FM-17 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, makovn said:

will try to win as many trophies till fm18, probably won't start with this challenge immediately 

This challenge is not possible on FM18 on release day, it will have to wait until there is enough required leagues made manually. Good luck until then @makovn

5 hours ago, TheEarl said:

This challenge is not possible on FM18 on release day, it will have to wait until there is enough required leagues made manually. Good luck until then @makovn

Oops, didn't think about it :lol: 

26 minutes ago, lvzifer said:

Still playing, but am like 10 season ahead of my last update. So not sure if I should just post all in one post or?! Should've kept it simple 

Understand @lvzifer

just update as you please, and probably keep it as simple as possible ;)

To explain more @lvzifer you could at the moment just update something like this to make it quicker:

Season - Club - trophies won (alternatively nation - trophies won)

Then do this season by season until you reach the point you are now.

Then finish it off with a screenshot of your Hall of Fame or manager history.

Then I will update you in the Leaderboards

Just a clarification, not totally given up on this challenge yet, but not sure how many more season I will play in FM17.

For FM18 this challenge will not be possible, until there is at least 3 leagues playable on each continent following any new release of the Mega Pack.

Would love to see this thread remain active, no reason why this challenge can't be kept going for future releases!

I'm thinking about starting it this evening (progress will be very slow because I'm a postgrad student in genetics with a tonne of unfinished coursework) but it's by far the biggest challenge on any FM forum  and certainly the best regarding journeyman careers.

I think the beauty of a challenge like this is that it doesn't matter which version on FM you have; by the time you've started to make real progress towards winning all of the required competitions, the players are all going to be regens anyway!

Here's to hoping that this challenge stays for many editions of FM to come.

1 minute ago, nmassey said:

Would love to see this thread remain active, no reason why this challenge can't be kept going for future releases!

I'm thinking about starting it this evening (progress will be very slow because I'm a postgrad student in genetics with a tonne of unfinished coursework) but it's by far the biggest challenge on any FM forum  and certainly the best regarding journeyman careers.

I think the beauty of a challenge like this is that it doesn't matter which version on FM you have; by the time you've started to make real progress towards winning all of the required competitions, the players are all going to be regens anyway!

Here's to hoping that this challenge stays for many editions of FM to come.

Thanks for encouragement @nmassey, and I definitely plan to keep this alive. Sadly not many have taken part over the last 6 months or so, but this should hopefully all change once claassens or any other does a serious league add-on for FM18. 

My self I am still playing in FM17 somewhere around 2030 , plan to write a new update soon to let everyone know where I am.

Would love to have you onboard, an no worries if it takes time, it does for everyone. Might I ask what FM-version you plan to start this challenge on?

Just about to start on FM17. Like I said, with these challenges, the players won't really make much difference because they'll only be part of the game for the start, the only reason I'd go to FM18 is for the new features! I'm happy to save my money for a year, or at least until next summer, and being blissfully unaware to the new changes.

7 hours ago, nmassey said:

Just about to start on FM17. Like I said, with these challenges, the players won't really make much difference because they'll only be part of the game for the start, the only reason I'd go to FM18 is for the new features! I'm happy to save my money for a year, or at least until next summer, and being blissfully unaware to the new changes.

Just asked since it will take some time before there is enough playable leagues in FM18. With 17 its perfect to start now. Good luck!!!

30 minutes ago, Duroliponte said:

I know I'm not getting FM18 so am toying with the idea of starting this as a save to dip in and out of for the next year.

Sorry, but I I have a few annoying questions about the optimal set-up:

Do we have to load leagues down to the lowest available level? e.g. have tier 6 loaded if we're playing in England?

Are we restricted in choice of starting club/should we have active leagues in all six continents loaded at any one time? e.g. if someone had only Italy loaded at the start of the save they would likely get a Serie C job, which is still higher rep than the Maldives.

For those of us with older laptops, what are the recommended 'add player' settings to ensure the continental competitions remain challenging? e.g. I don't like the idea of the Asian CL being a walkover, as it was the last time I tried something like this.   

Hello @Duroliponte thanks for showing interest in taking part. Would love to have you onboard :)

- You can load as many or few leagues as you want, and Top Tier only, all the way to the bottom or something in between.

Starting club is anything you can get with the starting criteria, No badges, Sunday League Football Rep, and 20 years old. Nationality only 1 or your true genuine nationality(ies). I don't know if you can get Serie C club in Italy, as I never tried. But I know for a fact you can get club in England at Tier 5 or maybe even Tier 4. That is of course a lot better than starting in Maldives. But its really up to you how you will play it. I started in Ivory Coast with a top team there, and won league and cups in the first season.

When it comes to add players, if you use an old PC don't add too many or you will slow down the game. But personally I like to add international players from continents so if you become International manager you can actually have real players. (If there is not enough you will not be allowed to take over certain nations in the game I think.)

As for how many league to run at a time, its up to you. But personally I like to run at least 2 nations in the continent I am playing so there is some sort of opposition in the CL.

I don't know if you actually thought of starting in Italy, but if you do I would love other about it as I don't think anyone else did so far. If not I would like to recommend either Ivory Coast, DR Congo, Ghana, Costa Rica or Jamaica. But really the whole world is up for grabs.

Finally hope you try it out, and let us know what team you are starting with...

28 minutes ago, Duroliponte said:

Go on then, I'll give it a go. Can't imagine I'll get anywhere near 35, let alone 70, but it looks fun.

I really did pick Italy as an example, but I'll consider it as a starting point! Will update at some point over the next few days.

Nice!

Good luck :)

18 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

Since FM18 has been released I've not been able to leave it haha! I think I'll have to end my FM17 Giant 70 challenge here but I'll start it on FM18 as soon as a megapack is released :D 

Understand @oohlala111 did you play any further than Boxing Day 2026? If so would love to hear the final update.

I am on a break to try out FM18 my self, but plan to return and do another few season here in FM17 sometime.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.11.2017 at 19:30, oohlala111 said:

Good news @TheEarl- I'm getting a little bored of the FM18 beta and I have some unfinished business in Morocco so I will be continuing the challenge then doing an end of season update :D :cool: :onmehead:

Would love to see another update here, but guess with the full version out it might not be that realistic

21 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Would love to see another update here, but guess with the full version out it might not be that realistic

Well I can't seem to get on with FM18, I've decided to go back to 17 and start this again. I did start it previously but never got anywhere with it, but this time, this is the time I do this and post updates! 

I'm at work today but tonight I'm going to start with Australia, China, Malaysia (had my best and most favorite save with a team in Malaysia on 17!), UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia & Tahiti as playable from the start and 1 country from each other continent as view only until I decide to make it playable, view only prob going to be Argentina / Chile, USA, Cameroon, Nigeria or South Africa, Spain & or Italy.

I will start the game from the start of the season in Australia as I think the lower league teams there will be the lowest rep playable, maybe Tahiti but I'll start the game whenever Australia starts.

So I said I was gunna take ages to do this but I have at last completed my first season, albeit a half-season.

Took over at Pyongyang CIty and, even though I have nothing left to gain from North Korea, I felt I wanted to repay them for giving me my first job, so I'm staying with them another year or so to help develop thier facilities while I earn my coaching badges. Here's to repeating the treble!!

EDIT: I should point out, the Asian Confederation Cup is the equivalent to the Europa League, comprising of teams from the likes of Syria and Macau, while the good Asian teams from South Korea, Japan, China etc. all play in the Asian Champions League. I have therefore filled my "wildcard" continental club competition win and still need to win the other nine compulsory competitions.

CLUB

Season   | Club                      | League pos. | Cont. achievements   | Domestic cup achievements  | Notes                                                                                                    |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016       | Pyongyang City   | 1st                 | As. Conf. Cup Winner | Rep. Championship Winner   | Took over after 18 games in 3rd, 4 points behind the leaders  |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. results   | World ranking | Trophies won  | Notes            |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |   |  |  |  |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
1/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

7 hours ago, nmassey said:

EDIT: I should point out, the Asian Confederation Cup is the equivalent to the Europa League, comprising of teams from the likes of Syria and Macau, while the good Asian teams from South Korea, Japan, China etc. all play in the Asian Champions League. I have therefore filled my "wildcard" continental club competition win and still need to win the other nine compulsory competitions.

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
1/25 Domestic Cups

Nice start @nmassey congrats on a trophy filled season.

I think I should point out the case of Asian Confederations Cup. You can only calculate that as a part of the challenge, if it later in your savegame becomes impossible to win either Copa Libertadores or Copa Sudamericana due to a bug in FM17. If these competitions still plays without a bug, you can't switch any of the "original" continental competitions.

So far in your game you have 2 titles, the third will be put "on hold" until you reach the South American part of your journey. But still a really really good start :)

17 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Good luck @bigmattb28 will love to read about your journey...

Well I set up a couple of test saves before actually starting out, took a while to agree with myself on what set up I'm starting with but I've got Bermuda & Panama playable with the intention of starting at 1 of these nations first, there's loads of jobs in these 2 at the start, also have Australia A league only, Qatar, USA, Saudi Arabia & Malaysia as playable from the start. Have South Korea, China, USA, Argentina, France & Italy as View only. My intention is to build a bit of a rep in Bermuda & Panama, then going on to the Asian countries listed and hopefully win a few things before making the view only leagues playable to go for the continental competitions. I'll post my progress as I go.

4 hours ago, TheEarl said:

I think I should point out the case of Asian Confederations Cup. You can only calculate that as a part of the challenge, if it later in your savegame becomes impossible to win either Copa Libertadores or Copa Sudamericana due to a bug in FM17. If these competitions still plays without a bug, you can't switch any of the "original" continental competitions.

So far in your game you have 2 titles, the third will be put "on hold" until you reach the South American part of your journey. But still a really really good start :)

Wasn't the issue resolved in the most recent patch? I'm sure people have posted saying it's not an issue now, think the problem was with Mexican teams winning it.

10 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Wasn't the issue resolved in the most recent patch? I'm sure people have posted saying it's not an issue now, think the problem was with Mexican teams winning it.

I think its resolved also, but it depends what version of FM17 people are playing with. Also in case there should be an issue I will leave that options to swap tournaments in the original post for now. BUT as I mentioned it only comes into play if its impossible to take part in Libertadores/Sudamericana comps.

2 hours ago, TheEarl said:

I think its resolved also, but it depends what version of FM17 people are playing with. Also in case there should be an issue I will leave that options to swap tournaments in the original post for now. BUT as I mentioned it only comes into play if its impossible to take part in Libertadores/Sudamericana comps.

Ahh right, well I don't tihnk in any of my saves there's been an issue. I checked my save in 2024 and it seemed as though it was still going. Fingers crossed it's okay for people who are doing this on 17 still.

15 hours ago, nmassey said:

So I said I was gunna take ages to do this but I have at last completed my first season, albeit a half-season.

Took over at Pyongyang CIty and, even though I have nothing left to gain from North Korea, I felt I wanted to repay them for giving me my first job, so I'm staying with them another year or so to help develop thier facilities while I earn my coaching badges. Here's to repeating the treble!!

CLUB

Season   | Club                      | League pos. | Cont. achievements   | Domestic cup achievements  | Notes                                                                                                    |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016       | Pyongyang City   | 1st                 | As. Conf. Cup Winner | Rep. Championship Winner   | Took over after 18 games in 3rd, 4 points behind the leaders  |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. results   | World ranking | Trophies won  | Notes            |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |   |  |  |  |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
1/25 Domestic Cups

Now seeing your post I think I might add North Korea to my save too. Whats it like in that league mate? 

4 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Now seeing your post I think I might add North Korea to my save too. Whats it like in that league mate? 

Basically 4 or 5 teams with enough half-decent players to challenge, April 25 and Rimyongsu are the best but Pyongyang have three really good strikers, a decent midfield and a good keeper.

12 hours ago, TheEarl said:

In the original post, you only outlined 9 mandatory (inter-)continental club competitions but 10 required, so I was assuming 1 was a wildcard (i.e. any continental club cup not already mentioned)?

1 hour ago, nmassey said:

Basically 4 or 5 teams with enough half-decent players to challenge, April 25 and Rimyongsu are the best but Pyongyang have three really good strikers, a decent midfield and a good keeper.

In the original post, you only outlined 9 mandatory (inter-)continental club competitions but 10 required, so I was assuming 1 was a wildcard (i.e. any continental club cup not already mentioned)?

I Think When It Was First Started There Was The African Con-Fed Cup Included.

13 minutes ago, pug 407 said:

I Think When It Was First Started There Was The African Con-Fed Cup Included.

10 Continental/World club comptetitions. The mandatory competitions are: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, CONCACAF Champions League, African Champions League, Asian Champions League, O-League and Club World Cup. (In the event that a bug stops you from participating in Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana, you can swap these for AFC Cup and Caribbean Club Cup, BUT only if the savegame has this bug.)

That's what is written on the first page concerning it, only mentions the AFC Cup in relation subbing it for one of the two bugged cups, but this would still leave only 9 mandatory cups out of 10. I'm not fussed, just want a definitive ruling as to whether this counts or not.

Well I restarted this and will post updates as I go.

My manager is 30 and from Barbados, don't know why Barbados just seemed like a cool place to be from. Anyway his favorite club is Perlis in Malaysia, fun fact I had my best ever journeyman save on 17 and was at Perlis twice on that and had loads of success so that's why his favorite is them, maybe I'll go there on this save. Also favorite formation is 3-5-2, tactical manager with Sunday league rep and I think 2 points in adaptability and 3 maybe 4 in tactical training. Will post screens when I'm at home. Started unemployed and got the Devonshire Colts job in Bermuda. Won the first game 4-1 against PHC Zebras then lost 3-2 at home to North Village Rams who are favourites to win the league. we're expected to finish bottom, told the board I'd battle bravely against relegation. My aim on this challenge is to not leave by my own accord until I've won at least 1 trophy, in the early part this won't do anything for the challenge especially in Bermuda but will help my rep go up to get another job along the way.

Lastly leagues I have loaded at the minute are Bermuda, Panama, Australia, New Zealand, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia all playable and France, Scotland, Argentina as view only. Will only add a league once I'm done with the 1 I'm in.

16 hours ago, nmassey said:

Ahh right, I may load up North Korea as I go.

22 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Well I restarted this and will post updates as I go.

My manager is 30 and from Barbados, don't know why Barbados just seemed like a cool place to be from. Anyway his favorite club is Perlis in Malaysia, fun fact I had my best ever journeyman save on 17 and was at Perlis twice on that and had loads of success so that's why his favorite is them, maybe I'll go there on this save.

Great to see you get underway @bigmattb28 , the opening post states that the manager should start as 19-20 years old. I don't think it inflates the game as much on FM17 as it will on FM18. But wish you could have corrected that.

That said as long as you start with no rep and no coaching badges in a small country like Bermuda I will let it pass for this time ;) Hope your manager will become old and proud :)

2 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Great to see you get underway @bigmattb28 , the opening post states that the manager should start as 19-20 years old. I don't think it inflates the game as much on FM17 as it will on FM18. But wish you could have corrected that.

That said as long as you start with no rep and no coaching badges in a small country like Bermuda I will let it pass for this time ;) Hope your manager will become old and proud :)

Oh bugger, yes I did see the age thing, sorry man I'll post a screenie of my manager profile showing Sunday ;league rep.. But as you say Bermuda's not known for it's high rep football league! Will post updates over the weekend.

18 hours ago, nmassey said:

10 Continental/World club comptetitions. The mandatory competitions are: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, CONCACAF Champions League, African Champions League, Asian Champions League, O-League and Club World Cup. (In the event that a bug stops you from participating in Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana, you can swap these for AFC Cup and Caribbean Club Cup, BUT only if the savegame has this bug.)

That's what is written on the first page concerning it, only mentions the AFC Cup in relation subbing it for one of the two bugged cups, but this would still leave only 9 mandatory cups out of 10. I'm not fussed, just want a definitive ruling as to whether this counts or not.

I Meant The African Confederation Cup And The Other 9. Think It's Just Been Update And @TheEarl Didn't Put The Confederation Cup Back In. 

Sorry For Not Explaining Myself Clear Enough.

18 hours ago, nmassey said:

Sorry, when I edited the original post a few months ago the African Confederations Cup disappeared somehow. Thanks for questioning and thanks to @pug 407 for pointing that out.

I have updated the original post once again. And most likely people will not be bugged by Copa Libertadores/Sudamericana anymore so Asian Confederations Cup will not count. The reason it didn't make the original 70 is due to the fact clubs from Korea, China etc. don't take part there. But I will still let it remain as a "sub comp" in case of bugs...

I didn't play much over the weekend but I did finish my first season at Devonshire Colts, winning both the cups there and finishing a respectable 5th in the league.

Captureman.thumb.JPG.c824d24393d5e92956aebf7fa0df9526.JPG

Main striker that was at the club when I joined

zuill.thumb.JPG.e510fedd40dd452c1cb777694327c951.JPG

I've signed this guy on a free

Captureholl.thumb.JPG.0d8b8f2774f43ca22baf7587e4100e51.JPG

As above I won both the cups this year, here's the end of season awards as well as a new contract:

Capturedouble.thumb.JPG.b071f7852acc42271ca67cec54034f5f.JPG Captureeos.thumb.JPG.86a95e2d54c5776f68549b5462e68072.JPGCapturecon.thumb.JPG.6a4e949fae32e5f0b74987412cc6576f.JPG

1 thing I have noticed is there's only 2 teams (North Village Rams & Dandy Town Hornets) that have a squad of actual players in Bermuda as they're all those greyed out players. I've signed a couple of them, you may notice Tevahn Mundy above, he's a greyed out player I offered a contract too and he's Barbadian like my manager is. Also there's a LOT of goals scored in most games. I'll get my schedule posted when I'm at home but we scored a lot of goals each game. Just as a bit of trivia too, my first game was against PHC Zebra's which we won, and the FA cup final was also against them which we just won on penalties. Maybe we'll get a rivalry with them going?

The manager for North Village Rams is also the Bermudan national team manager and he's just left his club, I declared interest in that job and it said I'm considered a leading candidate, didn't even get an interview but not that fussed, I'll stay at Devonshire for at least this season and see how I get on. I do have the CFU championship loaded as well, wonder if as I've won the FA cup I'll get in that. Will see. I'll post progress again as I go.

CLUB

2016       | Devonshire Colts   |5th                 | N/A                             | Friendship & FA cup winners   | Predicted to be relegated, finished very respectable 5th  |

INTERNATIONAL

|   |  |  |  |

TROPHIES WON

0/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies

Just a quickie, started second season with the charity cup and remember in a previous post I said there's a lot of goals scored? Well check this out

Captureshield.thumb.JPG.8f1370db4d6f150311d52bccdcdc6be6.JPG

Does this count towards the list @TheEarl ? They won back to back league titles so I'm happy to beat them. Also first game of the season and we just beat the team predicted to finish second

Capturefirst.thumb.JPG.ea1badc75be2655404e0de9494937eae.JPG

Also my manager history so far

Capturehist.thumb.JPG.d29219ac04d1a70b47a017b79af4740c.JPG

Got New Zealand being loaded up from the end of this season but will see how I get on here before making a decision to move or not.

4 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Charity Shield, Super Cups doesn't count. Cups that you win need to have at least 10 teams in the cup. And Super Cups usually only have 2 teams.

Cool man. What's the best way to tackle this do you reckon, should I try and get the 'easier' continental cups out the way. by easier I'd maybe say the Oceania champs league is prob the easiest, I reckon any New Zealand team can win it if you get past Auckland City, or even use them. The North America champs league I'm gonna have to go with a Mexican team I think, the Asian champs league I won with a Malaysian team on a previous save so I'm confident with that one.

7 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Cool man. What's the best way to tackle this do you reckon, should I try and get the 'easier' continental cups out the way. by easier I'd maybe say the Oceania champs league is prob the easiest, I reckon any New Zealand team can win it if you get past Auckland City, or even use them. The North America champs league I'm gonna have to go with a Mexican team I think, the Asian champs league I won with a Malaysian team on a previous save so I'm confident with that one.

I don't want to line up everything here as people should find out by chosing their own path. But depending on your reputation I think you have a few possible scenarios:

- Try to move to a different CONCACAF Nation, build your rep there and try to conquer the NACL

- Move to a lower rep continent and take a top team there first

Just now, OneManSnipez said:

@TheEarl is this possible to do in fm18? I know claaasen already has quite a few leagues on his workshop.

I haven't checked the last few days. But I think its still a time to wait unfortunately. 

You will have to check the following:

Europe is fine already (many leagues)

- S.America is fine (more than 3 leagues)

- Asia is fine (more than 3 leagues)

- Africa need 2 additional leagues other than South Africa

- N.America need 1 additional league other than USA and Mexico

- Oceania need 3 additional leagues (no leagues from the start.)

- Oceania also needs Champions League

Archived