Rising stars in Portugal - Lusitano FC

MarcxD

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Intake 2027

7OBvtzP.png

I guess foreign players just won't be happening at this club, sadly. Other than that a good enough intake again, with 5 players to watch out for.

K3cmODp.png

Looks pretty decent, lots of work to be done of course, but happy with a right back.

y9GjWEq.png

An AML, will also need a lot of improvement to get near the first team.

q7Mku6k.png

Another striker, for now just good physicals.

yMq7b9o.png

Needs work to fix his personality.

March 2027

LtD6Z4F.png

Poor with two losses including against Porto but thanks to away goals we did beat Man Utd in the CL!

02RHtBo.png

Next up - Juventus again. Porto beat Monaco so they're also in the QF's.

clADQW7.png

Still in first - since Porto dropped some points. One point lead...

April 2027

pfzqQMS.png

Back to fantastic form! Perfect in the league and we beat Juventus, so we're through to the semi-finals of the Champions League. Wow!

wH8ftZf.png

Up next is Bayern, who beat Porto in the semi-finals. The other semi-finalists are the huge spenders.

lwkfplC.png

A lead of 3 points, with 4 more games to go. Each year an exciting end to the season... 

952Y2Sx.png

I got myself a manager of the month award, that had been a while.

May 2027

4Yn0Y68.png

I really thought it was over after we lost to Tondela in the league and conceded another 5 goals against Bayern... well it was over in the CL. But Porto screwed up as well! So...

IU0QSNC.png

jDwQZCx.png

We defended our title!

HnHRXsT.png

YqDSqBN.png

A player and manager of the month award to finish off the season.

wqtc9x7.png

The u19's also won their 3rd title in 4 years.

19 hours ago, john1 said:

Fantastic season :applause: 

After reading this, I got massive urge to manage in Portugal  :D  

Cool, why not do it ;) 

19 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Great work retaining the title :applause:

15 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Another great season and another step forward in Europe. I can feel success in Europe coming soon.

2 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Great work mate... :applause:Guimaraes made overachieve year too... :brock:

Guimaraes has been doing well for a few years now.

Thanks guys!

Season Review 2026-2027

season_review_26_27.png

Very strong season where we held the top spot for most of it. 2026 was almost unbelievably strong, but in the start of 2027 we made some mistakes and we let Porto come back into it. In the end though, I think we are definitely the deserved champions. Not very good in the cups, but a semi-final spot in the CL (where we were duly outclassed) was very pleasing.

11th_european_ranking.png

11th in Europe now!

Best_Eleven_26_27.png

The youth players are taking over, Fonseca replacing club legend Gildo in the first XI for instance. It was another super strong year for Lopes.

equipo_do_ano.png

You can definitely see the dominance we held here, 7 players in the team of the year, all over the pitch.

lopes_jogador_do_ano.png

topscorer.png

Lopes won player of the year and topscorer, he had to miss some matches again because of injuries or he would have a bigger lead on Silva.

x_treinador_do_ano.png

I won the manager of the year award for the third time.

Overall_Best_Eleven.png

Pontes 350 matches - but competition's coming for him from some youth players.

squad_26_27.png

And the squad. 

One more thing to show that the club has grown a lot as have the general ability - a ridiculously high number of call-ups for international tournaments this summer.

cup_of_nations.png

u19_uefa.png

u21_uefa.png

Pre-Season 2027

AyOd6bA.png

Budgets, now expected to finish in the top 3 for the first time.

UV3ZRzV.png

Still predicted to finish in 6th... but with much better odds.

k3CAea0.png

Much more TV money now, I'm guessing because of our title winning ways.

p3cb85K.png

This is not new, these are upgrades that were approved years ago! But they were just lingering around... and only now are they happening. Perhaps because of the new stadium and all.

WUr3R2B.png

Talking about our stadium... the expansion is going to be bigger and more expensive... and we will play for a bit in a different stadium.

vyINXLE.png

The big transfer of course is Mendy to Real Madrid. He was our best player, so I did not want to sell him at all and we did not need the money. He was just bothering me so much about leaving and being unhappy that in the end I decided to sell him, it's a good number for a player who I'd bought for 1M two seasons ago. I replaced him with Brito.

UpgQGLJ.png

o1PwArW.png

In a way perhaps the best pre-season ever since we didn't concede any goals and played some pretty decent opposition. Also won the supercup again!

fYEaWRv.png

Good stuff.

I was interested to see how I would compare with my other saves but I can't access the Andorran nationality hall of fame since it crashes.

K6fDOR4.png

In the Champions League a relatively kind draw it seems like, we should be able to finish second.

August 2027

N7yDzbR.png

Perfect start!

IYiZNcr.png

Porto joins us at the top of the table.

mmWlbMt.png

Not all was good news though, as my first-choice AMR is injured for the first half of the season at least. A chance for a youth player to impress at least.

September 2027

t5WC097.png

A hard month, and it didn't quite go our way. Lost against Man Utd and Porto and couldn't beat Braga, which all can happen, but I hoped for more obviously.

icCLGSg.png

So Porto are now 5 points ahead, and Braga is close - Guimaraes can even equal our point total with their game in hand.

November 2027

3IFN7Pe.png

A really strong month - especially for Lopes! Was slightly disappointed with the draw against Partizan but if we then go on to beat Man Utd...

CmOYa5w.png

Porto still perfect, Guimaraes also going strong.

December 2027

tWaMatQ.png

Another really strong month although we did drop some points again - we finished the CL group with a win though and going well in the cups.

nanafO1.png

Dropped to third - because Guimaraes are going super strong. Porto did finally drop some points though, so a top 3 is forming.

I checked again if Guimaraes didn't get a tycoon or something. They did not, but I did see something else in their history.

9zPi30C.png

I totally missed that last year. Wow, they have done better than we have so far.

Q0DSwpO.png

Just second in the CL group.

zUgJgJi.png

Milan next, tough like all possible opponents really.

QWoWI1I.png

Young AMC Rui Cristina won his first ever player of the month award.

86FTBqv.png

Lopes now the record holder, and hopefully he can stay at the club for years longer...

NwyiKD1.png

Perhaps the weakest African awards for my players for a long time - only leftback Cumbe as third best defender (and not in the XI).

January 2028

qxBvX9Z.png

It went really well this month but then we suffered a shock defeat against Estoril in the league and also lost in the semi final of the league cup against Guimaraes (who also went on to beat Porto in the final).

NgR3DGs.png

Porto and Guimaraes also dropped points so status quo if you will.

L9TFpbj.png

Those facilities upgrades finally done.

Ky1Is8G.png

LUNcG6f.png

And two more approved.

5L1kBBD.png

I signed one new player, a free prospect from Mozambique.

MQWtSmh.png

And I let go Fernandes, 4th best central defender at this point.

February 2028

7gVhzzh.png

Dropped points at the start of hte month but otherwise a good league month - we beat Porto! We couldn't do the same against Milan though.

XiPlXEZ.png

In third still - this year even more tense title race possibly with the addition of Guimaraes.

2k2pfCS.png

Another player sold as well...

6 minutes ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

You're still well in it thankfully.   Guimaraes  being up there is a shock though, know they've done well last year but even so seeing them up there and Sporting in 6th or something is just weird :D 

Yeah it's weird but cool to see it change up.

Youth Intake 2028

2L2D1Um.png

Not quite as good but still some players to watch out for.

qtyicrZ.png

Will have to see what to do with him, midfielder makes the most sense but he'll have to do some heavy retraining.

w0F5eQr.png

Another midfielder here though, there are a ton of talented midfielders at the club. 

March 2028

646Eg9K.png

A good month regarding the cup and the CL - beat Porto in the first leg and went through in the CL after away goals. But dropped too many points against Braga and Benfica.

yhc7CuN.png

Which results in a 7 point gap between us and Porto now, it's going to be very tough to get that third consecutive title.

WRRtNc5.png

In the CL now we face Dortmund. Interesting.

tD37pTj.png

Lopes won this award for the second time in three years.

KZJxU7O.png

Stadium upgrade is done! We play in our own stadium again.

April 2028

zvRSx40.png

Fantastic month! Did very well everywhere - managed to beat Dortmund in the CL and a fantastic 3-0 home win against Arsenal in the first leg of the semi-final... final of CL here we come? Also beat Porto in the semi-final of the cup, be it on away goals.

RPtrZMc.png

4 points behind Porto now, so in theory it's still possible... also didn't even notice Portugal had entered the top 4 coefficient nations, so now 4 clubs will enter the CL next season.

Mh2eADH.png

And the future is bright as well - the u19s won the youth league for the first time.

May 2028

8HbBFnf.png

We held on against Arsenal so we made it to our first Champions League final! We did all we could in the league with two fantastic wins and managed to win the cup as well, but Atletico were just a little bit too much for us to handle in the CL final.

5p5kENZ.png

It just wasn't enough. 96 goals though, not bad! One point in the end... when Porto lost their first match this month I almost started to believe... Benfica in the end even jumped over Guimaraes but both will go in to CL anyway.

96ffbgY.png

tmSk8s6.png

With the fantastic performances in the two league matches all players of the month are mine and I won manager of the month as well.

7ZUBBwo.png

To close it off the u19s also won their fourth title in 5 years.

Season Review 2027-2028

season_review_27_28.png

We did well enough in the league but just were always behind Porto and even Guimaraes put up a real fight. To be fair, still an absolutely amazing season because of our efforts in the Champions League and we did get another trophy in the Taça de Portugal.

best_eleven_27_28.png

Oh, just another ridiculous season for Lopes! 

best_eleven_overall.png

Pontes still on 352 - because he didn't make the best eleven for this season. He's now the 3rd best AMC.... and one more year on his deal. Will probably let it run out... IDK yet for sure though. Gildo will be leaving this summer after many years of service.

club_legends_etc.png

He is a club legend, and has been for many years. I have recently joined him. Lopes is an icon, remarkably Pontes is still only favoured personnel.

porto_rivals.png

Porto is now officially a rival, not just in my mind :lol:

equipo_do_ano.png

Good representation in the team of the year - more playes than Porto.

treinador_do_ano.png

I won manager of the year another time.

Rainha_jogador_do_ano.png

Rainha won player of the year in the league. Interesting to see that out of the many talented midfielders at the club he's really appearing to be the best.

But the real winner is Lopes. He'll get his own post...

I think it's realistic. I mean in 2017 EPL teams received an average of 38 million pounds each in TV money. So add to the fact that this save is in 2028 and the league is more reputable, I think it's realistic. At least, I'm convincing myself it is

15 hours ago, john1 said:

Superb season :applause: Despite losing in CL Final. :thup: 

Thank you!

11 hours ago, kidthekid said:

I think it's realistic. I mean in 2017 EPL teams received an average of 38 million pounds each in TV money. So add to the fact that this save is in 2028 and the league is more reputable, I think it's realistic. At least, I'm convincing myself it is

Well I'm not really complaining, it doesn't even influence me so much since there's not a lot of transfer business I can do. I just wonder if this is also happening to other clubs in the league.

Pre-Season 2028

PjqyqGH.png

I already had huge increases in the budgets before the TV money, a result of the big sales from the previous season.

da80tdG.png

Expected to finish in third now, and closer to the odds of Porto and Benfica.

Umx2ctc.png

After Euro 2028 I got approached for the England job, always good to see as a sign of reputation but I rejected it.

MZpaPgC.png

I bought two talented players - an Angolan right back and a Kosovan goalkeeper. They won't go into the first team right away (Candeia has been loaned out) but they certainly can in the next or the one after that.

As far as outgoings there have been a couple - Baldé and Encada were getting old so they were sold in their last year of contracts, and on the last day of the transfer period I decided to accept some offers (after a bit of negotiating of course) - for Gonzalez and Nhatuve. Gonzalez has been a midfielder I've been giving quite a lot of time too but he hasn't really ever performed to the level of the rest of the team, plus there are now other young midfielders who have surpassed him. Nhatuve was a bit more of a decision, but for the right-back position there are multiple good youngsters and it was a pretty good offer.

JDTscfz.png

The pre-season went well, with very good friendly wins and no goals conceded but we did lose in the supercup to Porto.

By the way, interestingly, we now have another rival.

TZbuG9o.png

Porto and Benfica. Not bad.

Q0iRymX.png

Finally the CL draw - a lot harder than the last year! Of course it helps if you win the title. The first time we face PSG I think, It will likely be a battle between us and Napoli for second place.

August 2028

7iwQxiw.png

Fantastic, perfect start to the season - no goals conceded and an away win over Benfica. Also all goals were scored by youth players, not sure if that's happened before in a whole month.

uDRBnKL.png

In first of course, but Porto and Guimaraes again have also had perfect starts.

September 2028

september.png

Really another fantastic month - although we couldn't stop PSG. In the league still perfect - and no goals conceded!

september_league_table.png

manager_of_the_month_september.png

Won myself a manager of the month award.

new_contract_september.png

I also signed a new contract.

October 2028

october.png

A shock defeat against Paços Ferreira ended our streak but otherwise a good month including an important away win over Napoli.

october_league_table.png

Still a big lead though, 6 points over Porto.

November 2028

november.png

Napoli got us back though, but a draw against PSG is a good result. Also two wins in the cups - with the one league game, away against Porto being the highlight of the month.

november_league_table.png

So obviously still comfortable in first.

December 2028

december.png

A perfect month, fantastic stuff.

december_league_table.png

Our performance in the league is really ridiculous this season, especially with Porto seeming to have a bit of a terrible season - 11 point lead over them and a game in hand.

CL_group.png

Sadly, though, in the Champions League we were just a bit unlucky and we will have to try our luck in the Europa League.

EL_Draw.png

We will start with Legia. Some very good teams in this competition, so it will not be an easy ride. Man Utd, Real Madrid, Dortmund, Sevilla, Milan, Liverpool etc.

manager_ofht_emonth.png

Another manager of the month award for me.

players_of_the_month.png

Lopes and Rainha among the players of the month.

african_awards_cumbe.png

And finally the African awards - left back Cumbe third best defender while former player Nhatuve is second.

January 2029

january.png

Slight downturn with some draws in the league and we lost to Porto in the semi-final of the league cup.

january_league_table.png

11 points lead on everyone in the league though, and Porto has dropped down to fifth place!! They are still very close to the rest around there of course, but damn. Perhaps selling 260M worth of players this season wasn't the best strategy! 

facilities_done.png

training_facilities.png

youth_facilities.png

Upgrades were done and more were approved. Perhaps the last ones.

transfers.png

I didn't sign anyone and a lot of my players were offered for but I only let back-up GK Malanda go back to Angola.

February 2029

february.png

Not a good start but after a loss we did really well again, pretty much securing a spot in the final of the cup and beating Legia in the Europa League.

february_league_table.png

10 points lead now on Guimaraes and 13 on Porto, with 11 games remaining. 

EL_Draw.png

Espanyol up next in the EL... 

Youth Intake 2029

youth_intake.png

Very strong, a 'golden generation' actually according to my HoYD.

yp12a.png

Not quite there yet.

yp12b.png

Retraining needed but I do like the look of this guy a lot.

yp12c.png

Looks really great to start out with, outside of his personality of course, and the perceived PA is not the best of signs (with this kind of starting ability) but we will see how he develops.

March 2029

march.png

Another very good month... 4 league wins and through in the Europa League.

EL_Draw_QF.png

Liverpool again, it had been a few years...

march_league_table.png

A lead of 16 points now... quite a drastic change with previous seasons how easy it's going this season.

manager_of_the_month.png

I got myself another manager of the month award as well.

25 minutes ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Brilliant start to this season, shame about the CL but it was a tough group to be honest 

Cheers, it has been fantastic. The CL was tough and at least it gives me the chance to win the Europa League.

Archived