[FM16] The Saints Go Marching In (On Top of Everyone)

Keano16

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, R7Now said:

Lazio and Sampdoria do seem nice, recover in Italy a bit before crashing into England. 

That's my thinking, crashing back with only one thing in mind, revenge.

Sampdoria, because Italy is good fun with the 12 subs on the bench...and they need someone to take them to the top! Clarification: I also like their history, as a "nearly" club.

Villarreal, because their uniforms are fantastic :lol:

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

Sampdoria, because Italy is good fun with the 12 subs on the bench...and they need someone to take them to the top! Clarification: I also like their history, as a "nearly" club.

Villarreal, because their uniforms are fantastic :lol:

That could be a good angle to go with with for Sampdoria.

d8618ebbf774e62cb6a7f7666c165201.png

They don't know what they're missing! Although Southampton do as they have picked up their form and just gotten a 1-1 draw against Sevilla in the first knockout round of the Europa League with a certain James Smith from the academy bagging the goal. They are also back up to 11th in the league. **** you Bobby Manc!!!!

I'm still waiting to get an interview with Sampdoria.

1a5513dcc8848778d638b6a3ca682641.png

This was agreed in the interview. I want to bring through as many players as I can.

76862772562e027a803aede9dd89ab5a.png

Unfortunately they are **** for now. Interestingly we get an Irishman! I'll have a look at the youth teams and see what we need before signing anyone, The better personalities will most likely be signed however.

That takes us to an overview of the current squad.

b91772a4c620aad9704c854b6ca76711.png

89c4c2d79ee65e38a0820d067e11a7a6.png

We've got some experience blended with youth. I'm yet to go through in massive detail so a tactic hasn't been decided yet. Bonazzoli looks promising however. Is there anything you guys want to see?

Right, not had a lot of time to play this week, got my first game with Sampdoria in tonight. I'm aiming to play a possession-based style and I've found a tactic online that I'm trying out and going to be tweaking. It just gives me a base to work off.

I hope to get a tactical overview up by at least Sunday with a more in depth look at the key players.

I also want to post up some of my Southampton youth players that I'm following to see how they progress. 

As I said just after I was sacked by Southampton, there were some youth players that I was very excited about and I wanted to show you guys what they are like. So here they are.

Spoiler

These three were getting minutes in the first team this season.

69AmWGL.jpg

LJmoOXj.jpg

u4GUuMP.jpg

All three can go very far, especially Smith and Hudson who have Professional personalities. Smith already has 8 goals in 6 appearances for the U21 National side and is probably the best player produced at the club in my tenure. Okoro and Hudson have all the tools to become very decent players.

Next up we have two promising midfielders.

vkKpulT.jpg

pXKTWFi.jpg

Both have good potential to make a mark on the game in the future.

S7qqlOp.jpg

Blake is one of four on this list to come through the first intake, alongside Smith, Okoro and Hudson. Unfortunately he doesn't look to have the same potential as the others but could still become a handy player down the line.

Finally, we have two more prolific strikers from the youth teams.

uclCLb9.jpg

S06jnEI.jpg

I'm surprised that Faithful hasn't got any youth caps with his form and look at that 16 finishing! Mulcahy came through the most recent intake of my reign and again has a Professional personality. He could go very far.

The development of all these players hinges on the fact that Bobby Manc doesn't **** up their progress. He may find himself jumped by a Swede and an Irishman otherwise....

17 minutes ago, deltablue said:

The next Genoation ;)

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

Shame the youth here is the polar opposite!

I'm about 3/4 of the way through your FM13 save, hope to have it read by the end of the weekend! 

Just now, DazRTaylor said:

Good read Keano.  :thup:

Cheers! Season four with Southampton did not go how I envisaged it would go unfortunately. 

I thought with 8 games left in the season would be a good time to update with how things have gone thus far.

8cd7dc50fced4b9425e30199834736aa.png

Three games in, two draws and a defeat. We dominated both Atatlanta and Genoa but needed a late equalizer to take one point from six. Against Genoa, their woodwork was struck on no less than three occasions! We took a 3-0 lead at home to Lazio but due to my naivety we conceded twice in two minutes late on to only draw. Extremely frustrating to say the least. Here are the game stats.

Spoiler

PQYYhX6.jpg

nbK8Ysn.jpg

hFCzPxL.jpg

So the table now looks like so.

ilWrA3M.jpg

We're in the same general position as when I took over, five points off the relegation zone. I honestly don't care where we finish, as long as it is not in the bottom three.

197810ea4133bba4cd8212d3505577b7.png

Inter aside, we should be looking to win the majority of these games. 5 of these teams are below us, so we have to show why.

Finally we have the tactic which is still a work in progress. The core idea is to try and maintain possession, while creating decent chances.

rEaaLfT.jpg

ZpQ8C0O.jpg

If you guys have any questions, just fire away.

4 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

That midfield seems a bit off to me. Maybe it's just me.

Good to see you're back in the saddle.

What I'm kind of going for is, the AP(s) sits in the hole, the DLP(d) sits in front of the defence and recycles ball, the CM(s) has the PI Hold Position to account for the attacking wingback and the RPM is the legs, the AP and either the RPM/F9 have Move into Channels PI. 

Cheers as well man!

11 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

What I'm kind of going for is, the AP(s) sits in the hole, the DLP(d) sits in front of the defence and recycles ball, the CM(s) has the PI Hold Position to account for the attacking wingback and the RPM is the legs, the AP and either the RPM/F9 have Move into Channels PI. 

Cheers as well man!

INstead of an RPM, why not a BBM? More defensively solid too?

This game frustrates me beyond end.....

81uxzkR.jpg

We go toe to toe with Inter only to lose because of our keeper feebly slapping Mertens' free kick and a dodgy penalty.

8J6NUzZ.jpg

We smash Torino but can never take any chances. We struck the woodwork from range in the last minute and their first goal was typical, a long clearance finds their striker who thumps it over the top for the other to score. Same situation for us, no finish.

/rant. Still haven't won a game despite should of winning at least three. *breathes*.

2 hours ago, argento said:

Just caught up, unlucky with Southampton.  Sure you'll turn Sampdoria around!

Cheers, Southampton started to go very well but instead of continuing to progress we hit a brick wall.

I'm just hoping that we can take advantage of the last six games with the majority of them against teams below us.

I'm thinking that I'll change the update style slightly as I don't get time to play a lot during the week. I'll post individual game stats, similar to above, with a little recap, as I play. Then there'll be a monthly roundup at the end of the month. Just something to get more regular updates out for you guys. 

S1Q3qV3.jpgSame old story, and we're down to 17th. I still haven't won a game despite being here for seven. 

d35397670bc885dcf2f0065a287cc99a.png

Surely, we have to win at least one of the last four? Seeing as three of them are below us and the other just above. I wouldn't count on it though.....

Another disappointment.

9sZ64ef.jpg

To the team in ****ing 20th.......Now we drop into the relegation zone. I have no idea what to do. A 92nd minute winner was disallowed for a foul. This game really wants to **** with me doesn't it? :mad:

Ok, what for it. Ready? WE WON!!

T53rrLY.jpg

I changed tactic to this:
841227f5d43633159a5c16c0aedbea22.png

Possibly we were lucky with two early goals but I don't care, a win is a win. The first goal was a very nice passing move where we kept recycling the ball. The second had a lot of fortune but the two lads were there to follow it up.

I don't know what happened with the gif, I'll try to sort it tomorrow. The goal is the second one in it. Bonazzoli's goal was a tap in after De Silvestri's chip from the sideline hit the bar after nearly catching the keeper out. I'll try and get a gif up of that tomorrow as well.

7 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Woo! Survival!

5 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Congrats on survival!  Big win over Bologna!

Thanks lads! Although we're not safe yet with two more games to be played against Carpi and Sassuolo. We should be OK however......I hope.

5 hours ago, Benjoe said:

Massive win!

Congrats, but woah that YI looks dire. Hopefully next season will just be a little bit better. Can hardly get worse eh?

Now there's some positivity! 

5 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Ackppt...squeaky bum time. Are you home or away for the final match?

Yeah, Carpi at home is the final game. All we have to do is avoid defeat and we're safe.

Next summer with have a massive clear out. Two of my best players have also come to me and demanded to leave for bigger clubs. Think I'll cash in and build a better squad.

msjUmoa.jpg

The situation going into the final game against Carpi in seven days. It's simple, avoid defeat and we stay up, lose and we're relegated. 

Buckle up lads, it's going to be a disaster thriller!

I'm thorn here, mate.

I want you to win, and stay up and have good fortunes and all that. But... It would be interesting to see how you'd handle the relegation. Would you crumble under the pressure or come back stronger? 

35 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

I'm thorn here, mate.

I want you to win, and stay up and have good fortunes and all that. But... It would be interesting to see how you'd handle the relegation. Would you crumble under the pressure or come back stronger? 

I'm sure I removed Serie B at the start of the season (when I had no idea if I would be in this mess) and I'm not sure if you can cancel that or not. Obviously I have complete and utter faith in my abilities to stay up.....2/1 odds on the crumbling into unrecognizable dust.

13 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Geez, couldn't have scripted a more interesting final game of the season.

I'm with you on that one! 

Archived