Unstoppable! Two quadruples in row!

Thanks Totalfootballfan, I will give it a go. My team is actually also quite good for the skrill south MTM1977, but I just concede massive amounts of goals through high balls over my defence.

When did you use your 2 striker tactic, when you were underdog or something? Or just once in a while? And what roles do both your strikers have then?

Thanks for the quick help.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Totalfootballfan, I will give it a go. My team is actually also quite good for the skrill south MTM1977, but I just concede massive amounts of goals through high balls over my defence.

When did you use your 2 striker tactic, when you were underdog or something? Or just once in a while? And what roles do both your strikers have then?

Thanks for the quick help.

I used the second tactic just like the actual V4, so after playing a few games with V4, i threw in the 2ST tactic just to mess with opponents :)

I didn't change any other roles or instructions, just changed the SS to AF and gave him pretty similar instructions than the SS has (some differences naturally, due to different position and role).

Guys, I’ve updated front post and added this tactic.

Download the tactic – http://www.mediafire.com/download/3dvdze6u3hu7o3b/TFF_CROSS(Caution)_V1.tac

This is the same as base tactic but has modified D-Line and OI.

When should it be used? Definitely when you are leading by 2 goals and sometimes when leading only 1 goal, for example, if your opponent is equally strong or stronger.

Switching for this tactic makes you more solid at the back and counter attack-ish but you “give up” a little bit of possession/initiative.

Now my tactical slots look this way:

1) TFF_CROSS_v4

2) TFF_CROSS(Caution)_V1.tac

3) TFF_CROSS(Overload)_V3.tac

EvanPrevett, can you show your start eleven? Where do you play Coutinho?

Do I understand it right? It took 21 games to get tactic fully fluid? Seems like excessively long period.

I suggest if you see that just few parameters only 90% fluid than don’t wait till it fully fluid and switch for “Att. Movement”.

lmlh.jpg

Btw, in next season it takes about 4-5 friendly to get tactic fully fluid.

Maybe a stupid question, but where can you see this screen in FM? I can't find it

Edit: OK, I found it

************IMPORTANT************

Tactic has been updated to V5

Changes:

Changed Duties and PI for MCL/MCR

Changed Role/PI for DM

Changed set pieces and OI

TI "Push Higher Up" has been removed

Download the new version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/93uyhsf7uoe7n6x/TFF_CROSS_V5.tac

Overload and Caution tactics also have been updated.

Download links in opening post have been updated.

I tasted it about 100 games vs. MU, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and found noticeable improvement compare previous version at these aspects:

- Possession

- CCC

- Defense

- Build-up play

Compare to previous version the tactic has became about 30% more efficient.

Are the attribute recommendations still the same for CM/DM with the new roles?

Yup, it's the same.

P.S. I’m thinking about to add recommend and undesirable PPM for every positions but for now I recommend to avoid players who has “Gets Forward Whenever Possible” for MCL and MCR positions, if you have MCs with such PPM than put him at MC(central MC) position.

I have a feeling that in the current ME the offsides are not always working right.

I am now trying V5 with a small change -> Remove "Offside trap" and change one defender to D duty. So far looking good, i will let you know how it goes in the long run.

Changes:

Changed Role/PI for DM

Download the new version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/93uyhsf7uoe7n6x/TFF_CROSS_V5.tac

I tasted it about 100 games vs. MU, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and found noticeable improvement compare previous version at these aspects:

- Possession

- CCC

- Defense

- Build-up play

Good work. Trying it now :)

Changes:

Changed Role/PI for DM

- Possession

- CCC

- Defense

- Build-up play

This V5 looks good - tried it and had a couple of great results straight off the bat.

Would like to utilise v1 (contain) and v3 (overload) as well please but can't find/ am confused which ones they are?

Thanks!

In the first post you 'll find all the tactics that TTF made. (Cross, Overload, Contain and TimeWaste). Cross_V5 is on top of the first post. The other 3 you 'll find at the bottom of the same post.

Ok, I’ve heard that some people struggle with Liverpool so I decided to make my own test and find out what is wrong with that team :brock:

After played 20 league games( Won 16 Draw 4) I found myself at 1st place 9 points away from 2nd place.

I bought only 2 players: Keisuke Honda and Lucas Romero. As you can see the tactic don’t use winger so it requires for most of teams to sell few wingers or retrain them to AMC/STC positions if their attributes suited and buy few MCs.

Here’s my game save - http://www.mediafire.com/download/g2d6gqabzumqqha/TFF_Liverpool_Test_.fm

You can download it and check all statistics you want, also you can check that no editors have been used and how many times the game has been saved. The game has been saved 3 times, this is including first and last saves so only 1 time during season. You can find this information in Game Status menu.

Saved.jpg

*TABLE*

Table.jpg

*FIXTURES*

Fixtures1.jpg

Fixtures2.jpg

*GOALS*

Goals.jpg

*CONCEDED*

Conceded.jpg

*SOME MATCH STATS*

L_vs_M.jpg

L_vs_T.jpg

L_vs_W.jpg

*STARTING ELEVEN*

Start_Eleven.jpg

Also I want to stress that it will very hard to achieve such results if only statically use one base tactic TFF_CROSS_V4. It requires to use sometimes TFF_CROSS(Overload)_V3 and change D-Line when leading more than +1 goal. Soon I’m going to post more detailed guide about it but now briefly: If you are up more than +1 goal than remove “Push Higher Up” and add “Drop Deeper”, if you are losing after first half or more than 2 goals in first half change to TFF_CROSS(Overload)_V3.

You are too convincing and I'll try it again !!!

Question: What if I'll sell Lucas Leiva and I'll replace him with Wanyama?!? And also, will it be a good idea to play Balanta, and to play with Sakho as a DL ???

Thank you very much!

Question: What if I'll sell Lucas Leiva and I'll replace him with Wanyama?!?

I wouldn’t do that because Lucas Leiva is better.

And also, will it be a good idea to play Balanta, and to play with Sakho as a DL ???

No, Sakho is very bad suited for DL position. He has many important attributes for this position below recommended level If you look at attributes recommendations for this position. The same I would say about Balanta.

P.S. Also, mate, make sure you are using V5 :)

Do you have suggestions for the starting eleven of Arsenal and/or Ajax?

Something like that for Arsenal

Arsenal.jpg

Also I would try to train Cazorla and Ozil play STC position.

There’s lack of players who suite for DM/DCL/DCR/MC positions in Arsenal.

Flamini isn’t best choice for DM(his Jumping Reach and other defensive atributes are a bit low) but there’s not many options.

Olivier Giroud is also isn’t best choice for STC position but there’s lack of other options in Arsenal.

I would sell these guys: Theo Walcott, Olivier Giroud, Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Per Mertesacker.

For Ajax I would try this:

Ajax.jpg

Something like that for Arsenal

Arsenal.jpg

Also I would try to train Cazorla and Ozil play STC position.

There’s lack of players who suite for DM/DCL/DCR/MC positions in Arsenal.

Flamini isn’t best choice for DM(his Jumping Reach and other defensive atributes are a bit low) but there’s not many options.

Olivier Giroud is also isn’t best choice for STC position but there’s lack of other options in Arsenal.

I would sell these guys: Theo Walcott, Olivier Giroud, Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Per Mertesacker.

For Ajax I would try this:

Ajax.jpg

Thank you very much TFF :thup:

Another question: if you retrain Cazorla and/or Özil; would you then still play Özil in the AMC position, or really use him as a STC?

I can see the benefit of having a striker with Özil's capabilities, but also the benefit of having an great AMC with striker-like goalscoring capabilities.

"I want to stress one more time that Jumping Reach is very important attribute for this position and I recommend to have it no less than 13. This is also important if he sometimes plays Central Defender position because Jumping Reach is very important for Central Defenders. Also this is important because DM and 2 DC will be your main firepower during set pieces and not many other position in this tactic can afford to have high Jumping Reach attribute."

Lucas Leiva's Jumping Reach is 12... This is the reason that I though Wanyama is better for DMC position...

"I want to stress one more time that Jumping Reach is very important attribute for this position and I recommend to have it no less than 13. This is also important if he sometimes plays Central Defender position because Jumping Reach is very important for Central Defenders. Also this is important because DM and 2 DC will be your main firepower during set pieces and not many other position in this tactic can afford to have high Jumping Reach attribute."

Lucas Leiva's Jumping Reach is 12... This is the reason that I though Wanyama is better for DMC position...

Mate, you are totally right when pointing this out because Jumping Reach is important attribute for DM but 1 point difference isn’t such critical, considering that many other attributes are better.

They both are very well suited for DM position but Lucas Leiva has a litter bit higher CA – 156 than Victor Wanyama - CA 146.

Also one of advantages of Lucas Leiva is that his attributes so good that he even can play MC position when needed so this guys is just incredible for this tactic.

P.S. I’m considering to update guide and filters and reduce minimal recommended Jumping Reach fro DM to 11-12.

Everton - Liverpool 4-0

Liverpool - Swansea 0-2

Bristol City - Liverpool 2-3

Hull City - Liverpool 1-2

Liverpool - Stoke 2-0

Liverpool - Chelsea 0-2

I'm using V5...

My first team: GK - Mignolet, DL-Enrique DCL-Sakho DCR-Agger DR-Johnson, DMC-Lucas Leiva, MCL- Felipe Gutierrez MC-Gerrard MCR-Lucas Romero, AMC-Coutinho (because Suarez is suspended), STC-Iago Aspas.....

I don't know how to post screenshots...

There is an enormous difference between your results with Liverpool and mine, even though there is a single change: FELIPE GUTTIEREZ

There is an enormous difference between your results with Liverpool and mine, even though there is a single change: FELIPE GUTTIEREZ

You are not right here, mate.

These FMs of late are crippled by extreme influence of moral (which means, team talks, media, contracts, current run, etc...).

You can have 21 shots on goal and score 0 goals in the match. Opposition can have 2 shots and score 2. Try the same match in different circumstances and you win 6-0.

If you have bad morale, go with more rigid tactics, those with more instructions how to play they will yield better results.

I don’t think that one player could make such difference but anyway why Gutierrez and not Honda?

Here’s few questions maybe some of them will look weird but I have to ask it because I’ve seen people doing weird things.

1) Do you normally play matches or “Holiday” through it? Maybe using some kind of “instant result” skin?

2) Did you play enough friendlys during pre-season to get the tactic fully fluid? Did you change Match Prep. after pre-season? Did the team have Superb morale after pre-season?

3) Did you manage players conditions as I described in front post? What was minimal conditions level of players in starting eleven before the match?

4) Did you sub players during the match? For example, players who have condition less than 75% should be subbed(expect knocks in first half).

5) Did you add any shouts that was recommended by your ass. manager during the match(you shouldn’t do it).

6) Do you mage team-talks by yourself or let it handle your ass. manager?

P.S. Play at least 15 matches and report your results.

Game updated to patch 14.3 at the start of my 5th season with Dortmund. The tactic I'd been using stopped working, so switched to this. Used v4 for the first half of the season and v5 for the second.

Won the league (minimum I expected as have won it every year) and also beat Bayern 4-1 in the cup final. Lost 2-1 to Man City in the QF of the CL. 15 goals against was our best defensive record in 5 seasons and 91 scored was 1 shy of our highest scoring season.

1_zps62e7afc9.png

Capture_zps36ec4dff.png

My striker was beaten by 1 to the league golden boot by Bayerns Lukaku, but his 27 was a seasons record for him.

Captur_zpsd0abf3ab.png

Very decent tactic. Thanks.

TFF, you say in the first post that your tactic has OI, but where can I see them?

What kind of team talks do you give?

I have allready bought the following players to get a bit more quality in my selection:

Yann Sommer (Basel), Stefano Denswil (Ajax), Viktor Fischer (Ajax), Ryan Gauld (Dundee United)

Honda is AC Milan's player... sadly...

1) I play matches normally.

2) I had 6 friendlies during pre-season (maybe not that many) and the tactic did not become fully fluid. I've changed Match prep. after pre-season? I don't know if the team had Superb morale after pre-season.... I think yes because I won 5 friendlies an I've lost the last one against Granada (most of the players were on international games and I had an improvised team).

3) Speaking about the condition of the players, I must say that I'm much more drastical than you (if a player is 94% or below he doesn't play)

4) I always make 3 substitutions: the players with the lowest fitness...

5) I didn't add any shouts recommended by my ass.

6) I manage the team-talks by myself, but since I'm always a former Sunday League Player the players are reluctant to my talking.... :)))))) I want to keep it as real as I can, that's why I never set Automatic...

PuTk17n.png

Just finished my season using this tactic and as you can see I won the league fairly comfortably, finishing with the best goals scored record and one of the best goals conceded.

26UyQaU.png

Easily my best player, 56 goals and 18 assists from 51 starts playing in the DLF position.

dh9tBqu.png

My 2nd best player, racking up 34 assists from the shadow striker position.

Next season I'll be able to pick up some better players for the positions, I probably wont be able to keep Bogle though.

TFF, you say in the first post that your tactic has OI, but where can I see them?

It’s opposition instructions, you can see it pre-match and during the match.

I have allready bought the following players to get a bit more quality in my selection:

Yann Sommer (Basel), Stefano Denswil (Ajax), Viktor Fischer (Ajax), Ryan Gauld (Dundee United)

What team do you play?

Just finished my season using this tactic and as you can see I won the league fairly comfortably, finishing with the best goals scored record and one of the best goals conceded.

Thanks for the report, mate. +60 G.D. looks awesome :)

I took over Havant & Waterloo in England's Skrill South division with them languishing in a relegation spot after 15 matches or so. Using v4, I was able to get into the playoffs and win promotion to the Conference Premier! Worked great - a couple of hiccups along the way, but we managed well.

I have used v5 in the Skrill Premier now. It took a while to start working for me. We're now 20 matches in and I'm still in a decent 10th place, but only 3 points behind 5th (a very tight table!). I'm finding the central midfield player amazing. The runs into space are consistent and my player here is one of my best goalscorers despite not being the best on paper.

I struggled in the early parts of the season, even going on a losing stretch of 4 matches in a row. However, I think this has much to do with my being in a new league after promotion and me cleaning house and bringing in more than 10 new players. Took a bit of time to gel. We seem to have turned a corner in the past month, and for the better.

The one thing I have noticed though...I don't score on corners anymore, not one yet. Not sure if this is an indication on my players or a change in the corner portion of the tactics. I have very good corner takers for this league, but perhaps those on the receiving end are not up to par? Jus wondering what the general consensus was on corners for v5. How are others faring?

Great set of tactics Totalfootballfan :thup: Definitely better than any I've tried to create!

It’s opposition instructions, you can see it pre-match and during the match.

So I don't have to do anything myself with the opposition instructions? (I unchecked my assistent) Or do I need to click somewhere to use them? (Sorry for all these questions, but I really don't know. Before I used your tactic my assistent did everything)

What team do you play?

I play with Arsenal

Thanks for all your help and patience :thup:

So I don't have to do anything myself with the opposition instructions? (I unchecked my assistent) Or do I need to click somewhere to use them? (Sorry for all these questions, but I really don't know. Before I used your tactic my assistent did everything)

:

It's plug and play. Opposition Instructions are "burned" into the tactic. You don't have to do anything (just uncheck assistent, if you don't do that he will change the OI)

I play with Arsenal

Mate, these players are extremely weak for Arsenal, they suite more for Fulham or Norwich. Why did you choose these players?

Why do you bought Yann Sommer if you have Szczesny? It’s just waste of money.

You need to buy few MCs for rotation and few players who can play DM and DCR/DCL positions.

If you want I can give list of player to buy and you will win the title with 99% probability

Great set of tactics Totalfootballfan :thup: Definitely better than any I've tried to create!

Thanks you for the feedback, mate!

The guide how to get the tactic fully fluid and have “Superb” morale for the team before start of the first season.

It takes much longer to get the tactic fully fluid in first season than next seasons.

You should play no less than 12 friendlys.

Cancel all pre-set friendly and arrange them by yourself. I recommend to choose “Very Small Reputation Teams” in order to have 100% probability of win. Period between matches should be 3-4 days.

It’s very boring to play all these friendlys and you don’t have to!

Before the match go on holiday for 1 day! Your ass. manager will do just fine. Remember you are playing against very weak teams and even your backup players can handle it.

Don’t forget to tick this option before “Go On Holidays”

GOH.jpg

In this case mostly what will be used from the tactic is formation but it’s enough because you play against very weak teams.

As result you have the tactic almost fully fluid and all team “Superb” morale before first match of the season.

Certainly, this guide for clubs which don’t rely on money from friendlys and such money means nothing to them.

One question though. Are there any essential PPMs you recommend for certain positions?

Yes, there’re some recommended PPMs and also undesirable PPMs such as “Gets Forward Whenever Possible” for STC and MCL/MCR but central MC can have “Gets Forward Whenever Possible” it’s actually good PPM for him but I try to avoid that he has it because it isn’t rare that he needs sometimes play in MCL/MCR positions because of injuries/bans/tiredness.

Recommended PPMs for STC:

- Tries killer balls often

- Plays one-twos

- Come deep to get ball(if this player also sometimes play AMC position then don’t teach him this PPM)

Recommended PPMs for AMC:

- Plays one-twos

- Tries killer balls often

- Moves into channels

In general I try to avoid players have “Forward Runs” modification PPMs such as “Come deep to get ball” and “Gets Forward Whenever Possible” because it’s much better if players can play STC and AMC position.

V5 works like a charm, my defence is even more solid than in V4. Good Job!

Glad to hear it works well for you. Thanks for the feedback!

Mate, these players are extremely weak for Arsenal, they suite more for Fulham or Norwich. Why did you choose these players?

My scouts said that they all have 4* potenial and will be very good players in the EPL.

Why do you bought Yann Sommer if you have Szczesny? It’s just waste of money.

After reading your guide in the first post, I thought hat Sommer was a great keeper, for a little bit of money.

You need to buy few MCs for rotation and few players who can play DM and DCR/DCL positions.

I thought I could use Fischer in rotation

If you want I can give list of player to buy and you will win the title with 99% probability

You may do that, yes. All help is appreciated. I am a long time FM player, but haven't had much succes the last years. That's why I ask so many questions.

As I am only in pre-season, starting over is no problem. Thanks for your feedback TFF! :thup:

Tactic has been updated to V6

Guys, I agree with many feedbacks that the tactic has lost its “shine” and there’s not enough “firepower” in V5 so I’ve reverted some changes:

MCL and MCR are back to attack duties but central MC is DPL role now.

Download the new version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/fiahu7h50u1i867/TFF_CROSS_V6.tac

Soon I'll also update Overload and Caution tactics.

P.S. Oppss, I uploaded the wrong file, I’ve corrected it now. Please redownload.

Hi TBF,

This tactic works great now with my Whitehawk team. First season prognosed 10th and got 5th and even promoted to Skrill Premier. Second season now underway, haven't got much transfers so my team isn't that good. Prognosed 20th and after 15 matches I'm 3d!!!

Only thing I have to say is. The matches against very weak teams are te most difficult. I already got kicked out the FA Cup by some amatures.

Anyway thank you very much!

Great tactic I started using it after having pompey in the premiership for a couple of seasons, it really kicked me on!!

One question, sorry if its been mentioned already. I assume if your starting as a lower league team you would drop all of the attributes set in your filters by a few points untill you find the standards of players which are more likely signings?

Archived