FM19: An Ambitious Andorran

Rikulec

4 hours ago, nie jem frytek said:

Struggles! ;)

Yeah, quite a change of pace. :D It's definitely refreshing!

4 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

Good luck for the Confederations Cup mate! Tough group but you will do fine :thup:

Thanks for the encouragement! :thup:

45 minutes ago, coady said:

I have a feeling you may end up regretting leaving Mallorca. I hope I'm wrong & you can win the World Cup though!

I'm already regretting it a bit to be honest, especially given that they're already on their second manager since my departure, battling against relegation, completely misusing the youngsters and replacing them with ***** 30-year-olds! FM never changes...

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - March 2029 - Spain

Friendlies

YwXFUrz.png

We just can't win, nothing I try works. I'm starting to worry this could really be related to reputation. If that's the case, however, why did the FA offer me the job in the first place?

8 hours ago, Rikulec said:

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - March 2029 - Spain

Friendlies

YwXFUrz.png

We just can't win, nothing I try works. I'm starting to worry this could really be related to reputation. If that's the case, however, why did the FA offer me the job in the first place?

Cause you were a young, well preforming Spanish Manager? Try playing to the teams strengths (I assume a more technical style) and see if that helps. If your doing that already then I’m sorry you’re screwed

3 hours ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

Cause you were a young, well preforming Spanish Manager? Try playing to the teams strengths (I assume a more technical style) and see if that helps. If your doing that already then I’m sorry you’re screwed

That would mean I'm screwed. :lol:

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Group Stage - FIFA Confederations Cup 2029 - Spain

l7WvJW1.png

ESonL9O.png

We won the group! As a last resort I decided to go with a boring anti-football, counter attacking approach and it seems to be doing its job. The only goal we conceded was from a set piece.

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Semi-Final - FIFA Confederations Cup 2029 - Spain

CpKnO8v.png

Argh! We blew two great chances to grab the lead within 90 minutes and eventually fell to an extra time defeat after a 25-yard free kick. The good thing however is that this game was another sign that I might have found something that works... sort of.

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Third Place Play-Off - FIFA Confederations Cup 2029 - Spain

fjHmAmK.png

We faced off with Argentina again and this time we beat them thanks to a classic counter attack. I guess this is how I'm going to approach the World Cup. It's not going to be pretty but it shows the most promise.

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Group Stage - FIFA World Cup 2030 - Spain

VpssuDW.png

ASygPXj.png

Any other outcome would have been a disaster really.

gS8VtDR.png

Here's the tree. The team Jamaica are facing is Germany. I'd say the quality is so evenly spread that it's really difficult to make any predictions. We're going to be at our absolute best in every game from now on. Here's where **** gets real.

GgxuXBR.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Second Round - FIFA World Cup 2030 - Spain

8RMc60W.png

Our only goal came from a free kick and a terrible mistake from the Uruguayan defence. It feels satisfying... in a perverse and twisted way. :D

4WUC22W.png

A bit surprised to see Russia beat Belgium. Apart from that, no real surprises.

2 minutes ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

This is why you resign in shame :brock:. But on a serious note should be able to get a solid mid table La Liga job after that

It definitely was too much and too early for me. My next job will most likely bring me back down to earth. Whether it will be in Spain remains to be seen.

Just now, Rikulec said:

It definitely was too much and too early for me. My next job will most likely bring me back down to earth. Whether it will be in Spain remains to be seen.

Now a normal person would say lesson learned and not think in terms of ‘If Allegri gets sacked I’m one of the favourites for the Arsenal job’ but 4 seasons ago I was a nobody managing Blyth in the National League North. Either way good luck on the next job

2 minutes ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

Now a normal person would say lesson learned and not think in terms of ‘If Allegri gets sacked I’m one of the favourites for the Arsenal job’ but 4 seasons ago I was a nobody managing Blyth in the National League North. Either way good luck on the next job

Getting the Spain job two and a half years after leaving Andorra wasn't something I'd call normal. :lol:

IGERBen.png

Half a year after the spectacular World Cup failure I've been given an opportunity to participate in one of the most controversial projects in football.

Where do I sign?

IxRdO2l.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - New Club - Red Bull Salzburg

X71RYJ8.png

It's the first time we've left the Iberian Peninsula. Let's see what comes out of it.

Club Name: Fussballclub Red Bull Salzburg
Nickname: Bullen
Year Founded: 2005
Stadium: EM Stadion Wals-Siezenheim (31,895 all-seater)

FqyoULX.png

Unsurprisingly the facilities are wonderful and the club has dominated Austrian football for a couple of decades now. No pressure!

OPhf2XQ.png

I've joined in the middle of the winter break. We sit 2nd in the league, eight points behind Rapid Vienna with a game in hand. After 22 games the league splits in half and the points are halved as well before the final 10 games, so everything is still there to play for.

10 hours ago, Dazbo said:

Such an excellent read, congrats and kutgw

Thanks a lot. :thup:

Also, apologies to everyone for the lack of updates recently. I simply have very little time for FM, this should change in a week or so. I definitely won't be able to throw anything in until Sunday for now though, so sorry for that.

On 16/01/2019 at 04:44, Rikulec said:

2iPPN4Z.png

Confirmation of the inevitable.

That sucks.:( I hope that you will have a good turn to manage another nation to manage. By the way, who's managing Spain right now and what happened in the World Cup thereafter?

But on the other hand, good thing that you go to Austria, an European nation with many mountains in the middle of the continent. I hope that you will be more perfect than in Spain. Good luck!:)

2 hours ago, sherwinriga said:

That sucks.:( I hope that you will have a good turn to manage another nation to manage. By the way, who's managing Spain right now and what happened in the World Cup thereafter?

But on the other hand, good thing that you go to Austria, an European nation with many mountains in the middle of the continent. I hope that you will be more perfect than in Spain. Good luck!:)

Unai Emery left Bayern to join Spain. Germany won the World Cup, beating England 4:0 in the final.

And thanks for the encouragement. :thup:

54 minutes ago, coady said:

This should be really interesting, I wonder how strong the link between the Red Bull franchise clubs is in game!

At the moment we have one player from Leipzig on loan, nothing more than that.

I may be able to squeeze some FM in tonight, hopefully there should be an update either today or tomorrow around midday.

IxRdO2l.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - January 2031 - Red Bull Salzburg

Friendlies

i0MQ8XW.png

For some reason we toured Ireland.

Transfers

Ingo Deutschl - a free transfer negotiated by my predecessor.

In other news, I didn't really have much room for transfers - we have plenty of aging players and we're £150K p/w over our wage budget! You know what that means though - I'm really looking forward to the summer transfer window. :cool:

20 minutes ago, ss03 said:

Just caught up on this - what a journey, so many ups and downs!

Such a good read.. it's threads like this which really showcase what FM is all about. Keep it up!

These are very kind words, I'm delighted to see you're enjoying it so much. :thup:

IxRdO2l.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - February 2031 - Red Bull Salzburg

Friendlies

uo3PiQr.png

Two lower league opponents were easily dealt with.

tipico-Bundesliga

eqIGvlN.png

3qwv8dK.png

So far, so good. We're about to hit a mad patch of fixtures with 5 games in 10 days though, things could get interesting.

ÖFB-Cup

pzSDO4n.png

And another easy victory.

IxRdO2l.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - March 2031 - Red Bull Salzburg

tipico-Bundesliga

t9taKqM.png

e3Aw9lw.png

A really patchy month. With nine games to go we sit in 2nd, albeit both Vienna clubs seem to have that consistency we're so badly craving. Honestly I'm not sure if we're ready to mount a title challenge, even if failure to do so could get me in trouble.

Youth Intake

utkvA1k.png

Some really interesting prospects in there. I like it!

Alessandro Vallarsa

Pascal Wittke

Sebastian Amort

11 hours ago, markyosullivan said:

Finally got caught up, fantastic write up. Curious if you could add a summary of what's happened to all your previous employers since you've left?

Thanks! And sure, the summary is a good idea. I'll do it after the end of the season. :thup:

Bad news guys, I'm afraid I've fallen out of love with the save after moving to Austria. Something simply didn't click and now I'm simply not enjoying it. I'm not ruling out coming back at some point but for now the thread is suspended. Sorry!

Archived