This makes no sense!

I've been trying to sign a player on a free for more than a season. He wants around £8k per week and I can only offer £6k. How ever much I tried to sign him and tried different clauses etc he refused to sign and preferred to be on a free. All of a sudden several clubs came in for him, including some in his native norway. All realised I couldn't compete so gave up trying to sign him. In the end he went to a norwegian club, who are only paying him £975 per week!

Just had to share this as it was so random and also annoying.

When did they agree the deal to sign him? Just because as a players deal runs down, or especially when they are on a free, their demands lower as they are desperate for a club.

I tried to sign a player who was wanted by another club as well. I'm Rangers in Scottish first the other club is Nocerina. The bloody players just wants too much money, i finally get him to 20k/month and some other clauses and i think i got him. He signs with Nocerina for 15.25k/month and less money in clauses. Even reputation wise Rangers beat Nocerina any day. Both are playing at a lower level as Nocerina is in serie B.

I just don't get it...

I think it would be good in this situation for a players agent to come back to you saying 'look i know you were interested in my player a while ago but couldn't agree terms. Hes now about to accept a lower offer from another club so if you're still interested in him we can talk again.

Player's expectations of contracts, both for buying and renewal are ridiculous.

Thankfully it's been brought up a fair few times across the boards so hopefully they're looking into it, but feel free to head over to the Bugs Forum and add your voice. :)

Tried to tie down my leading goalscorer to a new contract, best I could do was double his wages. He wouldn't accept less than 8 times what I was paying him! Signed for a team of the same reputation on a pre contract and when it was completed I had a look and he's now earning less than what I was paying him. Fuming, especially since my board won't stop reminding me that my fans are unhappy at selling a player who clearly knew how to score in my formation.

Also been trying for over a season to sign this one guy on a free transfer. He's rather have no club than a Championship one... wouldn't mind if he was top class, but he's proper Championship standard... he'd seriously struggle at a team higher than I am. Makes no sense that he wouldn't even sign a short term deal, he's just not interested even after a year and a half of being jobless.

I've just tried signing a 21-year-old and after agreeing a fee with the club it was between me (Parma) and Gladbach to sign him. His agent wouldn't budge from £41k a week for an unproven kid. So I withdrew since I wasn't going to break my wage cap for a kid that would be second place behind my current RB. Anyway, I checked his page and he has signed for 24,500 a week. Almost half of what his agent wouldn't budge down from when I was negotiating.

I really do think SI need to look into contract negotiations and how they're handled because at the moment it seems players are signing too easily for AI teams whilst driving an impossible negotiation with human teams.

It's really annoying to see players sign elsewhere for much less than they wanted from you. I can see that this may happen if a player is not very interested to join you and may only be persuaded by lots of money, but then it shouldn't happen with players you already have and not that often. :thdn:

Player's expectations of contracts, both for buying and renewal are ridiculous.

what i've found to be annoying is when you offer a contract & include a yearly raise of say 5%, & in their next contract talk they won't settle for less than 300% of what they're making now. I could maybe have some understanding in the case of youngsters that suddenly turn into world beaters, but it happens with almost every contract renewal.

Aye, this is properly insane. What normally happens with me is I try to sign a guy, he wants say, 30k more than i'm willing to pay, he signs for a different club in the same window for half what he was asking from me. It's stoopid.

You can see what they are getting at - when you sign for Chelsea you get a bigger wage than when you sign for Swansea, generally. So i guess to some degree it is natural for an agent to come in harder. But if you ACTUALLY won't budge, surely that same agent will budge rather than let his client go to Swansea for less than your original offer??

FM is obviously trying to simulate what's happening with agents in the world right now, and fair play to them, and that is not easy, but they've over-done it. Not ALL the power lies with agenst. In fact, an agent delivering a 30k contract at Swansea to a player who had the chance of a 40k contract at Chelsea would be immeditly sacked and marginalised. No offense Swansea.

Just had something happen that I've never seen before.

Just tried to sign a young player, I was never going to offer him what his agent wanted me to pay, kept negotiating and in the end they walked away from talks. The next day the player sacked the agent. I made another offer and got him for much cheaper, plus I don't have to pay the £1.3m his agent wanted for being a hard-ass negotiator.

Win.

it makes sense....Petropoulos signed for aek athens in real life while Astera Tripolis offered to give him almost double the wage aek did..maybe that players you talk about had familly issues and wanted to stay to his country for football :)...

Archived