[FM13] Travelling to Wembley in a Coach & Horses

chile_paul

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Awards

2013 - World Team of the Year

2012 World Player of the Year - 1st Lionel Messi 2nd Xavi 3rd Cristiano Ronaldo

2013 World Player of the Year - 1st Lionel Messi 2nd Cristiano Ronaldo 3rd Eden Hazard

European Awards

2013/14 Best Player in Europe - 1st Lionel Messi 2nd Cristiano Ronaldo 3rd Eden Hazard

2013/14 European Golden Boy - Mario Gotze

2013/14 European Golden Boot - 1st Falcao 2nd Emmanuel Adebayor 3rd Kevin Volland

English Awards

2013/14 Manager of the Year - 1st Alex Ferguson 2nd Roberto Di Matteo 3rd Tony Pulis

2013/14 Golden Glove - 1st Joe Hart 2nd Hugo Lloris 3rd Pepe Reina

2013/14 Footballer of the Year - Eden Hazard

2013/14 Players' Player of the Year - Ramires

2013/14 Players' Team of the Year

2013/14 Players' Young Player of the Year - 1st Jack Wilshere 2nd Andriy Yaremelenko 3rd Thiago

• Miroslav Klose, legendary German striker and winner of the Wolrd Cup golden boot, retired from football aged 36. Klose scored 64 goals in 121 appearances for Germany
  • French defender Eric Abidal retired after 152 appearances for Barcelona and 61 caps for France. Abidal has 20 competition victories to his name including lifting the Champions League twice with Barcelona in 2009 and 2011
  • Guus Hiddink retired as a manager at the age of 67 - rated as the second most successful Dutch manager of all time, his most successful spell was with PSV, taking them to victory in the Champions League in 1988
  • English centre back giant Rio Ferdinand quit Manchester United and was immediately appointed as Assistant Manager for Queens Park Rangers, reporting to ex Man United midfield general Roy Keane who is the current R's manager
  • Joe Cole, Michael Owen and Craig Bellamy have also hung up their football boots to look for a role in the backroom, but are yet to be appointed. Ex England international Wayne Bridge and Owen Hargreaves are also in the job centre looking for roles
  • Andrea Pirlo and Carles Puyol are two of the most notable foreign stars to be looking to make a name for themselves as managers after successful footballing careers across Europe
  • Sir Alex Ferguson finally decided to call it a day, leaving on a high having repeated the treble winning season of 2008 - it would be an incredible job for anybody to catch him and even Mourinho looks a mile off
  • Martin O'Neill also retired from his post as Man City boss, he leaves football, widely respected as the best ever Northern Irish manager

June 2013

World_UntitledTransfers-5.png

• Manchester United were the early big movers in the transfer window, ending years of speculation to sign Gareth Bale. However Bale struggled in the pressure of such a high stakes move and despite United going on to lift the Premiership and Champions League, Bale was only a bit part performer, playing only 12 games. Marek Hamsik however was a fundamental part of the team all season following his signing from Napoli. Anderson left United to Chelsea to help balance the books, but his luck wasn't in and is now looking for a further move
  • Manchester City also spent big, blowing £37.5m on Javi Martinez from Bayern Munich. Despite an impressive first season in England, Martinez wasn't good enough to do any more than secure 3rd place for City

July 2013

World_UntitledTransfers.png

• Having seen Martinez leave Germany in a big money move, Bayern Munich then raided England to steal Mauroane Fellaini from Everton
  • In a shock move youngster Tom Cleverley left Manchester United to play for relegation fighting Wolves - Cleverley became a Wolves legend however as he stood head and shoulders above his colleagues and helped to retain Premier League status
  • In another surprise move Adam Lallana moved from Southampton to AC Milan. Lallana struggled to adapt to life in Italy, but that didn't stop him picking up his first England caps

August 2013

World_UntitledTransfers-2.png

• In one final big money move, Manchester United moved to pick up Dede from Brazillian side Vasco de Gama. Dede was a revelation for United, averaging 7.75, acting as a rock in central defence

200px-Sheffield_FC_svg.png

Chile_Paul's Career - Season Preview - 2014/15 - Sheffield FC

Board Expectations:

Blue Square Bet North: Learn from the Experience

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying round

FA Trophy: 1st round

My Expectations:

Blue Square Bet North: Top half finish and challenge for play-off's

FA Cup: First round proper, with some good prize money along the way

FA Trophy: Quarter-Finals

Budgets:

Transfer: £9.03k

Wage: £4,590 p/w (Currently spending £3,140)

Balance: -£4,821

Friendlies

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-7.png

A really impressive start to pre-season with strong performances against Championship opposition in the form of Charlton (who we only lost to in the last minute) and Birmingham, before a disappointing slump against Worksop and Vauxhall Motors and a final resurgence in the last 2 games. Let's hope that we're not so erratic once the league kicks off.

Transfers - In

Greg Pearson - Free - After a solid performance on loan last season in which he established himself as regular left back, I was delighted that Greg decided to join permanently

Paddy McLaughlin - Loan - Paddy joins on loan from League 2 York City and will have a regular starting place in midfield as my creative midfield playmaker

Mark Oxley - Free - Mark played for me on loan in my first season at the club, before returning to Hull City. Having been released at the end of his contract it's fantasic news for both him and us that he's decided to return to the club

Farrend Rawson - Free - Right back signed on a free from Derby County - provides cover for Ben Turner at right back and should generally improve the cover across the defence

Benoit Dalibard - Loan - An extension of the loan that allowed Benoit to join for the second half of last season. The partnership between him and Dominic Langdon at the centre of defence is really, really strong

Dale Fulton - On loan from Lincoln City Dale can play across the right and central midfield and defence, providing competition and cover for places

Transfers - Out

A number of youngsters who were never going to make the first team departed - in addition Dan Williams who'd played a substantial role in the 2012/13 season but had found himself on the edges of the squad last season decided to move on. Rob Sissons was overpayed in central midfield for his ability, so I decided not to renew his contract and let him move on.

A quick update on some of the changes at the top of the game in the last season:

• I must admit I'm baffled why my phone didn't start ringing, but following Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement the Manchester United board moved to appoint Pep Guardiola
  • This left the Spanish FA with a difficult decision to make once Del Bosque retired. With their first choice already having been appointed at Man Utd, they went for the current Barcelona boss Tito Villanova

PaulScholey_NewsInbox-5-1.png

• Current betting is on Andre Villas-Boas, who was sacked at the end of last season having failed to secure European football for Tottenham, making the trip to the Spanish giants
  • Following Martin O'Neill's retirement, Man City also had a decision to make. They shocked some by making an appointment from within England, choosing Newcastle United's Alan Pardew to be their next boss. Pardew had earnt himself hero status at Tyneside after leading the Toon to Europa League success in 2013 and then impressing in the subsequent season's Champions League - but it is still a big step-up to manage City and the pressure will be on
  • Newcastle replaced Alan Pardew with Reading's Brian McDermott who has built up a strong reputation for himself having avoided relegation 2 seasons in a row with Reading.
  • After the disappointment of England's dismal world cup campaign, fans were hoping for a big name to be appointed - they were to be disappointed by the FA!!

PaulScholey_NewsInbox-4-1.png

• Elsewhere Michael Laudrup was tempted to leave Swansea City to take the managers position at Napoli. Swansea replaced Laudrup with Paulo Di Canio who has had a meteroic rise to fame as a manager. Milwall had poached Di Canio before his move to Swansea and Di Canio had put Milwall on the road to promotion to the Premier League before he left. Milwall appointed Pat Fenlon from Hibernian who managed to secure that promotion and now has the job of keeping them in the Premier league
  • Tottenham have appointed Marcelo Bielsa in the wake of Andre Villas Boas's sacking and his remit is very clear - Champions League or bust!

200px-Sheffield_FC_svg.png

A quite unbelievable start to the season, marred only slightly by a crash dump which meant I lost my 5-0 thrashing of title rivals Worcester City and replace it with a nervy 3-2 victory. Even though I retained a quite incredible 100% record through to the very last game of the month where we failed to score for the first time against Telford and had to settle for a point.

Goals conceeded remains a concern if I'm honest, despit our excellent record. The marquee signing of Brad Friedel between the sticks along with my centre back partnership of Langdon and Dalibard should be much stronger than this - and some of the goals we've conceeded have been down to basic mistakes. Friedel needs to pull his socks up and start setting an example - my reserve keeper (who was promised a Key Player role in the team before Friedel signed is knocking on my door asking for playing time and I might have to give him his chance).

We had 4 first team players injured against Telford and it really showed, I've slimmed down the playing squad considerably since last season and had to field 3 youth team players in this match - as a result a draw was probably a good result.

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-8.png

I really had been concerned by my strikeforce before the season kicked off, I wasn't convinced that Haddrell would be able to perform at the same level as last season (my coaches still only rate him as 1 star) and I was completely undecided as to who would partner him up front. Haddrell has continued to be a revelation however and whoever he has been partnered with so far has found the back of the net as well. He is a creature of confidence though who goes on great goal scoring runs and then suffers barren patches - let's hope he finds the net again next match.

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages.png

Going very well so far, hope it continues.
I was going to say "that couldn't have gone better" but you did get a draw. :D

Fantastic start Sheffield's rise through the leagues continues at a great pace!

Great start, hope you can keep it going.

Thanks all! Sorry for the lack of updates over the last week, hope to get some playing time in over the weekend!

You'll be the top club in Sheffield before you know it :D

Wednesday and United are both doing well at the top of the Championship so I've got a way to go. Looking like Rotherham might be relegated out of the football league this season though, so they're definitely within my sights

Won't be too difficult. :D

Oi! Watch it!

Our glorious run of form continued through September, with points dropped in only one game. The game was tight against both Nantwich Town, where we had to rely on Andy Hall winning the game after Nantwich had fought back from 2-0 down. Similarly against Tamworth we relied on a goal in the final stages of the game from another winger, this time Jack Waddle popping up from the left wing to salvage a point. Against Nuneaton Town, in 4th place, we were devastatingly good again, inspired by Matt Haddrell once more and really showed our class and we maintained that form once again at home to Merthyr with Haddrell bagging another brace.

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-9.png

It's early days yet, but this league feels just too easy - can't believe I've said that with so long to go in the season, it can only go wrong from here!! I'm away to FC Halifax Town in the next month, so that will be another real test of my title credentials.

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages-1.png

The long FA Cup road to Wembely kicked off again and I was facing Nuneaton Town (a few days before our league meeting). The result was identical however, with a resounding victory for us! Next tie is away to Worksop Town, who I did the double over last season, winning 2-0 both times.

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-2-2.png

I've been remiss in not posting a photograph of my temporary home of Chesterfield's Proact stadium whilst the Coach & Horses Ground is being expanded to meet league regulations. Undoubtedly the best stadium in the BSN at the minute!! Here it is, I get to drive past it every day on my way to work :)

ChesterfieldvBarnetnpowerLeagueTwogSfjf_-NEi3l.jpg

A good month and I guess you're just booting the ball to the head of Haddrell. If you can make the third round of the FA Cup you'll really get the money spinning.

I like to think we're a littbe bit more sophisticated than that! Haddrell plays as a supporting Target Man and holds up play really well, bringing some of the midfield into the game and really helping to link up overall play. He's also a beast when the ball gets whipped into the box from an early cross!

That's an excellent start! Hope you can keep it going!
Fantastic start mate, hope the rest of the season is the same!
Can't ask for a much better start than that :thup:

Thanks all - I agree it can't get much better and the run is continuing at the minute

Great start to the season.

Merthyr in Conference North? Blimey, there must be a lot of South clubs at this level.

That's nothing - we've got Worcester City in the BSN at the minute (even though Gloucester City are in the BSS!) I think it's just driven by the number of London clubs and teams from the South East at this level?

Performances continue to far exceed my expectations as we get a clean sweep of win's in the league in October - although we have started to ship a couple of goals at the back which might just start to be a little bit of a concern. Both Halifax and Histon were in the top 4 at the time I played them so I'm delighted by those results which have helped to extend my run at the top of the table. At Gainsborough I almost fell off my chair when I saw that we'd been awarded a penalty - it was almost 2 years since I'd last been awarded one (16th Oct 2012 for those who are interested) - I'd almost been at the point of reporting it as a bug! Of course no sooner had we scored one when we went and got another one, Scott Dunlop dispatching it just as effectively as the first, going on then to pick up 4 goals in the game for which he now has the league record!

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-3-1.png

We're starting to run away with the league - 9 points clear after only 14 games. The other teams need to sort themselves out, otherwise I might be lifting the league title at Christmas!

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages-2.png

We came unstuck in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, having had a comfortable route through against Worksop (reserve keeper Mark Oxley who is unhappy at his role warming the bench conceeded 2 goals from their only 2 shots :mad:) we were matched away to Lincoln City from the BSP and they were a different class to the teams that we normally face in the BSN. We gave it a good shot and made them play, but they ran out comfortable winners.

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-4-1.png

3 in a row now on the Manager of the Month awards.................

PaulScholey_NewsInbox-14.png

Well, we've had our first little wobble, slipping to a surprise defeat to mid-table Guiseley AFC - as a result of a couple of poor defensive mistakes - having been a goal up early in the match. We then struggled to break down Kings Lynn after our star creative midfield Paddy McLaughlin was sent off for a viscious scissor tackle. We rebounded with 2 good wins though against Colwyn Bay (who had just been hammerred 9-1 in their previous game) and then a fantastic away win against Boston United.

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-10.png

Solihull Moors had closed to within 5 points of our lead by the middle of the month, but a couple of sloppy results from them meant that we'd restored a comfortable lead by the end of November - and they're up against us next!!

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages-3.png

A really poor performance against Northern Premier league side Buxton saw us bow out of the FA Trophy at the 1st round. I can't claim to be too upset as a challenge for this competition was never my top priority, but I'm disappointed by the manner of our defeat.

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-2-3.png

The first game of the month was a home tie against title challengers and second placed Solihull Moors - it was bound to be a tight game against the team who'd won the league in 2012, but had failed to manage to stay up in the BSP last season. It also had some added interest with Dominic Langdon returning to face his old club. It ended up a convincing win, depsite being given a good game we stole an early goal thanks to youngster Scott Dunlop and when they then put the ball into the back of their own net their heads dropped and we romped on to a 3-0 win. We continued our stirling form with a convincing win against bottom of the table Droylsden (my old team from FM11!) before we slipped up slightly versus Worcester City. We were back on the winning train however with a lucky win away to Worcester to round off the year very nicely indeed!

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-3-2.png

I think I'm confident enough to say the title is already ours, the target now is to break the 100 point barrier............

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages-2-1.png

Unfortunately, this news might make that outcome a lot less likely - not sure how we're going to cope without him, although I've got a loanee coming in for 3 months from Mansfield Town who hopefully will help to fill the gap.

PaulScholey_NewsInbox-15.png

Yet another manager of the month award to help fill the trophy cabinet

PaulScholey_NewsInbox-2-4.png

Well January started well and then declined quite rapidly. We started with a convincing win over AFC Telford who were in 6th place, with my new loan signing. Charlie Collins bagging a debut goal before setting up 2 for Scotty Dunlop. The game against Hyde went swimmingly as well with Collins setting up all 3 as he rapidly fell into the mould of Matt Haddrell playing in the supporting Target Man position. Then things started to come a bit unstuck though, a disappointing draw against Southport where they scored a late equaliser was followed by a poor loss to Nuneaton where we failed to hit the back of the net and we then throew away an early lead to los heavily at home against Tamworth.

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-11.png

We're too far up the table for me to be concerned by this mini slump yet, but it's putting the 100 point target under serious doubt now.

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages-4.png

D'oh - I'm a complete idiot and have somehow managed to overwrite my latest save!!!:mad:

As a result I've had to blast through and replay a load of these games - luckily I'm still dominating at the top of the league. In fact I'm slightly ahead of where I was before, but there are a few surprises elsewhere in the league. Brackley Town who had been heading for relegation are now pushing for a playoff place!!

Updated league table below

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages-2-2.png

A quiet month in February allowed some of my tired and jaded players to get a bit of a rest - hopefully sufficiently enough to recover some of the devestating form from earlier in the season having seen performances tail off slightly in recent weeks. Both of my two front men hit the scoresheet in the 2 games, the only disappointment being that 3rd place Halifax Town managed to claw back a late equaliser.

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-12.png

We continue to dominate the table - nobody is catching us now, it's just a question of when rather than if we lift the title!

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages-5.png

It's time to leave the Proact stadium behind and head back to the Coach & Horses Ground after the 1,000 seat expansion. Hopefully next time we're at the Proact stadium we'll be the away team playing Chesterfield!

PaulScholey_NewsInbox-16.png

We couldn't have picked a better match for our first game back at our home stadium however - double the celebrations!

PaulScholey_NewsInbox-2-5.png

PaulScholey_NewsInbox-3-1.png

PaulScholey_NewsInbox-4-2.png

We sufferred a mini slump half way through March, going 2 games withouth finding the back of the net - something that has been unheard of given our form in the league this season. We put that to right's in our next home game however, back at the Coach and Horses ground we recovered from a shaky start to put 3 goals past Guiseley and it could be no one other than Matt Haddrell who scored the goal to clinch the title.

SheffieldFC_FixturesSchedule-2-4.png

16 points required from the final 18 to break the 100 point barrier - it is a very big ask, but not impossible..............

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages-2-3.png

Bloody hell this career has really been quite easy for you so far. Totally dominant despite coming from 2 consecutive promotions, that is really impressive. It's sort of less interesting this way, can't you lose a match or two once in a while? :D

Archived