[FM18] UEFA Revival (Featuring the AFC) 1.5

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

No can do. Sorry.

As I've told you before, I tried making the competition with 11 teams qualifying for UEFA Cup/Europa League, and then 3, but it doesn't work. The game can only pick 1 winner from the Intertoto Cup for the competition to recognize a winner each year.

Winners going from UEFA Cup into Champions League is bugged and has been for years unfortunately. I've submitted a file to SI in the hope it can be fixed soon.

As for the dates and fixtures, they are already as accurate as they can be. I'm not sure why you keep asking me to change these. The fixtures are built around the international breaks, and if I cut into them you won't have any players available.

Only idea I have is whether you could add the Intertoto Cup simply as rounds in the UEFA Cup called "Intertoto Cup Final" or whatever?

13 minutes ago, LazgoNNO2000 said:

Okay So Carlito85 You Make European Files Or League Files

Nah, I don't have time for any other projects right now. Depending on what's fixed after the patch in March I might be adding some updates to this project though.

Just now, Spurs08 said:

Only idea I have is whether you could add the Intertoto Cup simply as rounds in the UEFA Cup called "Intertoto Cup Final" or whatever?

Technically I could do that, but it'd mean that there's no recorded history for the competition such as the winner, goal records or awards etc. It'd just be round names.

7 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Nah, I don't have time for any other projects right now. Depending on what's fixed after the patch in March I might be adding some updates to this project though.

Technically I could do that, but it'd mean that there's no recorded history for the competition such as the winner, goal records or awards etc. It'd just be round names.

In fairness that's pretty much all the Intertoto Cup was, anyway. I don't think anybody was exactly boasting that they were the top scorer, and with the trophy being awarded at an indefinite point when it was known who'd gone furthest in the UEFA Cup and possibly shared between teams it was farcical anyway. There was after all the famous time when Glenn Roeder hadn't even realised that he'd won the Intertoto Cup, Newcastle's first "major trophy" in decades, until somebody else told him! :D

1 minute ago, Spurs08 said:

In fairness that's pretty much all the Intertoto Cup was, anyway. I don't think anybody was exactly boasting that they were the top scorer, and with the trophy being awarded at an indefinite point when it was known who'd gone furthest in the UEFA Cup and possibly shared between teams it was farcical anyway. There was after all the famous time when Glenn Roeder hadn't even realised that he'd won the Intertoto Cup, Newcastle's first "major trophy" in decades, until somebody else told him! :D

Lol I remember all too well. Cue the open-top bus parade around the stadium :D

I like it being recognized as its own competition though, and the one winner format really grew on me once I put it in place. You get some really interesting matches more often than not in the final. The awards were just bonus features I threw in to spice it up along with payouts. I don't think the top scorers etc were ever boasted, though the history is online.

Lol I remember all too well. Cue the open-top bus parade around the stadium :D

I like it being recognized as its own competition though, and the one winner format really grew on me once I put it in place. You get some really interesting matches more often than not in the final. The awards were just bonus features I threw in to spice it up along with payouts. I don't think the top scorers etc were ever boasted, though the history is online.

Hah, hadn't even noticed you were a Newcastle fan till you said that :D

That all makes sense. I almost like the idea of bringing it back in real life just so we could watch the Premier League managers fume at it!!! 

4 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Hah, hadn't even noticed you were a Newcastle fan till you said that :D

That all makes sense. I almost like the idea of bringing it back in real life just so we could watch the Premier League managers fume at it!!! 

At this point we'll take whatever we can get lol.

In the 2001-02 season we went out in the final to Troyes on away goals, but I think it did a lot for us going into the season proper in terms of fitness. I always liked the idea of the competition and I'd love to see it brought back with some kind of incentive for teams to give it a go.

9 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

@Carlito85 have you had any issues with your file/s since the last DB update

I am running my own file and getting crashes whilst loading game since the update 

hope you are not getting issues

I actually noticed one particular issue when I tried starting a new game where it has randomly started crashing at June 19th 2017, even though I never made any changes to my files. This started happening once the hotfix was recently released. I've submitted a game save to SI to look into. Kind of why I haven't played much of the game lately as I've wanted to start a fresh save.

2 hours ago, Florian von Saltes said:

Great work @Carlito85!

Thanks Florian. Much appreciated :)

@Carlito85 have you had any issues with your file/s since the last DB update

I am running my own file and getting crashes whilst loading game since the update 

hope you are not getting issues

This is because real release date is march - not october. As we said many times in past - we all are just beta testers from october to march.

5 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

I actually noticed one particular issue when I tried starting a new game where it has randomly started crashing at June 19th 2017, even though I never made any changes to my files. This started happening once the hotfix was recently released. I've submitted a game save to SI to look into. Kind of why I haven't played much of the game lately as I've wanted to start a fresh save.

Thanks Florian. Much appreciated :)

me too mate reported a bug that made playing game pointless(players like neymar not being registered by AI ) just waiting as usual for March update and now created files are crashing  seems to be groundhog day every year:seagull:

@Carlito85 sorry mate but your file is subject to the same bug I have been pointing out to SI for several years its a game breaker makes playing pointless in that teams not only dont fill registered squads but also they leave out players like Neymar/Messi who ae not injured /banned etc

c956238b7ca7588e883727e8d701607b.png

aguero/fernandinho not registered 13 empty places

@Carlito85 sorry mate but your file is subject to the same bug I have been pointing out to SI for several years its a game breaker makes playing pointless in that teams not only dont fill registered squads but also they leave out players like Neymar/Messi who ae not injured /banned etc

Sorry, but how complicated could this possibly be to at least improve if not entirely fix? The simplest algorithm ever just saying "never leave an empty spot, pick the players with the biggest values" would be far better than what we have. I know the decision process will be far more complex but if it clearly isn't working, go back to basics while it's fixed!

Can't believe you got the same automated response twice in that thread mate lol.

It's a totally messed up bug. After having worked with you on fixing the registration issues at the back end of FM2017, the same problem cropped up again for 2018. With my files it's at a point where you don't have to register anyone, and whatever squad you pick per match it will accept. I'm not sure if that results in the AI picking their best teams or not though, I'll have to jump into my save and check.

2 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Can't believe you got the same automated response twice in that thread mate lol.

It's a totally messed up bug. After having worked with you on fixing the registration issues at the back end of FM2017, the same problem cropped up again for 2018. With my files it's at a point where you don't have to register anyone, and whatever squad you pick per match it will accept. I'm not sure if that results in the AI picking their best teams or not though, I'll have to jump into my save and check.

Yes same auto response and this has been known for a few years they don't care

I am going to remove all squad submission rules and see what happens

10 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

Yes same auto response and this has been known for a few years they don't care

I am going to remove all squad submission rules and see what happens

It should end up doing the same thing as mine. It'll basically register your players on a match to match basis rather than window to window. It's actually less of a hassle from my experience so far.

2 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

It should end up doing the same thing as mine. It'll basically register your players on a match to match basis rather than window to window. It's actually less of a hassle from my experience so far.

I have removed all fixture rules and therefore it seems to be an open squad and teams are using their better players now:rolleyes:

just for your info with your UEFA Revival - UEFA Cup & Champions League (1 Group Stage) - Custom CWC file  noticed that it has the issue I sometimes randomly get in that in Uefa Super cup  the last winner of Europa league league is wrong it will either go back to the winner 2 years ago or pull a random team from the league of the club that should be there(i found it was the set up dates that helped solve this but yours look fine??)

5 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

I have removed all fixture rules and therefore it seems to be an open squad and teams are using their better players now:rolleyes:

just for your info with your UEFA Revival - UEFA Cup & Champions League (1 Group Stage) - Custom CWC file  noticed that it has the issue I sometimes randomly get in that in Uefa Super cup  the last winner of Europa league league is wrong it will either go back to the winner 2 years ago or pull a random team from the league of the club that should be there(i found it was the set up dates that helped solve this but yours look fine??)

Thanks for the heads up bud. Gonna take a look at this in a few.

2 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

@Carlito85  think I found the issue

you need to add the get registered teams for comp and year:)

running test now will update you

686e33b2af1ff964e32d58e9cdd9886f.png

Nice one, I'll get that updated now. Gonna run a test of the other files as well to make sure it's an isolated incident.

found its still pulling the winner from 2016 ie sevilla 

thought you hadnt updated the winners....but you have, so got me scratching my head now

as the issue with my file was adding get registered teams for comp and year cured it 

07a20bc05e08622389ca328e6ff22870.png

5614766240bf2d3895123b9ba11974eb.jpg

19 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

found its still pulling the winner from 2016 ie sevilla 

thought you hadnt updated the winners....but you have, so got me scratching my head now

as the issue with my file was adding get registered teams for comp and year cured it 

07a20bc05e08622389ca328e6ff22870.png

5614766240bf2d3895123b9ba11974eb.jpg

Oh wait, do you by any chance have registered teams in your database? If you do, clear the list and it should work. I remember encountering a problem like that a year or two back.

If not that, it may be a problem with the Europa League not having the right setting to update history.

11 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Oh wait, do you by any chance have registered teams in your database? If you do, clear the list and it should work. I remember encountering a problem like that a year or two back.

If not that, it may be a problem with the Europa League not having the right setting to update history.

yep thought of the first point no teams registered for super cup

and I have copied the comp details from my super cup file that was working so update date shouldnt be an issue

think I will take a coffee break :brock:

it is something really minor that is the issue

• 2 weeks later...

hey @Carlito85, one question...

i'm managing club from lower league and in national cup final i've played against the club who won nation top (first) league... as weaker team, i've lost final match ofc haha 

now, that first league team has already qualified for  champions league...

obviously, my team as losing finalist of national cup should play in cup winner cup, right?? 

BUT THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN and some other team from first league played in CWC instead of my team...

so, can this issue be fixed somehow??

16 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

hey @Carlito85, one question...

i'm managing club from lower league and in national cup final i've played against the club who won nation top (first) league... as weaker team, i've lost final match ofc haha 

now, that first league team has already qualified for  champions league...

obviously, my team as losing finalist of national cup should play in cup winner cup, right?? 

BUT THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN and some other team from first league played in CWC instead of my team...

so, can this issue be fixed somehow??

On paper the CWC spot should go to you. All I can think of is that it's considering the top flight only, and therefore the spot may have been given to the team who finished just outside the European places in the league.

I'll have a look into it when I can get a bit of free time, but as far as I know I don't think there's an option to include lower league teams as part of the hand-downs.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, maanz79 said:

Hi @Carlito85.

Why am I entering Intertoto Cup after winning the Champions' League?

Is this a bug?

Screenshot 2018-03-26 22.59.42.png

EDIT: Noticed you finished 1st in the Premier League. That's a strange one.

Which file are you using? Also, are you running anything else with it?

3 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

EDIT: Noticed you finished 1st in the Premier League. That's a strange one.

Which file are you using? Also, are you running anything else with it?

I used the UEFA Revival - Europa League (2 Group Stages) & Cup Winners' Cup and AFC - UEFA Revival Structure files. I also have megapack-leagues files by claassen.

6 hours ago, maanz79 said:

I used the UEFA Revival - Europa League (2 Group Stages) & Cup Winners' Cup and AFC - UEFA Revival Structure files. I also have megapack-leagues files by claassen.

By any chance are you running Northern Ireland as playable? If that nation is activated, the league messes up during the end of season playoffs and it results in no NI teams qualifying for Europe. That could be why you've been lumped into the Intertoto.

10 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

By any chance are you running Northern Ireland as playable? If that nation is activated, the league messes up during the end of season playoffs and it results in no NI teams qualifying for Europe. That could be why you've been lumped into the Intertoto.

No, Northern Ireland is not playable.

1 hour ago, maanz79 said:

No, Northern Ireland is not playable.

Which nations are you using from Claassen's project?  All I can think of is that there must be one in there that is causing some kind of issue.

Can you upload a screenshot of the first round of the Intertoto Cup on your save?

15 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Which nations are you using from Claassen's project?  All I can think of is that there must be one in there that is causing some kind of issue.

Can you upload a screenshot of the first round of the Intertoto Cup on your save?

Here it is..

Screenshot 2018-03-28 18.35.51.png

27 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Netherlands looks to be the nation missing. Are you using anything custom for the Netherlands?

No custom Netherlands league on classen's project. But Netherlands league is playable.

There is one question i would like to ask: Halfway through 2018/19 season save, i have added Norway and Sweden league. Will these have any effect in the game generating for competition places, and if these had made the problem?

4 minutes ago, maanz79 said:

No custom Netherlands league on classen's project. But Netherlands league is playable.

There is one question i would like to ask: Halfway through 2018/19 season save, i have added Norway and Sweden league. Will these have any effect in the game generating for competition places, and if these had made the problem?

Which editor files are you running in your save alongside mine? Having Netherlands, Norway or Sweden playable shouldn't be an issue. My save has every nation in Europe playable (no custom leagues) with the exception of Northern Ireland and it runs without any problems.

I'm not quite sure what would cause a team from the Netherlands to not go into the Intertoto Cup. Did the Eredivisie finish for you in the 2018-19 season?

6 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Which editor files are you running in your save alongside mine? Having Netherlands, Norway or Sweden playable shouldn't be an issue. My save has every nation in Europe playable (no custom leagues) with the exception of Northern Ireland and it runs without any problems.

I'm not quite sure what would cause a team from the Netherlands to not go into the Intertoto Cup. Did the Eredivisie finish for you in the 2018-19 season?

Eredivisie finish in 2018/19.

151 files from classen's project and 7 Susie Real Name Fixes files.

Screenshot 2018-03-28 19.55.35.png

2 minutes ago, maanz79 said:

Eredivisie finish in 2018/19.

151 files from classen's project and 7 Susie Real Name Fixes files.

Screenshot 2018-03-28 19.55.35.png

Are you running Liechtenstein? That could be a potential problem as they're not included in my file.

All I can think of otherwise is that one of the leagues from Claassen's pack could be causing the issue. 151 files is a lot to filter through. Sorry for the inconvenience it's giving you mate. Nothing worse than investing so much time into a save and then finding a bug like that a few years in.

6 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Are you running Liechtenstein? That could be a potential problem as they're not included in my file.

All I can think of otherwise is that one of the leagues from Claassen's pack could be causing the issue. 151 files is a lot to filter through. Sorry for the inconvenience it's giving you mate. Nothing worse than investing so much time into a save and then finding a bug like that a few years in.

Yeah, it's quite frustrating. No Liechtenstein file in classen's.

1 minute ago, maanz79 said:

Yeah, it's quite frustrating. No Liechtenstein file in classen's.

Can you try simming a test save up to the 2019-20 season, without Claassen's leagues activated to see if one of those is the route of the problem? If the same issue pops up then I'll look into it in the editor.

Can you try simming a test save up to the 2019-20 season, without Claassen's leagues activated to see if one of those is the route of the problem? If the same issue pops up then I'll look into it in the editor.

Ok, I'll give a try. Gimme some time, mate..

I've been running into an issue where the AFC Cup does not progress past the Round of 16; am on 18.3.0 and all of the other continental competitions are progressing as normal. 

Tried it without other updates or databases and the problem persists. 

Might you perhaps be aware of this? 

Screenshot_581.png

17 hours ago, uhhhmigraine said:

I've been running into an issue where the AFC Cup does not progress past the Round of 16; am on 18.3.0 and all of the other continental competitions are progressing as normal. 

Tried it without other updates or databases and the problem persists. 

Might you perhaps be aware of this? 

Screenshot_581.png

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 18.3 update altered the fate for some reason, and removed the round name that the winning teams should progress to. I'll have this problem fixed in the next update.

5 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 18.3 update altered the fate for some reason, and removed the round name that the winning teams should progress to. I'll have this problem fixed in the next update.

It did turn out there was something wonky with the fates. I've fixed the issue on my end, thanks a lot for the help! 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, InSp1RaT0R1950 said:

is everything working fine now?

Also is it possible to choose more than 1 of five offered competitions or we can only choose one?

I'm currently testing all of my files for the new update.

Quite a lot needed to be done, but barring a specific issue with 2 of the files everything seems to be running as intended and ready to go. Hoping to get the update posted during the week.

Big update, chaps. Enjoy.

I opted against the CONCACAF/CONMEBOL merger for now in addition to adding a UEFA file with the current qualification system, though I may revisit the possibility of doing these in the future.

Archived