[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deserved mate. One final question, do I extract the graphics .rar folder in this exact directory?:

79558a8c7fb7f7a1cbd8ac248bd04e83.png

(Sorry to clog the thread with pictures, the forum really needs a button to hide them..)

What i would do is delete the current folder which says Graphics first

Then unzip the graphics.zip folder right there

that should create a new folder in there called graphics

then delete the zip folder... then load the game

then go to preferences, click on more options and clear the cache

then reload the skin.

then it should be perfect!

Not had the chance to download it yet but congratulations on getting this finished and released exactly when you said you would. Can only imagine how much work has gone into this.

Once I've downloaded it and added a few Wednesday legends of my own I can see the rest of my weekend being spent shunning the warm weather locked away indoors with my laptop.

Not had the chance to download it yet but congratulations on getting this finished and released exactly when you said you would. Can only imagine how much work has gone into this.

Once I've downloaded it and added a few Wednesday legends of my own I can see the rest of my weekend being spent shunning the warm weather locked away indoors with my laptop.

lol Thanks very much. Sounds like the perfect weekend... ;) And you save money too by shunning the all too warm weather.

What i would do is delete the current folder which says Graphics first

Then unzip the graphics.zip folder right there

that should create a new folder in there called graphics

then delete the zip folder... then load the game

then go to preferences, click on more options and clear the cache

then reload the skin.

then it should be perfect!

Cheers, all sorted now mate :thup:

I can't get it to work, alot of the leagues say "can't get to work, only found 15 teams, not 16" etc etc

Strange as it is working fine here, make sure there is only one editor file in the folder and that is the only one enabled when you load the game.

if that doesn't work try deleting the one in there and downloading the file again.

https://www.mediafire.com/?wssrb480et0rnyf

if i've replaced the DBC, EDT and INC files in the steam folder "data" will that have an effect?

I am not sure, the only files i have in the editor data folder is the Ultimate Legends and the config file.

If anything else is in there, it will have an effect. It should be fine, but when you load the game, click on new game and then press custom, it will take you to your editor files, and make sure that only the ultimate legends is ticked and none of the others, it should then be perfect... any other files in there may conflict with it.

If anyone is having any issues, please do the following..

go to steam: right click on football manager 2016 game and go to Properties, then Local Files

VERIFY THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME CACHE..

then try again after that.

it created a further DBC file, although I only chose that for some reason it ****ed it.....how strange

I am happy its working for you now mate, i wouldn't recommend changing it. hes a manager which is why i didnt spot it, but with a name like smith, he should be english! It is strange, but i wouldnt have any other file in there for those reasons, it can really mess it up.

the poaching to be done from the Hungarian league is simply amazing.

I can't praise this db enough, great stuff.

Only comment conceptually is it's strange to have someone from the 1800's as 17 years old but someone who peaked in 2009 being 24 at the start of the save, but I understand you tried to follow the 24 year old rule in places

the poaching to be done from the Hungarian league is simply amazing.

I can't praise this db enough, great stuff.

Only comment conceptually is it's strange to have someone from the 1800's as 17 years old but someone who peaked in 2009 being 24 at the start of the save, but I understand you tried to follow the 24 year old rule in places

Thanks mate, some are younger and some are peaking. I just decided to mix it up a bit :) There is not 24 rule, it is just that ability reflects the age... i just tried to ensure that 24,25 was the highest age. And some are just the age they were when they joined the clubs. I felt that we need to enjoy some of these legends more. I didnt really think oh hes from the 1800's lets make him older, i just did what i felt was right for each player individually given my researching and also in light of when they joined, and i would always go younger if i could because we enjoy more of them that way.

haha yes, just strange to me Shearer and Roque Santa Cruz are older than Bob Crompton.

i have to admit i've giggled emphatically at some of the players that are in this, such great research

Thanks mate. You only get out of something what you put into it after all...

Bob is Mr Blackburn, so its good you can enjoy him for longer.

maybe the transfers are a bit too easy lots of activity straight away including Alex Ferguson as the new Valencia manager otherwise amazing as expected :thup:

yes that is what i wanted, no point in a legends game if you can't sign anyone! :) He left Aberdeen quickly! I like it that you can also sell anyone easily. much more fun and what you need is self discipline because you don't want to over fill your squad as you can only field 11 positions. It's great that there is activity straight away, the economy is booming!

Just browsing through all the legends before I start my game properly. Looks great so far. Very excited to see the list of players willing to join my Sheffield Wednesday side. If anything the choice is a little overwhelming, do I make my first signing Zico, Socrates, Mazzola or Cruyff?!

Just a couple of little issues I've noticed so far. You've forgotten to remove Ze Roberto's (Leverkusen) retirement date and so he's due to retire at the end of the first season.

And also, not sure if this is an issue that you've (accidentally) created or just an issue with how the game handles these legends but, Zico not getting a work permit?! Wtf?!

Zico_%20Reports%20Scout%20Report_zpsc8axkfca.png

In fact after this I noticed that every non-Eu player not based in England that I've scouted all come back with "Would probably fail to gain a work permit".

Just browsing through all the legends before I start my game properly. Looks great so far. Very excited to see the list of players willing to join my Sheffield Wednesday side. If anything the choice is a little overwhelming, do I make my first signing Zico, Socrates, Mazzola or Cruyff?!

Just a couple of little issues I've noticed so far. You've forgotten to remove Ze Roberto's (Leverkusen) retirement date and so he's due to retire at the end of the first season.

And also, not sure if this is an issue that you've (accidentally) created or just an issue with how the game handles these legends but, Zico not getting a work permit?! Wtf?!

Zico_%20Reports%20Scout%20Report_zpsc8axkfca.png

In fact after this I noticed that every non-Eu player not based in England that I've scouted all come back with "Would probably fail to gain a work permit".

I have checked and the date is removed for ze roberto so not sure why he is retiring, i will fix this and update

i found this which may explain it.. http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

The English FA have changed their rules regarding work permits, which now make it harder for players to be eligible for a work permit.

As a result we have reflected these changes in game, which will mean bringing in non-EU players won't be as easy as previously.

I just tried to sign a couple of non-Eu players, randomly chosen, and they did get work permits on appeal after initially being turned down.

Seeing as this is a fantasy database and I don't want restrictions imposed on the teams I want to build I'm just going to make all major nations EU members so I don't have to worry about work permits.

It's one thing for the FA to make work permits harder to obtain for non-EU players, but quite another to be refusing them to the likes of Pele, Maradona and Zico :D

I just tried to sign a couple of non-Eu players, randomly chosen, and they did get work permits on appeal after initially being turned down.

Seeing as this is a fantasy database and I don't want restrictions imposed on the teams I want to build I'm just going to make all major nations EU members so I don't have to worry about work permits.

It's one thing for the FA to make work permits harder to obtain for non-EU players, but quite another to be refusing them to the likes of Pele, Maradona and Zico :D

I agree with you, if you want to get rid of work permits, just put every nation as EU, The darn FA .. lol

What you will find though is that in a couple of years, the players will have more internationals under their belt and it wont be so hard to sign them

and who said this game was too easy to sign players! lol

The other option is to manage in a country not so strict on work permits.

Also noticed when scrolling through the transfers that Manuel Lanzini was randomly at Oxford United and had been transferred to a German side for £10 million. Is this something you did purposely or a mistake?

Poor Honved have been relieved of 3 of their legends within the first week of my save :(

Going to tweak a couple of things, EU nations, Smith and Ze Roberto and then start a proper save :)

Also noticed when scrolling through the transfers that Manuel Lanzini was randomly at Oxford United and had been transferred to a German side for £10 million. Is this something you did purposely or a mistake?

Poor Honved have been relieved of 3 of their legends within the first week of my save :(

Going to tweak a couple of things, EU nations, Smith and Ze Roberto and then start a proper save :)

Ha there was no where to put him and I put him at Oxford because i felt they deserved a break! Well noticed :)

Poor Honved :( But thats not a surprise... it will be interesting to see if they replace them

I have updated it now so Smith is Scottish and ze roberto is not retiring. Although I am sure Smith is an English name.

I have updated all links as well :thup:

There's a lot of transfer activity in the first couple of weeks, it's hard to keep track of it all!

Despite the impressive strikerforce they already start the game with Man Utd have already added Papin and Sandor Kocsis to their side. Scary :D

There's a lot of transfer activity in the first couple of weeks, it's hard to keep track of it all.

Despite the impressive strikerforce that alreay start the game with Man Utd have already added Papin and Sandor Kocsis to their side. Scary :D

Great! That is what you want, everyone signing and building. Just wouldn't want to play United then.. :lol:

Finally got round to downloading after the busy day I had yesterday, not had chance to play it yet. However, I am so looking forward to playing this database. :thup:

I am sure you will enjoy it! If you have any issues let me know. :thup:

I'm looking forward to downloading this tonight, I'm gonna move Celtic and maybe Sevco/Aberdeen to England as id like a bit more of a challenge, new Celtic and Scotland manager here

Fair enough, Who wouldn't want to manage that Celtic Team. Sounds like a plan! Kenny Dalglish in his prime too.

Quite a few duplicates in the database, also faces are all messed up even after clearing cache and reloading skin, also Nesta is a 24 year old coach? shouldnt he bee a player in the game

There are no duplicates in the database and facepack is working fine. What you should do is make sure that you only have one file in the editor data folder, and the config and only the ultimate legends enabled when you load the game. Also delete your original graphics folder, then unzip the zipped folder leaving you with only that graphics folder and then clear the cache and reload skin. If that doesnt work, you need to verify the integrity of your game cache... go to steam, right click on fm16 and then go to properties, local files. It must be a problem at your end. :thup:

Just started on the database, managing Man Utd and tried to sign Schmeichel and the bid was accepted but he wanted £105,000 p/w...what the hell lol :p

Yes, the maximum for the top end player should be around 85k but some of the agents are greedy! Just negotiate the best deal you can... :thup:

He would command at least 200k a week in his prime today, so that's not too bad. :)

There are no duplicates in the database and facepack is working fine. What you should do is make sure that you only have one file in the editor data folder, and the config and only the ultimate legends enabled when you load the game. Also delete your original graphics folder, then unzip the zipped folder leaving you with only that graphics folder and then clear the cache and reload skin. If that doesnt work, you need to verify the integrity of your game cache... go to steam, right click on fm16 and then go to properties, local files. It must be a problem at your end. :thup:

Worked a charm, amazing update, im going to have so much fun

My front four is Cristiano Ronaldo,maradona,best and Ronaldo.gary Neville was on a youth contract and as I was over my wage budget i couldn't offer him a new deal,swansea offered him a deal and he went there.only got two million compensation for him.hope no one comes in for Hughes.

Just to point out to people that this does work with certain other editor data files, but you obviously have to be careful using ones that have editing any kind of player data as they may clash with Fenech's db. Any transfer updates or attribute adjustment files will cause problems with Fenech's db. However SortitoutSi's real competition names and licensing fixes should work fine, as does any media source additions (by this I mean files that have added more regional newspapers, websites, journalists etc to the db).

edit: And also it isn't necessary to delete your whole graphics folder, just the facepacks as kit and logo graphics will still work fine also.