Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Europa League Group Stage Draw

Far too many groups to be bothered about posting them all, so I've decided just to post our own group. We were top seeds for the draw, and frankly we got a very cofortable draw indeed;

CareersSave-EuropaLeagueDraw-Aug2021_zpscc5a6483.png

Given this draw I can safely say I'll be rotating the squad rather heavily. Even so, I reckon we shuld be looking to win five of our six matches. The only game I imagine we could have any trouble in is the away match in Portugal against Braga. Speaking of which, we face them firsr at home.

It's appearing as the right one to me? :confused:And yeah, certainly looking at top four!
It's wrong to me, maybe someone else can comment to settle this. To me it shows you qualified for EC, Fifth in the league with three to play.

EDIT: just checked on my laptop and the pic is right. But on my I-Pad it's wrong? Odd.

121px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - September 2021 - Tottenham

Premier League

CareersSave-SpursPLFixtures-Sep2021_zps4297a206.png

CareersSave-SpursPLTable-Sep2021_zps05aff181.png

A little disappointing in all honety that we didn't win three from three.

The month started with a cracking 3-0 win away at Bolton as Joao Pedro continued to show how good he can be upfront with a lovely and well deserved hattrick. That was followed up with a 1-0 victory away at Reading. It wasn't a great performance but the early goal from Pedro Rodrigues was enough to give us all three points. We finished the month off at home to Everton, and we didn't perform well enough. We should have won it hwoever, but Erik Lamela saw his penalty saved just short of the hour mark, and from there we were a little deflated.

Southampton are our next opponents.

League Cup - 3rd Round

CareersSave-SpursLCFixtures-Sep2021_zpsaf18a75a.png

A good performance to reach the fourth round as I rotated the squad. Gerard Deulofeu performed well on his full debut after injury had hampered his start to the season, grabbing two goals. We declared after 24 minutes when 3-0 up and kept it tight after that until sixteen minutes from time when we conceded through an own goal. It proved however to be nothing more than a consolation for Wolves.

In the fourth round we face Barnsley away from home.

Europa League - Group Stage

CareersSave-SpursELFixtures-Sep2021_zps975987a6.png

CareersSave-SpursELTable-Sep2021_zpscd086ae0.png

A good start with two wins from two.

The game aaginst Braga was hugely frustrating. We went 1-0 down early on, but roared back to eventually lead 4-1 with just seventeen minutes to go. However we got a little complacent and let Braga grab a second late on. That was the end of the scoring though, and 4-2 it finished. We then totally dominated away in Tel-Aviv, but failed to take the array of chances we created. We did lead early, but Maccabi equalied in the 66th minute via an own goal. Erik Lamela was immediately thrown on from the bench, and he get the winner eighteen minutes from time.

Next up we have FC Thun of Switzerland at New White Hart Lane.

A nice start to the league. Definitely heading in the right direction.

Indeed I agree. Tough run to come though in October/November. Got Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), and City (A) in a row. Big test of where we're at.

Just the one goal from Lamela this month. Better sell while you can :D

Cracking start again though. I've got you down for a top 3 position this year.

I'm glad he's not scoring so much - we were over reliant on the boy last season but now others, or Joao Pedro atleast, are stepping up.

And I'd be thrilled to finish just fourth, nevermind in the top three.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - October 2021 - Tottenham

Premier League

CareersSave-SpursPLFixtures-Oct2021_zps5d392d42.png

CareersSave-SpursPLTable-Oct2021_zpsd12377dc.png

A bit of a disappointing month as we won two at home and drew two away.

Things started well with a solid 3-1 win over Southampton. We took the lead after ten minutes through Erik Lamela, but just a minute later the Saints had pegged us back. We controlled the game though, and ten minutes before the break Vlad Chiriches put us back infront. Soon into the second half we had the comfort of a two goal lead when Pedro Rodrigues fired home, and that is how it finished. That was followed by a 3-0 win over Wigan, and it was really game over as early as the eighth minute when Erik Lamlea fired home a penalty to put us 2-0 up. The third came late on when the Wigan goalkeeper turned in a Lamela cross. A disappointing draw at Stoke followed; having been 2-0 up within eighteen minutes, Stoke pegged us back in the second half the equaliser coming in the 86th minute. The final game of the month was the North London Derby away at Arsenal. After just four minutes Joao Pedro had put us infront, but a little over twenty minutes later Arsenal had roared back to go 2-1 ahead. Three minutes before the break Erik Lamela scored a wonderful solo goal to square it up at 2-2. Arsenal monopolised possession in the second half, but we always looked good on the counter. Neither side could find the back of the net though, and the game finished 2-2.

We face Chelsea at home next, followed by Man City away and then Liverpool away! Crazy run.

League Cup - 4th Round

CareersSave-SpursLCFixtures-Oct2021_zps519b7819.png

A much changed team of course, but still the performance wasn't the best. We did have the majority of the ball and didn't let Barnsley really create anything, but we struggled to finish off chances of our own. The goal did eventually come just after the hour mark when Sergio Alves got across his man at the near post to score a terrific header. It proved to be enough, but still I wasn't best pleased.

In the quarter finals we face Stoke away from home.

CareersSave-SpursELFixtures-Oct2021_zpsead40aec.png

CareersSave-SpursELTable-Oct2021_zps7b35031d.png

A good win at home to maintain our 100% record. We totally dominated with 68% possession, but didn't create loads of chances. We went ahead in the 17th minute when a corner resulted in an own goal. Thun equalsed soon after, but ten minutes before halftime Joao Pedro was brought down in the box and then picked himself up to slot home the reulting penalty and make it 2-0. It was three on the stroke of half time when Sergio Busquets lashed home his first goal for the club from the edge of the box. The second half was rather dull as we just controlled possession without really threatening.

A trip to Switzerland to face Thun is up next, before we go to Portugal to face Braga.

Good start, but it's a pity Man Utd hold such a strong lead at the top of the table so far. Now that's a line we're not going to read for quite a while in real life :D

United are by far and away the best side in the league right now. I don't have any designs whatsoever on us winning the title as I simply don't think we're anywhere near that level yet.

CareersSave-SpursFacilityWork-Nov2021_zps81628467.png

Two outstanding bits of news for the club. I'm always one for developing young players and getting the best out of them, and this is really going to help me with that long term.

CareersSave-SpursExtraTransferFunds-Nov2021_zps9773b2aa.png

I've already got plans for this money, with another familiar face from Benfica looking like coming in.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - November 2021 - Tottenham

Premier League

CareersSave-SpursPLFixtures-Nov2021_zps0671dfd6.png

CareersSave-SpursPLTable-Nov2021_zpse4f8f10e.png

Six points from thee threse games was a good return, but it was so narly seven.

The month started with my 400th game as a manager, and it was against rivals Chelsea. It was a really good game, with both teams creating chances and pushing for the win. With the game looking like ending in a draw, Adrien Rabiot managed to free Joao Pedro on the edge of the box and he smashed home to give us all three points. A similar game took place away at City, but with more goals. They took the lead after fourteen minutes, but just before the half-hour mark Vitor got free down the right and slotted home. Pedro Rodrigues ut us ahead five minutes before halftime, but City immediately pegged us back - 2-2 at break. Just before the hour Vitor was sent off for a poor challenge, and we had to cope ten men for the last half-hour. We did that well and created some chances, though City of course dominated. A draw looked on the cards, until a cross from our right was diverted into his own goal by Pedro Rodrigues. Defeat late on, gutting. We bounced back from that though is ome style, winning 2-0 away at Anfield. We scored two lovely goals on the counter attack through Osman Guven and Joao Pedro before halftime to put us 2-0 up, and that is how it remained throughout the second half.

Six points behind now, but some very winnable games coming up in December.

CareersSave-SpursELFixtures-Nov2021_zps63ef5016.png

CareersSave-SpursELTable-Nov2021_zpse226b499.png

Qualification and top spot secured.

A solid 2-0 win away in Switzerland against Thun secured our passage to the next round, Erik Lamela getting both goals in a game we controlled from start to finish. We then made sure we won the group with a super 4-1 win away at Braga, despite resting several players. Nathaniel Chalobah was the star of the show, bossing th game from the middle of the park and giving me a bit of a nudge towards playing regular first team football.

We finish the group at home to Maccable Tel-Aviv, looking to finish the group with six wins from six.

Excellent in Europe. Still going very strong in the league. Some excellent news form the board there.

Out of all you said, I'm best pleased with the news from the board. I'm adamant that we can't win the league, but if we finish in the top four and win a cup then that will be a great season.

I would be too. Nothing better than being backed by the board and having them develop the club for the future. A Champions League place will generate more income for further developments, too.

How are you doing financially? Predicted to make big profits this year?

I would be too. Nothing better than being backed by the board and having them develop the club for the future. A Champions League place will generate more income for further developments, too.

How are you doing financially? Predicted to make big profits this year?

Financially we're currently in the red to the tune of £38million - but we just paid out big money in the January window, (£29.5million!!), for a new striker who will be huge for us for years to come.

As it stands our projected balance is -£6million, but of course the finances will improve hugely if we get that top four place so I'm not worried about it.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - December 2021 - Tottenham

Premier League

CareersSave-SpursPLFixtures-Dec2021_zpsa0b0b569.png

CareersSave-SpursPLTable-Dec2021_zps673c9502.png

A really good month with five wins from six games.

We started the month with a good win over Blackburn, with Joao Pedro grabbing both of our goals, then second just after the break basically killing the game off. Another routine win followed at home against Watford, with us taking the lead from a corner very early in the day. Sergio Busquets swept home early in the second half, and then a Erik Lamela penalty round things off sixteen minutes from time. A pretty poor performance at Hull followed, but we came from behind after a third minute penalty to take all three points which was very pleasing. Our only dropped points of the month at Newcastle came next, in what was an infuriating game. We trailed again very early, but soon squared things up at 1-1. Newcastle took the lead for the second time eight minutes before halftime, we however responded four minutes after the break with Osman Guven getting his second of the match. Chance after chance followed, but we simply had a nightmare infront of goal and couldn't find the winner. We bounced back from that draw with a 3-0 win at home to Leeds on Boxing Day, in which we blew them away in the opening period. Erik Lamela was superb, grabbing two goals, with Vitor getting the other. The final game of the month was a terrific win ay West Brom. It was only 2-0 against a midtable side, but it was the fact it wasn't our bet day but we kept plugging away and finally got the goals. Unsurpringly it was Erik Lamela who rescued us.

We start the new year with a trip to Old Trafford. Nice and easy then.

League Cup - 5th Round

CareersSave-SpursLCFixtures-Dec2021_zpsa12ad2d3.png

Hugely, and I mean HUGELY disappointing. Even though I rested a few players as I have in every other round, we were a bit of shambles, failing to create decent chances and not taking the vaguely decent chances we did make. Stoke won it with just six minutes to go, and it was a player I had at Brighton, Joe Newell, who scored. Damn him, and damn my back-up players - they were awful.

CareersSave-SpursELFixtures-Dec2021_zps029a1267.png

CareersSave-SpursELTable-Dec2021_zps908b5e47.png

A good way to round off the group stage and finish with six wins from six, again with a rotated team. Osman Guven put in a superb performance, scoring one goal and and assisting another. He now has four goals in six European games.

In the next round we Fenerbahce, and if we make it passed them we'll face Galatasary or Borussia Monchengladbach in the next round.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - January 2022 - Tottenham

Premier League

CareersSave-SpursPLFixtures-Jan2021_zps32fb2ffe.png

CareersSave-SpursPLTable-Jan2021_zps0b7f48a5.png

Not a bad month, but the draw at home to Reading was hugely damaging.

A trip to Old Trafford got the month going, and unsurprisingly we fell to defeat. We never really got going in the first half United blew us away - 2-0 at the break and it could have been plenty more. A couple of tweaks at the break saw us get a foothold in the second half, but we couldn't find the back of a net and United ran out comfortable winners. We bounced back to an extent with victory over Norwich, we didn't play well but the early goal from Joao Pedro was enough to win it for us. We then came behind from an early goal against Fulham to beat them 2-1, Joao Pedro again proving to be the match winner as he struck a double before the break. Another lacklustre performance followed at home to Bolton, but Nathaniel Chalobah popped up to stroke home from eight yards to grab us a priceless victory. The Reading was a horror. We fell behind early, but Joao Pedro, (again!), got us back into it with a neat finish eleven minutes before halftime. We then battered Reading in the second half, and eventually took the lead in the 79th minute. However, Reading snatched an equaliser just four minutes later with only their second attempt of the game. We finished the month off with an excellent 3-1 win at Everton. We roared into a 2-1 lead before the break, but Everton got one back early in the second period. Just after the hour mark Joao Pedro got us our third to restore the two goal lead, and 3-1 it finished.

Next we face a trip to Southampton.

FA Cup 3rd & 4th Round

CareersSave-SpursFACFixtures-Jan2021_zpsf99bb39d.png

A truly strange performance against League One Dagenham & Redbridge. We bossed them abiout for the first hour and were 3-0 up after 53 minutes. Then, we slacked off. They got one back and then really seemed to give us a bit of pasting, and added a second with five minutes to go. We held on though, just about! We played much beter in the fourth round against Southampton, and the 2-1 scoreline didn't do us justice. Luke Shaw got the opener - for some reason he was in the six yard box to tap home! Erik Lamela got our second three minutes from time, and though Southampton got one back in stoppage time, we had done enough.

In the fifth round we face Championsip Side Wolves.

Transfers

There was one bit of business this month, and indeed it was a very expensive bit of business. Although the move hasn't quite worked out yet, I'm sure that in the long term it will prove to be a great buy for the club;

Jose Alejandro Tapia

He cost a staggering £29.5million, (his buyout clause at Benfica), but I'm sure he is worth it. He's still a very young man and has the ability to make a real difference for us in the biggest of games.

That is an eye watering amount of money on a player. But he sure does look worth it. I wouldn't really concern myself until next season with how he progresses. Looks like he could be a big player for you. He certainly has the right attributes!

That is an eye watering amount of money on a player. But he sure does look worth it. I wouldn't really concern myself until next season with how he progresses. Looks like he could be a big player for you. He certainly has the right attributes!

It's basically the last huge money signing I anticipate making without selling someone first, with the exception of goalkeeper - Lloris is 35 now and can't go on forever. :(

I'm now going to concerntrate on young players, either bringing them through the youth ranks or signing them. I've got a really good spread of ages in the squad and I've got positions well covered, so I'm happy.

Looking good for 2nd anyway. My thoughts on Tapia is that he's definitely worth it, what a footballing beast!

It seems second is all it will be - United are just a machine.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - February 2022 - Tottenham

Premier League

CareersSave-SpursPLFixtures-Feb2022_zpscc4d6ea1.png

CareersSave-SpursPLTable-Feb2022_zps87f2d288.png

A poor month, and our slim title hopes are now over.

Things tarted off terribly as we put in one of our poorest performances of the season. We simply didn't dominate possession as we usually do and didn't create the quality of chances I expect. Southampton nicked it with just nine minutes to go, and they did deserve it. We got back to winning ways with a 2-1 win at home to Stoke, with Joao Pedro scoring both our goals. Another poor performance followed away at Wigan, and we again deservedly failed to win. Erik Lamela gave us an early lead, but Wigan came back strong after halftime and soon got an equaliser. In truth we couldn't have complained had Wigan won it, so to escape back down South with a point was very fortunate. The North London Derby rounded off the month, and in a terrific battle of a match that man Joao Pedro made the difference again scoring both the goals.

Up next Manchester City come to New White Hart Lane.

FA Cup - 5th Round

CareersSave-SpursFACFixtures-Feb2022_zps98a9f9e9.png

A good performance against the Championship side as I rotated my side. An early penalty from Osman Guven got us off to the perfect start and allowed us to just relax and play our way. Further goals soon followed, the best of which coming from Kyle Walker who rounded three men before firing home.

In the quarter finals we face Reading at home.

Europa League - 1st Knockout Round

CareersSave-SpursELFixtures-Feb2022_zpsaff2f0f1.png

Two fabulous performaces saw us through to the next round 6-2 on aggregate. We were wonderful in Turkey, or atleast we were eventually after bring on Erik Lamela and Joao Pedro after the hour mark. Joao Pedro immediately assisted Kyle Walker before soon scoring himself. Osman Guven scored late on to give us a 3-1 win.

We won by the same scoreline in the second, but in a very different manner. To make sure we got the job done I sent out a very strong side, and within fourteen minutes we were 3-0 up through an Erik Lamela double and one from Joao Pedro. We then resorted to playing keep ball, and it wasn't until the 93rd minute that Fenerbahce got their consolation.

In the next round we again face Turkish operation, this time in the shape of Galatasary.

Joao Pedro is some player!

Looks like 2nd place it is this season for you. It's been a good campaign so far!

If we can secure an automatic Champions League place, (so no lower than third), and win either the Europa League or the FA Cup, I'll be absolutely delghted.

Barring a catastrophic collapse that should be CL football guaranteed for next season. Fancy loaning me Pedro? :D

Joao Pedro is never leaving my side. :D

Bruno Gama's Management Career - March/April 2022 - Tottenham

Premier League

March

CareersSave-SpursPLFixtures-Mar2022_zpsf42d3d7a.png

A great month with two wins from two in what are traditionally very tough games. We were marvellous for an hour against City, with Jose Alejandro Tapia getting his first league goals for the club, but after going 3-0 ahead in the 58th minute, City had got back to 3-2 by the 62nd minute. We held out though and took all three points. Liverpool came to town and we beat them senseless in the first thirty minutes, going 3-0 up. They got a goal back early in the second half, but they never really threatened to get right back into it and 3-1 it finished.

April

CareersSave-SpursPLFixtures-Apr2022_zps5621454f.png

CareersSave-SpursPLTable-Mar-Apr2022_zps97f51cc6.png

A strange month as we drew three and won just two as I had to rotate players due to us playing so many other games.

We started off with an extremely poor draw at Blackburn, but this was one of the games I had to rotate in as it came just days after a Europa League game in Italy. The Watford game was just at a daft time. It was just two days after the Blackburn game, and just a couple of days before yet another Europa League game. We trailed early but equalised just before the hour mark, and in the end we should have won it, but didn't take our chances. A third away trip of the month followed, this time to face Chelsea. Things really didn't start well for us, and after thirty minutes we found ourselves 2-0 behind. Minutes later though Vitor got one back, and then eight minutes into the second period Joao Pedro drew us level! Both sides had the chances to win it, but 2-2 it remained. Our only home game of the month followed, and we, (in the end), comfortably beat Hull 3-0. Joao Pedro grabbed a brace and also provided the assist for an own goal as we sealed our place in next seasons Champions League! Our final game of the month was away at Norwich, and we put in a sound performance to run out 3-1 winners. Erik Lamela grabbed a double in the first half, and Gerard Deulofeu sealed it late on after Norwich had gragged a goal back. 3-1 it finished.

The seaosn finishes with a home against Newcastle and a trip to Leeds.

FA Cup - Quarter & Semi Finals

March & April

CareersSave-SpursFACFixtures-Mar-Apr2022_zps765d4bb2.png

Really, really pleased!

We eventually saw off Reading in the quarter finals, but it took until the 80th minute and a fortunate penalty for us to get the breakthrough. Vitor added a second in stoppage time to see us through to the semi finals. As iwth last season, Manchester United were our opponents in the semi-final. Things started off in disastrous style and by halftime we were 2-0 down and looking like going out. In second half though, we just clicked into gear. Jose Alejandro Tapia hasn't had the best of times since joining us in January, but again he came to life against a Manchester club. He led the way as we staged a second half comeback to win 4-2 in cracking fashion!

In the final we face Swansea City, of the Championship.

Europa League

March - 2nd Knockout Round & Quarter Final 1st Leg

CareersSave-SpursELFixtures-Mar2022_zpse961e22a.png

We were stunning in the first leg against Galatasary as we just cut through them at will. Of course there was a little disappointment as we conceded an away goal, but still 4-1 was a cracking result. The second leg was crazy really. We went 3-1 and then Gala had a man sent off, but they really made a game of it then, getting back to 2-3 and then after we went 4-2 up they grabbed another late on. We were never in trouble of collapsing and going out, but it was a thrilling game. In the quarter final first leg we were awesome in Italy against Genoa. We tore at them on the counter and could have scoed more, but a 3-0 win was more than pleasing.

April - Quarter Final 2nd Leg & Semi-Finals

CareersSave-SpursELFixtures-Apr2022_zpsce2172f4.png

A drab quarter final second leg started our Europa League fixtures in April, but it was no matter having won the first leg 3-0. In the semi-finals we were drawn against my old nemesis from Portugal - Porto. The first leg was just brilliant - a 5-0 win was no less than we deserved as we just ran riot. We then put in a performance away in Portugal that was just as accomplished, if not quite as handsome in the final score. We went 1-0 up early through than man Lamela, but Porto levelled it up soon before halftime. Osman Guven got what proved to be the winner just after the hour, his eighth goal in the Europa League. 7-1 we won it on aggregate.

In the final we face a huge challenge - Real Madrid.

Wow Tom, just read from start to finish over the last few days, and been a great read with some awesome twists. I think my favourite was your move and the first season at Benfica, really enjoyed that one. Looking forward to the end of your first full season at Tottenham, good luck in both finals.

Wow Tom, just read from start to finish over the last few days, and been a great read with some awesome twists. I think my favourite was your move and the first season at Benfica, really enjoyed that one. Looking forward to the end of your first full season at Tottenham, good luck in both finals.

Thanks for taking the time to read through, I know trawling through eight pages is a bit of a bitch. :)

Ah yes the Benfica move, I only did that on a whim and didn't actually think they'd give me an interview, nevermind appoint me!

Thank you for the good luck message ahead of the cup finals, will be delighted if win just one of them.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Tottenham 2021/22

Europa League Final

How We Got To The Final

Group Stage

CareersSave-ELGroupFixtures-May2022_zps0edfd41a.png

CareersSave-SpursELTable-Dec2021_zps908b5e47.png

We were drawn in what looked like a pretty easy group, and so it proved to be. We breezed through winning all of our games and scoring nineteen goals in the process, all while regularly rotating the team. The only disappointing aspect was the fact that we conceded an average of a goal per game.

Knockout Stage

CareersSave-ELKORndFixtures-May2022_zps4e2cd96d.png

The knockout stages proved to be just a simple, even if we had some tough looking draws on paper. We were fabulous both home and away to Fenerbahce, and then scpred four twice against Galatasary. Genoa actually gave us our clotest aggregate score as we won 3-0 in the first leg and then drew 0-0 in the second. The semi-final was against an old rival of mine, Porto. They proved to be no match for us, as we thumped them 7-1 on aggregate to set up a final against Real Madrid.

The Final

vs.Real Madrid

The only eligible player unavailable was Christian Eriksen. Aside from that we were without the usual few who were unregistered, the most noticeable being Jose Alejandro Tapia and central defender Gerardo Fazio. We were bascially at full strength then, with just Adrien Rabiot starting for Eriksen. The noticeable players in were goalkeeper Neto, who had played in nearly all the other Europa League games, and Osman Guven who got the nod ahead of Sterling and Deulofeu, purely because he had also played throughout most of the tournament.

CareersSave-ELFinal2022vsRealMadrid_zpsc5a2ca76.png

Match Stats

What a comeback!! What a way to lift the trophy!!

Things didn't get off to the best of starts as we failed to clear a corner properly and a shot from 25 yards out rocketed into the net. Real totally took over the game then and it was no surprise when they went 2-0 ahead in the 25th minute. We again failed to deal properly with a setpiece and after a frantic scramble in the box, Pedro Rodrigues deflected into his own net and we were trailing by two.

At this point I thought; "we may aswell die trying", and went more attacking. This seemed to catch Real out, and Lamela pulled one back two minutes before the break. In stoppage time we squared it up at 2-2! Osman Guven, playing from the left, was brought down in the area and that man Lamela tucked away the spot kick to pull us level. We kept right at it in the second half and it was no surprise when we took the lead. Mattheus pressed Real's central midfielder Ilkay Gundogan into an error before feeding Joao Pedro, who then lashed home from the edge of the area. From 2-0 behind we were now 3-2 up!! Just three minutes later we bagged a fourth; Vitor got free down the right hand side before crossing to Joao Pedro who finished neatly at near the post. 4-2!!!! Real gave us few scares in the final 23 minutes, and indeed we looked the more likely to add to our tally, but 4-2 it remained.

Remarkable.

YES! Great final there Tom, delighted to see you win the "tophy" ;)

Hopefully that luck continues into the next final as well. Nice to see Lamela & Pedro doing it too.

Clever bugger!! It has now been corrected. :D

Was also thrilled that Lamela and Pedro did the business in such a situation, both have been wonderful this season.

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Tottenham 2021/22

FA Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

CareersSave-FACRunToFinal-May2022_zpsec0b6c50.png

Our run to the final of course could have been much tougher, but dealt with what was put infront of us in decent enough style. Dagenham & Redbridge did give us quite a scare, battling back from 3-0 down to 3-2 to have us on back foot in latter stages. The obvious standout result came against Mancheter United. It was thrilling match, and like the Europa Leagie Final we came from behind to win 4-2, with Jose Alejandro Tapia really putting in a good performance.

In the final we would meet Championship side Swansea, who saw both Arsenal and Chelsea in their run to the final.

The Final

vs. Swansea City

Five changes were made from the Europa League Final. The midfield three was totally changed - Busquets, Sandro & Chalobah came in for Rodrigues, Rabiot & Mattheus. Upfront we had a bit of a reshuffle; Osman Guven went out for Tapia. He was moved upfront, as Joao Pedro dropped back behind him with Lamela moving to the left. Lloris replaced Neto in goal.

CareersSave-FACFinal2022vsSwansea_zps46955bc4.png

Match Stats

A cup double - very pleased.

It wasn't a vintage performance at all as there was an understanable bit of tiredness from the Europa League Final just days earlier. That of course contributed to a less than fabulous performance, with Erik Lamela and Joao Pedro inparticular looking a bit lacklustre. The latter did however assist the first goal for Vitor in the opening period with a lovely through ball, and then Jose Alejandro Tapia set up Vitor again in the second period with a simple ball squared across the box for a tap in.

As I said above, not vintage, but job done.

Archived