[FM19][MOD] How To Add A Manager Picture

michaeltmurrayuk

2019_mod.thumb.png.b7bc54e561704725a5755cc305023209.png

Football Manager 2019 - How To Add a Manager Picture

Like with the last few versions Football Manager 2019 no longer allows you to add a picture to your manager instead encouraging you to use the Facegen system. However last years mod still works so at the moment you can add a manager picture with a bit of work though it may be disabled again in a patch and still has the same limitations as last year.

Thanks to some work from Cyrius50 at www.manager-online.fr it is now possible to add a Manager Picture when adding your Manager to the game, however it isn't possible to apply the picture to existing profiles nor to change the image so make sure you are happy with it before applying it.

When you have installed the mod on the Add Manager panel select either Edit Profile or New Profile, then on the Profile screen you should see a new option above the Social Networks as in the below picture:

fm19managerpic1.thumb.png.d78bafe1174ededb62c2f1bc0f3ad8f1.png

Clicking on 'Choose Picture' should take you to the file select popup, from here browse to the location on your hard drive where your image is selected and select the image, in the below example I have selected an image of the FM19 logo imposed on a red version of the default face.

fm19managerpic2.thumb.png.04d29700135df0b69af9965396d9f635.png

Once that is done fill in the rest of your profile as normal and continue through the profile settings and once you are into the game your image should now be showing:

fm19managerpic3.png.46a724ccf1f2497c607bd75007603bde.png

Again this method has it's limitations:

- You cannot assign a picture to an existing manager, if you want an existing manager to have a picture you would need to retire that manager and create a new one to take over but you won't be able to keep any of your in-game progress.

- It isn't possible to change the image after the profile has been created so make sure you are happy with the image before you get too far into your game. Whilst you can now edit your manager in game this feature doesn't allow you to change the profile picture nor will editing the face here override the set picture.

- Also be aware this feature is unsupported and might be removed in a patch, also I have only tested to see if the image will appear I have no idea if it will cause any issues further into the game, so it is used at your own risk.

Installation Instructions

- After extracting the zip file you should have a panels folder and a readme.

- If you are using the default skins then you can just place the panels folder directly into your User Data Location which by default will be:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\

If done right the contents of your panels\human folder which is located in the above location should look like this:

fm19managerpic4.thumb.png.5bb04b43ae9588b79f43b354ae416bdd.png

- If you are using a custom skin then it is best placed inside the folder for the skin you are using, which by default should be:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\skins\<skin_name>\

Where <skin_name> is the name of the folder for the skin you are using.

If it wants to overwrite any files then you are best checking the manual instructions in the below post / linked pages below as it means the skin you are using has already customized the file used so you'll need to modify the file yourself.

- Next load up the game and if the skin cache is on turn it off and reload your skin, then follow the above steps to add your picture. (Once you have confirmed the Add Picture box has appeared you can turn the skin cache back on).

Also note that I haven't had chance to test it on the Touch Mode, however the coding doesn't really look much different so this file should work with Touch Mode, however with that you will need to install it within the files for a custom skin.

FM19 Manager Picture Mod Download Page

---
Redistribution Terms
You are free to post this content to your website provided:
1. It is not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

2019_guide.thumb.png.5ab1a5995527c9c29abc580f117cb3bc.png
How To Create the Manager Picture Mod

These instructions are only really needed if you want to know the code used to create the mod or are using a custom skin that has a modified version of this panel, if you just want to use the mod the you'll want to refer to the opening post in the thread.

To create the mod for Football Manager 2019 you will need to extract the add manager profile panel xml file from the panels\human folder found inside the panels fmf file. If the skin you are using already has a copy of this file then it is best to use that one instead.

If you have extracted the add manager profile panel file you will need to copy it into the panels\human folder for the skin you are using. (If you are using the default skins you can just place it in the panels\human folder directly in your User Data Location instead of inside a skin) and if the folders don't exist just create them.

Now there are a few changes we need to make to that file, so open the file and locate the following section of text (Line #25):

<layout class="grid_layout_attachment" row_layout="20,30,24,20,30,24,20,30,24,1,22,30,160" mode="auto" vertical_gap="5" vertical_offset_start="35" vertical_offset_end="0">

That line tells the game how many rows to to display on the Add Manager Screen, so what we need to do is add a couple of extra rows for the Manager Picture items to fit in.

It doesn't really matter where you add the extra rows it will just affect where you have to add the later code and where the picture box will appear in game.

For example we are going to add the Manager Picture just above the Social Media boxes and in the above code the 1 value denotes a spacer, the 22 and 30 are for the Social Media rows and 160 is for the Experience box at the bottom.

And as the Social Media buttons are a good size we'll just copy their row sizes so the code now looks like this:

<layout class="grid_layout_attachment" row_layout="20,30,24,20,30,24,20,30,24,1,22,30,22,30,160" mode="auto" vertical_gap="5" vertical_offset_start="35" vertical_offset_end="0">

If you want different row heights then you can just input different numbers.

Now if you scroll down a bit you'll notice a load of code that looks like this:

<record>
    <string id="column_layout" value="-1" />
    <integer id="horizontal_offset" value="10" />
    <integer id="horizontal_gap" value="0" />
</record>
<record>
    <string id="column_layout" value="-1,-1" />
    <integer id="horizontal_gap" value="5" />
</record>
<record>
</record>
</list>
</layout>

This code tells the game how to layout the columns in each row, so again we need to add some code to position the Manager Picture code and again where you add the code will depend on where you want the Manager Picture option to appear, in this example we placed the code above the Social Media boxes so we need to add the new code above that.

When you scroll through the code each record corresponds to each row so just count them off to you get to the right place, in this case we want to enter the new code above the last three entries (shown above) which correspond to the Social Media buttons, header text and the Experience box and we need to add in two rows one for the header and another for the picture box and as the Social Media records already contain the code we need we can just copy them so that section should now look something like:

<record>
</record>
<record>
</record>
<record>
</record>
<record>
</record>
<record>
</record>
</list>
</layout>

On the above lines the string line tells the game how many columns you want on the row - you'll notice the top record only has one as we only have the header text, whilst the second record has two because we have two items to add to that row. The integer lines control the layout of the items but for the most part you shouldn't need to adjust them.

Now we have set up the table next we need to add the actual code to call the Manager Picture, if you scroll down you'll see the code that is used to display the various items and we now need to insert our Manager Picture code in here and where you put it depends on where you added the above code, in this case we are adding it above the Social Media stuff so scroll down until you need this section of code:

<widget class="spacer" />

<!--  encapsulate social media widgets to aid code driven removal whilst keeping layout intact -->

The widget is just the space (the 1 row) and the comment is the start of the Social Media code, so we want to add our code inbetween this two bits of code.

So just paste the following code into the gap between the above lines:

<!-- Manager Picture -->
        <container> <!-- Title -->
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
            <widget class="label"  alignment="left, centre_y" style="semi_bold">
            <translation id="text" translation_id="292605" type="use" value="Manager Picture[COMMENT: add_manager_panel; select manager picture]" />
            </widget>
        </container>

<container> <!-- Button -->
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
            <widget class="icon_button" id="slpc" alignment="left, centre_y" icon="icons/actions/select picture" fixed="true"  auto_size="vertical">
            <translation id="text" translation_id="361086" type="use" value="Choose Picture[COMMENT: Minor wording change, meaing the same, us etop 10 matches; Add Manager Wizard - Button that lets the manager select a picture of himself for his ingame manager profile]" />
            <event id="click_event" event_id="sepi" event_target="sepi" />
            </widget>
        </container>

<container> <!-- Text -->
            <widget class="text"  alignment="left,centre_y" size="7" multiline="true">
            <translation id="text" translation_id="292607" type="use" value="Select a picture to be used on your profile[COMMENT: add manager panel, option asking the user to select a picture for their profile]" />
            </widget>
        </container>
<!-- End Manager Picture -->

In that code the first container just contains the header text, the second is the important bit with the actual button, whilst the last one is just some explanation text. If you want you can play around with the alignments and font settings to suit your needs.

---
Redistribution Terms
You are free to post this content to your website provided:
1. It is not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

15 hours ago, 4Zakuro said:

Great job Michael, And for Touch 2019???

I don't use Touch Mode so haven't been able to test it, but the coding doesn't look much different so it should still work, you'd just need to install it within a custom skin or use the base skins. If that doesn't work you'd need to create it yourself using the manual instructions in the second post as a guide.

9 horas atrás, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

I don't use Touch Mode so haven't been able to test it, but the coding doesn't look much different so it should still work, you'd just need to install it within a custom skin or use the base skins. If that doesn't work you'd need to create it yourself using the manual instructions in the second post as a guide.

thanks bro, it worked here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, have they done something to the game to stop this working? I have had it working fine in the past but now I just cannot get the Add manager box to appear, I've installed directly to the correct folder and cleared cache, re-loaded the skin but nothing  happens?

• 1 month later...

I managed to get it installed and sorted, but I actually don't like. And I cannot figure out how to remove it. Ive uninstalled the game, ive deleted all the folders. Re-installed, and its still got that applied and even remembers all my settings. I don't understand.

• 2 months later...

How To Change Your Manager Picture Without Starting A New Game

Just did a bit of D.I.Y and had a bit of a breakthrough. In order to change your picture without having to start a new save, do the following:

1. Start a new career and select the new picture you would like to use in your existing save.
  2. Save the new game and exit.
  3. Download the 'Football Manager 2019 Resource Archiver'
  4. Change the extension of your NEW save AND your EXISTING save in C:\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\games from .fm to .fmf
  5. Run the 'Football Manager 2019 Resource Archiver' tool
  6. Select 'Extract Archive'
  7. Select your EXISTING save and extract it to a folder called 'Existing' (or whatever helps you keep track).
  8. Select 'Extract Archive' again
  9. Select your NEW save and extract it to a folder called 'New' (or whatever helps you keep track).
  10. Close the 'Football Manager 2019 Resource Archiver' tool
  11. Open up the location where you extracted your NEW save. Inside will be a folder with the title of your saved game. You will see a file with a name similar to this 'human_portrait_1915404706.dat' (This is your NEW picture).
  12. Open up the location where you extracted your EXISTING save. Inside will be a folder with the title of your saved game. Again, you will see a file with a name similar to this 'human_portrait_1915404706.dat' (This is your OLD picture).
  13. Change the file name of the NEW 'human_portrait' file, to the name of the EXISTING 'human_portrait' file and overwrite it by placing it in the EXISTING directory folder.
  14. Open the 'Football Manager 2019 Resource Archiver'
  15. Select 'Create Archive'
  16. Select the folder within the EXISTING archive which has the name of your saved game.
  17. Save the archive to your saved game folder located at C:\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\games
  18. Change the extension of the new archive back to .fm
  19. Load your saved game and you should see that you have an updated picture.

Additionally, removing the 'human_portrait' file entirely brings back your 3D Avatar. This hack also allows you to add pictures to saved games created before installing the Manager Picture Mod. Simply ensure the ID number of the 'human_portrait' file matches your managers ID.

You may notice initially that your new saved game file is considerably larger. However, upon loading and saving the game, the size of the file will return to normal.

Let me know how you all get on. Have a good one!

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, MRDANOKE said:

How To Change Your Manager Picture Without Starting A New Game

Just did a bit of D.I.Y and had a bit of a breakthrough. In order to change your picture without having to start a new save, do the following:

1. Start a new career and select the new picture you would like to use in your existing save.
  2. Save the new game and exit.
  3. Download the 'Football Manager 2019 Resource Archiver'
  4. Change the extension of your NEW save AND your EXISTING save in C:\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\games from .fm to .fmf
  5. Run the 'Football Manager 2019 Resource Archiver' tool
  6. Select 'Extract Archive'
  7. Select your EXISTING save and extract it to a folder called 'Existing' (or whatever helps you keep track).
  8. Select 'Extract Archive' again
  9. Select your NEW save and extract it to a folder called 'New' (or whatever helps you keep track).
  10. Close the 'Football Manager 2019 Resource Archiver' tool
  11. Open up the location where you extracted your NEW save. Inside will be a folder with the title of your saved game. You will see a file with a name similar to this 'human_portrait_1915404706.dat' (This is your NEW picture).
  12. Open up the location where you extracted your EXISTING save. Inside will be a folder with the title of your saved game. Again, you will see a file with a name similar to this 'human_portrait_1915404706.dat' (This is your OLD picture).
  13. Change the file name of the NEW 'human_portrait' file, to the name of the EXISTING 'human_portrait' file and overwrite it by placing it in the EXISTING directory folder.
  14. Open the 'Football Manager 2019 Resource Archiver'
  15. Select 'Create Archive'
  16. Select the folder within the EXISTING archive which has the name of your saved game.
  17. Save the archive to your saved game folder located at C:\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\games
  18. Change the extension of the new archive back to .fm
  19. Load your saved game and you should see that you have an updated picture.

Additionally, removing the 'human_portrait' file entirely brings back your 3D Avatar. This hack also allows you to add pictures to saved games created before installing the Manager Picture Mod. Simply ensure the ID number of the 'human_portrait' file matches your managers ID.

You may notice initially that your new saved game file is considerably larger. However, upon loading and saving the game, the size of the file will return to normal.

Let me know how you all get on. Have a good one!

Brilliant!

I just used this method to add a manager picture from my friend to the game (we play an online game together).

Great way to get this to work, thanks for sharing! 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, wkdsoul said:

Its in preferences, they put it back in manually. 

Thanks for your answer, but I'm not quite familiar with preference settings. Can you explain more in detail what I have to do? Because when I start the game I have to create a manager but at that time I am not able to choose a picture yet?

2 minutes ago, FrenkieSantos said:

Thanks for your answer, but I'm not quite familiar with preference settings. Can you explain more in detail what I have to do? Because when I start the game I have to create a manager but at that time I am not able to choose a picture yet?

Preferences->Advanced->General.

bottom box - change profile picture.

• 1 month later...