[FM15 Guide] How to Edit the Sidebar

michaeltmurrayuk

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally made it work with deafult skin! Thanks for the tip about Resource Archiver, i had no idea about that tool.

I just have ONE more problem. For some reason the skin have a small sidebar, even though i haven't done anything to it, besides changing the colors to grey. I try to follow the instructions to make it wider, but the #30 line isn't in my xml file. What can i do?

Open client object browser.XML from the /panels folder, there will be a line close to the top that says <widget file="sidebar menu table.xml" width="xxx" />

Just change the width value to what you want, save the file then reload the skin.

The sidebar has two different states one when you are on a linked screen where it shows the colour of your club, the other colour displays on all other screens...

I have been following the instructions in the OP related to sidebar colour. I've tried various settings but cannot seem to get the outcome I'm after.

Is is possible to have a fully transparent sidebar on what you refer to above as the 'linked' screens, ie squad, club, own player profiles etc. and a very slightly transparent but still individually club-coloured (ie changes with each club colour) sidebar everywhere else?

I get the feeling it is, but I just cannot quite see through the fog to work out how.

Cheers

To get it to recolour like the titlebar for each team you'll need to have a look at this thread:

[h=3]Sidebar Colour, anyway to make it change for every team..[/h]

To make it transparent on the linked screens change the alpha value to zero in the accents file, you may also need to make the non-linked sidebar transparent by changing the alpha value in the settings file and then when creating your image in the linked post give it the level of transparency you want.

Hi Michael,

I'm going through it step by step and the first step is sorting my club sidebar. I have no problem using the accents file to make my it transparent and it works on most of the linked screens, just not the individual players. As soon as I click on a player profile the sidebar reverts to the default solid black.

Is there a way to remedy this? Is the player profile screen not a linked screen?

If my player profile sidebar always reverts to default (however that may be set in the next step) then I'll have to re-think the scheme I have in mind.

Cheers

Yes the only pages that are linked are the ones directly listed in the sidebar, so your inbox, home, squad screen etc... Only these will recolour with your team all other panels will use the default colour, player profiles even for your players aren't linked, to change them you need to follow the instructions to change the default colour of the sidebar (if you add the team recolouring code that should still recolour them the same as in the header).

Hi,

I'm trying to narrow the sidebar, on the default skin, so that it shows just the icons. I extracted client object browser.xml from the update and edited it so that the width is set as:

<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" alignment="horizontal" min_value="0" max_value="1200" set_property="widt" true_value="45" false_value="45"/>

I have put the client object browser.xml into the football manager 2015\panels folder, however when I go into the game and reload the skin data nothing changes - the sidebar is still the default width. Also tried putting it the skins folder but still no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I don't really want to download a skin just to get the narrow sidebar.

EDIT: Problem solved.

• 9 months later...

Yeah instructions to change the width of the sidebar are exactly the same as for FM15, however if you are wanting to just set an icon only sidebar that is now a selectable option through the preferences menu, though if you are using a custom skin the coding may be different depending on the changes made by the skinner.

• 11 months later...

i cant for the life of me remember how to get a set pic (no scaling etc) into the sidebar.  (As art dek has done here).

I'm having a mare remembering the size/code. to work inline with the recolour so it matches the titlebar pattern/image i have.

Cheers D. i think its just a scaling issue between the 2 images i like.. one is gonna have to go.. :(

My heads not in it tonight, cant even stop if going grey on other screens.... bah. bedtime me thinks

On 11/7/2016 at 18:13, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The colours file only affects the sidebar linked to your team. For the generic (black one) sidebar you need to change this value from the settings file:

<colour name="colour side bar" red="35" green="35" blue="145" alpha="255"/>

So can you stop this happening or is it a set colour? 

I'll try and decrease the alpha and drop a plain box in behind to that recolours via the client at somepoint tomo instead.

• 3 months later...

Hi - message for MichaelMurryUK, love your work.

Is there an FM 2017 version of your FM 2016 Titlebar Colour Mod (link below) that removes the overlay and allows the actual Team Titlebar colour to be displayed? I tried to use the same panels from your previous mod but this didn't seem to work.

https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/Skins/fm16-kit-titlebar-colours-mod

Also, any guides on how to edit the sidebar to display the default dark colours, like it does on generic screens, and not match the titlebar colour. 

Thank you for your continued support -  you are the man!

William.

• 4 months later...

@D_LO_

Thank you very much for your response. I've been trying to edit files as the guide suggests, with your advise in mind, but I cannot figure it out (my skinning abilities are poor, to be honest).

I really appreciate your help none the less and if anyone has this mod working on FM2017 it would be greatly appreciated. I'm a sucker for the aesthetics of the teams I manage.

You guys rock!

For the sidebar have a look at this thread from this post onwards:

You can basically cheat by adding a new background over the top that can be recoloured.

Though if you are only wanting to recolour the sidebar for the team you are managing the easier option is D_LO_'s method where you just need to locate the colour line for the colour your team plays in and adjust it to match the real colour rather than the tweaked colour.

@michaeltmurrayuk You are the man!! (and thanks again @D_LO_ for suggesting I use the guides on the link I sent) 

Michael, using your page, some panels from Vitrex and finally, for the sidebar, the sidebar bg image fix, I have my Football Manager looking exactly how I like it. 

8 months or so I have yearned for this. Shows with some questions and a bit of effort it can be done. Thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/22/2014 at 17:15, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You need to edit the sidebar menu table.xml file, locate this bit of code:

<!--club/nation selector-->

and paste this in above it:

<!-- Primary Logo -->

<widget class="picture" id="lgtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="bottom">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0"/>

<attachment class="test_setting_attachment" get_setting="show_badges" default_value="true" set_property="hidn">

<boolean id="value" value="false"/>

</attachment>

<!-- tells the picture to listen to the 'main picture' global property being set, and set its own file property from it -->

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="mnpc" />

<integer id="set_property" value="file" />

</record>

</widget>

That will display the main logo on the bottom of the sidebar. If you want to move it up increase the inset value. If you want to change where it is positioned change the image_alignment value. however note it just sits behind the sidebar options at the moment, if you want it to show on top paste the above code down here the bottom of the file but above the </panel> bit at the bottom, if you want it to move the sidebar contents then it requires more than a quick checking of the code, also doesn't seem possible to display the secondary logo (can get a weird cut-off transparent nation logo to show using the sbpc id?)

What I have to edit to be able to have only one custom logo with the URL inserted into it with this type of code?

thanks

6 hours ago, keysi said:

What I have to edit to be able to have only one custom logo with the URL inserted into it with this type of code?

thanks

If you just want to add a static image then the code from this guide should still work, though you'll need to play around with where to put it and the values to position it:

Though if you want the game to grab the image from the internet then I don't think that is possible.

Archived