FM14: Liverpool F.C Thread - This Year is our Year!

cezar.sl

Finished my first season with Liverpool. Won the league, two points before Everton (!). Arsenal and Chelsea finished 8th and 9th! In the summer i have been rebuilding the

squad massively.

IN:

Marc-Andre ter Stefen

Emre Can

Gino Peruzzi

Samuel Umtiti

Julian Draxler

Andrija Zivkovic

James Ward-Prowse

Out:

Lucas Leiva

Glen Johnson

Brad Jones

Martin Skrtel

Andre Wisdom

Pepe Reina

Iago Aspas

Jose Enrique

Joe Allen

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just about to start my 14th. Not done too badly so far either to be fair.

English Premier League: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 & 2026

European Champions League: 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2024, 2025 & 2026

FA Cup: 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2025 & 2026

Capital One Cup: 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2025 & 2026

English Community Shield: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2024, 2025 & 2026

European Super Cup: 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026

Club World Championship: 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024 & 2025

Nice one some trophy haul that, am just about to start a new save been in work the last few nights

eastley nice regen :)

matsnor21 great first season

I have messed my game up. I a bid to gain more goals and more attacking options a late night splurge of money has seen me buy way too many forwards and I feel like Harry Redknapp or Bryan Robson.

Benzema

Suarez

Sturridge

Ferraya

Nelson Olivera (had to from old fm games)

Modric

Coutinho

Scheiber from Dortmund second team

Pjanic

I play a 4-1-3-2 formation and keeping these players happy will be tough.

Has anyone bought Modric before and how do you play him?

I have messed my game up. I a bid to gain more goals and more attacking options a late night splurge of money has seen me buy way too many forwards and I feel like Harry Redknapp or Bryan Robson.

Benzema

Suarez

Sturridge

Ferraya

Nelson Olivera (had to from old fm games)

Modric

Coutinho

Scheiber from Dortmund second team

Pjanic

I play a 4-1-3-2 formation and keeping these players happy will be tough.

Has anyone bought Modric before and how do you play him?

Never had Modric before, how much did he set you back ?

How much did ALL of that set him back?!

Haha true, good question, so how much ?

Also after playing FMC mode for so long i cant get into the full version so gone back to my old Liverpool FMC save where am halfway through season 3.

I've spent a bit of money myself but recouped quite a bit having a net spend of £22M so happy with that, bought the likes of A.Sandro, A.Ayew, D.Costa, S.Khedira, Quintero. Selling Coates, Reina, Agger, Borini, Lucas and a few others

Trophies so far

611a5005655c176b2bdc25c2211a1034.png

Spending

2bf6954d135313ec79f3c2c6cdead24d.png

Modric £16.75m

Benzema £28m

Ferreyra £9.75m

Schieber free

Oliveira £8m

Koval £19.75m

Sold

Suso £23m Barce

Verratti £35m city

Santon £20m Monaco

Sterling £10m Sevilla, gutted, drunken sale

Some nice prices there except Sterling obviously haha

In for a big clean out, way to many players in my squad..

Johnson

Sterling

Balotelli

Henderson

Shaw

Ward-Prowse

Hughes

Sakho

Caulker

Tielmans

Balanta

Januzaj

Sturridge

Peruzzi

Lamela

Batshuayi

Allen

Lallana

Jovetic

Mignolet

Reina

Enrique

Ibe

Morata

Lovren

Zivkovic

And a team full of Regens..

Johnson

Sterling

Balotelli

Henderson

Shaw

Ward-Prowse

Hughes

Sakho

Caulker

Tielmans

Balanta

Januzaj

Sturridge

Peruzzi

Lamela

Batshuayi

Allen

Lallana

Jovetic

Mignolet

Reina

Enrique

Ibe

Morata

Lovren

Zivkovic

What are you paying wages?!

The funny thing is though, I am really struggling. Only won the FA cup in season 1 and haven't been close to the title and in season 2016-2017. I am on the edge of being sacked, so the players I have mean didly!

Due to having all central midfielders, I have to play a certain way.

My midfield four are:

Countinho - AM slot as advanced playmaker

Modric- cm

Rossiter- cm

Pjanic- cm

I have Bender, Romero and Henderson on the subs bench or injured. I have way too many players. I might try and switch to a 4-2-3-1 formation, but then will have way too many forwards.

Sturridge

Suarez

Ferrerya

Benzema

Oliveira

Schieber - why i bough him on a free, I will never know.

Boy I have really messed up my game!

Central defenders are Sakho, Ginter, Balanta, Llori, Kelly.

DOH!

Johnson

Sterling

Balotelli

Henderson

Shaw

Ward-Prowse

Hughes

Sakho

Caulker

Tielmans

Balanta

Januzaj

Sturridge

Peruzzi

Lamela

Batshuayi

Allen

Lallana

Jovetic

Mignolet

Reina

Enrique

Ibe

Morata

Lovren

Zivkovic

Christ almighty! That's bigger than my first team squad as it is haha.

Turning Gerrard into a coach in the summer so that's - £50k, then Coates is going in for Caulker maybe, which will break even in terms of wages.

I've kept a strict wage budget to get finances at the best possible and most of the players who ask for a new contract back down after I say they have time on their contract left.

92b1764597e7b658330a0a6e4a625ca2.png

Currently spending £1.2 million per week on wages.

edit: Might cash in Sturridge and play Sheyi Ojo next season - he'll be 20 and has a lot of improvement time. I think him, Lightfoot, Sinclair and Fuchs will be good enough for next season.

I want to start a new save asap with new signings, will just use editor and move to my club option.

Who goes and who comes in? Will have to go from hunches/rumours for most..

IN

Lallana

Lambert

Can

Lazar Markovic (supposedly done and dusted)

Dejan Lovren (apparently pretty close to done)

Juan Cuadrado (unlikely so probably a no)

Karl Darlow (unlikely as interest from other clubs is to high)

Moussa Sissoko (Rumored but unlikely)

Diafra Sakho (being monitored but bigger clubs also interested, unlikely)

Divock Origi (just has to pass medical apparently)

Yaya Toure (Leaving City, preferred PSG, Chelsea or Liverpool, unlikely)

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Rumored is all)

Keylor Navas (only a Rumor of interest)

DeAndre Yedlin (Rumor)

Xherdan Shaqiri (Rumor)

OUT

Suarez to Barcelona

Yalany Baio, Yusuf Mersin, Michael Ngoo, Craig Roddan, Stephen Sama. (all released)

Luis Alberto (season loan)

Daniel Agger been offered to Barcelona apparently.

Villyan Bijev (Slavia Sofia)

Jakub Sokolik (Yeovil Town)

Pepe Reina (Liverpool will sell, just a matter of who and when)

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool may sell, want to offload wages)

What ones do I go ahead with? Of cause first three ins are done, Origi and Markovic looks set to go ahead too.. Do I take a punt on others??

Would be good to get this done as soon as possible..

Hi folks,

For anyone who is having trouble with getting a save off the ground, I have finally managed to get one working with the starting squad using some very simple principles in terms of tactics.

I had gotten the sack countless times on previous saves, never managing to start well and never managing to maintain any sort of consistency but I seem to finally have a tactic that works for me now and I’m happy to share how I’ve done it for others who may have gone through the same sort of frustration I’d suffered on previous saves.

Basically I line up with a 4-3-3 formation, i.e. a flat back four, a holding midfielder in the DM strata, two central midfielders, two wingers in the AM strata and a central striker.

My team instructions are all quite focused on pressing – so push higher up, hassle opponents, play narrower, and then when I get the ball back, short passing, and drill crosses.

I play with one of my full backs (the right full back) attacking duty and the other on support duty with both centre backs and the defensive midfielder (with simply a ‘defensive midfielder’ role) on defence duty. My central midfield pairing in front of the Defensive Midfielder is a Ball Winning Midfielder (BWM) and Advanced Playmaker (AP) combo with the BWM on support duty and Advanced Playmaker on attacking duty. I also tell both my full backs and my two central midfielders to close down more.

My two wingers are set as Inside forwards (IFs) with the Right IF set to attack and the left IF set to support with both told to mark tighter and sit narrower. My central striker is then a complete forward with his main instruction being to move into channels.

The tactic is working well, I’m a point off Chelsea who are top of the league as we head into February of first season. We would be even higher but for a serious injury crisis which forced me to play the like of Sinclair, Rossiter and Ibe for a few games each. We lost at home to United and way to Spurs Arsenal and Chelsea so I need to improve against the bigh teams but I’ve barely dropped points apart from that.

Suarez is my top scorer unsurprisingly but Sterling, Sturridge and even Moses have been excellent also – Sturridge actually doesn’t always get a game such has been the form of Sterling and Moses either side of Suarez. In midfield, Lucas has been okay in DM but Joe Allen as a BWM and Gerrard as the AP have been excellent. Sakho and Agger have been my centre-back pairing with Johnson very good at right back and Enrique ok at left back.

Lucas wants to leave so I told him he could go at the end of the season so I’ll need to bring in a couple of defensive midfielders in the summer – I’m thinking Emre Can could be one given his versatility. I’m also looking for a new left back to challenge Enrique and possibly Valdes to challenge Mignolet. Suarez’s real life situation is putting me off keeping him in the game – wondering if people have sold him after first season and if so, what they’ve gotten for him in terms of a fee?

Maybe stumbled across a tactic, not sure though as only played 5 games with it.

2x cd defenders

2x attacking wingbacks in the proper position

Regista

Ball winning midfielder in cm slot

Attacking support midfielder

Advanced Plamaker support

Complete forward support

Target man attack.

Unbeaten in 5, with 4 wins and a draw. Letting in a few, but just needs tweaking.

Maybe stumbled across a tactic, not sure though as only played 5 games with it.

2x cd defenders

2x attacking wingbacks in the proper position

Regista

Ball winning midfielder in cm slot

Attacking support midfielder

Advanced Plamaker support

Complete forward support

Target man attack.

Unbeaten in 5, with 4 wins and a draw. Letting in a few, but just needs tweaking.

Played with nearly Identical tactic, as soon as you get a few games in a row, and tire a little, the wheels will fall off, you always start strong each match, then let up goals in the second half like you've never seen.

Played with nearly Identical tactic, as soon as you get a few games in a row, and tire a little, the wheels will fall off, you always start strong each match, then let up goals in the second half like you've never seen.

Yeah I do seem to bang 2-3 goals in the first half and ehn almost hanging on late on. May need to tinker with it a little. I just happend to come across it when I was tinkering.

Never once in my life on FM have I ever had that happen, I have had games go as far as 2050..

Think I've only ever had it happen once or twice myself, not lucky when it comes to takeovers

918cc77434877ec0a1d6409a38263336.png

Pretty superb.

Had him tutored by Suarez, Gerrard and Henderson and is improving every month. Him, Sterling, Suso and Harry Wilson all look world class.

What training program/s do/did you have him on?

What training program/s do/did you have him on?

First six month: Tutored by Suarez, individual focus on agility

then: Tutored by Gerrard, IF on agility

then: tutored by Henderson, IF on strength

then: tutored by Suarez, IF on strength

then: IF on technique onwards after that.

any of you been using Henderson as a right back? planing to use Lucas and Gerrard as my main central midfielders, and Allan and Lucas Romero (whom I'm looking to bring in) as my back ups to those

and Henderson have very good full back attributes

Roller coaster ride in my first season as Liverpool boss

Started out with with a 0-0 draw with Everton followed by a defeat to Stoke

Both cups were lost early on, but used my reserves to get them playing time

Got back on track, and the engines firing when Suarez came back, but lost a little steam around Xmas and the sight of Chelsea in first place.

With spring came a good run and caught up with Chelsea before entering the final stage of the season

Though that I had lost it, when Arsenal came from 3-1 down to make it 3-3 with 2 minutes left of the game, but Suarez scored a 3rd in the game to make it 4-3

Hammered Sunderland 4-0 in the next game

So everything looked nice going into the 2nd last game of the season away to WBA, got a early goal though Suarez but Morrison made it 1-1 with 15 minutes to go, and I was unable to get a winner

Going into the final game at home against Man U, Chelsea were 3 points ahead (they were away against Cardiff)

Hammered Man U 3-0 with goals from Coutinho, Suarez and Gerrard

Away in Wales Chelsea lost 3-2 :D

Meaning that both them and us finished with 77 point, 23 wins, 8 draws and 7 defeats but my Liverpool side had scored 16 goals more than them

so ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2013/2014 is LIVERPOOL FC

---

Transfer dealings

Ben Davies (Swansea) Miroslav Klose (Lazio) and Lucas Romero (Velez) joined in the first transfer window + Ryan Shawcross in the January one

Kyle Walker (Spurs) and 3 newgens are joining in the summer - No luck on the intake in my own newgens

Shipped off Reina permantly in the January transfer window to Napoli, and Sama also left for Rostock + released a lot of youth players that were up to no good

Could see a hole lot of players leaving in the summer window with 2-3 new ones arriving beside Walker and the newgens

---

Coutinho won Footballer of the year

Suarez won Players player of the year

Suarez won Topscorer of the year (with 31 goals, 12 down to Diego Costa of Chelsea in 2nd spot)

Sterling won Players young player of the year

I won Manager of the year

Sterling, Coutinho and Suarez were in Team of the year

Coutinho won European Golden Boy

---

Else where Man City finished in 7th and lost the FA cup final to Newcastle, so no European football to them

Some impressive achievements here.

After bringing AFC Liverpool to Championship from tier 9 I also decided to try my hand at managing the big Liverpool, but this time I'm interested in doing total Britanization - i.e. only signing and playing footballers from UK & Ireland. I used one of LFCMarshall's summer updates - in case someone's wondering how come we're in CL in the very first season.

Obviously, the first step was the massive transfer overhaul - getting rid of every non-UK players and getting adequate replacements. I'm pretty happy with the campaign, even though it annoyed me that I got bids accepted for Caulker and Shaw, and they didn't even want to talk to me about the contracts (might be because Caulker just joined Cardiff in 2013, but Shaw? Just low reputation, maybe?). Hopefully gonna get them next summer.

5f24e3c91a.jpg

The only fail was signing Gibbs because the man spends most of the time in the hospital, and when he's not there, you wish he was. Flanagan tends to get sent off, but apart from that he seems much more solid. Transfer successes, however, were many: surprisingly, the centre-back partnership Shawcross-Dawson is among the finest in the league, especially with free signing Barry playing in front of them. As for Forster, the fans are singing odes to him from the very first game.

394285af7c.jpg 0a71b69c4f.jpg

I've chosen to play a careful 4-5-1 where the playmaking MC sometimes moves higher to AMC position against weaker teams, and the whole team responds by adopting a more attacking, aggressive approach. Gerrard is quite good at doing that AMC thing since Barry occupied the DLP position where I originally intended him to play, and Jamie Ward-Prowse is already a very decent rotation option. Still trying to get the best out of my wingers/inside forwards - only Sterling seems to excel so far as IF(S), whereas Lallana, Townsend, Rodriguez and young Grealish are yet to prove themselves. The true revelation, however, was the beast that is Ricardo Lambertinho. He performs in CF(A/S) role like there's no tomorrow, topping the goalscoring chart with 13 goals in 12 starts: he scores headers, tap-ins, long shots, free kicks, penalties - you name it.

e49f5872a1.jpg f58e4963b0.jpg

It has been an exceptional season so far since we're comfortably topping the table mid-December despite the board expecting me to qualify for EL, and I expected us to challenge for CL at most. Britain rules :D

Hey, Psycrow, I don't know if it's just me or anyone else, but I can't see the images at all from that hosting site. Just small thumbnails and when I click to enlarge them, they don't load.

I would love to do the same as you're doing - having a fully British squad as well and I'm planning on doing that too. :) Great work so far.

ad0d41897937230f254d9a0e57e9e951.png

Just when I started using Ibe over Sterling, Sterling does something like this.

Leicester are awful, by the way. Probably the worst promoted team I've ever played against.

Leicester are awful, by the way. Probably the worst promoted team I've ever played against.

I've attempted to use your tactic but my defense was so leaky, I had to move the CM's to DM to stop the goals especially against teams that play 4-2-3-1 but that is also impacting on me going forward. Any suggestions on how to sure up the defence without having to have DM's?

I've attempted to use your tactic but my defense was so leaky, I had to move the CM's to DM to stop the goals especially against teams that play 4-2-3-1 but that is also impacting on me going forward. Any suggestions on how to sure up the defence without having to have DM's?

It's a shame that you're finding that, I have a tremendous defensive record.

Is there any indication on where the weakness might be? As in a certain centre back or a full back? Or is it consistently just a case of conceding goals?

It's a shame that you're finding that, I have a tremendous defensive record.

Is there any indication on where the weakness might be? As in a certain centre back or a full back? Or is it consistently just a case of conceding goals?

It's mainly the full back regions, and I think it's mainly Glen Johnson. But the cb's play well but then against the better teams just crumble. I have Lovern and Sahko. It mainly seems as though they can't deal with crosses but when I have tried to stop the amount of crosses Glen just goes walk abouts ALL THE TIME

I had a problem with Glen Johson too, funnily enough. He's an awful player (in game and in real life). By the end of the first season, I had John Flanagan taking over him and he was far better than Johnson, but maybe he isn't for you.

I would suggest replacing him ASAP though, but until then, maybe have his player instructions as Shoots less often, Stay wider and Run wide with the ball if you haven't already.

Gerrard left my backroom team to become manager of Leicester where he held the position for 8 years and made them a formidable force. He's now at Reading who have tycoon owners. :D

I hate to say this, but I am going to start again. After my foray into the transfer market and buying everyone like Spurs and not thinking of the team, I have spoilt my game!

Role on developing youth and buying young and for the team.

e49ac399fa5b733fb18ed1e234013a9a.png

Best signing I've ever made considering I was quoted £55 million two seasons ago.

Will sell Mignolet and Fulton in the summer to concentrate developing a future English 'keeper.

Archived