Unemployment luck

I just started a new game on 14.2.1 new update with all the leagues from top five leagues, also croatia, portugal, russia, turkey. I started unemployed with sunday league reputation and only job i could get was SJ Ver from Portugal 3 divison, not even stockport or other low tier clubs want me. Has anyone else started a new game, what clubs can you take over with the same reputation ?

I still cant get a job as a sunday league player reputation no matter what i do. I have tried 3 different new saves since the 14.2.1 patch and so far out of 60 possible jobs throughout the 3 saves i have been offered 1 interview. I couldn't get interviews with bottom of the pile teams from portugal, spain, denmark, korea etc...

Here is just a few of the 26 jobs that were available in this save (yes 26) obviously some of them i knew i wouldn't get an interview with anyway but to have an interview rate of 0 out of 26 is laughable, look at the teams shown in the picture, only tigre should be unwilling to even talk to me, the rest are bottom/lower level clubs. All i want to do is start a journeyman save, build up a legacy and have fun on FM but i am finding it literally impossible if you start unemployed.

kdo6z9.png

Yeah, I got offered lots of jobs on FM Classic, but I'm testing it on the full game now, and on Sunday League rep, I don't get an interview regardless of whether I hit continue or holiday.

That said, I applied for all the available jobs first before going on holiday, perhaps you need to go on holiday first and choose to apply for positions whilst on holiday. :confused:

perhaps you need to go on holiday first and choose to apply for positions whilst on holiday. :confused:

That's what I'm doing and I'm getting a lot of job offers. It's what SI recommended in the bugs forum and feedback thread.

• SI Staff
Yeah, I got offered lots of jobs on FM Classic, but I'm testing it on the full game now, and on Sunday League rep, I don't get an interview regardless of whether I hit continue or holiday.

That said, I applied for all the available jobs first before going on holiday, perhaps you need to go on holiday first and choose to apply for positions whilst on holiday. :confused:

Go on holiday and select to apply for all jobs.

We are working on another fix for an issue with manually applying.

Cheers,

Ben

On the Classic set up, I'd applied for the jobs available at the start of the game, then went on holiday, and I got offers.

Seems a bit hit and miss, must be a bit of a nightmare trying to fix this.

YESSSSS!!!

Short story - Been at Watford 3,5 years, promoted to Prem, consecutive 5th place in league, won EURO cup and Euro Super cup, Arsenal offered me interview, and i got the job!

I'm guessing it's because of patch, cause liverpool in the same season laughed at my application in 14.2, and they are doing consideraby worse than Gunners in the league

YESSSSS!!!

Short story - Been at Watford 3,5 years, promoted to Prem, consecutive 5th place in league, won EURO cup and Euro Super cup, Arsenal offered me interview, and i got the job!

I'm guessing it's because of patch, cause liverpool in the same season laughed at my application in 14.2, and they are doing consideraby worse than Gunners in the league

good luck at Arsenal :thup::cool:

I just started a new game on 14.2.1 new update with all the leagues from top five leagues, also croatia, portugal, russia, turkey. I started unemployed with sunday league reputation and only job i could get was SJ Ver from Portugal 3 divison, not even stockport or other low tier clubs want me. Has anyone else started a new game, what clubs can you take over with the same reputation ?

Is it realistic that a person with just Sunday League football reputation would get offered the Stockport job?

ohhh mattinho, please tell me is it, i dont know, hahhaha. Look realistic or not a problem still persists in the terms of job apps and it is a bug. If you are fine with that ok, but iam not, so please dont quote me or similar because i know what iam talking about, it is not about stockport, it is about this bug that hasnt yet been fixed...sorry SI but i must say that i consider this a game breaker.

ohhh mattinho, please tell me is it, i dont know, hahhaha. Look realistic or not a problem still persists in the terms of job apps and it is a bug. If you are fine with that ok, but iam not, so please dont quote me or similar because i know what iam talking about, it is not about stockport, it is about this bug that hasnt yet been fixed...sorry SI but i must say that i consider this a game breaker.

Did you follow the guidelines on how to get job offers whilst unemployed?

You were asked in the bug forum about how you applied for these jobs. You haven't answered.

Cheers,

Ben

If you haven't, that's the way to do it.

Cheers,

Ben

Even that doesn't work, yes you get the interviews but still get refused the job. Can't even get a job in the bottom tier in Norway it's that bad!! Game breaking for me & any one else that wants to start a journeyman save. Been playing CM & FM since the 90's, afraid I've had enough of wasting money on a game that never seems to work!

Even that doesn't work, yes you get the interviews but still get refused the job. Can't even get a job in the bottom tier in Norway it's that bad!!

You must've ballsed up the interview then, as a lower league team in Norway hired me after one.

Is it too much to ask that this bug is fixed without "holiday workaround", its stupid, ok lets go on a holiday and i dont know, havent tested but what about next job, quit and go on a holiday again, come on. I just want this bug to be completely fixed and i think its fair to ask if i payed a full price for the game.

so cant you declare intrest in a job? they sack there manager offer you a interview at moment so only way get a job is go on holiday and apply...kinda sucks

No, that's not the situation at all.

The 'going on holiday' workaround is for when you start the game unemployed and are looking for a job. Rather than manually apply for all of them, you'll tend to have better luck if you go on holiday and ask the game to apply for jobs during this period. Presumably it'll be the same if you're sacked too.

this bug is completely ridiculous. It's basically a case of don't get sacked or else you have to start a new save. Is that not a fundamental issue that should have been fixed as soon as it appeared? I've been on holiday and applying for jobs for a year now and still no joy.

Yeah, it looks like I've reached a Game Over point too, essentially after one season.

England (Skrill NS and above), France (National and above), Germany (2nd Div and above), Italy (Serie B and above), Scotland (League 2 and above) and Spain (Liga adelante and above) loaded.

Started at League One Gillingham with Automatic reputation. Keeping them just outside the relegation spots, meeting the preseason agreement, but still given an ultimatum of ten points from the next five games shortly before Christmas. Resigned on 29/12/13 after picking up 1 point from the first three of those five games.

Unemployed for a brief period (holiday, apply for any), until taking over Skrill North side Hednesford in February. When I took over, they sat bottom of the division, a long way adrift. On a blazing run of form, I manage to get them up to third-bottom by the end of the season- the board are "pleased", but as they're still relegated from the lowest active tier, I'm sacked automatically.

Back on holiday with "apply for any" since then, but now it's coming up to a year without a single interview, so I'm thinking that's probably it.

Archived