FM Killing My Mac

Hi

I played the demo of FM16 last night and found that it was really killing my Macbook which is new this year. Some of the processing in the game was very jolty but worst of all was that my macbook started whiring uncomfortably loudly which made me want to close the game down.

Has anyone else had this and are there any tips for preventing this?

Would running FM off a Mac Mini or Steam Console via the macbook screen solve this?

Hello,

Haven't had any problems with loading (I'm running 5 leagues & a medium database).

However, I am having the uncomfortable sounding whirring noise whenever the 3D match engine is running, and the machine is radiating a lot of heat at the back (where I think the fan is located).

Not sure why. I also had a freeze during the Trialist's match beginning of the season, but no freezes in Friendly's for which I've been in charge. Don't know if this was caused by overheating or what.

Running it on the newest MacBook Pro, mid range spec.

Has anyone else had this and are there any tips for preventing this?

- Try running Steam in offline mode

- check in Activity monitor on the CPU tab for processes that are having a high CPU load and kill them( if you double click a process you can kill a process)

- don't run a CPU intense task while you are playing

- I always play in fullscreen mode

Anybody else getting a "ticking" sound coming from their machine as a result of the overheating? It's like a single click every so often, usually when saving or loading games or during the matchday.

That's usually the sound of a hard drive starting to age a bit. Try work your hard drive a bit outside of FM and see if it's happens again, and backup all your important data if it does.

Archived