Training facilities/Youth facilities upgrades

Hi lads.

I have a question, hopefully someone knows the answer.

So I have been hired as the manager of PSV at the beginning of the season. I have made a quite big overhaul of my team, and so made a lot of money. (sold a lot of players I found to be too weak or not having enough PA, and signed quite a few free agents.)

psv-boardroom-finances.png

So therefore I decide to make a request to a board to upgrade training facilities and youth facilities (because I believe that infrastructure of the club is one of the most important things, if not the most important). They accept. They decide to invest around 2,500,000€ in one, and 6,250,000€ in the other (can't remember exactly, and the mail is gone, sorry about that lads)

psv-boardroom-overview.png

Then I've asked myself. Why invest only like 9 millions, when we have over 110.000.000€ in the bank account. Of course I checked the current rank of my facilities, and they were "superb".

psv-information-faciliti.png

So my question is this. Is FM coded in the way, that would make the board upgrade the facilities a few levels up, not just one level at the time, if the money is there? Or is there one level up upgrade every time, regardless of the fortune you have in the bank? PSV here in my save already has superb, therefore I'm not sure how much more could they upgrade it, and that's why I'm asking you guys if you have any experiences with that. Of course I believe that if you theoretically have 100+ millions on your bank account, and let's say "good" facilities, the upgrades to them should be more than for just one level when the board decides to upgrade them.

I hope I was clear enough, and thank you for your time and for your responses.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, fellow managers! :)

I guess this raises the question of are training facility "levels" equal across all leagues? I am pretty sure that I upgraded my facilities at Forfar in Scotland and it went from Poor to Average in one upgrade, skipping Below Average and maybe Adequate. Although this was in FMC, might make another difference.

I guess this raises the question of are training facility "levels" equal across all leagues? I am pretty sure that I upgraded my facilities at Forfar in Scotland and it went from Poor to Average in one upgrade, skipping Below Average and maybe Adequate. Although this was in FMC, might make another difference.

They are equal across all leagues. So a team with Top facilities in a lower league is the same as one playing in a better league with Top facilities. The difference is the team in the lower league are playing a lower level of football week in week out and will have worse coaching.

There maybe something different in FMC because going from Poor to Average is actually four steps up. See the ratings in this post.

• 10 months later...

Archived