Newcastle Chairmen Puts Club Up For Sale

This was announced officially yesterday and the chairman has set his sights on a sale before 2018.

I really hope this will make the beta? (coded in that the ai has the club is up for sale at the beginning of a career save)

52 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

It's pretty unlikely - normally the data is already locked by this point and it won't make it in until the first patch. They have been known to bend the rules for major changes though so not impossible.

is there a way we can do this ourselves? 

Just now, MoxeysTheName said:

And in other news...Wigan are also up for sale, for the relatively cheap price of £20m

Is that "m" meant to be on the end of that price? :brock:

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't amended in time for full release, there's always data changes that go through between data and the release patch

Just now, gunner86 said:

Is that "m" meant to be on the end of that price? :brock:

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't amended in time for full release, there's always data changes that go through between data and the release patch

You get Wigan Warriors as well, along with a couple of trackies from JJB's old stock

5 hours ago, cris182 said:

It might make the beta or it might make any possible release patch. But if not it's not that tricky to sort out upon full release

i like to start my long term save asap, i always pre order to play the beta, i will have to control my odc and pretend my chairmen is happy and wants to stay, forgot you cant use the editor until full release, maybe next year ill wait.

Of course, just because Mike Ashley says the club is for sale, doesn't mean he will sell it.

Prospective buyers will have to match his price (likely to be high, because it's Mike Ashley), and also meet his requirement that the new owners can take the club forward, which is a fairly nebulous statement.

There's every chance this is just a ruse to keep the baying masses quiet - I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him...

Until its a fact it wont make it into the game :)

If its done and dusted by the time the winter updated is included and released then perhaps there is a good chance.

Not sure what your driver is for wanting Ashley out, the new buyer may well be poorer and invest less money than Ashley has be doing. Be careful what you wish for ;)

2 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Until its a fact it wont make it into the game :)

I'm sure on (at least) one of the (many) previous occasions Newcastle has been "Up for sale" the game listed his chairman status as "Actively trying to sell the club" or something similar when you started a new save.

Just now, gunner86 said:

I'm sure on (at least) one of the (many) previous occasions Newcastle has been "Up for sale" the game listed his chairman status as "Actively trying to sell the club" or something similar when you started a new save.

I believe he is quoted as saying he will sell the club at the right time. How active he is will be anyones's guess

I can't recall how many times I've got excited about Portsmouth getting new "rich" owners only for the bubble to be burst. I think we are in the best position financially for a very long time with no debt at all. 

Watch out any new owner doesn't get you in more debt / get bored quick / run out of money

1 minute ago, MrPompey said:

I believe he is quoted as saying he will sell the club at the right time. How active he is will be anyones's guess

I can't recall how many times I've got excited about Portsmouth getting new "rich" owners only for the bubble to be burst. I think we are in the best position financially for a very long time with no debt at all. 

Watch out any new owner doesn't get you in more debt / get bored quick / run out of money

Portsmouth - where being a "Mickey Mouse Club" is no longer a bad thing :brock:

Surely there needs to be some level of change to his status. "Willing to listen to offers" perhaps?

If you load up the game and he's listed as "Feels he will never leave the club he loves" then I think we've got problems...

Mickey Mouse - LOL - I think we have won more silverware / qualified for Europe in the last 10 years than many clubs currently in the premiership and we have on;ly just moved out of L2 :)

If Ashley is going to sell the club I assume he wont be investing any money or making money available for transfers so we could zerorise the transfer budget I suppose ;)

Suggestion

When the open beta is available there will be a data issues thread created. I suggest you make a post in there which hopefully the Newcastle researcher will pick up and confirm what he can / what he will do to cover this else contact him now. This will give you the best chance of potentially having any data updated in time for formal release

34 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Mickey Mouse - LOL - I think we have won more silverware / qualified for Europe in the last 10 years than many clubs currently in the premiership and we have on;ly just moved out of L2 :)

If Ashley is going to sell the club I assume he wont be investing any money or making money available for transfers so we could zerorise the transfer budget I suppose ;)

Suggestion

When the open beta is available there will be a data issues thread created. I suggest you make a post in there which hopefully the Newcastle researcher will pick up and confirm what he can / what he will do to cover this else contact him now. This will give you the best chance of potentially having any data updated in time for formal release

Fair enough, thanks for the suggestion.

FWIW, the "Mickey Mouse Club" was a reference to your new owners. Not a dig at your stature ;)

51 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Fair enough, thanks for the suggestion.

FWIW, the "Mickey Mouse Club" was a reference to your new owners. Not a dig at your stature ;)

haha - I know I found it quite funny. I just need an FM18 mod to replace Pompey players with Disney Characters and watch them run around the pitch!

@Michael F - Hi Michael - As Newcastle researcher could you offer any advice regarding how you may or may not include Ashley's announcement to "sell" Newcastle

Alternatively - For those Newcastle FM devotees who may wish to use the FM editor could you suggest how they could make an edit once they have the full FM18 version in 3 weeks that reflects how you see the current position

Archived