[FM18][SKIN] Football Manager 2018 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, QP said:

@michaeltmurrayuk After 18.2.0 patch I think something happened to "Transfer History" panel, how can I fix this increased "row height" thing?

wQhCpC.png

It's controlled by the 'transfers' xml file found in the panels/generic folder (you'll need to extract the file from the panels.fmf file and copy it into the panels/generic folder for the skin you are using)

In that file locate this bit of code (will be two instances one for in and out):

row_height="37"

And change the value to suit, looks like the pre-patch value was 28, in the same bit of code you might also want to set the auto_size_rows bit from false to true as that has changed as well.

18 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

Am I right in thinking the, previously named, action-bar/tab bar area highlighted in red has become untouchable? (in terms of format, was thinking of adding to it, graphically isn't a problem). I've ran searches of the associated panels, the graphics and the section/button classes and it's all drawing a blank in terms of a 'controlling' panel. It was the client object browser before if I remember correctly but that seems dissociated from the match screen more or less now. 

Screenshot (675).png

It should be controlled by the 'section meta data' xml file found in the \skins\fm\sections\ folder. Though I'm not sure how editable it is.

1) Can the form icons be changed, i can change the graphic they they default the 6px width size as the default.  The team report form widget seems missing in the archive and not working from last year. @michaeltmurrayuk

2) can the new pitch card widget be switched to horizontal on the transfers page? 

On 12/16/2017 at 12:46, wkdsoul said:

1) Can the form icons be changed, i can change the graphic they they default the 6px width size as the default.  The team report form widget seems missing in the archive and not working from last year. @michaeltmurrayuk

2) can the new pitch card widget be switched to horizontal on the transfers page? 

For the first one had a quick look and couldn't find anything to control the width so it's likely hardcoded this year.

For the second one it's likely controlled by the positions id in the person properties xml file in the sections folder, though I don't know if you can rotate it or just rotate it for that one page as it likely shares the id with other panels.

On 12/19/2017 at 09:39, Bezo said:

Hi.

I like the FMT 18 dark skin, it is superior any skins used for FM18.

Is it possible to make this skin to work on FM18?

Cheers Bezo

In the skin_config file deleting this line:

<boolean id="fmc_skin" value="true" />

Should allow it to be selectable in the full mode though I have no idea how well it will work without any other changes as you might be missing some of the full-mode features when using a Touch mode skin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 17:15, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you only have the demo then you won't have access to the resource tool so won't be able to extract the FM18 files, so you'll need to wait for someone to carry out the changes for you.

Though it looks like the sidebar is a lot easier to edit this year removing the id bit from this line sets it to the same colour for every screen;

<container class="bordered_box" id="colm" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" red_replacement="dark accent" blue_replacement="black">

Which means you can have it recolour to each teams colour or you can change the red_replacement value to a fixed colour to have it the same everywhere, whilst changing the appearance graphic will allow you to edit the transparency of it:

First screenshot is just with the ID removed you can see it has taken the blue colour of the prem when it would normally be grey, whilst second is with the colour changed to yellow, when it would be red normaly:

capture_003_11112017_171251.thumb.png.251f5559cf83553b4fd6b42a74f17c37.pngcapture_004_11112017_171326.thumb.png.9df9dcf20972ea032b785d03157055f4.png

I have searched for the above code and cannot find it anywhere, exactly which folder/file should I find this in on FMTouch18? 

Im asking as my side menu bar is always the same dark grey colour.

On 12/20/2017 at 14:39, michaeltmurrayuk said:

In the skin_config file deleting this line:

<boolean id="fmc_skin" value="true" />

Should allow it to be selectable in the full mode though I have no idea how well it will work without any other changes as you might be missing some of the full-mode features when using a Touch mode skin.

Thanks m8 , it works just fine!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

@michaeltmurrayuk Can you advise me on which panel to edit to change the font for player names in tactics? it used to be 'tactics icon info panel overview' but this year it seems completely different?

After a lot of messing around it is controlled by the 'player selection button tacitcs' xml file located in the panels/widgets folder, then locate this bit of code in the middle of the file:

<widget class="text" id="name" alignment="can_scale,centre" info_popup_enabled="false" />

And add a font="XXX" bit to the line so it looks something like this:

<widget class="text" id="name" font="XXX" alignment="can_scale,centre" info_popup_enabled="false" />

Where XXX is either the name of the font file you are using or the name of the xml file for the font settings you want to apply - if you want to recolour it you'll need to use the gradient trick above.

The basics of the tactics screen is still controlled by the 'tactics icon info panel overview' xml file, the formatting has just changed and you should be able to get to the other stuff by following the links in that file.

10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

After a lot of messing around it is controlled by the 'player selection button tacitcs' xml file located in the panels/widgets folder, then locate this bit of code in the middle of the file:

<widget class="text" id="name" alignment="can_scale,centre" info_popup_enabled="false" />

And add a font="XXX" bit to the line so it looks something like this:

<widget class="text" id="name" font="XXX" alignment="can_scale,centre" info_popup_enabled="false" />

Where XXX is either the name of the font file you are using or the name of the xml file for the font settings you want to apply - if you want to recolour it you'll need to use the gradient trick above.

The basics of the tactics screen is still controlled by the 'tactics icon info panel overview' xml file, the formatting has just changed and you should be able to get to the other stuff by following the links in that file.

@michaeltmurrayuk Thanks mate, I'll give that a try later!

Hi @michaeltmurrayuk sorry to bother you with another question! I need to know which xml file controls player faces on the tactics pitch/screen? on my skins I've managed to add them by copying panels from other skins but when doing so it removes the green pitch background, how would I have player faces but still keep the green background?? thanks in advance!

I have taken the game processing panels and graphics from Andromeda skin and put them into my light skin that I am using. The issue I am having is that the weather text in the panel is dark and I would like to change this to white so its more readable. I have attached a screenshot of this to show what I mean.

game.thumb.png.efc513cea052feb53870742906cea722.png

the panel that this controls looks to be the game/processing upcoming fixture badges.xml. Below is what mine looks like.

<panel>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" />

<!-- background shading image 

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/shadow/bar" height="171">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="55"/>

</widget> -->

<!--container for the team badges-->

<container id="tbdg">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,20,-1,-2, -2, 85" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!--home team-->

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="htpi" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" inset="25">

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="home" />

<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />

</record>

</widget>

<widget class="label" alignment="centre" colour="white" style="semi_bold" size="11" id="vlbl">

<translation id="text" translation_id="242324" type="use" value="v[versus]" />

</widget>

<!--away team-->

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="atpi" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" inset="25">

<integer id="get_property" value="away" />

</record>

</widget>

<!--stadium picture-->

<widget class="stadium_picture" id="STAp" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true">

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />

</record>

</widget>

<widget class="stadium_button" id="stad" alignment="centre" style="shadowed" colour="white" size="12" multiline="true" icon_enabled="false">

<string id="format" value="[%stadium#1-short]"/>

</widget>

<!--weather-->

<container class="weather_indicator_panel_horizontal" id="weat" file="match/weather indicator horizontal auto sized">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="53"/>

<boolean id="show_weather_label" value="true" />

<boolean id="show_weather_icon" value="true" />

<boolean id="show_temperature_on_icon" value="true" />

<boolean id="weather_icon_size" value="10" />

</container>

</container>

</panel>

@Alexpuk2002 It's likely controlled by the linked "match/weather indicator horizontal auto sized" xml file - though that controls the text on the match screen as well, so if you don't want to edit that as well change that file name to something else, then locate the above file and rename it to match your new name (if the file isn't present in your skin you'll need to extract it from the game files)

Then in the edited file locate this line:

<widget class="text" id="desc" alignment="left" auto_size="vertical"/>

And add a colour="XXX" bit to it, where XXX is the colour you want and that should recolour it. If that doesn't work you'd need to do the font and gradient tricks to recolour as shown in the above posts.

Do you know which panels and graphics control these that are in the red box. As you can see I am using the light skin and the icons are white which I would like to change. This seems to have only happened since the update yesterday.

screen.thumb.png.30feb0b62463646ee64cc703e662e70b.png

Base Skins have been updated for patch 18.3.0 couple of minor colour changes.

Download Links are in the opening post.

If you've edited the Base Skins then the changes made are below so you just need to update your settings file instead of re-downloading and editing the skin:

All Versions, below colour has been changed:

<colour name="injury_body_colour_at_risk" value="amber 600"/>

Light Skin Only, below colours have changed:

<colour name="match yellow card" value="red"/>
<colour name="yellow card" value="yellow 900"/>   

Default and Light Skin, below colours have been added (so should fix the problem of the player condition not being readable on tactics screen):

<colour name="low condition match" red="247" green="148" blue="148" />
<colour name="mid condition match" red="230" green="219" blue="45" />
<colour name="high condition match" red="255" green="255" blue="255" />

@Alexpuk2002 Looks like it's a bug in the game (the patch fixed the problem of the black icons in the header menus but it seems the other menus are using that colour sometimes as well) you should be able to fix it by editing the 'section_popup_button' xml file found in the classes folder (if its not present for your skin you'll need to extract the file)

Then locate this line near the bottom:

<flags id="menu_icon_colour" value="white" />

And you can either just delete that line or change the colour to something else.

You may also need to exit and restart your game for the classes to update, rather than just reloading your skin.

Another strange one that seems to have happened since the update. On the tab bar there seems to be a button graphic that has suddenly appeared. What controls this so I can get rid of these 2 and have them look the same as the rest on the tab bar. I have attached a screenshot to show how it looks.

screen2.thumb.png.5f38df9e1bca9ff4a8bd75a39b35ce9c.png

That should be controlled by the same file, you didn't change another line by accident when you altered the file before?

If the skinner has altered that file then you are best checking with them to see what changes they made so you don't cause further problems.

Try creating a config xml file with the following code in it:

<record>
    <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- preload the stuff in this folder -->
    <boolean id="preload" value="true"/>
</record>

And place it in the classes folder, as the game sometimes has issues with the contents of that folder.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, paok_revolution said:

I have problem with blur.Previous years i downloaded the base skins making the changes in xml, but this year the issue continues. A can see blur before the game starts, at the beggining titles. My graphic card is nvidia 745m. CPU is 7400m

If the game is blurry it is best raising the issue in the Bugs Forum as it's not really something that can be fixed via skinning.

• 1 month later...

To remove the all caps and the fade effect have a look at this thread:

For the buttons easiest thing to do is if you still have FM17 then just copy the contents of the \graphics\buttons\custom\interface\ folder from the FM17 files into the same folder for your FM18 folder. You'll find the FM17 files in the fm-widgets folder within the skins fmf file.

If you don't know how to extract the files read this:

3 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@Sanel Have a look in the menu xml file found in the fonts folder, adjusting the sizes their should hopefully affect the menus.

You're a legend, changed this piece of code:

<record>
    <string id="file_name" value="text.xml"/>
    <real id="font_size_small" value="9" />
    <real id="font_size_normal" value="9" />
    <real id="font_size_large" value="12" />
</record>

I've bought a new laptop this week which has a 1920x1080 resolution. I've been playing on 1366x768 for years now but I just couldn't get used to the tiny letters. When you use the zoom in function to 125%, some sections get a bit fuzzy which is again hard to read. I've made adjustments to text.xml and menu.xml now. This is how text.xml looks like from my side for the ones who are interested.

<string id="file_name" value="proximanova-regular.ttf"/>
  <real id="font_size_xxsmall" value="7" /> <!-- 9px -->
  <real id="font_size_xsmall" value="8.5" /> <!-- 11px -->
  <real id="font_size_small" value="9" /> <!-- 12px -->
  <real id="font_size_normal" value="8.7" /> <!-- 13px -->
  <real id="font_size_large" value="11.2" /> <!-- 15px -->
  <real id="font_size_xlarge" value="13.7" /> <!-- 18px -->
  <real id="font_size_xxlarge" value="16.6" /> <!-- 22px -->

I only changed this piece of code in that .xml file.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/06/2018 at 23:32, wkdsoul said:

Can i change the icon size separate from the text in the comp_button or nation_button? 

It depends on what you are doing and where, for the most part you can probably just edit the size of the icon otherwise something like icon_size="XX" should work (if that doesn't work you might need to mess around setting up an icon_properties section of code - have a look in the classes folder for an idea).

Something like this might work as well;

<record id="icon_properties" width="1024" height="264" />

On 01/07/2018 at 10:23, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It depends on what you are doing and where, for the most part you can probably just edit the size of the icon otherwise something like icon_size="XX" should work (if that doesn't work you might need to mess around setting up an icon_properties section of code - have a look in the classes folder for an idea).

Something like this might work as well;

<record id="icon_properties" width="1024" height="264" />

Cheers Mike. decided to reshuffle the layout to get the badges in instead.

1204877133_SwanseaCity_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.fd49ecee14712663bd76fed77186df61.png

Hi Michael, 

I've downloaded/installed the dark base skin but regardless of what I do with the renamed paper png's, they still stay like the screenshot below. Any ideas? I've re-read the steps but I must be missing something. I've even tried having 0% opacity and saved both paper files again and still get the exact same effect as the screenshot.  I've used the preferences screen as you can see a different background image but on almost every other screen it would be almost impossible to tell as it's a tiny border eg- the squad screen. 

Cheers. 

ss.thumb.png.262ee4184f14e73f920409f6f7d8697f.png

17 hours ago, ItsComingHome said:

Hi Michael, 

I've downloaded/installed the dark base skin but regardless of what I do with the renamed paper png's, they still stay like the screenshot below. Any ideas? I've re-read the steps but I must be missing something. I've even tried having 0% opacity and saved both paper files again and still get the exact same effect as the screenshot.  I've used the preferences screen as you can see a different background image but on almost every other screen it would be almost impossible to tell as it's a tiny border eg- the squad screen. 

Cheers.

From the Preferences -> Interface Screen make sure you have unticked 'Use Caching...' and have ticked 'Reload Skin...'

Then the background should show provided you've renamed the files as stated in the opening post.

Archived