FM15: Glasgow Rangers Bringing The Glory Days Back To Ibrox

steff91

im getting bored with it also, does anyone know how to change the league format on the editor ? i wanted to make the top 2 leagues in scotland into one league, it kills my soul having to play against various teams like 4 teams a season, i had a try on the editor with no luck

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im getting bored with it also, does anyone know how to change the league format on the editor ? i wanted to make the top 2 leagues in scotland into one league, it kills my soul having to play against various teams like 4 teams a season, i had a try on the editor with no luck

Look/ask in the Editor's Hideaway forum

Finally got round to starting my Rangers save and it's going well so far. 5 games and 5 wins including a 4-0 win against Hearts in the opening league game.

Made a ******** of loan signings as funds are tight and the current squad is absolutely brutal. Managed to bring in; Adam Campbell, Ryan Mason, Boyata, Vermijl, Ryan McLaughlin, Luke Garbutt, Avidaj and Sebastian Kerk. Also brought in Nyron Nosworthy on a free. Campbell has been absolutely unreal for me scoring 11 in 5 games. Boyd and Miller are injured and can't really see a way back for them if he keeps that form up.

Staff wise, John Rudge came in as DoF, Joe Corrigan as AM and Hughie McAuley & Arthur Albuston as coaches. Only kept Jim Stewart and Jamie Ramsden from the original setup as the rest are completrly useless... Just like real life! :(

Also, has anyone had any luck shifting on the likes of Moshni/Hutton/Foster etc? Been trying to shift them the full window and no ones remotely interested, even on a free!

In my last Rangers save I finished 5th in my first season back in the top flight, on this save however I managed to win the league and Scottish Cup double, just shows what can happen when you find a tactic that works for you.

David Goodwillie was a hell of a signing, picked him up on a free and he scored 35 league goals in 37 games and he also top scored in the Scottish Cup with 7 goals. Danny Wilson was another fantastic signing, easily repaying the £600k I paid Hearts.

In truth we nearly blew the title though, with 8 games remaining we were 9 points clear. Crucially neither us or Celtic could gain any sort of advantage over each other in the Old Firm derbies, with all four league games ending in draws. With the season coming to a close we lost to Hearts and suffered disappointing home draw with Partick Thistle. We also went to bottom of the table Ross County and put in a spineless display to lose 3-1, Ross County offered me a job as their manager after that game for some reason.

On the last day of the season we were level on points with Celtic but we had a substantially better GD meaning a win would secure the title. We were away at St Johnstone whilst the Bhoys were at home to Inverness, it seemed like everything was in place for us to blow a our opportunity, something which would have devastated me given that we had led the league for virtually the whole season. In the end though we put in a very good display and were 2-0 up at half time, St Johnstone pulled one back late in the second half but we held on for the win. In the end it wouldn't have mattered if we lost because Celtic somehow lost at home to Caley.

The Scottish Cup final was against Celtic and given that we had drawn all our previous games that season I just couldn't call which way it was going to go. In the end though we played very well and romped to a comfortable 3-1 win over our rivals.

Not sure what the future holds though, I have made a few decent signings during the Summer and will tackle the Champions League with relish. If a decent job offer comes in from a decent English club I may accept it.

I'm still in my first season (been playing slowly for months)......im about 18 points clear at the top of the championship so I've been looking into my team for next season.....I've signed MacKay-Steven, Garbutt and an Italian defender Goldaniga? (on loan from Juve to Perugia) all on pre-contracts.

I'll prob try and sign Ajer, Ben Pearson from Man Utd and hopefully Harry Kane aswell (he's in the reserves and listed for loan).

How does everyone find it when they get to the Premiership?

what database is that from mate looks awesome!!!

mate it really is, only problem for some people is the amount of home grown talent you need in each squad.

League Rules

IXrQxNw.png

Fa Cup Rules

ck7ylG8.png

player development in the way forward. unless you feel like going into the editor and changing it like most people have been doing

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=366058759

Link ^

Nearly dont the second season still undefeated and close to a domestic treble :)

rlofudY.png

Squad

zUJKKdz.png

Every team also gets around 4 million in Tv Cash so yeah its sweet mate

mate it really is, only problem for some people is the amount of home grown talent you need in each squad.

League Rules

IXrQxNw.png

Fa Cup Rules

ck7ylG8.png

player development in the way forward. unless you feel like going into the editor and changing it like most people have been doing

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=366058759

Link ^

Nearly dont the second season still undefeated and close to a domestic treble :)

rlofudY.png

Squad

zUJKKdz.png

Every team also gets around 4 million in Tv Cash so yeah its sweet mate[/quote

Any chance u can upload that file mate,cant seem to get it from Steam somehow...

I'm finally onto my 2nd season....won the Championship by about 20 points. I've cleared out my squad and signed 10 players.....my team going into the 2nd season is.

GK: Bell/Mucha

DR: Patric/O'Hara

DC: Wilson/Gasparotto

DC: Goldaniga/Faure

DL: Wallace/Garbutt

ML: Templeton/Miyaichi

MC: Odegaard/Thern

MC: Ajer/Pearson

MC: MacLeod/Johansen Westgaard

MR: MacKay-Steven/Law

SC: Wilson/Will Keane/Bamford (hopefully, in talks)

I think that's a good enough squad to win the SPL then hopefully i'll get money from Europe to improve my squad.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Season 5- just got the team through to the CL group stage for the first time. The draw?

Man Utd, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. Piece of cake eh?

Anyone else had a draw this tough?

Never had it that tough I must say! Although I always tend to draw Barcelona!

• 4 months later...

First season in the Prem and the League Cup joins the Premiership title at Ibrox. Current squad but with John Swift( 2 season loan) and Rafal Wolski added. Wolski has been superb. Beat CFC at Celtic park to win the title , 10 points clear with 2 games left to play. Only dissapointment was a 2 - 1 defeat in Scottish semi to Hamilton .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Sorry to relight an old thread.

I have just started playing FM15 after a long time out (last one was FM12)

Decided to manage Glasgow Rangers for the same reasons you have in your first post. Bring the Gers back to the glory days and surpass Celtic.

However, I would like some help with staff to hire. You mentioned Jim Leishmann as DoF and I checked his stats which were brilliant for a DoF - however he is not interested in signing for the club. But in your game he signed from the very beginning of your game?

Do you recommend any other staff members i.e. Head of Youth, GK and Fitness Coaches, Scouts, Physios etc...

Archived