Player Update

Yes - unless something has changed at SI towers, there should be a January transfer update released at some point - i say some point as it's usually attached to a general game update (bug fixes and the like). I seem to remember last years being at the end of Feb (?). I wouldn't bother fixating on any particular date as, as far as i'm aware, SI are beholden to Apple and Google's app sign off process.

Yes - unless something has changed at SI towers, there should be a January transfer update released at some point - i say some point as it's usually attached to a general game update (bug fixes and the like). I seem to remember last years being at the end of Feb (?). I wouldn't bother fixating on any particular date as, as far as i'm aware, SI are beholden to Apple and Google's app sign off process.

Thats great thanks. Not too fussed about a date, just been some exciting transfers in the lower league and would enjoy having a go with them, especially Scunthorpe United!

Cheers

• SI Staff

Yeah there will be an update with the January transfer database available within it in due course - we've one 'other' update scheduled for release before that goes live with a few of its own surprises in it ;)

Yeah there will be an update with the January transfer database available within it in due course - we've one 'other' update scheduled for release before that goes live with a few of its own surprises in it ;)

Marc, now I'm looking forward to the next update:) Can't wait to see what the surprises are !

Are the surprises a 3D pitch view & you can also watch the cup draws ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
Or maybe the "Surprises Update" is not happening anymore...... :(

Surprises update has been wrapped into the 'transfers update' - unfortunately due to a change beyond our control the release of that was delayed and we decided to wrap it 'into' the other update rather than release it at a time when people are eagerly awaiting the transfer update (as releasing an update without that would just wind people up imho).

• SI Staff
Hope the transfers are updated soon - regardless of reasons, it's frustrating that it takes this long when the window shut ages ago.

We have to wait both for the PC data to be finalised, tweaked at our end and then for store submission processes so it's inevitable that there'll be a little wait.

We have to wait both for the PC data to be finalised, tweaked at our end and then for store submission processes so it's inevitable that there'll be a little wait.
with the greatest of respect I wouldn't describe 6 weeks as a little wait. That's a big wait when people just want to play the game with updated squads.

Do bear in mind that the PC data update was out less than two weeks ago and that's the base we have to start from.

Fair enough Alari - but I would personally argue that took far too long in the first place! Anyway, looking forward to this update, I'm not moaning, I just think it needs to be made quicker somehow.

I don't think that the Russian Transfer Window is a good enough reason to delay everything by three weeks. If it was a playable league maybe but as it's not it's not a valid reason.

Also, the fact the PC update came out just a few days after the Russian Window closed shows this is not a reason for any delay.

Some people are happy to wait six or seven weeks for the update, others would prefer it a lot sooner and I don't think you can blame people for that.

I suppose it's a bit like FMH coming out three/four months into the season, again some people don't mind waiting but others would prefer it closer to the start of the season.

Either way not everyone is going to be happy, the same as every other forum/game.

The PC team is a lot bigger and that update is finished after the window is updated however FMH then does things with the data making it take a bit longer. It isn't a direct translation and then they have to bug test etc over a lot of devices and this isn't just the transfers. Yes in an ideal world it would come out before but the Russian window needs to be done (as it is still a league with players in on the game) but I would rather a complete and bug free update as opposed to one that isn't. Plus then you have to consider it could take at least a week to be tested by the platform holder which would delay it a week even if they submitted it at the same time.

What are the surprises Marc? I'm down in Manchester for the Derby :) and not been able to update yet ...... :(

What are the surprises Marc? I'm down in Manchester for the Derby :) and not been able to update yet ...... :(

I was wondering this too :)

Have played about 2 months on my original save but apart from seeing a load more new players - Regens I guess as I'm in 2019 .... I still looking out for the surprise :)

• SI Staff

There are a few small additional features in it - for example the more tactically astute of you might have noticed if you view the opposition tactics you can now also look into them in further detail than just the formation and see their team tactics and also player roles etc.

Hopefully you were not a United fan their to see the massacre?? Im an MUFC fan & seeing it at the pub was painful enough!

Even worse I'm a Hearts Fan :/

Was just a one off game for me although I will definitely be going again, it was amazing! Wasn't too disappointed to see them lose ...... :)

I think our recent struggles are a lot less than what your going through!! Although beating Hibs must help a tad!

Archived