FM14 Cut-Out Faces Megapack Thread

Mons

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant get them to work, any suggestions, I have downloaded the file through torrents, unzipped and place in the graphics folder in my FM14 folder for the game*(which I had to create as was not there) "C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\MEGAPACK 6.0". I've reloaded the game over and over again but they will not show. Do I need to change the folder name of the torrent down load from "megapack 6.0?"

Cant get them to work, any suggestions, I have downloaded the file through torrents, unzipped and place in the graphics folder in my FM14 folder for the game*(which I had to create as was not there) "C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\MEGAPACK 6.0". I've reloaded the game over and over again but they will not show. Do I need to change the folder name of the torrent down load from "megapack 6.0?"

It should go as below:

"C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\faces"

;)

You need to ensure your preferences are set up in this manner:

instructions.jpg

Right I'm giving this another go. I have the pack for fm13 so I only have to download the changes, is that right? Do I then have to copy the pics from my fm13 folder to the fm14 folder?

Do all the pics need to be in one folder? And do I have to download the torrent file and if so where to?

Sorry if this is a daft question if the answer is yes.

Right I'm giving this another go. I have the pack for fm13 so I only have to download the changes, is that right? Do I then have to copy the pics from my fm13 folder to the fm14 folder?

Do all the pics need to be in one folder? And do I have to download the torrent file and if so where to?

Sorry if this is a daft question if the answer is yes.

Depending if you downloaded any of the 5.x updates, you'd have to download the 5.01 to 5.10 updates, the 6.0 update pack and the upcoming 6.01 update pack to be fully up-to-date. In the meantime you can safely move your FM13 folder into your FM14 folder. All the pics need to be in one folder, and one folder only.

You can elect to download the torrent file to ensure you get the full file and not mess about with downloading the packs separately, the choice is entirely yours...

can someone upload the file somewhere for everyone to grab easily? uploaded, netload or 4shared would be ideal

It's a 6GB+ file - if you have any ideas of a free hosting site which accepts files that large, do let us know. Alternately, you can download the torrent file to get this pack.

Pretty much this ?

Are you guys planning on putting it on the workshop ?

First of all, I have no idea how Steam Workshop works so we'd have to check that our first. Secondly, I understand uploads on there are limited to 200MB, which is nowhere near enough for this file...

How do I know which pack I am up to? I downloaded this a few years ago and would like to build upon what I've already downloaded but have no idea which one I got up to before.

Look at the date modified of the config.xml file in your megapack folder, and try to approximate it to a release date on one of the update packs in previous versions on this page.

To be honest, if it's been such a long time since you updated your pack, I'd advise you to download the torrent and this way make sure you are fully up-to-date, instead of downloading and applying 10, 20 or more update packs separately...

Not that I'm ungrateful but the rapidshare download only does it at a speed of 30kb/s (I read this is intentional to put off illegal file sharers) and so I went and downloaded uTorrent (never used torrent downloader before) and its even slower at 10kb/s lol. My only hope is that it speeds up eventually lol.

I guess the only thing to do would be to try become a "Premium member" and get it quicker that way. Can you sign up, download the file then cancel your subscription?

I swear it never used to be this hard to download these quicker!

Hi All

Does anyone know how to get the bigger player profile pictures like in Mons first post?

Cheers

I took that screenshot myself on my FM14 game without any player faces mod so I don't see how it's a bigger player profile than anybody else's :? I have a reasonably high resolution, so that might be the cause.

artdekok on this very same forum has some panels which modify some skinning aspects, and I understand his mod also modifies the way player pictures are displayed - you might want to take a look at it...

Not that I'm ungrateful but the rapidshare download only does it at a speed of 30kb/s (I read this is intentional to put off illegal file sharers) and so I went and downloaded uTorrent (never used torrent downloader before) and its even slower at 10kb/s lol. My only hope is that it speeds up eventually lol.

I guess the only thing to do would be to try become a "Premium member" and get it quicker that way. Can you sign up, download the file then cancel your subscription?

I swear it never used to be this hard to download these quicker!

The problem with the torrent file is that once people download it, they stop seeding it, which is not really fair on other people who would like to get their hands on it, like you. There's sadly not much I can do about that :(

As regarding premium membership, it's best to ask our site admin Rob on sortitoutsi (registration is free) as I don't really take care of that side of things...

The torrent is downloading very good so far, well chuffed. Huge file though.

Do they go in the normal spot? Documents > SI > FM14 > Data > Graphics > Faces? And then just as the whole folder?

Nope this is the correct path: Documents > SI > FM14 > Graphics > [anywhere in here]. Yes, you should have one folder and one folder only with all the images (and the config file) therein. Also make sure that the preferences are as displayed in the screenshot below:

instructions.jpg

I took that screenshot myself on my FM14 game without any player faces mod so I don't see how it's a bigger player profile than anybody else's :? I have a reasonably high resolution, so that might be the cause.

artdekok on this very same forum has some panels which modify some skinning aspects, and I understand his mod also modifies the way player pictures are displayed - you might want to take a look at it...

Thanks for replying Mons

This is my player profile picture screen below:

http://imageshack.us/f/822/9vqy.jpg/

Is this the correct size as these just look smaller compared the ones in the first post, but it might just be me! :)

Hi mates,

Need some help here. I have installed the megapack. It looks great indeed. Thanks to Sitousi and friends for the megapack. However, right now, my match engine seems to stutter very badly at times while watching the match in 3d. I'm using NVidia GeForce 765m gtx 2gb for my graphic card.

After encountering the problem, i've set the graphics quality preference to be determined by pc. But, the problem is not resolved. I tried to clear the cache from AppData/Roaming folder, but nothing to be found in the folder. For now, i'm at lost as to what to do next.

Did anyone encountered the same problem..? Any suggested solution..?

Thank you.

i have a problem with the mini icons

i put the megapack and the icons folder in si/fm2014/graphics/faces with the magapack is all ok but with the icons i have a problem and i cant see them

what i do wrong???

This year the icons only display in the search bar for some reason...

Hi mates,

Need some help here. I have installed the megapack. It looks great indeed. Thanks to Sitousi and friends for the megapack. However, right now, my match engine seems to stutter very badly at times while watching the match in 3d. I'm using NVidia GeForce 765m gtx 2gb for my graphic card.

After encountering the problem, i've set the graphics quality preference to be determined by pc. But, the problem is not resolved. I tried to clear the cache from AppData/Roaming folder, but nothing to be found in the folder. For now, i'm at lost as to what to do next.

Did anyone encountered the same problem..? Any suggested solution..?

Thank you.

I don't think any slowness in the match engine can be traced back to this file. This is certainly the first time I've heard of anything of the sort.

This year the icons only display in the search bar for some reason...

I don't think any slowness in the match engine can be traced back to this file. This is certainly the first time I've heard of anything of the sort.

Thanks for the reply mate. For your info, the match engine is not slow, it stutters or jerks. It looks as though the players are being shake.

I don't have a problem with any of the new faces from this facepack are showing up fine, but all of the original images that shipped with the game have disappeared. This never happened in previous versions using the same method, so does anyone know if the way the faces that shipped with the game are organised is different this year, and more importantly, has anyone experienced this problem and resolved it?

Ive used this pack for many years, and always been very impressed. However quite a lot of the images are outdated compared to the default FM14 faces.

Is there a way of just using the faces that are not available by default on FM14. In other words, just fill in the blanks?

When i click the link posted by one of the guys it says "404 not found". I cant find the torrent file, the only options are rapidshare which is a 15 parts... Can someone help? Its never been this complicated before..

Edit: Managed to find it thankfully. Just a quick question though when we download the updated face packs do we just add the folder in? or extract the contents of the file?

Hi there. I actually moved my FM14 folder onto my E:\ drive in the same way as I did with previous FM's because my C is a small SSD. Every single graphic addon is showing up perfectly - it is only SI's original images that have disappeared.

If you're using our pack, then the images therein will naturally be displayed instead of SI's original images.

Ive used this pack for many years, and always been very impressed. However quite a lot of the images are outdated compared to the default FM14 faces.

Is there a way of just using the faces that are not available by default on FM14. In other words, just fill in the blanks?

It has always been our intention to include the best cut-outs in our megapack, irrespective of how recent they are. I really don't see the point in including an image inferior to the current megapack cut-out, just because the player has this season's kit. Naturally, we endeavour to update the megapack as much as humanly possible and in cases where there has been a major change in facial hair or hair-style and which are drawn to our attention, they will most likely replace the previous image once they are cut out.

If you want to use SI's default images, then you can extract them with the resource archiver, rename the filename to the person's UID (this can be done automatically using fmXML) and replace the current megapack images. It's a big pity that the cutters which SI use generally produce cut-outs which are relatively poorer than ours, with lots of snow, missing ears etc. I haven't had time to check this year's so they might have improved dramatically for all I know.

If there's any particular images you want use to change in the megapack, you are welcome to visit our forum on sortitoutsi and request them according to our rules :thup:

Can someone please explain to me the step by step like you've done here for windows for a Mac please ??? I use mac, and would love a tutorial.

Checked all over the internet, can't find a in depth step by step guide.

Download the torrent file.

Extract it with winrar.

Navigate to the folder where your saved games are kept. Alongside the games (and other) folder, create one named graphics and put the resulting folder therein.

Load up FM14 and change the preferences as shown in the screenshot earlier in this thread.

It's really not that hard ;)

When i click the link posted by one of the guys it says "404 not found". I cant find the torrent file, the only options are rapidshare which is a 15 parts... Can someone help? Its never been this complicated before..

Edit: Managed to find it thankfully. Just a quick question though when we download the updated face packs do we just add the folder in? or extract the contents of the file?

After copying in the update packs (accept all overwrite warnings), you need to have one folder, and one folder only, with all the images in there + the config file.

The Facepack site has currently been down for like 5 days :( Rapidshare starts off Superfast at like 300k/s and then slows right down to 3k/s after hits 2-3%... download eventually crashes... anyone know when this will be fixed? :)

The reason we use Rapidshare is that they are the only file-hosting site which have accomodated us with regards to coding and automatic uploading of the update pack. We'll check to see if there's anything else we can do for the time being, but we can't really tell Rapidshare to sort themselves out ;)

Extract it with winrar.

Navigate to the folder where your saved games are kept. Alongside the games (and other) folder, create one named graphics and put the resulting folder therein.

Load up FM14 and change the preferences as shown in the screenshot earlier in this thread.

Is UNRARX ok to use to extract ??? This is a screenshot of my graphics folder.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Screenshot2013-11-08at125630PM_zpsd952c0f4.png.html

^^^ From the fmfaces.net website the panini pack.

Now. Does that look right ???

Hi there. I actually moved my FM14 folder onto my E:\ drive in the same way as I did with previous FM's because my C is a small SSD. Every single graphic addon is showing up perfectly - it is only SI's original images that have disappeared.

If you're using our pack, then the images therein will naturally be displayed instead of SI's original images.

A misunderstanding. Its not the images that are replaced I am worrying about, but rather those that have disappeared entirely. There are quite a few that haven't been replaced, but still have disappeared after I installed the facepack - ie the original SI images.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your reply Mon.

Appreciate that you can't do Rapidshare. But thought you would like to know that the other site (upload.net) is getting you to upload stuff not relating to the facepacks - it looks like some dodgy program or something and unfortunately I can't read german to determine what it is, my computer just says it's not safe!

Salvector

Any links for not rapidshare? My PC downloads about 50mbs of the pack in 10 seconds then reverts to 3.4kb/sec download speed. Would never finish at that rate. Tried it over the past 3 days multiple times. (No it's not my internet... I have 50mb speeds)

Any links for not rapidshare? My PC downloads about 50mbs of the pack in 10 seconds then reverts to 3.4kb/sec download speed. Would never finish at that rate. Tried it over the past 3 days multiple times. (No it's not my internet... I have 50mb speeds)

SRG Rapidshare isn't working - hasn't been working for the last few days as per my previous post. The new site Upload.net isn't working either.

They'll get it fixed, I'm sure they just are incredibly busy at the moment :)

A misunderstanding. Its not the images that are replaced I am worrying about, but rather those that have disappeared entirely. There are quite a few that haven't been replaced, but still have disappeared after I installed the facepack - ie the original SI images.

Any thoughts?

Can you pinpoint a couple of examples as I'm still not understanding what you mean? Do you get an empty space or the default "black" face for players without an image? Also, can you confirm that the preferences are set up as in the screenshot displayed above?

Extract it with winrar.

Is UNRARX ok to use to extract ??? This is a screenshot of my graphics folder.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Screenshot2013-11-08at125630PM_zpsd952c0f4.png.html

^^^ From the fmfaces.net website the panini pack.

Now. Does that look right ???

No, you need to extract the files you download as they are currently compressed and the game isn't able to read them. No idea what UNRARX is, I can only recommend winrar as it's the one I compiled the megapack with and the one I can guarantee works.

Can you pinpoint a couple of examples as I'm still not understanding what you mean? Do you get an empty space or the default "black" face for players without an image? Also, can you confirm that the preferences are set up as in the screenshot displayed above?

That's how my preferences are set up. I get the default "black face". Playing in England, i've noticed it mostly with a random smattering of players players from the English Championship (whose ID's dont have entry in the config file), like Will Hughes, Mason Bennett, and a few others. Mostly with promising younger players in the UK.

1st of all, great work on the megapack!

have been having issues with the loading time of the game, i think i know have 2 sets of my custom grpahics as the steam workshop appears to have replicated them? would this be the problem? if so how can i stop the steam workshop from doing it?

That's how my preferences are set up. I get the default "black face". Playing in England, i've noticed it mostly with a random smattering of players players from the English Championship (whose ID's dont have entry in the config file), like Will Hughes, Mason Bennett, and a few others. Mostly with promising younger players in the UK.

Both players you mention are in the megapack and are in the config, so either you have a very old version of the MP or you're doing something terribly wrong. Especially when you consider that if a player's UID isn't in the config and he has a default SI image, then the latter would be automatically displayed.

1st of all, great work on the megapack!

have been having issues with the loading time of the game, i think i know have 2 sets of my custom grpahics as the steam workshop appears to have replicated them? would this be the problem? if so how can i stop the steam workshop from doing it?

Hi Seanykav, please can you let us know where you got the back from? Sortitoutsi isn't working - site has been done for the past week for Rapidshare - so be great if you let us know where you got the pack from :)

Downloads are now available on sortitoutsi and have been available since yesterday...

I'm afraid not Mons. RapidShare has been down for a week - it doesn't let you download, goes really slow and then crashes. Below is another users problem:

Upload works intermittaly.

having said that, I know this is beyond your control Mons :)

Archived