FM-17 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

ES Zarzis.png

Season 1 - ES Zarzis

League Table - Fixtures (Started 11/20)

Another very short stint at a club, this one lasting only 61 days! Took over after 6 games in 5th, while being 6 points off of a spot in Champions Playoff. The top 3 teams were just too good for us and we were riddled with injuries, always having at least 4 or 5 at a time. After the group stage finished I started looking for other jobs but decided to resign after the club wouldn't budge on lowering the compensation, and also having a very tough draw in the third round of the Tunisian Cup. 

Squad - Resignation

Really want to win a league title in the first year, but that's looking very unlikely. Except in one job that I've applied for, so stay tuned!

Season  |      Team      |   Country   |         League         | Pos. | DC | CC |           Notes            |      Pesonal Awards      |
   2016       Tvaakers IF      Sweden       First Division South    9th    R2   --  Took over in 10th; Left role   August Coach of Month 
 2016/2017     ES Zarzis       Tunisia            League 1          4th    --   --  Took over in 5th ; Resigned              -

Career Stats:
Tvaakers IF - P:13 W:7 D:4 L:2 GF:16 GA:10 GD:6 Days in Charge:110 
 ES Zarzis  - P:8  W:4 D:3 L:1 GF:10 GA:3  GD:7 Days in Charge:61
-------------------------------------------------------------------
   Total    - P:21 W:11 D:7 L:3 GF:26 GA:13 GD:13

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solomon Warriors Logo.png

Solomon Warriors 

League Table | Fixtures | Transfers 

TELEKOM S-LEAGUE

Board Expectation: Reach quarter-finals

My Expectation: Retain the title

After our heroics last season, would the media put us up there alongside the favourites to win the division? Nope! We're down in 8th again according to the board- taking the last play-off spot and fighting it out in the quarters with the league stage winners. Of course, I was desperate to prove them wrong once again and that showed as we went unbeaten throughout the whole league campaign. In fact, we had been unbeaten in 36 out of 36 league matches at that point- ending up a few points clear of newly-promoted X-Beam in 2nd. Through to the play-offs we went, and we faced 8th placed Malaita Kingz...

Leg 1: Malaita Kingz 1-3 Solomon Warriors

We dominated the first leg and we got our reward as we won 3-1, putting ourselves in pole position going into the "home" leg. Surely we couldn't muck this up now!?

We are going through. Just.

They scored with 3 of their 4 shots on target, making us pay for our lack of taken chances. I am sad that the 37 match unbeaten streak in the league is over, but at least we got through to the semi-finals. One more win and we would make sure we left this team on a high with O-League qualification. We drew out Western United in the semi-final- could we win??

Easy. All too easy. We were the better side throughout and our fans celebrated long into the night with continental football next season confirmed. What they didn't know is that those continental games would not be played with me (unless everything went horribly wrong whilst finding a new job!!). We would be battling it out with Koloale for that coveted league title, could we make it 2 in 2? 

CAMPEONES! CAMPEONES! OLE OLE OLE!! We did it! Two titles in as many years! We reacted well to going behind early on to secure the title and of course it had to be top marksman Dennis Ifunaoa to secure the comeback and the trophy. Our season was largely based on smash and grabs and that's what happened today. The fans of Koloale left the stadium with broken hearts despite the knowledge they would be in the O-League next season; our fans danced with joy as they traveled home. I punched the air several times when the final whistle came although I had to come down from Cloud Nine relatively soon as the O-League beckoned- more about that later though! 

MELANESIAN SUPER CUP

Board Expectation: Not Important

My Expectation: Not important, although it would be another trophy won

League Table

I won't go into much detail with this one. The tournament compromised of four teams playing 3 games each, with the team coming first winning the trophy. We won our first two with ease but came unstuck against Vanuatu side Amicale- see my fixtures at the top of the review for an idea of the results. All in all, not too disappointed although it ended my unbeaten run in all competitions and therefore was my first defeat as manager. Moving on...

O-LEAGUE

Board Expectation: Reach semi-final 

My Expectation: Try to qualify for semi-finals

League Table | Group Stage Fixtures

If I could sum up the group stage in 4 words, it would be these- I didn't expect that. We had to top a 4 team mini-league to qualify for the semi-finals, and when I saw our group, I wasn't particularly confident- especially when I noticed Melanesian Super Cup holders Amicale. It was the perfect chance to get revenge, but we knew it would be difficult.

What I didn't predict was us going unbeaten with 2 wins and a draw. I expected to beat AS Magenta which we duly did (despite a weird glitch/bug), but then we met Amicale. We managed to hold them to a 0-0 draw before going into our final match. Amicale and AS Magenta played earlier and we hoped to take advantage of it. Amicale did us a huge favour by winning 2-1. That meant all we had to do was draw with AS Dragon and we would be through. However, we absolutely smashed them 4-1 to send us through to the semi-finals as the sole representative at that stage outside of New Zealand. We got drawn against Team Wellington in the two-legged tie...

Leg 1: Team Wellington 2-0 Solomon Warriors

We got completely outplayed and were lucky not to concede more. We parked the bus and had it not been for a couple of GK mistakes, we could've got a slightly better result. I wasn't bothered about the defeat because I knew we weren't likely to get much further and we had already done very well indeed. Onto leg 2- could we get a consolation?

Leg 2: Solomon Warriors 1-1 Team Wellington (3-1 agg) 

Once again we were dominated but we managed a respectable 1-1 draw that sent us crashing out at the penultimate hurdle. I am very happy with how the tournament went, and hopefully my reputation has increased enough to get myself an international job after some World Cup sackings as well as a club job... Onwards and upwards we go!

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won   |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17  | Solomon Warriors | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | N/A (didn't qualify) | League Title   |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18  | Solomon Warriors | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | Semi-finalists       | League Title   |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (Solomon Islands x2)
0/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

FC Navua.jpg

Job Offer - Squad

A new start in Fiji with newly promoted FC Navua in the National Football League, but it won't be easy with high board expectations and media expectations.

Hong Kong.png

Job Offer

Another blind jump, this time in to international management with Hong Kong Under 23's.

Should be interesting to see how this year goes!

Team Wellington

Following my resignation from Solomon Warriors, I headed the same way as @Tony Hawker, accepting an offer from Team Wellington in New Zealand whose manager left to join the vacant Auckland City post I applied for, attended an interview for and got rejected! My google maps journey can be seen here.

The squad | Last season's league table | Last season's fixtures part 1 | Last season's fixtures part 2

So, despite placing 1st, this team lost out in the play-off final- this league works a bit like the Telekom S-League where the league title is decided by a playoff. There are 10 teams in the league, each playing the others both home and away for a total of 18 games (which is 2 more than I played per season in the Solomon Islands). The top four go into the playoff with the winners of both one-legged ties going into another one-legged tie to decide the champion. The two finalists qualify for the O-League each season I believe but that will be confirmed when the schedule is released for this season. One thing I am worried about is a lack of domestic cups again- I think getting these cups could end up being one of the hardest challenges at this rate! 

I will post a more detailed update when I get more details myself! Until then, laters!

oohlala111 :) 

P.S. Germany have retained the World Cup! Lots of international jobs have become available but STILL everybody rejects me- even with that Continental B License I have :( :( . The shock of the tournament has to be this result achieved by Gareth Southgate's charges. Ultimately, it cost him his job at the helm of the English national team!

FC Navua.jpg

Season 2 - FC Navua

Squad - Fixtures - Competition Review

League - We won the league pretty handily by 6 points, with a goal difference of 20. Suva and Ba were the only teams that really challenged us and are squad was superior to everyone else's after the transfers I made.

FA Cup - My first trophy! Cruised through the group stage easily, won the semi-final in a tight match and won the final in extra time. Unfortunately none of the domestic cups count toward the challenge because they all only had 8 teams.

Battle of Giants - Had a shaky group stage, won the semi-final but lost in penalties to Suva in the final.

Interdisrict Championship - Wasn't viewed as important, so rotated the squad and got through the group stage but lost in the semi-final to Suva.

Season Review - Overall very happy with the performance and doing the double.  

Hong Kong.png

2017 - Hong Kong U-23's

Fixtures

A very good first experience with international management, Qualifying for the Asian U-23 Cup and winning a couple friendlies on the way. However, towards the end of the year some international jobs came up and I decided to join a new country, which you'll see later.

Resignation

FC Navua.jpg

Season 2.5 - FC Navua

Fixtures

Since we made OCL I wanted to see how far I could go with this team and therefore stuck around through the competition. After winning the CVC against Suva (the Community Shield of Fiji) and a game in the league we started the group stage, matched up against AS Lossi (New Caledonia), Tupapa Maraerenga (Cook Islands), and Eastern Suburbs (New Zealand). Eastern Suburbs were by far the biggest threat, and after winning the first two games 3-0 we had them as our final group game. We just needed a win or a tie to go through...

Spoiler

FC Navua 1-0 Eastern Suburbs

Watkins 45+1

We finished top of the group and advanced! After another game in the league, the semi-final was drawn, and with my luck of course we drew Auckland City, who consistently dominate the competition. After putting up a fight and losing only 1-0 in the first leg, the second leg was probably one of the craziest games I'd seen on FM. Even at a 5-3 scoreline, there were so many missed chances form both sides.

Auckland ended up winning the final easily, but after the season in New Zealand ended, their manager resigned! I took this opportunity right away despite being in the middle of the FA Cup, and they offered me an interview, which went very well. I packed my bags, bought my plane ticket to Auckland and got on the plane when...

What? This is a joke right? It was all set up so perfectly.

But, for every door that closes, one opens, and that's exactly what happened, because the manager that took the Auckland position left from Eastern Suburbs, who finished second and will be playing in the OCL next year too, and even though we beat them in the group stage, they had a much stronger squad. So after leaving Navua with a thank you gift in terms of another FA Cup Trophy, my 4th trophy with the club, the plane lifted off and I was fine, because I knew I'd only have to drive 30 minutes further to get to my new destination.

Job Offer - Hiring

Morocco.jpg

2018 - Morocco

Appointment - Fixtures (so far)

A huge step up from my previous international job, but everyone has to start somewhere I guess. Morocco have a very good squad and already some very good looking regens coming through, so it should be interesting.

Season  |      Team      |   Country   |         League         | Pos. | DC1 | DC2 | DC3 | CC |           Notes            |      Pesonal Awards      |
  2016       Tvaakers IF      Sweden       First Division South    9th    R2    --    --    --  Took over in 10th; Left role   August Coach of Month 
2016/2017     ES Zarzis       Tunisia            League 1          4th    --    --    --    --  Took over in 5th ; Resigned              -
  2017        FC Navua         Fiji      National Football League  1st    W     F     SF    --    Took over before season                -
  2018        FC Navua         Fiji      National Football League   -     W     W     --    SF    Left role after FA Cup                 -
2018/2019  Eastern Suburbs  New Zealand        Premiership 

Season  |     Team     |     Tournament Qualifier     | Cont. Tournament | World Tournament
  2017    Hong Kong U-23 Won U-23 Asian Cup Qual. Group        N/A                N/A
  2018       Morocco                   --                      N/A                N/A

Club Career Stats:   
  Tvaakers IF   - P:13 W:7  D:4 L:2 GF:16 GA:10 GD:6  Days in Charge:110 
   ES Zarzis    - P:8  W:4  D:3 L:1 GF:10 GA:3  GD:7  Days in Charge:61
   FC Navua     - P:44 W:29 D:8 L:7 GF:79 GA:31 GD:48 Days in Charge:544
Eastern Suburbs -
-------------------------------------------------------------------
     Total      - P:65 W:40 D:15 L:10 GF:105 GA:44 GD:61

Interantional Career Stats:
 Hong Kong U-23 - P:6  W:5  D:0 L:1 GF:11 GA:3 GD:8
    Morocco     - P:2  W:1  D:0 L:1 GF:2  GA:5 GD:-3
--------------------------------------------------------
     Total      - P:8  W:6  D:0 L:2 GF:13 GA:8 GD:5

Trophy Cabinet:
Fijian FA Cup-2 (Navua)
Fijian NFL-1 (Navua)
Fijian CVC-1 (Navua)

Will get on this within the next week, i'm following all your saves and they're so interesting, good to see different nations becoming a part of this, i'm planning on loading random countries across the globe and seeing where it takes me

So I clicked on random leagues and applied to all, ending up with 4 job interviews from clubs in the DR Congo, fortunately this league is a professional league so it looks like i'm starting off with some decent football. Problem is, is that i know DR Congo has a couple of very strong clubs, infact some of the best clubs in Africa in Vita Club and TP Mazembe so i know i'll have a lot of work on my hands to be successful.

I accepted an offer at OC Muungano, the club has absolutely no staff, all regens and seems pretty awful. The DR Congo seems to work like the Premier Division is split into 3 groups, i will be able to update as things go along.

muungano.png

3 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

So I clicked on random leagues and applied to all, ending up with 4 job interviews from clubs in the DR Congo, fortunately this league is a professional league so it looks like i'm starting off with some decent football. Problem is, is that i know DR Congo has a couple of very strong clubs, infact some of the best clubs in Africa in Vita Club and TP Mazembe so i know i'll have a lot of work on my hands to be successful.

I accepted an offer at OC Muungano, the club has absolutely no staff, all regens and seems pretty awful. The DR Congo seems to work like the Premier Division is split into 3 groups, i will be able to update as things go along.

muungano.png

Best of luck!

2 hours ago, TurtleNick said:

Best of luck!

Thanks, going well so far, even though signing staff is near impossible, managed to get some Congolese Veterans to add a bit of strength to the squad.

P.S, i'm a bit of an idiot on setting out my things in the way you guys have, how do you set out the table with the achievements lists on all your posts?

5 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

P.S, i'm a bit of an idiot on setting out my things in the way you guys have, how do you set out the table with the achievements lists on all your posts?

You use the code button and type it in there, believe me, it took a long time for me to figure that out.

Muungano 2016/17

Managing in the DR Congo is a very difficult experience. The good thing is there are no foreign player limits, so i can sign who i want. However the only players worth signing are Congolese veterans from 35-39 years old.

Like i explained in the first post, The DR Congo premier league is split into 3 groups of 8 or 10, I was in Group B, which turned out to be the easiest group by far, which i managed to top with a very strong record https://gyazo.com/bced709855cc603319c2ddcb203756d9

This meant i qualified for the Champions Playoff, basically a group of 8 of the top teams from the 3 groups. This meant i now had to face African giants TP Mazembe and Vita Club, teams i couldn't stand a chance against.

Basically I got destroyed https://gyazo.com/f8a85a8c494878428fd67f5643fdd206

Moving forward, i reluctantly agreed a new contract, i didn't really want to as i'm so far behind the other DR Congo teams, however they sent me the contract offer early on, and i had just signed Shola Ameobi on a free on £900 a week, about 700 more than my 2nd highest player. A player of his calibre at my team could be a good sign for next season so i'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

No international management as of yet, reputation is far too small 

muungano.png

2 hours ago, oohlala111 said:

Good luck @Sankalan, unlucky in the final stage @ryanlion28 but Ameobi is a great signing! Just finishing my 3rd season now, and I have an announcement- I have an international job! More on that later though... 

@oohlala111 Interested to see which job you get! Also a cup started after the league season ended, and for some reason i took no involvement in it, have no idea why and think it could be a bug

Anayjit Kautilya is back!

BKV8LoT.png

A bit of determination and knows what goalkeeping is. Born in Kolkata, supports Barcelona. Will look for a job in Indian top flight to get started on the legendary Giant 70 challenge

(India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Vietnam, Myanmar loaded)

Now, onto the first job. While India would have been the first choice, it is not often that the second in a national first league is managerless. Dhaka is closer to Kolkata than Delhi anyway...

7jAPIRe.png

9Hwmsb7.png

So where are we going?

8OXJJmQ.png

A club with a history, one would say

BsWyVa1.png

Would basically want to make both those numbers 4 before leaving.

Here is how the league table looks at the start of the job(actually, one match into the job)

3jFpnWX.png

Just one mportant match we have, and that is the one against Mohamedan Dhaka. Win it and the league is ours(or so I think)

Atleast I won't leave empty handed

23159490.png

first things first: I won't be a badgeless coach for much longer:

cXZ9ZhL.png

I said that there was a single important match, and when we won it:

053D7RT.png

Focus on 'retain'

NPxdAdm.png

Unbeaten tenure here. and the final table:

wB04hra.png

The season ended pretty fast, in fact this screenshot ws taken after all my players had gone on holiday, while the league was yet to conclude.

Another screenie:

QoxlLc8.png

Not much to remember there, this is an entirely semi-pro league, so hopefully will manage better players in my career

Season			Club						Nation						Achievements								Comments
2016			Sheikh Jamal Dhanmodi				Bangladesh					League won								Start off!!!

Trophies won:
1/25 Leagues

Team Wellington Logo.jpg

Team Wellington 2018/19

Fixtures League Table | Transfers

I had high hopes when taking charge of this team. The previous manager had left to take charge of Auckland City, leaving me to pick up the pieces. Considering everything, including Auckland City's dominance of country and continent, we didn't actually do that bad. Here is my review of the season...

New Zealand Premiership

Board Expectation: Reach semi-finals

My Expectaton: Reach final and/or avoid Auckland City

Result: Final

We had a good, strong campaign, dropping points a few times but nothing to cause any particular concern. Hawke's Bay hadn't won at all vs us since the start of the save but they became one of two bogey teams, beating me in a friendly and doing the double over me in the league. We also lost both times in the league stage to Canterbury Utd, but made amends in the semi-final where I rang the changes tactics-wise and 2 early goals helped us on our way into the final. Ultimately, Auckland City would always be too strong for us and they proved that with a 4-2 win in the final. We remained unbeaten against the reigning O-League champions in the league stage but we lacked in practically every department, sending our fans home disappointed once more. Not to be disheartened though, as we still had a good chance in the O-League- providing we could get past, you guessed it, Auckland City...

Oceania Champions League

Board Expectation: Reach final

My Expectation: Reach final, although it would be great to win it

Result: Final

We were handed a relatively easy group and, as expected, qualified easily for the semi-finals. Three wins out of three, all of them good wins- especially this thriller where we went 4-0 up in the first 12 minutes. My old club, Solomon Warriors, only finished 2nd but they still did very well. They even lifted the Telekom S-League without me too!! One interesting thing to note from Solomon Warriors' group is that the 3rd placed team in the group only came 3rd from a random draw; everything was so close that they couldn't split the two without one! Anyway, back to Team Wellington. We were drawn against fellow New Zealanders Eastern Suburbs, who we overcame with two 3-2 victories (6-4 aggregate) to book our place in the final! Unfortunately, the only side not from New Zealand left in the competition, Amicale, proved no match for Auckland City so it would be a repeat of the 2017/18 final where Team Wellington beat Auckland away 1-0 before throwing it away at home by losing 2-0. The first leg away from home couldn't have started worse as NZ Premiership Player of The Year De Vries got on the scoresheet after only 1 minute. We were more resolute at the back after that, holding on for a narrow 1-0 loss although it could've been 4-0 or 5-0 in a game in which we had 0 shots on target during the whole 90 minutes and Barcia got a red card after 74 mins .We went into the 2nd leg at home knowing we had to win by two goals or face elimination or, at the very least, extra time.

That red card in the first leg definitely didn't help us in the 2nd leg as we conceded in the 27th minute. We never really got into the game to be honest- Auckland City dominated throughout and I must say they definitely deserved their win and henceforth their NINTH- yes, NINTH (9th)- consecutive O-League title. It's gonna take something special to beat the New Zealand giants. We left the competition with our heads held high, knowing we still did very well and we can take comfort in the fact we lost both times to the eventual champions (obviously, because we lost in the final both times) and that any team would find it hard to beat Auckland City. I'm seriously considering my future at the club, what with Auckland City's dominance, and I'm wondering whether to move to Africa or Asia to build up experience,  win a domestic cup,  get a couple of league titles under my belt and potentially challenge for a continental trophy. You'll have to wait and see for now as I ponder what I should do!!

International Management

Finally, after three seasons of begging with the FAs of several different countries, I have landed myself an international job offer. It's not exotic (unless you consider tourism and weather) and they certainly aren't capable of challenging for trophies yet. The capital city is Abu Dhabi, and the country is...

UAE flag.png                                     

United Arab Emirates 2019

That's right! I am now the manager of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and before Asian World Cup Qualifiers begin this summer (I know, they start really early in Asia to get everything in!) I played two friendlies...

Match 1: Bahrain 2-0 U.A.E Bahrain were the heavy favourites for this one and we failed to cause an upset. I wasn't too disheartened although it was a shame to lose on my international debut. Never mind then, onto friendly #2. 

Match 2Turkmenistan 0-2 U.A.E This time, we were expected to win and my new tactic proved very successful as we ran out 2-0 winners over Turkmenistan. Despite Turkmenistan arguably having the better match stats, we won the stat that mattered- goals. A very pleasing win.

Anyway, moving on. Our Asian WCQ group has been drawn, and we are in group 8 with 4 other teams. First place from a round robin involving 8 games qualifies for the third round although out of the 8 teams coming 2nd, the 4 with the best record against the teams in 1st, 3rd and 4th go through. Out of all the teams in our group, we have the 3rd highest world ranking so our aim has to be to try and get second. If the qualifying campaign works like in real life, then the teams first in each group  qualify for the Asian Cup proper, as do the four teams with the best record that came 2nd in the group. The teams that come 2nd and aren't one of the best-placed teams, as well as the teams in 3rd and 4th, qualify for the Asian Cup 3rd qualifying round. The team that comes last goes into the Asian Cup qualifying play-off round so, if it does indeed work like in real life, you still get a chance to get into the Asian Cup no matter where you finish. The Asian WCQ works two ways as WC Qualifiers and Asian Cup Qualifiers too...

There's an away friendly coming up against Bangladesh soon but for now our focus is on trying to qualify for the third round of the AFC WCQ although even if we did, there's still a long way to go. You have to play a 10 game round robin in one of two groups, with the top two qualifying for the World Cup outright and third place going into the 4th round. If you come third, you have to beat the team that came third in the other group over two legs before going into the inter-continental play-offs where you play two legs against the team that came fourth in the marathon that is CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying (also known as South American WCQ). Therefore, you could easily be facing teams like Chile, Uruguay and Colombia in that match. Basically, your best bet is to come in the top two in round three- the last Asian team to reach the inter-continental playoffs- Jordan- were brushed aside by Uruguay 0-0; 5-0 to book the South American outfit's place in the tournament. Best of luck to us then! :p 

Right, enough rambling on from me. As we will be- or have been, depending on where you live- welcoming the New Year, let me wish you a very happy New Year and may all your wishes come true and resolutions be successful in 2017. One of my resolutions is to play less more FM17, as well as getting more fit (eating healthier, exercising more) although I doubt that will happen! Well, have a great time celebrating and I will see you soon for a rundown of Season 4! (Unless I get a new club by then- watch this space!)

oohlala111 :)

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won   |
2016/17  | Solomon Warriors | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | N/A (didn't qualify) | League Title   |
2017/18  | Solomon Warriors | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | Semi-finalists       | League Title   |
2018/19  | Team Wellington  | 2nd        | Yes (2nd in league)  | Finalists            | None           |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team                       | Tourn. qual    | World ranking (end of season) | Trophies won    |
2016/17 | N/A                        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team)                 | N/A (no team)   |
2017/18 | N/A                        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team)                 | N/A (no team)   |
2018/19 | United Arab Emirates       | N/A (no quals) | 102nd                         | None (no qual)

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (Solomon Islands x2)
0/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

No Cup is too small, if you can take them all

23159490.png

As the new season started, There was the Independence Cup to play

w9o7ndO.png

12 teams participate, as you can figure out

After this there was the federation cup to play, but there was also a vacancy at East bengal, who were going to play in the Indian Federation Cup Final in a weeks time. Seeing an opportunity to Vike* that competition, I resigned and applied there. Lets see what time holds 

*See UFMC Thread

2017			Sheikh Jamal Dhanmodi				Bangladesh					Independence Cup						First Cup!!!

Trophies won:
1/25 Leagues
1/25 Cups(1 country)

25 minutes ago, ryanlion28 said:

Commiserations on the Final defeat @oohlala111, Auckland always seem to be the team to beat in Oceania

Agreed- I just wish their board had appointed me instead!! No interesting offers have come up so I will probably stay another year in Wellington before moving on unless a very good job appears...

Home, sweet home

130637.png

I did not vike the FA cup, not that it mattered.

xXQR7sR.png

KQ6Bjnu.png

I am basically just retracing my footsteps, so no map needed.

FUnJVjT.png

A lot here. But the biggest  number, 37, will never grow, because The calcutta premier division is not simulated in FM(why???). The ASEAN club championship is defunct, and the ONGC Super cup and Indian Fed cup are useless to me. That leaves out two competitions, and I hope that I can win both.

The first one is Osians Durand Cup

ULO1WcJ.png

This match did not matter, apart from the fact that it was my first defeat as a manager

vBb4ht7.png

This match mattered, AND we lost it

8J9pUYS.png

The two reds...

Now we move on to the league.

If you ask anyone from Kolkata, Ther will tell you that there are only two Football matches worth watching. One is between Argentina and Brazil, the other one being the Kolkata Derby. We had two opportunities this year:

7s6gb2F.png

Ufa8kc4.png

Seems 21 year old Kautilya could not hold his nerve.

But the league...

VAXpxi9.png

Yeah!!!

We got our revenge. One thing you will notice though is that our recent form shows poor results, unlike in Bangladesh.  Actually we should have cruised to the title, but made heavy weather of it.

MhYcrGH.png

To end the season:

EJk9w2p.png

Whatever

In the mean time:

MEkgVd2.png

QatZBHM.png

JxeApVM.png

2017			Sheikh Jamal Dhanmodi				Bangladesh					Independence Cup						First Cup!!!
2017/18			East Bengal FC						India						League Won								Home League!!!

Trophies won:
2/25 Leagues
1/25 Cups(1 country)

muungano.png

Mid Season Update:

https://gyazo.com/993777ee018dbd68c8ec1327ad3c3985 - I Quit

The team just got worse, even though in my opinion i improved the squad, we were nowhere near to qualifying for the 'playoff' league thing, where we'd get battered anyway so I thought it was best to resign.

The eagle eyed amongst you will see on the screenshot that i am France U21's manager. Was surprised to get such a good job, and am aiming to qualify for the Euros with them, which I obviously aim to win.

Where next? who knows. Maybe it's best to just go to Oceania and get some league titles in the bag for this challenge.

Season:                     Club:                                    Position:

2016/17 -                   Muungano                                 7th in Champions Playoff

2017/18                     Muungano/France U21s                     Resigned from Muungano in 7th in the first league stage

Trophies won:
0/25 Leagues
0/25 Cups

Bangkok_United_logo.png

I am proud to announce I have stepped away from Central Africa and travelled all the way to South-East Asia to Thailand.

Bangkok United are a decent side, they came 2nd in 2016, qualifying for the champions league. (Got eliminated in the round before the group stage)

bangkok.png

I will be looking to build these up and win the league. Unfortunately the Finances are in pretty awful shape atm, so it's gonna be a tough one

When expectations fail, expect the unexpected

130637.png

I stayed here only for the durand cup, surely, we cannot lose it a second time

iszzuYF.png

Why???

Mohameddan took its revenge(it is the Indian counterpart that plays in I league 2)

Mayanmar's best team finished third in the league and the manager got the sack. I did not have the patience to wait another year for the Durand cup another year se decided to apply for that Job. The main issue in asia is that only Four foreigners are allowed in the first team, so the best bet is to have the best players of the country play for you. But this was not happening because of reputation(bug?)

I mean, figure this

Sunil chhetri, the best striker of the country, was not even ready to enter contract discussions with us, the second best club in I-league. He waited( for whom?) for six months and the retired.

Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, an upcoming goalkeeper, playing in the Danish league, also refused to enter discussions after they accepted a tranfer offer. At the end of the season, when he was free for six months and we were national champions, he still refused to enter discussions.

Subrata paul, best goalkeeper of country, contracted to Bengaluru(best team of country), same story.

Myanmar would be a step down in league reputation but up in club reputation.  

But there was another competition, one that I never mentioned though it was going on since last season, chiefly because I was not expecting to get anywhere close to winning it.

Though I did not vike the Fed cup, East bengal did win it. So we were in the AFC Cup

This had happened in the previous season:

X4lgED9.png

and this happened this season

6od4b3O.png

Had the Myanmar job been offered to me,I would have left before the Semi finals, but I did not get it(despite being favourite) so this...

And now, I have my first continental cup!!!

Special mention Bengaluru, who made it to the Semis as well

2017/18			East Bengal FC					India						League Won								Home League!!!
2018/19			East Bengal FC					India						AFC Cup Won								

Players to Remember:Helder Postiga

Trophies won:
2/25 Leagues
1/25 Cups(1 country)
1/9 Continental Cups

Congratulations on the AFC Cup win @Sankalan, however I think only the Asian Champions League counts towards the challenge in terms of Asian cup competitions by looking at what @TheEarl said on the first post.

Got to admit i'm struggling with FM17, ive stuck with FM14 for 3 years so it's taking me a long time to adapt

Congrats @Sankalan but ryanlion is right, only Asian Champions League counts :( Still a good achievement though and one for the CV! I am struggling with FM17 a little bit but I'm still achieving things and winning games. Season 4 is beginning with the Charity Cup (New Zealand's Community Shield) very shortly and hopefully I will have this season finished by the end of the week :) 

It's a shame the Gulf Cup of Nations isn't on the list 'cause we're in that this winter with the UAE :p 

Well, I may as well give this a crack. I'll give reports of how I get on in a narrative style.

------------------

It had started as a joke amongst my mates. We had went down the pub on a Friday night and one of us had suggested applying for random managerial roles in tiny Pacific Islands. So I tried it, and went on the official Papuan National Soccer League website. There were email addresses for each of the clubs, and I sent all of them a message asking whether they would like a new manager, before listing my Sunday League achievements. Amazingly I actually got a reply from some of them.

Morobe United realised that my application was a hoax, but still sent back a reply saying they were honoured by my interest. Madang Fox took it more seriously but even they refused to sponsor me for a visa. FC Port Moresby, on the other hand, offered me a visa, and a house. I was shocked, but it seemed they thought that my lowly Sunday League was a major competition in England. I didn't want to be scammed so I asked the club if there were any costs I would have to pay, and they admitted that they could not afford to pay my flights.

My family said I was crazy, my friends said I was crazy, and even my boss said I was crazy. Luckily, I work an office job that you can do from home, and FC Port Moresby promised me internet access, so my boss decided to keep me on, as I would not be managing full time.

I decided to save up for the cost, and two months later I flew long haul via Dubai and Hong Kong. As I flew in, I realised that I was officially a football manager.

220px-FC_Port_Moresby_Logo.jpg

After the flight, I walked to the stadium where I was greeted by the owner, Job Ponis Gule. He invited me into the very impressive ground, the Sir John Guise Stadium. Unfortunately, the team did not play there regularly, instead opting to play at a smaller ground locally. Mr. Gule implored me to make use of young talent, and then handed me over to my assistant, Tony Bayung.

Tony told it pretty straight, the club have some major problems. The team do not have a goalkeeper, and there is a leadership void. What's more, he explained the format of the league, "If you lose even one or two games, you are going to struggle, because you only play ten games. The top two teams from each of the divisions play off for the championship."

The last thing to do was to speak to the press. They pushed me on the goalkeeper issue, and then asked me whether I planned on selling Valentine Posman, who was my best player by far. I had already had a chat with Valentine and had encouraged him to stay, so I made clear to the press that Posman was staying, and that was non-negotiable. Needless to say, the press scrambled after that!

I had a kick about with the team on the training ground to introduce myself, and my players seemed to like me. Fortunately the language barrier wasn't too severe, as many of the players spoke English and even the ones who didn't speak English could communicate with the ones who did. The Under-21s proved an easy team to beat, and we crushed them 4-1.

Join me next time to see how my first few games went!

13 hours ago, oohlala111 said:

Congrats @Sankalan but ryanlion is right, only Asian Champions League counts :( Still a good achievement though and one for the CV! I am struggling with FM17 a little bit but I'm still achieving things and winning games. Season 4 is beginning with the Charity Cup (New Zealand's Community Shield) very shortly and hopefully I will have this season finished by the end of the week :) 

It's a shame the Gulf Cup of Nations isn't on the list 'cause we're in that this winter with the UAE :p 

It was a choice whether to bring in even more competitions or not, but at the time it seemed 70 competitions was more than enough, still great progress by everyone here.

I sturggled my self, though I would play a lot during the holidays but ended up just starting over a few times without finding my proper way to start. Come February I will have some time of work and plenty of time to play FM17. Still good luck to everyone :)

24 minutes ago, Sankalan said:

Sigh, when I saw that Europa league, Copa Sudamericana and even African confed cup was in, I assumed Asian Cup would also be.

Sorry, honestly didnt know about this competition, but then I wanted it to be 70 comps for the name of the challenge also ;)

Bangkok_United_logo.png

Thailand football is a big step up for me as a manager in comparison to the DR Congo. The league is all professional and there are a lot of decent players.

Bangkok United were expected to finish high up and my goal was to win a piece of silverware, the issue was however my board are extremely tight and whilst the big teams were spending, I wasn't, this proved a problem in signing big Thai players early on. (You're only allowed 3 foreigners in the starting XI)

The League

league.png

Muangthong are an extremely strong team in Thailand, competing in the Asian Champions league, i unfortunately was nowhere near either them or Buiram United, though I placed one above pre season expectations, so i didn't perform badly at all

FA Cup

A good run in this tournament lead me to the Semi Final where i was drawn against the giants Muangthong United. A close game ended with a 2-1 defeat to end the season left me gutted as  we could've won this game and the other team in the final weren't a premier league side, a real opportunity missed here.

League Cup

Disappointing here. Lost in the 2nd round to the team that finished 17th/18th in our league, another missed opportunity.

France U21's

I won every game in Euro Qualifying and have qualified for the main tournament next summer. I have an extremely strong squad at my disposal and my aim is to win the Euros.

The Future

I'm happy to stay in Thailand on the off chance i manage to get the Muangthong or Buiram job, however i think Bangkok are too far behind financially, still, i'm positive i'll be able to get a decent job if i choose to resign.

2016/17 -                   Muungano                                 7th in Champions Playoff

2017/18                     Muungano/France U21s                     Resigned from Muungano in 7th in the first league stage

2017/18 -                   Bangkok United                           4th

Trophies won:
0/25 Leagues
0/25 Cups

If you cannot move from I dia to China, move to Indo-China

5627025.png

The route:

dQ3S4kn.png

Surely there is a smaller route? Well, on the positives, I get to take a look at China

So, after India, I moved to Vietnam, where the best club had ended up second and fired their manager. No long story here:

The first competition of the season is the Mekong Club Championship, which is a mini champions league of South east Asia:

hBTtYHe.png

Easily done. Next up, continental competitions:

g7oH4wk.png

Yadanarbon was a great match, but overall, not important. Onto the cup:

mPkxjT8.png

Rough times, but it counts. 

Finally the league,

FA5u26g.png

k2TviJh.png

So, all won. Hoping to get to China soon.

2017/18			East Bengal FC					India						League Won								Home League!!!
2018/19			East Bengal FC					India						AFC Cup Won					
2019			Binh Duong					Vietnam						League Cup Double

Players to Remember:Helder Postiga

Trophies won:
3/25 Leagues
2/25 Cups(1 country)

Going to start this challenge now i think :D

After having my 'Ultimate Challenge' save get corrupted when i was 1 cup away from completing the challenge in the quickest time, i need another long term challenge now that ive got FM17.

Using my knowledge of what happened when i completed the Ultimate Challenge, in that i changed teams well too much resulting in huge issues towards the end ive decided to spend less time switching teams and more time developing my reputation in the game first.

So, with that, i started in the English Leagues and have now taken over the Boston United job. Predicted to finish in the Playoffs, they are currently sitting in the relegations so i got an interview and managed to get the job.

Hopefully i can start with a promotion + FA Vase Trophy in the next couple of seasons.

Onwards and upwards!

Mid Season Update

European U21 Championships - France U21's.

With the Thai season running from March to November i had a big international tournament with France. Whilst this doesn't go towards the challenge, being involved in this with a big nation will hopefully boost my reputation if I do well.

My aim is to win the competition, with an extremely talented squad including Kingsley Coman, Lucas, Moussa Dembele, Jeff Reine-Adelaide

The Group Stages

Spoiler

France U21's 2-0 Italy U21's - A deserved victory in what I believed to be the toughest group game, Italy barely threatened and Reine-Adelaide and a regen named Mutombo bagged the goals 

France 2-0 Switzerland - This game we didn't perform anywhere near our best, but came through in the end with 2 defenders bagging our goals, Abdou Diallo and a regen named Herault

France 1-1 Turkey U21's - A nervy affair with Lucas bagging a goal in the 86th minute to put us ahead but Turkey equalised in the 90th minute but a point was enough to put us into the next round.

Semi Final (if applicable) 

Spoiler

France U21's 3-1 Italy U21's - Italy were the best placed 2nd team in the 3 groups and we got paired with them again, i was confident but this game was a lot tougher, however we still deserved our victory and it was onto the final where we'd face our toughest opponents Germany

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

France 0-1 Germany U21's - Gutting, we deserved to beat them but i think having greyed out players as the German national teams do did boost their fitness a bit where as we struggled. They did have about 6 regens though, I'm pretty annoyed as winning would have been great but losing to Germany I can't really have any complaints

The Future:

Spoiler

I'm going to resign immediately, whether i won or lost this would be the same. I want a senior job in Africa or Asia where i have a good chance of winning a continental tournament.

703269d1415563701-boston-united-ill-pick

Season 2016-2017:

So, i started off thinking of what leagues to start and after thinking my old save through doing a challenge similar (But starting in Belarus on that save) i decided to start in the English leagues. Knowing id have a lower league team to start with, my thinking is that because the lower league english teams are well situated, it means i can gain my Coaching Qualifications quickly, plus a promotion or 2 can jump me to a championship team (Or premier league if im REALLY lucky).

Anyway, so i waited a few months and saw a couple of VNN/VNS teams with spots available, the best choice looked to be Boston United, who after predicted top 6, were floundering in the relegation battle. After an application i was given the job and told to try to get as far up the table as much as possible.

When i started, i started looking into a couple of youth players to bring in as my squad was threadbare and needed cover. I used a 3-1-3-1-2 formation, with 3 CBs and a covering DM.

My formation was a bit unorthodox, so it took a bit of a while to move up the league but once my formation was picked up, towards the end of the season, i started putting together a run of results that left me 13th in the league, very safe from relegation.

League Table

Transfers

Fixtures

Season 2017-2018:

Starting the season off with most of the previous team from the last season + my formation 'Mastered' got me off to a flier with 8 wins on the trot.

Hazeldine and Allassani who i brought in the previous year were the catalyst for a massive championship push. They scored 42 between them (As well as 24 assists) and kept my pressure up over the entire season.

I was more focused on finances this season as i knew that if i was to win promotion, i needed the money to push the board to go full time and to have the budget needed to hopefully push for another promotion straight off the bat.

After an easier season where my training/coaches have come in really useful, i ended up with a main squad that were considered Decent Vanarama National players, as well as bringing in a couple of older, experienced players after xmas as backups to keep my push for the league strong, with 10 games left i was 5 points clear but then some key games going for me and i ended up running away with the league.

Champions, promotions and bigger things beckon. Ive already started upgrading my youth facilities and Training facilities, Im also underway with my Continental B coaching license having done the previous 4 in 2 seasons.

Im planning to stay a year or 2 more at Boston, to try to win the FA Trophy and get one more promotion before looking up the table at bigger clubs and looking towards the premiership. Hopefully all goes well.

League Table

Transfers

Fixtures

Finances

17 hours ago, andychar said:

I've made my manager my age and not the youngest possible.

Can I still get involved in this?

The rules state to make the manager the youngest possible. Any particular reason you didn't do this? I don't think its very important, but its more that everyone starts on equal terms. (Also it means that the start of this challenge could be made cross-reference playable with Ultimate Football Manager Challenge if you want.)

But if its very important for you to have a certain age, I will allow it ;)

4 hours ago, Wheresmyspacebar! said:

703269d1415563701-boston-united-ill-pick

Season 2016-2017:

So, i started off thinking of what leagues to start and after thinking my old save through doing a challenge similar (But starting in Belarus on that save) i decided to start in the English leagues. Knowing id have a lower league team to start with, my thinking is that because the lower league english teams are well situated, it means i can gain my Coaching Qualifications quickly, plus a promotion or 2 can jump me to a championship team (Or premier league if im REALLY lucky).

Anyway, so i waited a few months and saw a couple of VNN/VNS teams with spots available, the best choice looked to be Boston United, who after predicted top 6, were floundering in the relegation battle. After an application i was given the job and told to try to get as far up the table as much as possible.

When i started, i started looking into a couple of youth players to bring in as my squad was threadbare and needed cover. I used a 3-1-3-1-2 formation, with 3 CBs and a covering DM.

My formation was a bit unorthodox, so it took a bit of a while to move up the league but once my formation was picked up, towards the end of the season, i started putting together a run of results that left me 13th in the league, very safe from relegation.

League Table

Transfers

Fixtures

Season 2017-2018:

Starting the season off with most of the previous team from the last season + my formation 'Mastered' got me off to a flier with 8 wins on the trot.

Hazeldine and Allassani who i brought in the previous year were the catalyst for a massive championship push. They scored 42 between them (As well as 24 assists) and kept my pressure up over the entire season.

I was more focused on finances this season as i knew that if i was to win promotion, i needed the money to push the board to go full time and to have the budget needed to hopefully push for another promotion straight off the bat.

After an easier season where my training/coaches have come in really useful, i ended up with a main squad that were considered Decent Vanarama National players, as well as bringing in a couple of older, experienced players after xmas as backups to keep my push for the league strong, with 10 games left i was 5 points clear but then some key games going for me and i ended up running away with the league.

Champions, promotions and bigger things beckon. Ive already started upgrading my youth facilities and Training facilities, Im also underway with my Continental B coaching license having done the previous 4 in 2 seasons.

Im planning to stay a year or 2 more at Boston, to try to win the FA Trophy and get one more promotion before looking up the table at bigger clubs and looking towards the premiership. Hopefully all goes well.

League Table

Transfers

Fixtures

Finances

Congrats on promotion @Wheresmyspacebar!

Bangkok_United_logo.png

Season 2019: 

Premier League

The Thai premier league this year had 3 teams pushing all the way for the title, us, Muangthong United and Buiram... 3 very strong teams, eventually Muangthong were playing catch up due to a heavy fixture schedule for them being in the Champions League and Singapore Cup which is invitational. Every time Buiram dropped points at the top, so did we, it was one of the most frustrating seasons i've ever had, as i believe we were equal to Buiram. 

League Table - We bottled it, right towards the end of the season we failed to beat teams low down in the table and Buiram deservedly took the title, gutting being so close.

FA Cup

A pretty nice run for us lead us to the final where we played Muangthong United - i think the winner earns a champions league spot so it was a massive game for us and was a final opportunity for success after the league let down.

Fa Cup Final -  Another bottle, heartbreaking that we ended up with no silverware again this season, really hard ending to take after we played so well all year.

The League Cup was a fail as we got knocked out in the first round.

I did win Manager of the Year though which shows I may have done as well as possible, but it's still gutting being so close.

So, a year of just missing out on the title, losing a FA Cup final and losing in the Final of the European U21 Championships - GREAT

2018 -                   Bangkok United/France U21s                              4th

2019                     Bangkok United/France U21s                           2nd, Fa Cup final defeat, Euro U21 Final defeat

Archived