FM15: Glasgow Rangers Bringing The Glory Days Back To Ibrox

steff91

Great to hear that. Keep it up!

Iam so delighted right now, Vlad Achim scored a Goal in the 91 minute of the last CL group stage game against Liverpool (lost 0-4 as reported earlier).

Were now through to the First Knockout after some brilliant perfomances. Especially that Wickham guy is a beast for me, playing as inside forward, f9 or sometimes complete forward.

Alot of EPL Teams want him so he will go after this Season, or i need to raise payment on him...payment is a problem for me too, i dont want to spend 30k p/w on any player.

Highest paid right now is Christensen with 18k (he will be sold this or next season, i think i buy Souttar who is unhappy at Bournemouth), then Macleod and Josué follow with 14,5k each. On a sad note Ross McLyon will leave on a Free Transfer after being injured for 12 months in total, he wont reach his potential atleast not here.

I did splash out the money (6,5 mil € + future fees) for a brilliant brazilian regen who will join me end of the season. 30 Mil buyout, so lets see.

Also regarding that name and the amount i payed i have high hopes (Amendoim meaning Peanut(s)).

EguKvu1.png

Hoping on getting an "easy" draw in that CL Knockout Round 1, then anything goes.

Edit: Got Man U, so..lets see. Also Youri Tielemans will join me on a Free from Anderlecht.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 4 - Champs League, made it through to the Groups stage :-)

Group is Rangers, Juventus, Ath Madrid and Ajax, amazingly started well with 1 nil wins over Ath Madris (h) and Ajax(a) so top of group so far....

just beat Juventus 4 -1 (h) to have 9 points and be in a decent position to progress. Captain Lewis MacLeod banged in 2 goals :-)

Still wouldn't put money on getting through but a great start ....

Final 3 group fixtures, drew 1 - 1 juventus (a) lost 2- 3 Ath Madrid (a) and Ajax (h) was a 1-2 loss, but 10 points put me through behind Ath Madrid on 12.

Been playing as Rangers too, tried to play as many of the youngsters as possible and for that reason sold/released/stuck in the reserves until contracts were up: Daly, McCulloch, Boyd, Miller, Bell, Templeton, Faure, Moshni, Peralta, Simonsen, Foster, Zaliukas, Hutton, Steven Smith, Black, Law and Shiels.

Signed Levi Ives (16 year old left back from Torquay), Stephen Hendrie (another left back from Hamilton) and the major signing of Dele Alli from MK Dons. Also managed to bring in John Souttar from Dundee Utd.

Our regular side was:

GK: Robbie McRorie (Kelly as back up) - I loaned Bell to Dundee Utd so Kelly got the majority of u20 games

RB: Ryan Sinnamon (McAusland back up)

CB: Pascazio/ Craig Halkett

CB: John Souttar (Darren McGregor backed up and Zaliukas stepped in every now and then until Halkett and Gasparotto returned. When Gasparotto came back he replaced Pascazio as First Choice

LB: Hendrie/Ives

CM: Dele alli/ jordan Hammil

CM: Lewis McLeod/Junior Ogen/Andy Murdoch

LM: Lee Wallace/Ives

RW: Fraser Aird/Ross Lyon

F9: Ross Lyon/Templeton/Danny Stoney/ Barrie McKay

AF: Ryan Hardie (think he scored 27 in the end)/ Nicky Clark

Also had 3 or 4 decent players come through our youth team who are getting a few games here and there. Played the old guys who I couldn't shift on in the Cups too. We ended up coming 2nd and had to rely on the playoffs to go up.

The next year the old boys who I couldn't shift had their contracts up so were released. I also released any youngsters that were clearly not guna make it. Bell was sold permanently to Blackburn and Lee Wallace to Bourenmouth. Signed kristoffer Ajer, Joe Gomez, Moussa Dembele (the young striker) as well as getting loan deals for Adama Traore, Todd Kane, Jeremie Boga. I also loaned out Kelly to get him game time so signed some **** Swedish keeper on loan from Heerenveen as cover. It's January now and I have added Ryan Fraser from Bourenmouth and am deciding between bringing Danny Wilson back or signing some young spanish kid from Villareal to add defensive cover.

Changed our formation this year to a bit of a weird lopsided one. Our team now is:

GK: Robbie McCrorie/on loan swede

RB: Joe Gomez/ Todd Kane (Sinnamon was loaned out but is now getting some games again)

CB: Gasparotto/Joe Gomez

CB: John Souttar/ Craig Halkett

Regista: Ajer/Crawford

Roaming Playmaker: Delle Ali/Murdoch/Ramsay

CMA: Lewis McLeod/Ross Lyon

RW: Adama Traore/Fraser Aird/Ryan Fraser /Ross Lyon

Trequartita: Dembele/Ross Lyon/Danny Stoney

Advanced Forward: Ryan Hardie/Barrie McKay /2 or 3 of our youth regens.

Bit of a weird formation with no left sided midfielder means we are quite exposed on that side, has led to a lot of 'you score 3 and we'll score 4' kind of games. Seems to just about be working though. Currently 2nd in January, just 2 behind leaders Partick Thistle. Celtic are struggling in the bottom half but it's quite a tight league. Our wage bill is so much lower than when it started thanks to shifting the high earners and playing so many youngsters on contracts less than £1k p/w. Think our highest earner is on around £6k. Was quite tough thinking of all that from memory! Been a really enjoyable save so far.

Writing this sentences i feel utter dissappointment beside feeling we played a really strong campaign.

Won against way better teams but the nerves of my Goalie were not tight enough for the Second Leg.

Beside being 2-0 ahead we just played 2-2 away agains Leverkusen after having lost the First leg 1-0 at Ibrox.

With Wickham, Arata injured, Macleod and Winter playing really bad the last games i just feel there could have been more.

6YvZa8M.png

rNaDZ6j.png

I don´t know which way to go right now. Alot of 1 Team Players have just 1 year left on their contracts (as does mine) and they want alot more money to sign.

Did make some great signings for the next Season (tielemans), also some youngsters could be promoted to 1 team, 20 players seem not to be enough with that injuries.

Also that Celtic Loss in the Cup feels kinda bad, as theyre only 5th in league and european qualifications is not happening from them beside they win the cup.

I don't have nerves for this game. First round of the Challenge Cup, and I'm playing Hearts away. I'm 3-0 up at halftime, thanks to Kenny Miller and two goals from Nicky Clark. After 72 minutes, the score is 3-3 and my defense is sailing. I'm not happy. Then, in four minutes of overtime, Nicky Clark completes his hattrick and we get the win by 4-3. Jeez.

Been playing as Rangers too, tried to play as many of the youngsters as possible and for that reason sold/released/stuck in the reserves until contracts were up: Daly, McCulloch, Boyd, Miller, Bell, Templeton, Faure, Moshni, Peralta, Simonsen, Foster, Zaliukas, Hutton, Steven Smith, Black, Law and Shiels.

Signed Levi Ives (16 year old left back from Torquay), Stephen Hendrie (another left back from Hamilton) and the major signing of Dele Alli from MK Dons. Also managed to bring in John Souttar from Dundee Utd.

Our regular side was:

GK: Robbie McRorie (Kelly as back up) - I loaned Bell to Dundee Utd so Kelly got the majority of u20 games

RB: Ryan Sinnamon (McAusland back up)

CB: Pascazio/ Craig Halkett

CB: John Souttar (Darren McGregor backed up and Zaliukas stepped in every now and then until Halkett and Gasparotto returned. When Gasparotto came back he replaced Pascazio as First Choice

CM: Dele alli/ jordan Hammil

CM: Lewis McLeod/Junior Ogen/Andy Murdoch

LM: Lee Wallace/Ives

RW: Fraser Aird/Ross Lyon

F9: Ross Lyon/Templeton/Danny Stoney/ Barrie McKay

AF: Ryan Hardie (think he scored 27 in the end)/ Nicky Clark

Also had 3 or 4 decent players come through our youth team who are getting a few games here and there. Played the old guys who I couldn't shift on in the Cups too. We ended up coming 2nd and had to rely on the playoffs to go up.

The next year the old boys who I couldn't shift had their contracts up so were released. I also released any youngsters that were clearly not guna make it. Bell was sold permanently to Blackburn and Lee Wallace to Bourenmouth. Signed kristoffer Ajer, Joe Gomez, Moussa Dembele (the young striker) as well as getting loan deals for Adama Traore, Todd Kane, Jeremie Boga. I also loaned out Kelly to get him game time so signed some **** Swedish keeper on loan from Heerenveen as cover. It's January now and I have added Ryan Fraser from Bourenmouth and am deciding between bringing Danny Wilson back or signing some young spanish kid from Villareal to add defensive cover.

Changed our formation this year to a bit of a weird lopsided one. Our team now is:

GK: Robbie McCrorie/on loan swede

RB: Joe Gomez/ Todd Kane (Sinnamon was loaned out but is now getting some games again)

CB: Gasparotto/Joe Gomez

CB: John Souttar/ Craig Halkett

Regista: Ajer/Crawford

Roaming Playmaker: Delle Ali/Murdoch/Ramsay

CMA: Lewis McLeod/Ross Lyon

RW: Adama Traore/Fraser Aird/Ryan Fraser /Ross Lyon

Trequartita: Dembele/Ross Lyon/Danny Stoney

Advanced Forward: Ryan Hardie/Barrie McKay /2 or 3 of our youth regens.

Bit of a weird formation with no left sided midfielder means we are quite exposed on that side, has led to a lot of 'you score 3 and we'll score 4' kind of games. Seems to just about be working though. Currently 2nd in January, just 2 behind leaders Partick Thistle. Celtic are struggling in the bottom half but it's quite a tight league. Our wage bill is so much lower than when it started thanks to shifting the high earners and playing so many youngsters on contracts less than £1k p/w. Think our highest earner is on around £6k. Was quite tough thinking of all that from memory! Been a really enjoyable save so far.

Great story about success with the youngsters- what a pity A McC didn't follow your lead in real life.

With just 1 year left on my contract i made some adjustments to get that CL Win or atleast the Final.

Don´t know about signing a new contract yet, will depend on how the team does.

Sold Achim, Ekdal and Arata for a combined 35 Million and bought some depth for the midfield, also Mandela Egbo is on a 2nd year loan as backup.

The team got an average age ov 22,5 so lets see. Almost everyone is too talented for Rangers in a few years.

Oh Yeah and England won the World Cup 2018.

My Current Team:

GK: Nichols/McRorie

LB: Vargas/Dumett/Egbo

CB: Peanut/Wilson (Devine, Roumain)

RB: Smith/Egbo/Vargas

A/DM: Mezo/Maccleod/Roumain

CM: Maccleod/Mezo/another regen

AP/RP: Tielemanns/Macleod/another regen

LW/LIF: Josué/Wickham/Marcos Lopez

Rw: Currie/Wickham/Aird

CF: Winter/Wickham/Baxter (Scottish Regen)

Season 5 and I was so close to CL final it hurts !! Lost 1st leg 1 - 4 at Man City, was winning 2nd leg 4 - 0 when they scored with 12 mins to go to take the game to extra time, no further scoring and lost 4 -5 on pens, Hart saved the only pen not scored. Gutted.

Next game lost 2 -3 at home to St Mirren when a draw would have won the League, so it is done to last day to get the point needed to secure 3 in a row..............

A 3 0 win at Thistle seals 3 in a row. Scottish Cup final against Celtic to finish season............... 3- 3 draw and finally a penalty shoot out win ! So League and Cup double at least, little consolation for CL semi but hey ho

I've bought FM last night and started my usual game with Rangers. Quickly signed Rhys McCabe and Vermijl on loan and trying to get Fyvie on loan aswell.

Trying to shift the usual suspects.....Hutton, Moshni, Peralta etc.

My team just now is

GK Bell

CWB-A Vermijl

LD-D Faure

LD-D Zaliukas

CWB-A Wallace

BWM-D McCulloch

CM-A McLeod

AP-A McCabe

W-S Aird

IF-S Law

P-A Boyd

Might try and raise some funds to buy Savitskiy.....who did everyone else sign in their first season?

I've bought FM last night and started my usual game with Rangers. Quickly signed Rhys McCabe and Vermijl on loan and trying to get Fyvie on loan aswell.

Trying to shift the usual suspects.....Hutton, Moshni, Peralta etc.

My team just now is

GK Bell

CWB-A Vermijl

LD-D Faure

LD-D Zaliukas

CWB-A Wallace

BWM-D McCulloch

CM-A McLeod

AP-A McCabe

W-S Aird

IF-S Law

P-A Boyd

Might try and raise some funds to buy Savitskiy.....who did everyone else sign in their first season?

Pretty much kept the samw squad season 1 I think, the big changes are needed at the end of it for top League.

Yeah, i'll def be releasing most of the players out of contractat the end of this season. I've only offered Gasparotto a contract so far.

Nobody of any real worth is interested in joining us just now so gonna stick it out with the squad and a few loans til the end of the season.

First season - I'm using David Templeton as a raumdeuter on the left flank, it's working absolute wonders. He's scored 8 goals in 4 games with Lee Wallace/Marek Cech (Free Transfer) playing as a CWB just behind.

Anyone else finding that Macleod is constantly picking up big injuries?

Keep Temps until end of season, then move for Demetri Mitchell from Man U on Loan. He has been a star for me for 5 seasons now, everyone on loan from Man U. Premiership has been won 5 times in a row with him as AML.

Actually thinking about it, Mitchell played AMR for the first couple of seasons ( so season 2 and 3) as a AMR as I picked up Gary Mackay-Stevens on a free at the end of season 1. He did a good job at AML for 2 seasons , then Mitchel swapped over.

I noticed MacKay-Steven was out of contract at the end of the 1st season, I'm gonna go for him. I've managed to sign Rhys McCabe, Fyvie, Vermijl and a young German striker from Red Bull Salburg on loan and I just signed Danny Wilson on a permanent contract although I had no choice but to put a £1m release clause in his contract but i'll take that out when I offer him a new contract near end of the season.

I noticed MacKay-Steven was out of contract at the end of the 1st season, I'm gonna go for him. I've managed to sign Rhys McCabe, Fyvie, Vermijl and a young German striker from Red Bull Salburg on loan and I just signed Danny Wilson on a permanent contract although I had no choice but to put a £1m release clause in his contract but i'll take that out when I offer him a new contract near end of the season.

Cool, remember and post how you get on :-)

I am now half way through 21/22 season and I have noticed something ridiculous. Ronny Deila is still in a job at Celtic having only won the SPL once and 2nd twice since 2015. It's ludicrous
Are rangers still in business so far into the game? Just curious, if they are then fair play to them.

In my save game with Derby County(signed Lewis MacLeod for 300k spread over 4 years) Rangers are still in the championship going into the 2015/16 season. Forgot to check if Super Ally is still the manager but I expect he's been replaced by either Jose Mourinho or Jurgen Klopp

Beat Hearts first game of the season 2 nil then lost away to Falkirk so changed my tactics from 41221 to a 4411....I couldn't get the wingers to track back and get in behind properly so moved them back to MR/L and putting them on attack duty and Rolando Aarons scored twice on his debut from ML :)

As soon as I changed my tactics and went to high tempo my team started to click....should run away with the league if I keep playing the way I am.

Got some boy on a pre contract from Frekistad (spelling?) coming in Jan aswell.

That Tielemans is a beast for me, his assists are just amazing.

Also a 3-0 Win over Real at Home to clinch the 2nd place in CL Group Stage makes me think about extending my contract here.

Amendoim really spoiled it a bit and he needed time to settle getting send off on two straight games (CL and League), but seems to have found his form.

Our Young Scottish Goalie usually starts the Cup Games while Nicholls is better than the Scout Reports suggest.

Macleod and Wilson "share" the Captaincy and are really good at doing. Regarding Walter Smith he retired in my Save but he was signable as Director of Football in FM14 & 13.

FRdMEpb.png

I'm still in my first season....top of the league by a few points.

I'm creating loads of chances but struggling to score....I've got Miller and a youngster on loan from Red Bull Salzburg called Quaschner and I don't like playing Boyd up front as I only play one up front. Any suggestions for a clinical striker that will work hard aswell?

I'm still in my first season....top of the league by a few points.

I'm creating loads of chances but struggling to score....I've got Miller and a youngster on loan from Red Bull Salzburg called Quaschner and I don't like playing Boyd up front as I only play one up front. Any suggestions for a clinical striker that will work hard aswell?

Connor Wickham, Youri Tielemanns (if available on a Free and youre not playing him as AP, also needs Stamina training), and a few Regens.

Connor Wickham, Youri Tielemanns (if available on a Free and youre not playing him as AP, also needs Stamina training), and a few Regens.
How are Rangers able to afford Connor Wickham's wages bearing in mind their current financial status? Do they get taken over and receive some sort of cash injection?

Started a game with Rangers, didn't spend any money on transfers but brought in the right-back Vermilj from Manchester United on a season long loan and also signed Adam Reach from Middlesbrough also on a season long loan. Reach started like a house on fire but has since been out injured for 4 weeks and has struggled for consistency since. We are unbeaten in the league after 9 games, winning 5 of them but performances have been poor and we are finding it hard to keep a clean sheet, as a result I have changed tactics and await to see what effect that will have on us.

We have reached the Challenge Cup Final where we will face Ayr United but Hearts knocked us out of the League Cup at Tynecastle, hoping for a board takeover at some point in the near future.

mbi9na.jpg

That's how the final table looks, we started off average before improving over the new year. We then faded badly in April and May but our lead was too substantial for either Hearts or Hibs to catch us. We were unbeaten up until April but suffered defeats to bottom of the table Queen of the South at Ibrox and two away defeats in Edinburgh to both the Jambos and Hibees. Neither Edinburgh club managed promotion, Hibs lost in the promotion play off final to Kimarnock who finished second bottom in the SPL, Dundee were relegated.

Our finances dictate that I have just signed a few promising youngsters on free transfers, I also managed to re-sign Adam Reach on loan from Boro for next season. The target is a mid-table finish which should be achievable, I am under no illusions just how poor the squad is though and it will be a challenge to move out the older experienced players and replace them with the up and coming youngsters. I was especially disappointed with the performances from Zaliukas and Miller last year.

Not doing too bad in the SPL approaching the half way point in the season, currently fourth but only a few points from Celtic at the top. We won the only Old Firm derby of the season so far 4-3 in a cracker at Ibrox, target pre-season was a mid-table finish and we are well on the way to achieving that.

Season 2015/16 Review

Final Table

2ektzd0.jpg

Season Summary

The only money we spent in the Summer was £180k on Hibs' promising young midfielder Scott Allan, whilst Adam Reach came in on loan from Middlesbrough for a second year in a row. We strengthened the squad with mostly promising youngsters like Benik Afobe and Dale Keenan on free transfers, the latter spent the year on loan at a lower league club. I was unimpressed with Zaliukas' performances last year so I flogged him to Cluj for £100k and decided to give some of the up and coming youngsters a run out such as Gasparotto.

The season started with an excellent 4-3 victory over Aberdeen at Pittodrie, Cove Rangers were then dismantled 5-1 in the League Cup before we saw off both Hamilton and Ross County to take maximum points from our first three games. Our first defeat of the season came against a fine Dundee United side who looked like they were going to push Celtic right to the wire as late as April but they fell away in the last few weeks. That defeat against the Terrors was followed up with a brilliant 4-3 win over Celtic at Ibrox though so I wasn't too concerned. Our pre-season expectation was to secure a top half finish and I was confident we could do that. We progressed into the Third Round of the League Cup with a 2-0 win away at Ayr but defeat was suffered at Rugby Park against Kilmarnock in our next league game before a poor draw with St Mirren. We beat Partick Thistle at Ibrox but then lost to Hamilton away from home in the League Cup to end our involvement in that competition.

Inverness took a point from Ibrox before two excellent away performances saw a 2-0 win over Motherwell and a 3-0 hammering of St Johnstone. We generally found it easier on our travels than we did at home throughout the campaign for some reason. We were keeping pace with Celtic and Dundee Utd at the top of the league though so I was quite happy. It wasn't really till after the New Year that things started to take a turn for the worse, there were some poor defeats suffered including a 3-0 loss to Dundee Utd at Ibrox where we conceded all three goals in the first half an hour. We also suffered a 5-2 battering at Aberdeen, it was 2-2 with 10 minutes to go so our late collapse irked me immensely. We had problems with discipline throughout the year, giving stupid penalties away and suffering needless dismissals which ended up costing us vital points. Injuries also took a toll, Gasparotto was our best defender but he seems quite injury prone and without him marshalling the back four we just seemed to collapse spectacularly at times, infuriating me in the process.

I was disappointed to finish fifth as we were in the top three all year up until the last few weeks when poor form ended up with both Inverness and Aberdeen overtaking us. We lost four of our last 8 games, but ended the season with a decent 3-1 win over Dundee Utd away from home. After winning the first Old Firm derby of the season we lost the rest including a 3-1 defeat in the Scottish Cup quarter final in a replay following a 1-1 draw at Ibrox. I suppose finishing fifth is nothing to be scoffed at in our first season back up and the squad is very much a work in progress. Our best players are Gasparotto, Aird and McLeod whilst Adam Reach was also vital for us when he wasn't injured, he has now gone back to Middlesbrough although I would love to sign him permanently.

Finances

Our current balance is £3.5m in the black.

Next Season

Develop the youngsters and try and finish in the top three, I would also like to win some significant silverware in the form of either the League Cup or the Scottish Cup, here's hoping.

Any players I should look to sign in the second season? Looks like I will be getting promoted but looks like I'll be letting a lot of players go who are out of contract.

Also any tips on how any of you set up your scouting? My scouts don't seem to be finding that many players. I have Scotland, England, Italy, Germany and Spain leagues loaded with large database.

I'm still in my first season, around about January....cant get time to play. I've managed to sign James Wilson on loan from Man U for 2 seasons, signed Odegaard :) and also Simon Thern on a free. I sold Fraser Aird to Rennes for £2.5m to fund the moves and wages. I've also managed to get Mackay-Steven on a bosman at the end of the season.

So my team in the first season is.....

GK - Bell

RB - Vermijl

CB - Faure

CB - Danny Wilson

LB - Wallace

RM - Thern/Law

CM - Macleod

CM - Fyvie

LM - Templeton

AMC - Odegaard

SC - Wilson

Season 2016/17 Review

Final Table

2pos84m.jpg

Season Summary

Not much transfer activity in terms of incomings, we signed Adam Reach and Jonny Hayes on free transfers. Hayes would prove to be more than able cover for Lee Wallace at left back during one of Wallace's lengthy lay offs through injury. We spent £1.8m on Eric Lichaj from Millwall as we needed a quality right back. In the winter we went to our feeder club in England MK Dons to sign their centre-back Dionatan Teixeira for £400k, he would prove to be a quality player and he's only 24 years old. We recouped nothing in terms of transfer fees for letting players go but the wage bill was significantly trimmed by the departures of senior players such as Kenny Miller and Jon Daly.

We started the season with a 2-1 home win over Dundee United so I had high hopes for us but the optimism was soon replaced with foreboding as we went on a really poor run of form. We drew with St Mirren before losing 2-0 to newly promoted Hearts at Tynecastle. St Johnstone were beaten 1-0 at Ibrox before we thumped Brechin 4-0 in the League Cup but we then went on a dismal run of recording only one win from our next five, including a 2-1 loss at home to Celtic who were already pulling away. A 3-2 loss to Inverness on 2nd October left us in 9th place, 12 points behind the leaders Celtic.

Our poor run led me to trialling several new tactics and playing styles and I think I finally managed to find a one that suited us as we managed to win our next four league games in a row. Sadly though our League Cup campaign was ended prematurely by Dundee United who underservedly beat us 3-0 at home. We drew with Hearts and St Johnstone before winning another 3 games in a row. On Boxing Day we nicked a great point at Parkhead, coming away with a 1-1 draw. That draw with Celtic was the start of something incredible as we won our next 15 games in a row! Remarkably though that run of form was not enough to see us take a commanding lead at the top of the table.

Our Scottish Cup campaign was ended by St Johnstone in Round 5. With four games to go we were 2 points clear at the top of the table but we then threw away a 2 goal lead over Partick Thistle to draw 2-2 away from home. Celtic won their game so we were both level on points with three games to go although the Bhoys had a far superior goal difference. Our next game was also at Parkhead in a game where we were just outclassed completely, Salomon Kalou bagging a hat-trick in a 3-0 win for Celtic. We won our last two games of the season 3-1 and 5-3 against Inverness and St Johnstone but it wasn't enough for us to claim the title. Its been a fantastic season for us and although I was disappointed not to win the league we definitely overachieved. Maybe with one or two key additions in the Summer we can go one better next year, we need access to the lucrative Champions League to really progress.

Key Players

Young striker Ryan Hardie was expected to play a bit part role this season but he played a key role as the season drew to a close and ended the campaign with 15 goals. Kris Boyd top scored with 22 goals. Lewis McLeod scored 12 goals from midfield and he looks like a class act already at just 22 years of age. 23 year old left winger Adam Reach scored 10 league goals and claimed numerous assists whilst at the back Gasparotto and Teixeira were a pair of rocks. We had some trouble getting Gasparotto to sign a new contract but we managed it in the end, there was a risk he could leave on a free transfer in June.

Finances

We have only £1.1m in the bank and we're struggling to make money.

Next Season

We desperately need to win a major trophy whilst a decent run in the Europa League would be nice, we've got a couple of great free transfers arriving including Christope Berra from Ipswich so hopefully we can go one better and win the league.

safcrhys, you got a screenshot of your squad? £1.1m is quite low.....is your wage budget high?

The finances have improved over the Summer and we now have £11m in the bank, the problem comes when the club loses about £1m a month throughout the season so come May we're back at square one again.

The finances have improved over the Summer and we now have £11m in the bank, the problem comes when the club loses about £1m a month throughout the season so come May we're back at square one again.

You shouldn't be losing a million a month in the top league.....as long as you get rid of Templeton, McCulloch etc and a few of the higher earners and replace them with players on more realistic wages then your bank balance should go up.

Been a while since I've posted. I'm now in the 25/26 season. Won the Champions League last year which was awesome! Since 2016 I've only lost the league once, in 2019, yet Ronny Deila is still in a job. It's taken me long enough but finally I have some youth players taking first team positions which is great since the board only gave me £8m this year to spend and any player that would improve my squad is £20m+. I'm en route to winning the league again this year. Kinda getting bored with Rangers but I'm going to wait till McLeod and Gasparotto retire then I'll move to a new club for a new challenge

Doing well, 4 points ahead of Celtic as Xmas approaches and our next game is at Parkhead. I just turned down Aston Villa, whilst there were rumours Spurs wanted me but they appointed someone else instead. I may have considered the Spurs job.

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna give Rangers another go after having hardly any time to play this year.

Does anyone know how to edit the board on the editor so that they want to sell up? Put fan confidence etc. down to zero but it's still coming up as loves the club.

Don't think I could bring myself to work for the Somers & the Easdale's either! :D

I've started another game aswell, finished top of the league again in first season, giving the kids a chance.

Barely renewed any contracts at the end of the season allowing a lot of the older higher earners such as Miller and Black to leave on free transfers. Spent £600k on 23 year old centre back Danny Willson from Hearts to play alongside Gasparotto in the heart of defence, got Vermijl on loan from Manchester United to play at right back and with Lee Wallace on the left hand side we have one of the best defences in the top flight.

Lewis McLeod and Tom Taiwo are the two midfield anchors with Fraiser Aird and Adam Reach playing on the flanks, Nicky Law is playing just behind the striker who is currently Kris Boyd.

First game of the season was away at Tannadice, a difficult fixture but we performed well and aided by a Dundee Utd player being dismissed after 22 minutes, won the game 2-0.

I have just done 10 seasons at Rangers, won the champs, then finished 2nd, then won 8 in a row. CL , best was 2nd KO round, never could quite crack that.

Think this save is done though, and may start another one after the update to see what these 5 NUFC guys are like .

Archived