How many CA points does a point of weaker foot ability cost?

I've got Thomas Lemar, whose primary position in the game is that of left-winger, and I'm wondering about getting him to develop his weaker foot so that he'll can be more effective as a central attacking midfielder (his right foot is current 8/20)

Anyone know how many current ability points each point of improvement in his weaker foot might cost?

Thanks

There's no fixed answer. People can (and may have a guess) the most accurate way would be to use SI's official ingame editor and look at the RCA change when you change it by 1 point, but that is only ever relevant to Thomas Lemar individually.

There's a couple of factors at play which affect how attributes are weighted, even footedness. 

My general advice is not to worry too much about it, even if a few technical attributes take a hit because of redistributing CA the gap of say 12 -> 14/vice versa is far less than you think it is.

Thanks for the reply

How does recommended current ability work? I've never paid attention to it before. What's its function?

And when you say not to worry too much about it, do you mean not to worry about improving the weaker foot using up too many potential ability points?

Thanks again

1 hour ago, Maleven said:

Thanks for the reply

How does recommended current ability work? I've never paid attention to it before. What's its function?

Thanks again

The RCA is their to make sure when you have changed a players attributes they are in line with the CA set for the player - if the RCA is higher than the players CA then the game will lower the players attributes until the RCA is in line with the CA. If you wanted to keep the higher attributes you would need to raise the players CA so it matched the RCA.

12 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The RCA is their to make sure when you have changed a players attributes they are in line with the CA set for the player - if the RCA is higher than the players CA then the game will lower the players attributes until the RCA is in line with the CA. If you wanted to keep the higher attributes you would need to raise the players CA so it matched the RCA.

Got it, thanks for that.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Bear in mind you can't develop a weaker foot past "Reasonable" so check what Lemar is on to begin with otherwise you're wasting your time.

Yea, his right foot is weak, but on the threshold of reasonable (8/20).

49 minutes ago, herne79 said:

No idea if it's new or not.  It was certainly in for FM17 (confirmed by SI).

Sorry to be a pain herne but that doesn't make a lot of sense :(

I don't know the actual numbers but we know that weak foot is rated between 1 & 20 and we know for the user its described as very weak, weak, reasonable, fairly strong, strong or very strong.  If those tags are spread evenly it means reasonable is between say 7 & 10 approx.

We also know that players can have weak foot of above reasonable so the question is were they "born" like that or did they become that way?

Aside from that blocking the improvement at reasonable seems unfair and a poor choice if its happened for the following reasons:

A) Players can have above reasonable weak foot within the game.

B) Its not right that a player with one for weak foot can improve to say 10 but a player with 9 weak foot can also only improve to 10.

It would be better to limit the improvement to a fixed number above the number they are born with - so a player born with very weak can improve to reasonable, weak to fairly strong, reasonable to strong etc.

1 ora fa, michaeltmurrayuk ha scritto:

Michael thanks for the clarification, but i’m Not sure i’ve Got it. What’s exactly rca? How does it operates vs ca? Is ca=rca as far as there’s no manual adjustment of the attributes? When you adjust the attributes, do they change ca or rca? Thanks

17 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

Michael thanks for the clarification, but i’m Not sure i’ve Got it. What’s exactly rca? How does it operates vs ca? Is ca=rca as far as there’s no manual adjustment of the attributes? When you adjust the attributes, do they change ca or rca? Thanks

It stands for Recommended Current Ability it's only used in the editors to tell you what the CA cost of the the attributes you have set is, if you haven't edited a player then it isn't anything that you need to worry about. If after editing a player the RCA is higher than the set CA you'd need to increase the players CA otherwise the game will lower the attributes until the player is at his CA or adjust the attributes until the RCA=CA depending on what you are wanting. Adjusting the players attributes won't alter his CA that needs to be done manually.

If you need some more information then you'd be best checking the editors forum as they'll have more detailed info and experience of how it works.

3 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Sorry to be a pain herne but that doesn't make a lot of sense :(

I don't know the actual numbers but we know that weak foot is rated between 1 & 20 and we know for the user its described as very weak, weak, reasonable, fairly strong, strong or very strong.  If those tags are spread evenly it means reasonable is between say 7 & 10 approx.

We also know that players can have weak foot of above reasonable so the question is were they "born" like that or did they become that way?

Aside from that blocking the improvement at reasonable seems unfair and a poor choice if its happened for the following reasons:

A) Players can have above reasonable weak foot within the game.

B) Its not right that a player with one for weak foot can improve to say 10 but a player with 9 weak foot can also only improve to 10.

It would be better to limit the improvement to a fixed number above the number they are born with - so a player born with very weak can improve to reasonable, weak to fairly strong, reasonable to strong etc.

Existing players in the database can be above "Reasonable" if they have been defined as such.  Newgens can be above Reasonable if they are born that way.  That's the only way a player can get beyond Reasonable and also why people being concerned about how much CA weaker foot improvement takes up is a bit of a misnomer - because the amount of improvement possible is limited.

I don't know if Reasonable equates to between 7 & 10 (it sounds reasonable though - pun intended) but probably easy enough to check with the IGE.

Of course whether or not there's a better way of handling this is a fair point of discussion and your final sentence certainly sounds reas logical.

24 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I don't know if Reasonable equates to between 7 & 10 (it sounds reasonable though - pun intended) but probably easy enough to check with the IGE.

1-4 = Very Weak

5-8 = Weak

8-11 = Reasonable

12-14 = Fairly Strong

15-17 = Strong*

18-20 = Very Strong*

(* I know 15 counts as strong but I'm not absolutely certain what the threshold for 'very strong' is)

14 ore fa, michaeltmurrayuk ha scritto:

It stands for Recommended Current Ability it's only used in the editors to tell you what the CA cost of the the attributes you have set is, if you haven't edited a player then it isn't anything that you need to worry about. If after editing a player the RCA is higher than the set CA you'd need to increase the players CA otherwise the game will lower the attributes until the player is at his CA or adjust the attributes until the RCA=CA depending on what you are wanting. Adjusting the players attributes won't alter his CA that needs to be done manually.

If you need some more information then you'd be best checking the editors forum as they'll have more detailed info and experience of how it works.

thanks a lot!!!

If a player has stopped developing but his CA has not reached his PA can you ‘spend’ the remaining points improving his weaker foot? What if he has reached his PA? Will it just not work?

Is there any point in this if you can only get his weaker foot to 11?

Also, what age do keepers stop developing?

1 hour ago, Andonisimpsoni said:

If a player has stopped developing but his CA has not reached his PA can you ‘spend’ the remaining points improving his weaker foot? What if he has reached his PA? Will it just not work?

Is there any point in this if you can only get his weaker foot to 11?

Also, what age do keepers stop developing?

That's basically what training does. Age and match experience increase CA; training REDISTRIBUTES CA to the attributes you want. When a player stops increasing CA you can still redistribute points by losing them from some attributes to add to others. In older players what often happens is that as physical attributes decrease, mental ones increase.

Archived