going to take to try all 6 different combinations of I/1 and O/0

Just tried that link and got it working, feel sorry for anyone who doesn't use these forums whos attempting to get the thing to work.......

So, hold on a minute. If I want to play for years to come and be sure of it, I have to but the game again in 18 months? Did I get that right? Just wondering.
Guys, that font link for the ''O and 0" problem doesn't work. Just letting you know

Just quotting myself on the quote from 4 hours ago and hoping someone has something to say about this.

Cheers.

F'kin Hell, give Miles and Co. a break! SI don't own or control Steam, they're doing their best to help everyone out.

People forget these are the geniuses that brought us this game, just be patient and show some respect.

RANT OVER

If we are unhappy with the product and asking for solutions, then noone should take it as a personal attack on them. I understand they are merely employees in a large organisation and that it is illogical to hold any one person responsible for such a gigantic ****-up.

However, right now, this is the only forum I have to voice my displeasure at the product that I have spent my hard earned to purchase (A$89.99 - it's no small amount and it's the only game I regularly buy). Don't talk to me about respect. Respect is about getting the authentication process correct through testing so that customers don't have to go through this rubbish!

NOW MY RANT IS OVER TOO

Just quotting myself on the quote from 4 hours ago and hoping someone has something to say about this.

Cheers.

^ The font link does work, I just looked at it. TBH it's not much help as it shows 0 and O that look identical (to my eye)

Don't know what your other question is, I'm sure you will not be expected to repurchase your game again, refer to Steam themselves perhaps?

I'm sitting in Mac limbo now whilst SI sleep, a sad lonely vigil waiting for them to get their quality zzz's, then come in to 10 million emails and messages and be snowed under getting back to helping the Mac users out who don't have a patch yet.

The crisis factor of SI release nights is pretty LOL. "Be calm. Be seated, it's a rush, it'll pass."

I did blame SI and Sega earlier but it now looks the activation code problems are caused by a c**p printing firm not anything else!

Sega have worked very hard 2nite to provide some help and I dont envy the person who had to wake up there UK director and say its all gone pete tong (Ive done this under similar circumstances and its not pretty!)

Having said that its a case of two many cooks (or software companies) spoiling the broth! It was never this hard before the update process was "simplified", but a release day patch is pretty good going!!

If your UK based and need help PM me, I dont work for any company involved with FM but am a Software Analyst for a leading UK Insurance Intermediary and am pretty clued up on most things (except decrypting activations!)

You can test software in-house all you and even run User Acceptance and End to End all you like externally, but you cant account for a shitty font and crap printers!!!

I did blame SI and Sega earlier but it now looks the activation code problems are caused by a c**p printing firm not anything else!

Sega have worked very hard 2nite to provide some help and I dont envy the person who had to wake up there UK director and say its all gone pete tong (Ive done this under similar circumstances and its not pretty!)

Having said that its a case of two many cooks (or software companies) spoiling the broth! It was never this hard before the update process was "simplified", but a release day patch is pretty good going!!

If your UK based and need help PM me, I dont work for any company involved with FM but am a Software Analyst for a leading UK Insurance Intermediary and am pretty clued up on most things (except decrypting activations!)

Thanks for offering your help to me and many other users. I know you don't have too do this, but I definitely appreciate it.

This is servely ****ing me off now not recieved any form of activation code and used some forum detaisl to find my supposed cd key and that seems to not work and it pritty pathetic really having to use an external company to ensure to activate a product and which for all of us it seems fails epicly

For all of you who haven't "gotten" it yet: turn caps on when you enter the code. Also, when comparing I's to 1's, the I have an extra dot on the top. When it comes to the O\0 thing, I only had 0's (zeros) in my code. Give that a try. I also think the zero is smaller (thinner) than the O.

I got it right the first try (after the server was activated) and the patch was downloaded in seven minutes, so stop blaming everyone else, and get it right!!!

And stop whining, damnit! The lot of you are acting like 14 year olds. (that last part was not for the constructive, helping, awesome persons, but the whiners.. :)

Well with steam the caps lock defaults on I had what looked like to me and 3 other people an I and L next to each other which turned out to be two 1's plus a completely random selection of o and 0! Even SI were baffled by my code so I feel within my rights to whing!!

Im Sorted now with help and consideration from SI and working on a help desk personally I wouldnt want to work on their's 2moro when the game is released in the shops!!!!!

So Ulrich any time you want to decipher my reg code I will scan and send it to you!

Even worse then the whiners (like me) are the people who are telling us not to whine. WTF? Asif we would whine for fun, we're whining because the process has failed.

If it's worked for you, then congratulations. Go and play the game and have fun... it's like being the last one picked for the football team, you have to sit there and wait until you're deemed worthy to be selected... oh, the shame is all coming back to me now.

Well with steam the caps lock defaults on I had what looked like to me and 3 other people an I and L next to each other which turned out to be two 1's plus a completely random selection of o and 0! Even SI were baffled by my code so I feel within my rights to whing!!

Im Sorted now with help and consideration from SI and working on a help desk personally I wouldnt want to work on their's 2moro when the game is released in the shops!!!!!

So Ulrich any time you want to decipher my reg code I will scan and send it to you!

Try me :) Btw, nothing in my post was directed at YOU in person. I just got fed up with the criticizing of SI and quite stumped, really, since my code worked like a charm, after using "my method".

But sure, show me your code, and I'll try to decipher it.

I'm confused with this authentication...I received a boxed version of the game for my Mac, installed it.. and plaed, nothing came jup asking me for an authentication code? Should it have?! :confused:

No, Mac users just need the disc in the drive to run the game - no Steam problems, no O/0 problems, just plain sailing.

Well that key code is absolutely pathetic, taken 30mins of trying different combinations to get it to work.
http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Hey, I tired that (^) link it didn't work :( I have a picture of the key if one you guys from SEGA or SI want to have a look :D

EDIT: I have also tried many different combinations with O's and 0's etc...

Please PM the link to your key

I acitvated trough steam and starts up the game, but then SoftAnchor things come up. WTF?!

Same and Sega/SI are ignoring us!!! I demand a refund. A sega guy said Steam would be working at 12 tonight or he'd refund us himself... It's 12:35 and the game is still not on.

Same and Sega/SI are ignoring us!!! I demand a refund. A sega guy said Steam would be working at 12 tonight or he'd refund us himself... It's 12:35 and the game is still not on.

Hi,

What is the message comes up from SoftAnchor?

We're not ignoring you, but we are trying to get around a few posts

Thanks

Ben

Hi Guys Need Help !!

I click on my desktop FM09 icon and all i keep getting is an error messgae that will not allow me to entre the game ...

The Error message reads "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"

Does anyone know why its giving me this error???

been trying for over 3hours to get some direction

For all of you who haven't "gotten" it yet: turn caps on when you enter the code. Also, when comparing I's to 1's, the I have an extra dot on the top. When it comes to the O\0 thing, I only had 0's (zeros) in my code. Give that a try. I also think the zero is smaller (thinner) than the O.

I got it right the first try (after the server was activated) and the patch was downloaded in seven minutes, so stop blaming everyone else, and get it right!!!

And stop whining, damnit! The lot of you are acting like 14 year olds. (that last part was not for the constructive, helping, awesome persons, but the whiners.. :)

PS I have this post printed in case he deletes it

SI/Sega are not ignoring us!! Muzchap is working later than any IT Support I know!! Just to try and help us out!

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

It says it can't authenticate when I put in my code cause it can't connect to the Internet!! I am on the internet just now!! I got the game from Steam.

I went through the phone register on my mobile (so I'm charged for this call) and it took ages and that never worked either although it said it had! Now I'm worried about losing licenses too! It's a mess and I feel like actually crying.

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

Ben, thanks for your help so far. I am ringing the Phone Activation line and it is asking me for my 16 digit activation code, but I cannot find this anywhere. I have looked everywhere. Am I an idiot or missing anything?

It says it can't authenticate when I put in my code cause it can't connect to the Internet!! I am on the internet just now!! I got the game from Steam.

I went through the phone register on my mobile (so I'm charged for this call) and it took ages and that never worked either although it said it had! Now I'm worried about losing licenses too! It's a mess and I feel like actually crying.

Hi,

Is this on the machine that you are on, or is it your brothers? You authenticated ok with your copy from Play.com, is that on the same machine?

Thanks

Ben

Wait until tomorrow morning UK time time and the SI people will be back hopefully with some solutions.

It's going to be frightening. Those ones were actually 'I's. I'd never have worked that out without the key lookup.

Hi,

Is this on the machine that you are on, or is it your brothers? You authenticated ok with your copy from Play.com, is that on the same machine?

Thanks

Ben

Its my brothers laptop.. He got his on Steam and he's keeping me up cause he cant get it working and doesn't have access to the forums

He is on MSN talking to me so he's 100% connected.

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Hey, I tired that (^) link it didn't work :( I have a picture of the key if one you guys from SEGA or SI want to have a look :D

EDIT: I have also tried many different combinations with O's and 0's etc...

I had the o and 0 problem too but after many variations i was finally successful, but now when i load up the game it says there has been a problem and will have to shut down, the patch isnt available on si anymore either, whats going on?

Right ok now i have no cd key no frekin anything and for what i payed for tbh this is a joke know admin ect are trying hard but jesus, no email confirming my "acitvation code" and using regedit that seems the code is wrong either can someone give me a stright awnser on how the hell to get my "acitvation code"

Archived