Gundo's FM16 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brora - Scottish League Two - 2016/17

League Table - inconsistent performances but we escaped relegation and could almost get to the playoff.

Scottish Cup - we could have done better against smaller opposition.

Scottish League Cup - I wasn't expecting anything different.

Training Cup - the cups weren't very kind to us this season.

Squad - forgot to take a screenshot. At this level it takes a while to attract good players so we had comings and goings throughout the season.

Transfers - we needed to be active and sign players that could keep us in this division.

Finances - the balance is good, let's see for how long we can keep it like this.

Key Player Profiles

Shane Sutherland - our target man was key as he was present in the majority of our successes.

Richard Brittain - our best player, he will not renew the contract but was very important to hold the midfield.

Daniel Moore - our most productive winger.

Career Overview

Season     Division                 Position       Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Scottish League Two      5th

Next season

Hopefully we can keep attracting better players to battle for the playoffs.

Brora Rangers - Scottish League Two - 2017/18

League Table - we had a strong second half of the season but just not enough to reach the playoffs.

Scottish Cup - an embarrassing defeat against much smaller opposition.

Scottish League Cup - we put up a fight but were just not strong enough.

Training Cup - another loss in a not very favourable draw.

Squad - the starting XI is not bad, but we have a very thin squad. And some of the best player won't renew their contracts.

Transfers - not many players came in because not many good players were keen on coming in.

Finances - we have a loss from last season but we're still in the green by a decent margin.

Key Player Profiles

Shane Sutherland - our most influential player, scored and assisted to all tastes.

Callum McRobbie - we had a very productive poacher, who unfortunately won't sign a new contract.

Graham Weir - he was the best we could find for a right winger and he did just fine.

Career Overview

Season     Division                 Position       Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Scottish League Two      5th

Next season

We already secured some promising players ending contracts so we'll work to have a better team next season. We're so close to a promotion battle.

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker on the CSE forums but never really got involved myself because I haven't had the time. But with this challenge now accepting FM Touch and being able to play that on my iPad during my commute I think it's time I got involved! Plan to get started this weekend: ideally want to be somewhere I can start in a semi-pro league but where it's not too many tiers to the top and preferably with fairly short seasons so I can keep up the momentum. From a quick bit of research Norway looks good but any other suggestions that might fit as well?

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker on the CSE forums but never really got involved myself because I haven't had the time. But with this challenge now accepting FM Touch and being able to play that on my iPad during my commute I think it's time I got involved! Plan to get started this weekend: ideally want to be somewhere I can start in a semi-pro league but where it's not too many tiers to the top and preferably with fairly short seasons so I can keep up the momentum. From a quick bit of research Norway looks good but any other suggestions that might fit as well?

Iceland!

The League

With 8 games to go, we were sitting comfortably in 16th, 8pts above the relegation spots. We only managed 1 win, 1 draw in those last 8 games, but were safe with a game to spare.

For the final game, away to the 3rd placed team and with nothing to lose, I played all the promising players from the youth academy to give them a taste of first team football.

The team of mostly 15/16 yr olds lost 0-4, but it's hard to say that the seniors would have done any better.

The Players

Young Péter Tányéros continued his development and ended up the teams top scorer with 8 goals.

Since this shot I actually sold him for an offer I couldn't refuse. 155k gbp, a season loan back and 30% of the next sale. Not bad for a kid I got for 13k compensation just 1yr earlier.

Zoltán Kovács was rock in midfield, controlling everything. Not prolific in front of goal, but was still voted the fans POTY.

Róbert Dobó was the most promising of the youth intake. He got a chance in that final game and will be the youth subject to focus on this coming season.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League          	  Position         Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2017/18    Tatabánya     Div II                   15th
2018/19    Tatabánya     Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2019/20    Tatabánya     Div I                    3rd
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2021/22    Cegléd        Div II                   17th
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2023/24    Veszprém      Div II                   17th
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2025/26    Veszprém      Div I                    10th
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2027/28    Baja          Div II                   17th

220px-PrestatynTownFC.jpeg

Prestatyn, 2017/18

After being dismissed from Cefn Druids, Mr. Duck managed to bamboozle the chairman of Prestatyn into offering him the job for the new season.

A poor start was accomplished sucessfully followed by the surprising discovery of a somewhat effective tactic leading Prestatyn to only miss out on the top half of the league split by 3 points. At which point the players couldn't be bothered anymore, form fell apart, dropped down the table, relegated, sacked, destitution, despair, death :(.

My sweetest victory so far: TNS - Pen-Y-Bont "]0-3!

They're not dancing in the streets of TNS now:D.

Well, they might be. TNS are still superior in Wales but I have overachieved this season. After 3/4 of the season I am in third place. The target now is to try to hold on and get a European spot.That will mean a lot to us money wise. But still, it's good to beat The New Saints.

ETDRWlf.png

Afan Lido - 2017/18 Season - 2nd

Really pleased with the improvement this season!

League - 2nd was the best we could really hope for this season, and we were impressive in achieving it. Apart from a blip around the middle third of the season we were excellent throughout. Most pleasing was being able to beat TNS in both of the games I played against them after the league split.

Cups - as expected, out in the first qualifying round of the Europa League. We were appalling in the domestic cups and improving for these is the aim for next season.

Transfers - cleared out the last of the rubbish I inherited and strengthened where I could. Our first youth intake was really good and meant we didn't have to sign too many players.

Key Players

Rhys Wilson - excellent again, but currently won't talk to me about a new contract.

Mike Lewis - the youngster took David Evans' role from last year and made it his own. Has improved a lot across the season and will be a key man next year.

Sean Smith - solved our left back problem from last year and created lots of chances on the overlap.

Finances - I'll keep repeating this, but the Europa League money is vital and keep me profitable. Would love to spend more of it but can't attract the right players yet.

Next season - with a few improvements we can get close to TNS. Try and win a cup, or at least get past the non-league teams. Give the promising youngsters more game time.

Season     League     Welsh Cup     WPL Cup     Europe
-------------------------------------------------------------
2017       5th          4R            2R          -
2018       2nd          3R            2R         1QR

My sweetest victory so far: TNS - Pen-Y-Bont "]0-3!

They're not dancing in the streets of TNS now:D.

Well, they might be. TNS are still superior in Wales but I have overachieved this season. After 3/4 of the season I am in third place. The target now is to try to hold on and get a European spot.That will mean a lot to us money wise. But still, it's good to beat The New Saints.

Good job Taunton! I've found the trick to be to sit back and counter attack them. Fingers crossed for the Europa League.

Good job Taunton! I've found the trick to be to sit back and counter attack them. Fingers crossed for the Europa League.

Impressed how well you are doing in Wales. Counter is the way to go, yes. I find the level of player material really bad in Wales, and since i play FMT there is very few youth players coming through as well. I finished fourth, and now I am about to enter the play-offs for Europe. I guess you will get to the welsh title before me:).

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2017/18 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

League: "]4th "](Positions)

This was something else. We started the season brilliantly and held the second place for a long time. At the end when teams started to respect us more we struggled, but managed to get a fourth place in the end. Compared to last seasons relegation struggle I am very happy with that.

We then entered the play off for the last European place, (have to admit I don't really understand that system), and lost to Bangor City in the final. But beacuse TNS beat Airbus in the cup final, an extra place was up for grabs. And luckily we got it. That means we can get some money in to strengthen the club.

Best player: "]Luke Edwards: There has been some great welsh left-footed wingers in the past years. Edwards is probably not amongst them, but he was this seasons best player for us.

Top scorer: "]Jack Laird: We are still struggling in front of goal, but Laird contributed with a few.

Next season: Finish in the top half,and make the most out of the European opportunity.

Season  | Welsh Prem | JD Welsh Cup |  theWord Cup |    Europe   |  Top scorer        
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 |    9th     |   4th rnd    |    1st rnd   |     N/A     |  Jake Eyre     (12)
2017/16 |    4th     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   |     N/A     |  Jack Laird    (14)

Logo_llangefni.jpg

Llangefni, 2018/19

**** Llangefni.

I lasted 12 games, a new record early sacking for me. Will any chairman be stupid enough to hire Mr. Duck next season?

Season  | Team        | League | Notes
-------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | Cefn Druids | 12th   | Sacked, 24th Jan
2017/18 | Prestatyn   | 11th   | Relegated
2018/19 | Llangefni   | 12th   | Sacked, 10th Nov

1340660183.jpg

Conwy, 2019/20

This is the worst one yet. I actually had a fairly OK team and a tactic that was getting me goals. Then they just all stopped playing and I start getting ridiculously bad luck like the time I was 3-2 up and in the 90th minute my defender scores an own goal under no pressure, or the time my goalkeeper had so much time to collect a loose ball he takes a touch so heavy it bounces out the area and the opposition striker steals it and they win 1-0, or the time my GK gets injured with 10 minutes remaining and they score 3 in 5 minutes.

Nevertheless my 100% record is in tact.

P.S. It's easy to race through the seasons when you only play about 15 matches in each.

2019/20 | Conwy       | 12th   | Sacked, 17th Dec

The League

We were in 2nd place, only goal difference behind Dunaújváros at the winter break. Unfortunately we couldn't stay with them after the break. But luckily, no one else could either.

We weren't helped by not being able to play our top striker for the games against Dunaújváros due to him being on loan from them.

Going into the last game we were 7pts behind first and 4pts ahead of 3rd, so I gave the under 19s another run out in the first team. They coped well and had a narrow 0-1 loss to Honvéd.

There is something eerily familiar about the pattern of my time with this team. It is almost identical to my time with Tatabánya and Veszprém.

The Team

Mátyás Simon, on loan from Dunaújváros was our top scorer and 4th highest scorer in division II. We couldn't extend his loan, but I have a feeling he would struggle in division I anyway.

Péter Tányéros took another giant leap forward in development, with 16 goals and 9 assists in the first team.

We have managed to extend his loan deal for another season, so we haven't lost much from selling him so far.

Extra Time

Scouting is now global and youth facilities are being improved.

Partizan Belgrade are our new senior affiliate. There were two Portuguese teams offering a greater financial contribution, but Partizan had better youth and training facilities. Plus are closer to home of course. Just had to confirm that Serbia are now an EU member in the game first.

Career Summary

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2028/29    Baja          Div II                   2nd              Promoted

Not 100% Gundo challenge as i have used the english leagues as it is nigh on impossible to get anywhere in wales without it :)

Started off with Barry Town United in the Welsh premier... and supprisingly had a very successful first season,

16/17       Barry          Welsh Premier        1st               Won FA Cup, league cup final, Europe here we come
17/18       Barry          Welsh Premier        1st               Won Fa Cup, league cup 3rd round, Won first quali game but lost to Red bull in 2nd

Started the 18/19 season with a win over some andorran team, then we got a memorable 4-4 draw away at Aktobe in kazakhstan, and a 1-1 draw at home, through on away goals!, next we played Ludogrets, and lost 3-0 away, but had a fantastic 1-0 win at home... about to play Swansea in the Euro Cup Qualifier which will end badly :) My board are a bunch of tossers.. they will not go professional despite having approx 800k in the bank after our european adventures,

Screen shots attached... if you want any more just ask.... also a tip for you boys in the welsh premier, look at cardiff, swansea, wrexham, and newport and when they release their youth players at the end of the season.. some bargains there

Barry.jpg.htmlbarry2.jpg.htmlbarry3.jpg.htmlbarry4.jpg.htmlbarry5.jpg.htmlbarry6.jpg.html

bsv_logo_zpsyzp0kc31.png

Arnoldinho ¦ Boldklubben Sollerod-Vedbaek ¦ FMT

June 2016 - The Beginning

Thanks to those who made suggestions about where I should head to. In the end though I've opted for somewhere a bit different - Denmark. I'm a sucker for a quirky league format and the new look Danish Second Division seemed to really fit the bill. The 24 teams are divided in to three groups (I think based on geography) of 8 teams each. During the autumn you play the 7 other teams in your group home and away, then the top four from each group advance to the promotion group and the bottom four to the relegation group, both played in the spring. You carry with you the points against the other teams from your autumn group who are going in to the same promotion/relegation group as you; then you play the other 8 teams in your promotion/relegation group home and away. And at the end of it all the top 3 from the promotion group are promoted and the bottom 3 from the relegation group are relegated. Simple! (and a bit like Portugal for those who know that system, but with better odds of promotion).

Anyway, meet Dinho Arnoldsen the new manager of Boldklubben Sollerod-Vedbaek. (with apologies to our Danish friends for my inability to work out how to type the Danish letters!) BSV, as they are thankfully known, don't have a particularly interesting history so far having bounced around between Division 2 and the Denmark Series below over the past decade, but with a 5000 capacity stadium and a nice cyan coloured kit that works well next to the FMT dark coloured skin (yes I'm that shallow) they seemed like a decent option. So here we go.

The squad looks like the usual newly promoted club mixture of one or two who might make it and a lot who won't. Probably the most interesting is a 15-year old prospect by the name of Mikael Rasmussen who looks like he might amount to something useful. My assman reckons he can be a good player in the tier above us in a few years from now which would be handy; and maybe with some training we can get him higher still. It will be interesting to see anyway...

... provided I make it past the first season of course! Pre-season has been ok; beat a few lower league teams comfortably and had one win and one loss against sides at my level. But I still think it's going to be a slog. The advantage of the league format of course is that only 6 of my first 14 games will actually end up counting towards whether I get relegated or not. So I have a bit of time to tinker with tactics, spot the weaknesses in my squad and then seek to plug the gaps during the lengthy winter break. At least that's the theory - let's see how it goes in practice.

Good luck arnoldinho. Reading that league formation just gave me a headache. I'm sure it's simple once you get used to it.

Like you pointed out, you kind of get a second chance. Both to avoid relegation and also to try for promotion.

230px-Aberystwyth_Town_FC.PNG

Aberystwyth, 2020/21

This game is rigged. **** this game. These might be the end of Mr. Duck's short and pretty pathetic career.

Mr. Duck took over his 5th club, Aberystwyth. Now with knowledge of all the players in the lower echelons of the Welsh premier league I quickly assembled a suitable team and even a half decent tactic. We were riding high, by mid season we were 3rd in the league. The league split, Aberystwyth were in the top half, clear of relegation performing well ahead of expectations under the inspired management of Mr. Duck.

Then on 2nd February 2021 I got sacked, apparently I said some bad things in the media despite selecting the assman to do all interviews. I've never payed attention to the press conferences in fm, they are dull and poorly implemented. I was 5th having just drawn away at TNS in my final game, this game is rigged.

2019/20 | Conwy       | 12th   | Sacked, 17th Dec
2020/21 | Aberystwyth | 5th    | Sacked, 2nd Feb

Good luck Arnoldinho and bad luck Quacky, sounds like you were making real progress there.

I've been binging on FM this weekend and am almost at the end of season three. TNS have won the title with 6 games to spare and we're fighting hard for 2nd after a terrible start to the season.

No Fastbasher, it wasn't that kind of board meeting, the performance of the club on the pitch was above expectations so no points target or anything. It was media handling thing and they just hate me.

Ahh, well in that case, screw them. Who wants to work somewhere where you can't voice your honest opinion.

football_79081.png

League table :eek:

Fixtures

We have been notoriuosly hard to beat this season going on a 15 match unbeaten spree before top dogs Ceahlaul beat us fairly easily. Although we have few losses, there is a bit too many draws which I feel should have been victories if we've been a bit more clinical in front of the goal. It feels weird complaining when in second place:D

Transfers made during the summer window

Marin and Halmaghe were shown in my last post and for some god forsaken reason I can't take a screenshot of Petricau :thdn:

Gianni Paraschiv

Daniel Dajbog

Andrei Roman

Adrian Rebrisorean

Paraschiv have been a monster during the fall with 12 goals so far and the most important player alongside Marin . Petricau and Dajbog has been good while Roman and Rebrisorean were signed for backup and since there has been few injuries not alot of game time for them.

For the spring I hope we can hold on to a qualification spot as we really need the cash that a promotion would give. I think it should be possible as long as Paraschiv and Marin stay fit and doesn't do something silly. :D

The League

The top division has split into three mini leagues within the division. The European qualifiers have squads that are unbelievable compared to the rest of the division. It's going to be tough to break into that group.

We had our normal pattern. Started slowly. Went into the winter break in 11th, but only goal difference from safety. Then things started to click a bit more and we were reasonably comfortable in the end.

The Team

Péter Tányéros was the top scorer again. We've managed to tie him down for a third season on loan. Although this season we have to pay his wages. He is still a regular for the Hungarian U19s team.

National team veteran, Krisztian Tamás, started off at left back. But due to the lack of a left wing and Tamás Dobó complaining about lack of first team football, I moved Krisztian forward a bit and he proved very solid.

We loaned Pedrag Matejevic and Zoran Tasic from our parent club Partizan Belgrade. They are quality youngsters, but missed many games due to being away with the Serbian U19s or U21s

Extra Time

Uh Oh!

Luckily ZTE hired Lázár the next day to take him out of the running. The new chairman has kept me on and invested 450k

Club rep must have increased as the amount of players willing to join has just increased substantially.

Career Summary

2029/30    Baja          Div I                    9th

I've never really done one of these before, but I've wanted to do a Finland save for a while, and this is a good way to do it, right? :)

and I know you wanted us to put our real nationalites and stuff down, but I couldn't help myself once I saw the club I wanted to manage; introducing Lara Croft, manager of Atlantis FC.

Brora Rangers - Scottish League Two - 2018/19

League Table - finally our inconsistency stopped and our attacking approach proved successful.

Scottish Cup - we conceded a goal in the end of the first leg and threw away the chance of progressing.

Scottish League Cup - we had a decent showing against higher ranked opposition.

Training Cup - I'm happy with what we did here, it was a matter of time before falling to a bigger team.

Squad - this year we had more than eleven good players, which was key to keep us competitive in every match.

Transfers - we snapped some quality players on the end of their contracts.

Finances - naturally we are falling but it's nice to see we lasted 3 season in the fourth tier with a positive balance.

Key Player Profiles

Rafa Malaga - a level above all the others, was fundamental to our campaign.

Ben Miller - a great addition to our midfield, kept us solid both in defense and in attack.

Shane Sutherland - the big man was league's top scorer and decisive in many games.

Career Overview

Season     Division                 Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Scottish League Two      5th
2018/19    Scottish League Two      1st          Promotion

Next season

Next season is all about setting a team capable of keeping us safe from relegation.

Liking my new chairman. I just have to tell him 'the financial benefits alone will make this worthwhile' and he agrees to anything.

He's just agreed to a 525k youth facility expansion and 425k transfer fund. We only have 700k, so let's see how this plays out.

The League

It looked like history was repeating. We were 11th at the winter break, a full 7pts from safety. We then went on a run of five wins in a row and even though we lost our last two games, we managed to hold on for 9th place again.

We survived a second season, unlike at Tatabánya or Veszprém. So into uncharted territory now.

The Team

The team expanded its horizons and gained some diversity in the form of Peruvian international keeper, Alan Chávez and Guinean internationals Mamadi Toure and Sylla Barry.

It was great to have some internationals in the team, but between them and the young Serbians on loan from Partizan, it felt like someone was always off on international duty to African Cup games, South American Qualifiers or U19/U21.

Extra Time

The youth facilities are undergoing another upgrade. The scouting and coaching is now the best in the country. I'm actively scouting all of Europe now.

The chairman seems to trust me. He is throwing money at every crazy idea I have and even when deep in the relegation zone, my job was listed as 'very secure'.

Career Summary

2029/30    Baja          Div I                    9th
2030/31    Baja          Div I                    9th

Archived