FM 2017 in-game editor - new features

PMLF

The in-game editor has some nice new features too:

Since its introduction in Football Manager 2014, the In-Game Editor has been a popular addition to the FM player’s toolkit. As with all elements of the game, ideas and feedback from our community often gives us inspiration to add new functionality and features.

For FM 2017, we’ve added the option to give a player a transfer value when you move him between clubs. When you move players this way the game will react as if the transfer had happened organically, including agent fees as well as fees relating to the player’s current contract. These moves are affected by your board restrictions though, so if you’re working under ‘lower fee retained from your transfers’ conditions you’ll only see a percentage of the sale rather than the full amount… something to bear in mind when moving players out of your club.

Previous versions of the In-Game Editor have only allowed for the movement of manager from club to club, but from this year national team managers can be moved too. This feature applies to both your own in-game profile as well as the AI managers, so you are free to appoint yourself as manager of any national team that takes your fancy.

We’ve also added the option to select all players in your club (including youth and reserve) when performing tasks such as removing bans and injuries or changing morale and happiness, which can be useful when you have issues affecting the entire club. Previously these tasks would have had to be carried out on a ‘player by player’ basis.

Other improvements include the ability to edit reputations for reserve teams in competitive leagues, edit monthly loan fees, move a player on a loan deal (not just a transfer) and change the condition of stadiums. Finally, we’ve made a number of general usability improvements too.

4 minutes ago, guneri gundogdu said:

wasnt this free when you order the game before the launch date? I bought the game 2 weeks ago and today updated to full version but the in-game editor didnt come with. and I cant buy it neither. there is no buy button or something in the download page. anyone experiencing the same issue?

in game editor was never free. the pre game editor or whatever its called has always been

We’ve also added the option to select all players in your club (including youth and reserve) when performing tasks such as removing bans and injuries or changing morale and happiness

Can you do this only to your team? For example if I want to mass edit my opponent team hapiness/fitness, I have to do it one by one like in 2016? Or I can also "mass edit" hapinness/Fitness" on other teams too?

15 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

of interest how much is it this year and

Are you able to edit league tables

Sub rules and prize money for comps

and can you amend/add injuries

Cheers

5 Euro. Nothing from this list you can do.

Anyone know how much the ingame editor is to buy in pounds?  I want to add all the funds into my steam wallet before I buy the whole game as I always end up with a spare few pence after getting the editor because of the minimum amount you can add to your wallet.  It shouldn't bother me as it's only a few pennies but it does!! :lol:

58 minutes ago, JB22 said:

Anyone know how much the ingame editor is to buy in pounds?  I want to add all the funds into my steam wallet before I buy the whole game as I always end up with a spare few pence after getting the editor because of the minimum amount you can add to your wallet.  It shouldn't bother me as it's only a few pennies but it does!! :lol:

I think it's about 4-5 pounds

I bought the in game editor and it shows installed in Steam. However, when I start a new game (or a saved game), the editor doesn't show up. Never had this issue with 2015 or 2016. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Glenn Nickols said:

Hi, I have it installed and working - but can I remove it.....its too tempting to abuse.....

You can hide it in the preferences -->interface -->show in-game editor

8 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Will buying the Editor allow you to Change all Names & Badges to the proper ones with one Download? And how much impact does it have on how many leagues you can play?

I don't think you can change the badges with the editor 

Just now, Garethjohn79 said:

What about names for Clubs & Leagues can you download something that will change them to the proper names? 

I know for sure you can definitely in the pre game editor but I'm not 100% sure with the in game editor 

2 hours ago, Garethjohn79 said:

What about names for Clubs & Leagues can you download something that will change them to the proper names? 

Can't be discussed here, but you will find answers with google.

can you heal , clear unhappiness for only one player not for all players? In club details can you increase budget ,wages , stadium capacity,  and add sponsors?

I already started a game , anyway to use it with the saved game?

Edited by mali

For FM 2017, we’ve added the option to give a player a transfer value when you move him between clubs. When you move players this way the game will react as if the transfer had happened organically, including agent fees as well as fees relating to the player’s current contract.

There is no adding/removing agent fees, or fees relating to player contract that you can change as you move players in/out of clubs using the ingame editor, this is false information.

PS. I'd love to see options where you can add an injury to a player. Besides the above.

Edited by Guest
Added information.

On 11/4/2016 at 05:36, guneri gundogdu said:

Thats what Im doing, but there is no button to buy it

Untitled.png

I have this exact problem. Anyone having a solution?

I restarted Steam several times. When it's blurry I can see it (Buy button, with price mentioned) through, then when its visible it's gone.

19 hours ago, mcswifty said:

For FM 2017, we’ve added the option to give a player a transfer value when you move him between clubs. When you move players this way the game will react as if the transfer had happened organically, including agent fees as well as fees relating to the player’s current contract.

There is no adding/removing agent fees, or fees relating to player contract that you can change as you move players in/out of clubs using the ingame editor, this is false information.

PS. I'd love to see options where you can add an injury to a player. Besides the above.

Yes nothing comes up re agents etc

20 hours ago, mcswifty said:

Can someone from the development team shed any light at all on this?
Are the options you mention in progress of being added in a patch, or have you made a type error? :)
And is there a plan to fix the "help" button on the IGE dropdown, so it actually links to a page with help/guide on the editor?

PS. The help button didnt link to any page with specific info on the Ingame Editor in FM16 either.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, mcswifty said:

Can someone from the development team shed any light at all on this?
Are the options you mention in progress of being added in a patch, or have you made a type error? :)
And is there a plan to fix the "help" button on the IGE dropdown, so it actually links to a page with help/guide on the editor?

PS. The help button didnt link to any page with specific info on the Ingame Editor in FM16 either.

this 

also with transferring players could it be possible to make it happen at a future date not just an instant thing 

cheers

SI, you want people playing the game help you out with testing, and feedback.
Why do you not come back with some feedback to our relevant questions?

You have said:

" For FM 2017, we’ve added the option to give a player a transfer value when you move him between clubs. When you move players this way the game will react as if the transfer had happened organically, including agent fees as well as fees relating to the player’s current contract. "

Where are these options???

12 hours ago, mcswifty said:

SI, you want people playing the game help you out with testing, and feedback.
Why do you not come back with some feedback to our relevant questions?

You have said:

" For FM 2017, we’ve added the option to give a player a transfer value when you move him between clubs. When you move players this way the game will react as if the transfer had happened organically, including agent fees as well as fees relating to the player’s current contract. "

Where are these options???

when you select the transfer player option its called move to another club/or move to my club if you are managing a team

select it and search for a club when you pick club fee comes up then

Dont hold your breath on SI coming back to you...they dont even tell us what features have been added to the pre game editor:seagull:

97a7e7a667854d75e5777d4c26cfc57b.jpg

see link to online manual is working and this is it for the in game editor:rolleyes:

In-Game Editor
The Football Manager™ In-Game Editor is purchasable through Steam and allows you to make real-time edits to your saved games. Once activated, you will notice an ‘Edit’ option on various screens and in assorted Actions Menus.

The ‘Edit’ option on the Title Bar will typically allow you to edit ‘hidden’ attributes and values, such as a player’s Current and Potential Abilities. The ‘Edit’ functionality found within the ‘Actions’ menu, however (click on ‘Start Editing’), will allow you to edit a person’s profile ‘live’, as you see it. For example, a player’s attributes and biographical details will turn into editable fields whilst editing is enabled, with the values open to alteration. Once you’re happy with the amendments, click on ‘Stop Editing’ from the same ‘Actions’ menu section.