Half Back

[video=youtube;TAuIe7f5kz4]

Shadow Striker

[video=youtube;Hyl_XHMeSmk]

False 9

[video=youtube;hgWF6iLT1ls]

Limited Fullback

[video=youtube;aOeTkR36mu0]

How do I subscribe...I like this guy. Being a Yank, he explains things in a way I can understand them. I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to football, so I have much to learn. It seems to me FM is simply the king of management simulations, and therefore I am going to have to learn the nuances of the beautiful game. I like baseball very much, and while OOTP offers up a very nice simulation, I just don't think it has the same depth and detail FM does. So this, and any other educational resources like it, are much appreciated and needed on my part.

How do I subscribe...I like this guy. Being a Yank, he explains things in a way I can understand them. I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to football, so I have much to learn. It seems to me FM is simply the king of management simulations, and therefore I am going to have to learn the nuances of the beautiful game. I like baseball very much, and while OOTP offers up a very nice simulation, I just don't think it has the same depth and detail FM does. So this, and any other educational resources like it, are much appreciated and needed on my part.

Ya I enjoyed those videos. He's been helpful. I stumbled across them a few hours ago and I thought I'd share with you all.

He mentioned some way to subscribe to his videos..not sure where, or how.

You would subscribe through youtube. If you don't have an account, create one. Then subscribe, and you will get updates on your youtube homepage whenever he puts up a new video.

First off, I think some of these new roles are great. As a LLM I've been crying out for a role like the Limited Full Back. I also like the False #9 and Target Flank Man

However...

Are all of these roles supplementing the ones already in the game? Or are they replacing some of them?

If its the former, I think its a tad bit of overkill. The Enganche video describes Juan Roman Riquelme as being the classic real-life example, but you could equally apply that to him being a Trequarista. Likewise, as far as I can make out there is very little difference between the Regista and the Deep Lying Playmaker with a support duty, or the Shadow Striker and the Deep Lying Forward.

No existing Roles will be lost as a result of the introduction of new Roles, as far as I am aware.

With the greatest of respect to the creator of those videos, it is one person's subjective interpretation of what a new Role may be.

As such, I wouldn't read too much into their assumptions.

In your specific examples, the Enganche should be far more static than a Trequartisa.

The Trequartista roams laterally in FM13, the Enganche should be a fairly static pivot.

There are arguments either way about Riquelme, it's all subjective.

Regista should vary from the DLP as it should roam from position more than a DLP - sort of like a Trequartista at DM.

Shadow Striker will be a lot more offensively aggressive than a DLF. He'll be sprinting from the AM area, whilst a DLF will often start at ST, drop into AM and then move forwards. I would anticipate that the Shadow Striker will be more prolific than a DLF.

No existing Roles will be lost as a result of the introduction of new Roles, as far as I am aware.

With the greatest of respect to the creator of those videos, it is one person's subjective interpretation of what a new Role may be.

As such, I wouldn't read too much into their assumptions.

In your specific examples, the Enganche should be far more static than a Trequartisa.

The Trequartista roams laterally in FM13, the Enganche should be a fairly static pivot.

There are arguments either way about Riquelme, it's all subjective.

Regista should vary from the DLP as it should roam from position more than a DLP - sort of like a Trequartista at DM.

Shadow Striker will be a lot more offensively aggressive than a DLF. He'll be sprinting from the AM area, whilst a DLF will often start at ST, drop into AM and then move forwards. I would anticipate that the Shadow Striker will be more prolific than a DLF.

Righto, thanks. I'd only had a quick glance at the videos and thought they were official SI ones!

• 1 month later...

Archived