Gundo's FM16 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick question: when you make update posts, how do you add that career summary code that everyone has at the bottom?

If you click "Go Advanced" when you write a post you get the option to put code tag round the text. The best is to write the summary in notepad or wordpad, and then copy it in between the code tag. Always preview your post to see if it looks like how you want it.

Great season Taunton - you're a lot closer to the title than me!

No sign of going professional yet. Just about to be knocked out of the first qualifying round of the Europa League, so might mention it to the board when we get our money in and see what they say.

Not seen much of Pen-y-bont yet. No promotions for them, but I beat them in the cup once and bought my first goalkeeper from them. Great to see Afan Lido doing well in your save.

The League

A bit of a snoozefest on the field. We weren't in any danger of being relegated, but didn't put up much challenge to a European spot. We did make the semi final of the cup.

A new stadium is being built and facilities are being upgraded again.

Our backroom staff are the best in Hungary in all categories.

but the big news is..........

Újpest won a quadruple. The Hungarian Super Cup, Hungarian Cup, Division 1 and the Euro Cup.

They had massive fixture congestion in May, with 12 games and only 2 or 3 days between them.

They actually qualified for the Euro Cup knockout rounds by finishing 3rd in their champions league group.

As Újpest keep stretching further ahead in Hungary, it makes it more difficult to win the league or domestic cup, but easier to qualify for Europe with a coefficient increase and more places.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League          	  Position         Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2017/18    Tatabánya     Div II                   15th
2018/19    Tatabánya     Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2019/20    Tatabánya     Div I                    3rd
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2021/22    Cegléd        Div II                   17th
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2023/24    Veszprém      Div II                   17th
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2025/26    Veszprém      Div I                    10th
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2027/28    Baja          Div II                   17th
2028/29    Baja          Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2029/30    Baja          Div I                    9th
2030/31    Baja          Div I                    9th
2031/32    Baja          Div I                    12th             Relegated
2032/33    Baja          Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2033/34    Baja          Div I                    5th              Hungarian Cup winners
2034/35    Baja          Div I                    7th              4th in Europa group stage
2035/36    Baja          Div I                    8th

My only decent keeper and my best central defender are missing the first 5 league games and 1st cup game due to being away at the Olympics.

I feel I'm handicapped from the start this season.

Oh well, a couple of youth players get a chance.

Not easy to knock Ujpest off their perch, Fastbasher. Some challenge there. But congrats with the new stadium and hopefully you will push for a European place next season.

They stepped it up again. This season qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions Cup with 12pts. Just two losses to Juventus in the group stage.

They stepped it up again. This season qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions Cup with 12pts. Just two losses to Juventus in the group stage.

Even if it looks like you are miles away from winning the league in Hungary, you can take comfort in that when you do it is more than possible to be competetive in Europe with a hungarian team.

I think it will take a 100 years with a Welsh team:lol:

The League

Comfortably back in the Euro spots, but quite far off the top 3. Both in the league standings and individual games.

The Cup

Another semi-final. We lost to 2nd division Videoton and missed a golden opportunity to make another final. We actually never played a Division 1 team.

In the other semi-final Újpest had a rare slip up and lost to Ferencváros. Fradi beat Videoton in the final ensuring 5th place in the league gets a Euro Cup spot.

The Players

We've started to improve the squad a bit with several talented young players and not rely on loans so much.

Our captain, Tamás Somodi, was top scorer and fans favourite.

Academy graduate Gábor Lukács has never really been in the starting eleven, but is a reasonable backup and has started to collect a lot of appearances due to being at the club for 8 seasons now.

Extra Time

Still two years left for the new stadium, but youth and training facilities have been improved again and are now rated as 'good'.

We got 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the goal of the month in the same game. The fans definitely got their money's worth.

Career Summary

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2032/33    Baja          Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2033/34    Baja          Div I                    5th              Hungarian Cup winners
2034/35    Baja          Div I                    7th              4th in Europa group stage
2036/37    Baja          Div I                    4th

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2020/21 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

League: "]2nd "](Positions)

Getting closer but no cigar. At a stage in the season we were nine points clear, but the mother of all breakdowns happened and soon we had to fight for second place. Luckily we managed to drag ourselves back in it and secured another silver medal in the league. The player material is so poor, and every game is something of a lottery. Sometimes my defenders make some stupid mistakes and other games my strikers can't hit a cows a**e with a banjo. Well, that is probably what makes welsh football so much fun.:D

We lost in theWord cup-final, so we are not kings of the Word any more. The welsh cup I will not mention.

Got trashed in the first EL qualifying round as usual. This time by IFK Gothenburg.

Best player and Top scorer: "]Owain Harvey: Not as prolific as last season but still our most important player and goalscorer.

Youth product: "]Dave Smith: When talent is scarce, then why not produce some one ourselves. Looks like a gem. (For the welsh league that is)

Next season: The hunt for TNS is still on. We will not give up.

Season  | Welsh Prem | JD Welsh Cup |  theWord Cup |    Europe   |  Top scorer        
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 |    9th     |   4th rnd    |    1st rnd   |     N/A     |  Jake Eyre      (12)
2017/18 |    4th     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   |     N/A     |  Jack Laird     (14)
2018/19 |    2nd     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Jack Laird     (13)
2019/20 |    3rd     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners[/b]   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey & Paul Powell (24)
2020/21 |    2nd     |   3rd rnd    |  Runners up  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey   (18)

2017 Season

Tindastoll

Icelandic Divison 1

Well this was an absolute disaster of a year. We started poorly, and finished poorly. I just couldn't get the defense right, and we conceded an egregious number of goals. Relegated out of the division with 2 games to go, and the board VERY HAPPILY ACCEPTED MY RESIGNATION

League Table

But all is not lost...Some people are still stupid enough to hire me.

My new job is at Huginn

Huginn_Seyðisfjarður.JPG

Career Summary:

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 409, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Season[/TD]
[TD]Team[/TD]
[TD]League[/TD]
[TD]Position[/TD]
[TD]Notes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016[/TD]
[TD]Tindastoll[/TD]
[TD]Division 1[/TD]
[TD]10th[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017[/TD]
[TD]Tindastoll[/TD]
[TD]Division 1[/TD]
[TD]12th[/TD]
[TD]Relegated/Sacked[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Bad luck, dervinus. Hopefully your luck will change with a club named after one of Odins ravens.

Have to say that one of the advantages with playing FMT is that you can get quicker through seasons and you don't have to micromanage that much. But I miss some of the details that Full Fat FM provides. And in this years youth intake I only got two players. Add that to the lack of talent pool from before and this could take years before we are competetive in Europe-.

Brora Rangers - Scottish League One - 2021/22

League Table - we didn't show what we can do, with so many bad games and an incapacity to keep consistency. However we still did just enough for the playoff.

Promotion playoff - now this is what we can do. A flawless run to end our season on a very high note.

Scottish Cup - if there's one thing that drives me crazy in this game is how often I get knocked out by lower league teams.

Scottish League Cup - we had an unlucky draw, matching us with bigger opposition rather early.

Training Cup - again, we should have won this match.

Squad - some of our best players disappointed, and it highlighted the weakness of others.

Transfers - we had to spend money to get a decent centre back, and have stretched the wage budget a bit.

Finances - despite the cup failures, the league prize and good gate receipts from the playoff matches keeps us above red.

Key Player Profiles

Ewan Weir - it's a shame we won't get him for another loan, because he was the leader of our defense.

Calumn Morrison - always a danger on the wings, had good displays throughout the season.

Chris Blackett - our strikers were a bit subpar this season, but he managed to be the most consistent of the lot.

Career Overview

Season     Division                 Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Scottish League Two      5th
2017/18    Scottish League Two      5th
2018/19    Scottish League Two      1st          Promotion
2019/20    Scottish League One      6th
2020/21    Scottish League One      2nd
2021/22    Scottish League One      4th          Promotion via playoff

Next season

I wasn't epecting a promotion before we started the playoffs, but now that we did it, we look up and try to stay in the new division.

For starters, the wage budget was raised from £6k p/w to €10k p/w which is a huge boost.

Secondly, our reputation also increased, which allowed me to finally persuade a MC to sign for us whom I've had an eye on for over 6 months, but never able to present him a good contract.

Thirdly, and maybe the most important, if I can finally convince the board to allow scouting outside of Scotland I reckon we will improve massively.

Season 2016 Review

KV_zpsrusrvdlf.png

Knattspyrnufélag Vesturbæjar

Season Review: The best thing about this club was that there is a lot of room to maneuver in terms of wages. I did a lot of transfers (in my terms) but there was still about 5-6k left to work with. We overperformed, but I'm worried whether we can maintain this next season. The reason was that when I started this game, I wanted to test out counter-attacking football theory as discussed by Cleon. There were results for the first half of the season but after a while it was difficult to get a win. Tried out a few tactics, when I decided to switch back to a tried and true philosophy which I'm comfortable with, and enjoy more: Control. From a 4-1-4-1, we switch to 4-3-3 like in Barcelona, but this was only done in the later part of the season. So, we shall see whether this works next season.

Board expectations:

First Division: Avoid relegation

Media prediction: 11th

Icelandic Cup: Third Round

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Don't be outclassed

Results:

First Division: 3rd | League Table | Player Stats

Icelandic Cup: Finals

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Group

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Davíð Steinn Sigurðarson: Before switching to a 4-3-3, I had initially switched to a 4-4-2 wide diamond, so I had almost decided to not use this player. Good thing I switched to a 4-3-3. He was performing well in the counter style, and was still performing well enough with the 4-3-3. Named the 2016 Supporters' Player of the Year and in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven. Also has most PoM in the team.

Svavar Jóhannsson: This guy was great. When I was playing with 4-1-4-1, he was popping goals in quite often, and that was with a WM(s) role. Hope he can perform well in the AMR position next season with an IF(s) role. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven. Also has the most assists for the club.

Guðmundur Sigurðsson: Our top scorer. Will be switching him to AML IF(s) next season, if I can find a good F9. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Youth Prospect:

No Youth Recruitment.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Stay clear of relegation

2) Top half finish.

3) Strengthen my defence and attack.

Year   Division          Position   Icelandic Cup       UL Cup         Notes
2016   First Division      3rd      Finals              Group           -

Jumping in late, but since I'll probably fail in epic fashion...

Taking the reins at GIF Nike in the Swedish 2nd Division South Gotaland. (No, I don't know how to do umlauts on the vowels). Pics to upload soon.

Jumping in late, but since I'll probably fail in epic fashion...

Taking the reins at GIF Nike in the Swedish 2nd Division South Gotaland. (No, I don't know how to do umlauts on the vowels). Pics to upload soon.

Hahah, neither do I. I just copy pasted from FM.

TP-47 (Finnish First Division)

In a shocking announcement, the TP-47 board have sacked Oleg Eprintsev, who had managed the club for nearly six years and won promotion from the 2nd Division, and appointed the completely unknown Englishman, Matt Prelude. Speaking in shaky Finnish, the Londoner expressed his gratitude for the opportunity, then went away, wondering how, predicted to finish dead last and given a 500/1 by the bookies to achieve promotion, he was going to keep the club in the division and push for glory.

ShtZirc.png

7l9gydL.png

Not the first to take on this challenge with this club, but giving it a go none the less.

A brave foray into management in Norway of all places with the sleeping giants of Lillehammer FK.

Obligatory Manager Profile to demonstrate the start of the (hopefully) long journey.

Putting out job adverts on day one was the start of a scatter gun recruitment drive which would see no fewer than 21 players & 4 backroom members joining the club throughout the year. My scouts lack of clarity on signings ability was to prove a thorn in my side throughout the season. An unfortunate mixup with my groundsman where I nonchalantly suggested he make the pitch "as big as he likes" led to us playing football on a pitch size roughly parallel to that of the surface area of the moon.

The mid season transfer window was an opportunity for my scouts assignments to pay dividends and the quality of the squad improved massively during this window. It was near this point that the club offered to extend my contract, which I gladly accepted.

Results fell away very disappointingly at the death, although we didn't notch back to back wins together after the impressive start of the first three games. This inconsistency resulted in us wading into a relegation scrap on the final day. We survived to tell the tale, and finished the season in a respectable 9th position.

Morten Jansen was to prove to be the signing of the season, notching 11 goals in 13 games in the second half of the season.

With an increased knowledge of the region and a feel for the ebbs and flow of the Norwegian game, there is cause for optimism going into 2017.

Season     Team            League                Position       Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016       Lillehammer     2nd Div Grp 2         9th            Survived. Knocked out 1st Round of Cup.

If you click "Go Advanced" when you write a post you get the option to put code tag round the text. The best is to write the summary in notepad or wordpad, and then copy it in between the code tag. Always preview your post to see if it looks like how you want it.

Still having a bit of trouble with this. I can get the code and the table in there, but the Code box just seems to stretch on forever. Even when I do the [/Code] right after the end of the table, it just extends down really far. Is there something else I need to put there to make it a short, concise table like everyone else's? Thanks!

Brora Rangers - Scottish Championship - 2022/23

League Table - two different stories, we strated strongly and were in the playoff spots until January, where we had a dreadful 3-1-11 run after the new year.

Scottish Cup - we were destroyed by Hearts but we also got £140k in revenue.

Scottish League Cup - an embarassing home defeat.

Training Cup - our best cup run yet, a tight game where eithet team could have won.

Squad - some players have succumbed to the level of this division and are no longer useful.

Transfers - our winter signings didn't adapt, but I'm sure they will perform better next season as they have the quality to do so.

Finances - the Hearts cup match plus the league prize of £223k puts us comfortable again.

Key Player Profiles

Calumn Morrison - almost always our most dangerous player.

Chris Blackett - as our other strikers, he was productive and in great form in the first half of the season.

Barry O'Neil - our new boss of the midfield was solid, even though he didn't have many goals or assists.

Career Overview

Season     Division                  Position     Achievements
2016/17    Scottish League Two       5th
2017/18    Scottish League Two       5th
2018/19    Scottish League Two       1st          Promotion
2019/20    Scottish League One       6th
2020/21    Scottish League One       2nd
2021/22    Scottish League One       4th          Promotion via playoff
2022/23    Scottish Championship     8th

Next season

This season started well but after the new year it was disatrous, let's see what version we get next season.

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2021/22 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

League: "]4th "](Positions)

My hardest season by far. I don't know if it was the new patch or that teams are starting to take us more serious, but my tactics didn't work at all. It was doom and gloom and at one point we were second last and the rumours about me getting the sack were circulating. Fortunately I managed to switch it around in the last moment. Both understanding the strength and weaknesses of my squad, and implementing a tactic that suited us better. We must have become boring boring Pen-y-Bont, because it was all about keeping it safe, but as long as we climbed up the league it didn't matter.

We secured a European spot after winning the European play offs on penalties and got something out of a very frustrating season.

We lost in the first qualifying round of the Europa league as usual, but got the pay off we really need every year. We only lost 1-0 on aggregate against APOEL, but the result didn't reflect the way we were outplayed.

Best player: "]Rhys Parry: When we changed our approach Parry got his chance in the team and took it with both hands.

Top scorer: "]Paul Powell: Looking at the comparisons page we got the poorest finishers in the league. Powell did well in the end but was shambolic at the start of the season.

Next season: We need the income from Europe every year. I hope we can turn professional soon so we can attract better players. It really hinders us that we are semi-pro.

2016/17 |    9th     |   4th rnd    |    1st rnd   |     N/A     |  Jake Eyre      (12)
2017/18 |    4th     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   |     N/A     |  Jack Laird     (14)
2018/19 |    2nd     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Jack Laird     (13)
2019/20 |    3rd     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners[/b]   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey & Paul Powell (24)
2020/21 |    2nd     |   3rd rnd    |  Runners up  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey   (18)
2021/22 |    4th     |   3rd rnd    |    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (11)

149px-Rhyl_FC_Logo.png

Rhyl, 2024/25

The season started badly with the sale of last seasons top scorer Rhys Evans to Sunderland for £10K +50% , I had to let him go before he threw a hissy fit and I got no money. Then began the Europa League campaign with a 5000 km trip to Kazakhstan to lose 2-1, followed by a 1-0 win at home saw us draw FC København in the next round. We lost 4-0 at home before a miraculous 1-1 draw away, I was pleased with the performance and the money.

Euro League 1st Qlfy Rnd

Shakhter Karagandy 2-1 Rhyl

Rhyl 1-0 Shakter Karagandy

Euro League 2nd Qlfy Rnd

Rhyl 0-4 FC København

FC København 1-1 Rhyl

The league season progressed moderately well but we dropped too many points losing contact with TNS and Bala. A late surge saw us draw level with Aberystwyth but a 3-3 draw between us stole away our last opportunity to go ahead into 3rd in the penultimate match of the season leaving Rhyl in 4th place. We also made the cup final only to lose to Bala on penalties, not a great year domestically but enough to qualify for europe again.

Key man: Ross White

Top scorer: Rhys Hughes, honourable mention Mark Morris

Season  | Team        | League | Welsh Cup | Word Cup  | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | Cefn Druids | 12th   | 4th Rnd*  | 1st Rnd   | Sacked, 24th Jan
2017/18 | Prestatyn   | 11th   | Qtr Fnl   | 2nd Rnd   | Relegated
2018/19 | Llangefni   | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | Sacked, 10th Nov
2019/20 | Conwy       | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | Sacked, 17th Dec
2020/21 | Aberystwyth | 5th    | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | Sacked, 2nd Feb
2021/22 | Newtown     | 12th   | 4th Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | Quit, 1st Mar
2022/23 | Rhyl        | 6th    | Semi Fnl  | 2nd Rnd   | SURVIVED!
2023/24 | Rhyl        | 2nd    | Qtr Fnl   | Runner Up | Europa League
2024/25 | Rhyl        | 4th    | Runner Up | 2nd Rnd   | Europa League

ETDRWlf.png

Afan Lido - 2020/21 Season - 2nd

Getting closer...

League - in complete contrast to previous years, we actually started brilliantly and unfortunately faded when it mattered at the end of the season. TNS were nowhere near their best, and we entered the closing stage of the season in 1st place. We ended up drawing too many games though, and it wasn't to be. The deciding game was against TNS with 3 matches to play, where we could only manage a draw when a win would have put the title within touching distance. Overall, a close second is probably fair as I don't think we were quite good enough.

Cups - back to disappointment in the cups. Out after the first tie in the Europa League was expected, but I felt we played a bit better this time around. theWord cup ended the same as last season, losing to TNS in the final. The Welsh Cup was a missed opportunity, as a busy run of fixtures saw me put my second eleven out against non-league Rhyl; who subsequently scored two early penalties and shut the door straight after.

Transfers - no big signings this season, just a few to rotate and keep as backup. I tried harder to get some of the youth players some first team experience this year by loaning them out.

Key Players

Nicky Palmer - a complete revelation in centre midfield. I completely forgot I had him out on loan last season and he quickly became a starter for us this time around. Deservedly won player of the season, and is my first player I can honestly say is a key man that has come through the youth setup.

Danny Gosset - Palmer's partner in crime in centre midfield, continued to build on the strong performances he had in the previous season.

Tony Christopher - stolen from Haverfordwest, was the replacement striker I needed after Morgan left last season. Was surprisingly willing to join on a youth contract that expires at the end of next season.

Finances - all about the Europa League money again. Have asked the board about going professional but there is no interest yet.

Next season - can I close the gap on TNS again? They had a poor season and we're only getting better.

Season     League     Welsh Cup     WPL Cup     Europe
-------------------------------------------------------------
2017       5th          4R            2R          -
2018       2nd          3R            2R       EL 1QR
2019       2nd          3R            1R       EL 1QR
2020       2nd           W             F       EL 1QR
2021       2nd          QF             F       EL 1QR

First season in Division 1 cleared, and with a few points to go!:cool:

Overall it was a up and down season where we managed to secure most of the "must-have" points although we got plummeted by the big boys in the series a few times. All in all a brilliant season.

Key players

Robert Elek: Brought in during the summer to improve our striker position and he did it well. 15 goals for him anjd he would have gotten more if he didn't have a big slump during the spring

Daniel Dajbog: Our defensive anchor in the midfield had a ton of work to do but proved more than capable of handling the task

Sorin Stroescu: A own product who early got play time due to injuries but proved himself very quickly and is looking to be someone I need to hang on for a long time

Youth intake

Following the trend from the first seasons there is only one player worth mentioning and he might just save me the trouble of signing a back up goalie.

Next season

The board have continiously doing their best to drive me insane with their constant denying of my requests. To my big surprise they decided on their own volition to both expand the stadium and upgrade youth facilities. Seems like my nagging got the best of them :D

Besides that I also already got a new goalie secured for next season for free and will look for a new right winger and general improvements overall so we can turn some of all these godforsaken draws into wins!

Season     Division            Romanian league cup      Position     Achievements
2016/17    Romanian division 2        N/A               11th
2017/18    Romanian division 2        N/A               6th
2018/19    Romanian division 2        N/A               2nd           Promotion
2019/20    Romanian division 1        First round       9th

ryKS6kbt_400x400.jpg

Huggin - Icelandic First Divison - Season 2017

Season Summary - My first season with Huggin was a huge success. I learned some hard lessons at Tindastoll about defending, and set my team up much more defensively here. We had a few good runs of wins early in the season, then a string of draws, then fell off at the end. We were really pushing for promotion until about the last 5 games.

Top Player - Guoni Sigporrson - He was a key player for me at right back. Had a bunch of assists and a few goals, playing all the games this season.

[b]Year      Team         Division    Position     Notes[/b]
2016     Tindastoll       1st       10th         
2016     Tindastoll       1st       12th        Relegated/sacked
2017     Huginn           1st       4th

Looking Forward - I really need to do something about goal scoring. My top scorer this year only had 5. Unfortunately I am such a low reputation team that I cannot recruit easily. Additionally, this was the first time Huginn had a youth intake, so my youth team is bare.

Great performance in Europe, Quacky.I wish I could get past the first round.

Doing great, Jaskar. Now go get that league win. Lido is doing well in my save, looks like they are going to break TNS' dominance. I wish it was us.

Very solid season, FjollFan. I am impressed.

That was a great first season, dervinus. Crossing fingers that you can push for promotion next year.

149px-Rhyl_FC_Logo.png

Rhyl, 2025/26

Lets get Europe out the way very quickly, we played Djurgården, we lost, twice.

Euro League 1st Qlfy Rnd

Rhyl 0-2 Djurgården

Djurgården 3-0 Rhyl

Now onto the league, things started slowly for Rhyl hovering around 4th place while TNS went on an 11 game winning streak blowing everyone else out the water. Then things changed massively just before Christmas when Cheltenham stole TNS's manager. The replacement was an interesting choice, back in 2016/17 I signed Alex Lawless for Cefn Druids as my best player by far, I later resigned him in 2019/20 for Aberystwyth in the same role. Following his retirement he became a manager and after a couple of short and not very successful spells ended up manager of Bala, the 2nd fully professional team in the league and winner of most the cup competitions and now the new manager of TNS. I feel he is somewhat my protégé having brought him back into Welsh football and battled against him so much in management.

Nevertheless, following this Rhyl hit a sensational run of form, 25 games unbeaten. Simultaneously the TNS collapse was reminiscent of an English cricket team performance, They finished the season with just 15 wins despite starting with 11 straight in a row, Alex Lawless's stats are quite emblematic of their problems as they slipped to 4th in the league and Rhyl run out as CHAMPIONS!

Key man: Martyn Morgan

Top scorer: Rhys Hughes, honourable mention Gareth Swattridge (One of the best target men in the league)

Season  | Team        | League | Welsh Cup | Word Cup  | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | Cefn Druids | 12th   | 4th Rnd*  | 1st Rnd   | Sacked, 24th Jan
2017/18 | Prestatyn   | 11th   | Qtr Fnl   | 2nd Rnd   | Relegated
2018/19 | Llangefni   | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | Sacked, 10th Nov
2019/20 | Conwy       | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | Sacked, 17th Dec
2020/21 | Aberystwyth | 5th    | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | Sacked, 2nd Feb
2021/22 | Newtown     | 12th   | 4th Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | Quit, 1st Mar
2022/23 | Rhyl        | 6th    | Semi Fnl  | 2nd Rnd   | SURVIVED!
2023/24 | Rhyl        | 2nd    | Qtr Fnl   | Runner Up | Europa League
2024/25 | Rhyl        | 4th    | Runner Up | 2nd Rnd   | Europa League
2025/26 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Runner Up | Semi Fnl  | Champions League

ryKS6kbt_400x400.jpg

Huggin - Icelandic First Divison - Season 2018

Table: crap

Fixtures: crap

Squad: crap

Summary: Well this was another disaster season for me in FM 2016. We started very brightly, picking up early points and having some convincing performances. Then we fell off the face of the planet, with a dire run where we conceded for fun and could not find the back of the net. My sturdy defensive tactic from last season was not up for it this year, and I tried 3-4 other tactics through the course of the year without success. We were lucky to climb back up to 7th, as we were almost in the relegation battle by the end. Not sure where to go from here, as we still can't recruit the necessary players and my youth intake this year did not have a single player above 1 star potential.

Top Player: Jack Hands

Top Scorer: Kristin Bor Rosbergsson (7 League, 9 Overall)

[color=#232323][font=Verdana][b]Year      Team         Division    Position     Notes[/b][/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Verdana]2016     Tindastoll       1st          10th         [/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Verdana]2016     Tindastoll       1st          12th           Relegated/sacked[/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Verdana]2017     Huginn           1st          4th[/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Verdana]2018     Huginn           1st          7th[/font][/color]

We go on...

I have to share this now because I have a feeling it may go t**s up.

Mid season table

Both us and Újpest are undefeated. They have conceded only 3 goals in 17 games. One of them was in the 17th game, so it was 2 in 16 prior to that.

Our own game against them was a 0-0 away draw.

Now, the reason I am a bit hesitant about the second half of the season is that Real Madrid are buying our keeper for 4.6m on Jan 4th. The chairman went over my head and accepted it. I have no backup keeper of substance, so January will see me shopping for a keeper.

Our first game back at the end of February is a top of the table clash against Újpest.

In our favour, Újpest are also competing in the quarterfinals of the Hungarian Cup and the 1st knockout round of the Europa Cup. Where we just have the League to concentrate on.

The tiebreak in the first division here is head to head record over the three games. Not goal difference. Something that may come into play.

Has anyone turned pro in Wales yet, I just tried after the champions league campaign with £690K bank balance and rejected, not enough money.

(Came incredibly close to a massive upset that would have got me through to 3rd qualifying round and surely enough money)

Has anyone turned pro in Wales yet, I just tried after the champions league campaign with £690K bank balance and rejected, not enough money.

(Came incredibly close to a massive upset that would have got me through to 3rd qualifying round and surely enough money)

No. I have had about 600k after I won the cups and got to Europe but the board wouldn't even consider it. I think you need to be closer to a million. Exciting times for you, looking forward to hear about the near upset.

And Fastbasher, that is really something. Crossing fingers for you to keep it going to the end. Very promising indeed!!

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2022/23 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

League: "]2nd "](Positions)

We did better than TNS, but Afan Lido stepped up this season and ran away with the league. We followed them for a while, but four 0-0 draws in a row in the last four games ruined our title challenge. Still it was a solid season with two semi-finals in the cups and runners-up in the league.

Two of our best players refuses to sign new contracts with us, that means we will be weakened next season. I so hope we can turn professional soon.

We went out as usual at the first hurdle in Europe. This year it was against Debrecen from Hungary.

Best player: "]Jack Summerfield: Very solid all season. An invaluable player for us.

Top scorer: "]Paul Powell: Back to scoring form. Keeps every other striker in the club on the bench. Probably our best buy ever for this club.

Next season: The hunt for the league title goes on. We need to be even more consistant than this season.

2021/22 |    4th     |   3rd rnd    |    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (11)
2022/23 |    2nd     |  Semi final  |  Semi final  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (21)

The League

The second half of the season just got better and better as Újpest imploded and we kept our run going. The margins of victory got better and the goals kept flying in, largely because of one man (see below).

Ferencváros even overtook Újpest and they finished outside the top two for the first time in 21 years. No Champions League for them next season.

The Players

We may have lost our keeper in January, but overall we managed to strengthen the team by raiding the loan market in South America. We already had Francisco Avalos from Boca, and he was joined by Andrés Asunto from Racing Club and Nilson from Sao Paulo. Miltinho (4.5m) and Elias (2.8m) were originally supposed to be loans from Sao Paulo. But the prices were affordable, so I decided to buy them outright.

Francisco Avalos. This loanee from Boca pretty much tore the league up on his own. He smashed the Hungarian division one record for goals in one season and was the joint top performer with András Tamás. He even came close to the highest scorer ever for Baja despite only spending one season with us. He played 62 games in total that season including friendlies, U19 games and helping Paraguay in World Cup qualifying without a single injury. In fact he's only had one 2 week injury in his whole career. Surprisingly, he was runner up to an Újpest player for player of the season.

Unfortunately Boca want him for first team duties now, so I couldn't extend the loan.

András Tamás was signed on a free and proved to be an excellent partner for Avalos. He had the highest rating in division 1 and is now the Baja record holder for rating.

Gábor Magyar had a solid season at right back and broke the Baja record for league appearances at 180. Coming into his 7th season with us now and keeps getting better. A bargain for 240k.

Europe

We beat Dinamo Bucharest (1-0h, 2-2a) in the Europa Cup 3rd qualifying round, before narrowly losing (0-2a. 1-0h) to Borussia Munchen Gladbach in the playoff round. They went on to the last 16, so a close loss showed we were not too far off the pace.

Facilities

Good training facilities, great youth facilities. Both are in the process of being improved again.

Unfortunately after 2 years of planning, the local council has blocked our new stadium being built. Two years for a local council to make that decision? Again, the realism of this game blows me away.

So, a first champions league campaign coming up. We enter in the champions 3rd qualifying round. Looking forward to it.

Also need a new game plan after the loss of Avalos.

2036/37    Baja          Div I                    4th
2037/38    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League playoff

Archived