Should Ozil and Gundogan be dropped from German World Cup squad?

30 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

TL;DR?

Btw, there's no way he wrote that amount of text by himself.

One of the most overrated players of this generation. At least until everyone realized he's overrated.

How could you possibly know he didn't write that by himself? Where's your evidence for it? 

if he did write it by himself, he's a much better writer than the ghostwriter of his autobiography...

He probably does have a point that he's being singled out for being Turkish as much as for electorally intervening in favour of a pretty horrible president though. Characteristically lacking as his key World Cup moments were, there were many players in Die Mannschaft who were more conspicuously awful than Ozil

37 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Does absolutely everything infuriate you?

I haven't seen something that doesn't tbf. 

And Ozil is right though. You never saw podolski characterised as Polish German in such a derogatory way. And they were never attacked by the afd in such a manner. And we shouldn't pretend that this kind of thing didn't happen to Ozil before those whole Erdogan debacle. He's always been an easy target. 

2 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Were Asamoah, Kurany, Boateng, Rudiger, Khedira ever insulted? I don't recall such incidents.

You can't bring AFD into this, they're basically nazis and insult everyone and everything that isn't pure.

Both Boateng and Rudiger have been. I mean the head of the official DFB supporters club did a blackface of boateng, and did an extremely derogatory take on him. 

And if by Asamoah, you mean Gerald, then oh my God yes. 

A worrying trend of footballers retiring this World Cup due to crazy abuse and threats by basic individuals and stereotypical football fans.

Not a patch on a 23-year-old future potential star retiring, but still part of the trend.

Uncle Uli can **** off.

I’ll have to reserve judgement on what has been said & written about Mesut as I’ve not given any time to look for it but as soon as Germany were eliminated I fully expect him & Khedira to bear the brunt of any blame from a section of German ex-players & fans just because they are of immigrant heritage.

A bit of an extended statement.

“For me Mesut Özil has been a poor excuse of a footballer for years...”

“...Should ask himself when was the last time he won a tackle.”

“...His 35 million follower boys that don’t really exist in the real world”

Bayern President Uli Hoeneß’s response to Mesut Özil’s statement.

“He has played **** for years.”

“Every time we played against Arsenal we’d always go through him because we knew he is a weak point.” [BILD]

“Last time he won a tackle was before the 2014 World Cup.”

Bayern President Uli Hoeness with more on Mesut Özil and his statement.

Archived