Rotating My Squad

How regular should I rotate my squad?

When all my first team players are 100% fit and rest are either very near fit like 94% to 93% or less?

Then I got to many players that can play ST , Left Back , Right Back?

I get loan offer only for players but they only want them for a month I offer them for a full season and were it says e.g. accepted it disappears and nothing?

Cause my team get a few days of after matches my first team squad go back to fully fit?

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Keep in mind the run of fixtures - if you're playing sat, wed, sat - try your weaker players against the weakest team. (when all squad fully fit)

I rarely get that - so I make sure I only play players over 90% and rotate enough so players stay match fit for as long as possible

If you have a run of a couple of games in a week, then you should certainly rotate. As cdleedsfan says, play backups against the weaker team in the run (or in the fixture you deem least important, since these two things are not always the same and you may wish to prioritise a cup game over a league fixture). This is especially useful if you can rest key players for the midweek game and have them fit for both weekend games. I typically draw the line around 93% fitness (arbitrarily) and swap players below this out when I can.

It also depends why you want to rotate. Another valid reason to rotate without a congested fixture list is to give young players game time to help their development. In this case, give them starts in home games against weak teams - less pressure on their performance, and you should win anyway. It is key to give your best prospects games like this in order that they progress quickly.

Finally, if you need to rotate simply because you have a big squad and need to give people game time so they are not annoyed, then just rotate players as you see fit. Play people who are in form, and bench people who are not. Also, you may want to consider streamlining the squad if this is the case; I tend to have a core first team with some rotation players around, usually around 18 guys. The rest of my team is then youngsters who I can give game time to or who can come in if there is an injury crisis. I find this way everyone gets enough game time to be happy, and only players who are no longer good enough and would be moved on anyway complain to me about the lack of game time.

A centre back does less running and needs less condition so usually 85% is my cut off as long as he match fitness is 100%. As for wingbacks I wouldn't start under 95% unless they have stamina close to 20.

As for the rotation issue I think sporadicsmiles is on the mark.

Also with the fitness issue remember match fitness will have an impact on his stamina as well. As will AFIK whether he gas a tired status.

Rule 38 of FM states that when you play a weakened side in a no-chance game, say against Man City, so you can play a strong side in a more winnable match, the weakened side wins 4-0.

The weakend side wins 4-0 against Chelsea and the stron side loses 4-0 to West Brom! thats normally how it plays for me

The thing is you need your defence to be as settled as possible and I try to rotate as little as possible. If playing 4 at the back I usually only have 3 natural centrebacks in my first team. If there is an injury crisis an accomplished CB can cover if need be. Even if I start an 85% CB and he has decent stamina his condition at the end of 90 min is usually no lower than 70%.

Different roles definitely run more/less and the fitness requirements are different.

Obviously with GK fitness is irrelevant though.

In my current save I fully rotate every game injuries permitting... I have a smallish squad though and I'm trying to develop some youngsters so game time is a necessity for them. Injuries make things interesting, but I just rest players from training if they're needed for a few consecutive matches.

Archived