Rewards for a very successful manager?

Hi all, just a very quick question. I tried to search for a similar topic but couldn't find one.

I've been very successful with Liverpool in my game, winning the league three times in the past four years and Champs League twice in a row. Now, if I keep this up for a few more years, basically becoming the most successful manager the club has ever had, is there any possibility that the club will reward me with something like a statue outside the stadium, or renaming a stadium stand in my name, or renaming the stadium altogether, etc.?

The reason I'm asking for this is that if there's no such reward, then I wanna jump to another club in another league sometime in the near future. But if there is, then I would love to stay around and be a legend here.

Thanks.

I have seen on this forum that people have had a stadium named after them but I think its normally if the club builds a new one so you might want to start heckling the board for one.

Yes, I've heard about this, too, and I wonder if it's real. I hope that a player who has actually got this, or an official SIgames statement, will confirm this later. Like how long did it take, and how successful were they, and what else needed to happen, etc.

I wish that there were rules for these rewards like in the old SimCity games: after a certain growth, you get a mayor house, and then a stadium, and then a statue, and then another landmark, and so on, and you can place them anywhere you want in your city grid.

Yes, I've heard about this, too, and I wonder if it's real. I hope that a player who has actually got this, or an official SIgames statement, will confirm this later. Like how long did it take, and how successful were they, and what else needed to happen, etc.

I wish that there were rules for these rewards like in the old SimCity games: after a certain growth, you get a mayor house, and then a stadium, and then a statue, and then another landmark, and so on, and you can place them anywhere you want in your city grid.

It happens. Pretty often too. If you build a new stadium and you're well thought of enough, it'll probably be named after you. I doubt there's a set value you need to reach for it, depends on a lot of factors.

It is real, it's happened (I think multiple times) on FMCU this year. The example I can remember was 12 years and rather a lot of league titles, but he was starting at a very small (Hungarian) club, so not only was there a demand for a new stadium after a while, he didn't really have any competition as a 'club legend' for it to be named after. I think one of the others was Sunderland (a very long time indeed, numerous trophies and I think a few promotions as well) so it is possible at relatively big clubs but at Liverpool I think there's less need for a new stadium (aside from on grounds of age and condition I suppose) but there are a probably bunch of other people it could be named after, if it's named after anyone at all, so you're chances aren't good I'm afraid.

I am managing Liverpool and had a new stadium named after me. From recollection I think that it was completed around the summer of 2019 but had been announced a year or two earlier. I think I had 6 league titles and 4 Champions leagues at that point (plus a number of other trophies alongside).

Hahahaha, seriously??That's it. That's all I needed to make me stay =D
Actually, its not time limited in that way. It depends what age you are when you started your career. If you were 20 then it makes sense that it takes 15 years or so before you get a son. If you were 40 when you started your career, your son can come anytime.My in game son came in after 6 seasons - and had the same name as my real son! He was quite good as well.

As said before, having a stadium named after you only happens when a new one is build, and you're on the legend/icon list.

I have had 3 in the last few FMs, not in FM13 yet though, haven't played far enough yet.

In previous FMs I have had a message saying fans want to build a statue of me outside the stadium. Mainly happened after winning the UCL. Think I had it 2/3 times, in different FM versions.

I don't think there is any message regarding renaming a stand after you. Good idea though, but if you miss the message and scan past it, you'd never know.

And the son thing is completely random. Think it's below 1% chance of happening, then the chance of him being any good is random.

Archived