My Greatest Challenge: Knocking Fergie Right Off His ****ing Perch. And You Can Print That

AK22

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XDlbr0r.png

Newcastle United - Dec, Jan & Feb 2044/45

December got underway with a very narrow defeat to Arsenal; disappointing, but still a solid effort against a very good team. Unfortunately, I think we've now lost too many games to keep us in the race for Champions League qualification, as even though we have a game in hand on the teams above us, I think it's going to be difficult to keep pace with them over the closing weeks of the season. That said, we're still very much in with a shout of a top six finish, which should guarantee us Europa League action next year, despite an absolute mauling against Huddersfield; thankfully, that result wasn't enough to completely disrupt our momentum.

In addition to improvements made to the training and youth facilities, the winter period also saw me mark the 1500th game of my career. And we celebrated it in style too, beating Walsall 5-1 in our FA Cup Third Round tie. In fact, we're making excellent progress in the competition this year, having knocked out Liverpool and Norwich in the following rounds (courtesy of replays); Quarter Finals here we come!

Ballon d'Or Winner - Marco Haushahn (that's two in a row for my former-Dortmund player)

JoQuZJy.png?1

k3CtmjO.png?1

UhcPzN7.png?1

L1WZJSh.png?1

UVnlBVl.png?1

Next Time

We'll face Spurs in our FA Cup Quarter Final. It's a tough draw, but at least its at St. James' Park, so, you never know, we may get lucky; anything can happen in cup football! Our remaining Premier League games will also need our full attention if we're to secure the top six finish we're aiming for. It's a tricky run-in for us, with fixtures against Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H) and Man Utd (A) all lined up in our final few weeks.

Imprresive start, building a bit of a fortress at St James's

We've been pretty strong at home this season. Well, we were, until blinking Cardiff beat us!!

Excellent year so far, good chance of Europe this time.

Most definitely. I'd be most disappointed if we miss out now.

Excellent career!

How much time do you think you need to knock Fergie? :D

Thanks Aaron! A lot of time! :D I'd say at least another ten seasons, if not more.

Good progress with Newcastle but a lot more needed to catch Jose up.

I'm going to keep on going, though. Should have caught him just in time for FM15 :D

Just read through the career Ak22 going well so far, do you think you will make it before Fm14?

I would say it's extremely unlikely! It's only five weeks away, and I'm still miles behind.

Great thread! Are you going to do the same in FM14 too?

Possibly. I'm probably not going to get FM14 on release (for the first time ever), and will continue with this save. Once I've finally caught Jose, I'll reevaluate, and then decide if I'm going to purchase FM14 and what type of career to undertake - I have a few ideas already if I do :)

XDlbr0r.png

Newcastle United - March, April & May 2045

Phew! That was a lot closer than I would have liked. On paper, our last ten league fixtures did not look particularly easy, and it was always likely that we would drop points against Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd, but the shaky performances against Wolves, Reading and Mansfield made the task of qualifying for Europe a lot harder than it should have been given our position at the end of February.

I suppose we ran out of steam as we moved through the spring, with the squad being stretched somewhat by a handful of unneeded injuries. The pressure of expectation was also a contributing factor to our dip, as I believe the team often struggled to control their nerves, losing the plot in several games. Thankfully, we just about managed to regroup before our final fixture, putting in a professional display to see off West Brom and secure our top six finish by a solitary point.

LleiSUM.png?1

Qz4nxhE.png?1

r6DABGo.png?1

q42CcDl.png?1

Great career so far AK. Fantastic to hear that your going to finish it as its been great.

What ideas do you have if you do end up getting FM14?

Probably one of two things. I'll either do my usual journeyman, or it will be a one-club career, taking a bottom tier team from an obscure nation. Eastern Europe seems appealing at the moment, but this may change if/when I get FM14.

I'm quite happy to see you in a nice, traditional and non-hated team. :D

Cheers,

Bitner

Thanks Bitner. I'm pleased that you're happy now :D

I wonder if he exported the Dortmund team..I'd love to play him as my (current) Chelsea side from my thread.

I hope he did as well, it would be nice to have a bit of a tournament going. I've had a head to head with b101, am planning one with elbilly and if anyone else can join in (though we haven't really scheduled it) it would be great.

XDlbr0r.png

Newcastle - End of Season 2044/45

I'm pleased that we built on the success of last season, maintaining a top half position, and eventually qualifying for the Europa League! That said, it will be difficult to push on further and challenge to the top five, as European action will place quite a strain on the squad; major reinforcements will be needed over the summer. Still, for now, every at the club is more than chuffed, and its safe to say we've had another season of over-achievement.

Hc25B0S.png?1

8vr37I3.png?1

TdqMiHx.png?1

There's a bit of money in the coffers, which should be topped up nicely with our Europa League revenue.

Premier League - 6th

FA Cup - 6th Round

Capital One Cup - 3rd Round

Finances | Transfer Summary

Top Goalscorer - Mateo Gómez (17 goals)

Most Assists - Zdenek Martin (17 assists)

Highest Average Rating - Billy O'Driscoll (7.79)

Fans Player of the Year - Zdenek Martin

epeCbjX.png?1

I'm pleased to say that we've not quite been so heavily reliant on Zdenek Martin this season, with other members of the squad making solid contributions. That said, he's still our best player, and the first name on the team sheet, but I've been more than impressed by the performances of new signings Sergiy Ivanov and Mateo Gómez; they've both had excellent debut seasons in the Premier League. Another pleasing piece of business was the capture of Billy O'Driscoll on loan from Manchester City in the January transfer window, who came straight into the starting eleven and really helped to improve our defensive unit. If possible, I'll be looking to make him a permanent signing, although he won't come cheaply.

qtzcmXo.png?1

Good work making Europe.

Thanks! I wasn't overly pleased that it went to the final day, though.

It's a shame to see the same old teams top of the EPL in 2045 - but I fear that's how reality will go.

Excellent work on making Europe. :thup:

Yeah, I suppose success breeds success. Spurs are the team to beat, at the moment.

Whew- finally caught up on this after last commenting in January! It's been some journey, and that Dortmund team would have been a match for anyone.

That's some serious reading! :D It's a good job I don't play that quickly!

I wonder if he exported the Dortmund team..I'd love to play him as my (current) Chelsea side from my thread.
I hope he did as well, it would be nice to have a bit of a tournament going. I've had a head to head with b101, am planning one with elbilly and if anyone else can join in (though we haven't really scheduled it) it would be great.

Yep, I exported my Dortmund side in 2034, 2036, 2038 and 2039. I don't really know how the head-to-head thing works, though, but happy to be enlightened :thup:

Well done qualifying for Europe.

And well done to Mansfield for surviving.

Thanks Nobby! They only just survived, though, on goal difference :D

Fergie/José Watch

Another trophy-less season for me:

QEtSIIE.png?1

Thankfully, no-one else near me won anything either, so the top seven remain unchanged. Nothing for José or Fergie to worry about yet.

du2LhnU.jpg?1

dGWrvoP.jpg?1

Season     Team              League                     Finish    Cups                             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    4th       Cupen 1st Round
2014       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    2nd       Cupen 2nd Round
2014/15    Taranto FC 1927   2nd Divisione Girone A     4th       N/A
2015/16    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     6th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro SF
2016/17    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     4th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro 2nd Round
2017/18    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     N/A*      * Resigned 14/12/17
          Tigre             Primera B Nacional         11th      Sacked 26/05/18
2018/19    S. Urfaspor       1. Lig                     1st       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2019/20    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  8th       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2020/21    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  N/A*      * Resigned 12/01/21
          Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup SF
2021/22    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish FA Cup Winner, Scottish League Cup QF
2022/23    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup QF
2023/24    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup 4R, CL 1st KO
2024       Toronto           MLS                        8th       N/A
2025       Toronto           MLS                        N/A       * Resigned 16/03/25
2024/25    Betis             La Liga                    11th      N/A
2025/26    Betis             La Liga                    4th       Copa del Rey 4th Round
2026/27    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League Last 16, Copa del Rey 5th Round
2027/28    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Europa League Winner, Copa del Rey Winner
2028/29    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League QF, Copa del Rey QF
2029/30    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League SF, Copa del Rey SF
2030/31    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 7th       N/A
2031/32    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal 2nd Round
2032/33    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner
2033/34    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner, CWC Winner, German SC
2034/35    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League 1st KO, DFB Pokal Winner, Euro SC, German SC
2035/36    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2036/37    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal Winner, Europa League Runner-Up, CWC Winner, Euro SC
2037/38    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2038/39    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 3rd Rd, CWC Winner
2040       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                3rd       Paulistão Quarter Final, Copa do Brasil 4th Round
2041       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                1st       Paulistão Winner, Copa do Brasil Quarter Final
2042       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                1st       Paulistão Runner-Up, Copa do Brasil Runner-Up
2042/43    Newcastle         Championship               2nd*      * Only final seven games    
2043/44    Newcastle         Premier League             7th       FA Cup 5th Round, Capital One Cup 2nd Round
2044/45    Newcastle          Premier League            6th       FA Cup 6th Round, Capital One Cup 3rd Round

XDlbr0r.png

Newcastle United - Pre-Season 2045/46

For the first time since 2032/33 they'll be European action at St. James' Park this year, and I'm keen to put on a decent show in the Europa League without it being detrimental to our league performance. I'm not convinced we'll match our 6th place finish of last season, but I'm confident we'll be on the fringes of the European qualification places again. The board tend to agree, asking for a top half finish; this brings a £9m transfer budget, with wages set at £850k per week (currently spending £731k).

K7YcyWx.png?1

Our title odds have dropped slighted, now at 25-1, but realistically I don't think we have a chance (Spurs are 7-4 favourites). More likely, we'll match the media's prediction of 8th place. In other news, I've received a very enticing offer from Italian champions, Juventus. With an excellent squad, and a £33m transfer budget, it was certainly enough to make me look twice. However, for now, I'm committed to taking my Newcastle team into Europe.

L2grnzb.png?1

Lots of transfer activity again this summer, but all of it needed to ensure we have the reinforcements in the squad for our European campaign. I'm extremely pleased with the business done too, with at least half of dozen of the new signings promising to be improvements on what we already have. Of course, it's going to be a juggling act to keep everybody happy, and much will still depend on the form of Martin and Gómez, but I'm excited at the prospects of the season ahead.

Federico Panfili - A hugely promising centre-back who'll get his chance in the first team straightaway.

Sani Azeez - Will be our first choice right back; a very good piece of business by our African scouts.

Sacha Bernardi - Another promising signing.

Leon Zwikker - Might not be first choice, but not bad for a free signing.

Raúl Miranda - He comes with good international pedigree, and will be a threat down the left side.

José Maria Altuna - Recruited from the second tier of Spanish football; another youngster with promise.

Billy O'Driscoll - I knew he wouldn't be cheap, but I had to re-sign the defender that we had on loan last year. He's a rock.

Michel de Jong - May be past his prime, but his experience should be a valuable asset.

Jaroslav Lukes - We met his release clause to bring this Czech midfielder to the North-East.

XDlbr0r.png

Newcastle United - Aug, Sep, Oct and Nov 2045

Oh dear, what a shambles; everything that could have gone wrong, has :(. Firstly, our Europa League qualification didn't go to plan, losing out to Ukrainian side, Volyn, on away goals. They finished fifth in their respective division, with a squad of distinctively average players, and shouldn't have posed the problems they did. Well, to be honest, they didn't really pose any problems, as we bossed both games, but due to our lackluster finishing, they lucked their way through to the group stages.

As bad as that was, we've been worse domestically, with our shaky start leaving us perilously close to the relegation zone. That said, the fixture computer did us no favours, handing horrendously difficult opening games against Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal to start our season off. It's no real surprise that we came away from these games empty handed, but, this coupled with the Europa League debacle, meant that heads started to drop and morale in the squad plummeted.

A thrilling Capital One Cup victory over Norwich turned the tide somewhat, and on the back of this we went on the rack up four consecutive league victories. However, since then, we've contrived to implode again, firstly being knocked out on penalties by Hereford in the League Cup, before another win-less run in the league against teams we were beating last season.

45FwUyd.png?1

CaihLwy.png?1

VUmo56h.png?1

Next Time

It's obvious that there's currently trouble at t'mill, and we really need to get our acts together to move up the table and away from the danger zone. I can't really put my finger on why it's gone so wrong, but it's obvious we need to improve our goal-scoring record; ten goals in thirteen league games is nowhere near good enough. I'm certain we're just underachieving this year, which is looking even more dramatic when compared to the past two season's successes, but are we really too good to go down? The results from the next three games will certainly help to determine this - we play Derby (H), Norwich (A) and Middlesbrough (H).

Surely things will improve.

Most probably, but I'm off. Despite winning our next game against Derby, I sent in applications to three vacant job position in order to find myself an exit strategy out of St. James' Park.

hRHhq8G.png?1

zz4F3AO.png?1

6ib6woI.png?1

HkpIKQO.png?1

Ironically, my 1000th day in charge at Newcastle will also be my last.

kHeMsWo.png?1

Yep, I exported my Dortmund side in 2034, 2036, 2038 and 2039. I don't really know how the head-to-head thing works, though, but happy to be enlightened :thup:

I've just sent a PM to elbilly and the two of you (or at least tried to, but Lenzar your inbox is full) and hopefully we can sort something out very soon, as it should be fun.

The smart money says Real, but you're still a long way off the top spot, so you should probably go somewhere you'll enjoy rather than clamouring for points at this stage.

Just looking at the HoF - I thought you were a lot closer, but 2000 points? Ouch. Looks like the AI has been busy extending the gap. That's 10 World Cups worth of points you need, which should only take you forty game years. Easy.

Or another way to look at it, he needs 6 league titles and 4 cups to match Jose's haul. I imagine those would have to be top-reputation leagues and cups to accumulate enough points to approach Jose.

By numbers yeah looks like you're right. The Hall of Fame points are a bit of a mystery though - if nothing's changed, I think the World Cup nets you 200, and I think (could be wrong) the CL is 120. I don't see how they've calculated Jose's score as that high when you only need 6 more leagues and 4 cups. Maybe the CL is more than I think it is.

AN493Cx.png

Olympique de Marseille

With such good offers on the table, and with the mediocrity of the season with Newcastle so far, it seemed the perfect opportunity to jump ship to pastures news. Of course, the goal of this career is to reach the top of the hall of fame, and with this in mind it was important to take a job with a club with the potential to win trophies. The 'easy' option would have been Real Madrid, as I've no doubt that success would have followed almost immediately, however, I still need to have some kind of challenge, something that Marseille offered more than Madrid. I've only signed on until the end of the current season, but I'd like to think I'll be here slightly longer than that if all goes well.

One of the main fixtures of French football, l'OM were formed back in 1899 as an omnisport club who's major focus was rugby union. However, due to the influence of the English and Germans, football began to become more prominent in 1902, and quickly took the mantle as the biggest club in the city. The team continued to grow over the next couple of decades, before announcing itself as a major force in the mid 1920's by winning three Coupe de France trophies, in addition to it's first French championship in 1929. Further success followed in the 1930's and 1940's before a period of decline in the 1950's, which saw the club relegated to the second tier.

Having recovered from a spell in Ligue 2, Marseille went on to further periods of success through the 1970's and 1980's, lifting the league title in 1971, 1972, 1989 and 1990, although, arguably, their finest moment came in 1993 when the club became the first French team to lift the European Cup. This triumph, however, was immediately followed in 1994 by a match fixing scandal, which inflected enforced relegation and saw the club stripped of it's 1993 Ligue 1 title. In more recent years, the club has become the bridesmaids of French football, often playing second fiddle to the dominant sides of Lyon (2000's) and PSG (2013 onwards), winning just one league title since the controversy of the early nineties (although there has been a couple of Europa League final appearances).

To5MGnU.png?2

Naturally, as one of France's major players, they have rivalries with several other teams. Locally, the 'Sud Derby' against Nice provides an intense rivalry, as do the games against Lyon and Montpellier, although it the matches against PSG that often provide the fiercest battles. Le Classique is modeled on the Spanish El Clásico, and has a historical, cultural and social importance that makes it more than just a football game; it's North vs South.

The club still plays it's home matches at Stade Vélodrome, a stadium they have called home since 1960. Boasting a capacity of 67000, it certainly still meets the needs of it's expectant fan base.

IreoUQ8.jpg?1

Club Overview | General Club Information | Facilities | Club Background | Finances | Ligue 1 (as it stands)

With over half of the season remaining, it's very much conceivable that we can still achieve the Champions League qualification that the board demand. That said, it won't be easy, as teams such as Lille and Rennes are well placed to mount a serious challenge (only the top three qualify), but we're a pretty decent side and I'd be very disappointed if we couldn't close a four point gap.

A few very good options there.
Er... bit of a nasty time at the start of the season. I reckon a trip to Marseilles would be good, don't believe you have been to France yet.
I've just sent a PM to elbilly and the two of you (or at least tried to, but Lenzar your inbox is full) and hopefully we can sort something out very soon, as it should be fun.
I imagine Real would allow you to catch Fergie and Jose. ;)
The smart money says Real, but you're still a long way off the top spot, so you should probably go somewhere you'll enjoy rather than clamouring for points at this stage.

Just looking at the HoF - I thought you were a lot closer, but 2000 points? Ouch. Looks like the AI has been busy extending the gap. That's 10 World Cups worth of points you need, which should only take you forty game years. Easy.

Or another way to look at it, he needs 6 league titles and 4 cups to match Jose's haul. I imagine those would have to be top-reputation leagues and cups to accumulate enough points to approach Jose.
By numbers yeah looks like you're right. The Hall of Fame points are a bit of a mystery though - if nothing's changed, I think the World Cup nets you 200, and I think (could be wrong) the CL is 120. I don't see how they've calculated Jose's score as that high when you only need 6 more leagues and 4 cups. Maybe the CL is more than I think it is.
Could be. I imagine the CL is under those "other club trophies"
Could the amount of points relate to the reputation value of the competition?
Generally yes, though I'm not sure if dynamic competition reputation affects the Hall of Fame points awarded.

Thanks for all the comments :thup:

In summary, I'm still miles away from the top of the hall of fame, and with the draw of FM14 looming, I'd like to try and get there as soon as possible. To be honest, I've no real idea on hall of fame points, but, by being one of the top leagues in Europe, I would hope they'll be plenty on offer in France. That said, I'll need to topple PSG first, who have won all but four league titles over the past three decades; talk about dominant!!

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Dec, Jan & Feb 2045/46

We just two games to get through until the winter break, I was keen to get the ball rolling with a couple of positive results before being able to recruit improvements to the squad. And, just about, we did exactly that, although we did need a late equalising goal against relegation-threatened Amiens to secure a draw in my opening fixture as Marseille boss. This was followed by a convincing victory at home to PSG in my first Le Classique; a great way to get the fans on side from the start.

Since then, in the main, results have gone our way, and the goals have flowed; Behrouz Soleimani has become a club legend over recent seasons, and despite his ever increasing age, there seems to be no decline in his goal scoring prowess as he continues to find the net constantly. He's not the only star already at the club, either, with both Ehab Abdel Aziz and Sébastien Durand looking like world class talent too; that's the core of the squad sorted already then!

A handful of new signings joined in January, including English 'keeper Grant Rothwell and full-back Soumbeyla Diallo. However, it's the signing of my faithful assistant manager, Oscar Morelli, that could prove just as important as any on-pitch new recruit; he's a great tactician, with a good eye for talent too, so, in my eyes, he's the perfect right-hand man.

Ballon d'Or Winner - Marco Haushahn (that's now three in a row for him)

zEcZyxV.png?1

R8t3OKk.png?1

IU5VcyP.png?1

Next Time

PSG and Lyon look well clear at the top of the table, so it's apparent that third place is probably the best we can expect. That said, finishing in the top three is not guaranteed, as we face stiff competition from the group of teams jostling just behind us; with tough away games forthcoming against Troyes, Châteauroux, PSG and Monaco, we'll need to show our class to finish ahead of that pack.

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - March, April & May 2046

We did exactly what was needed, and secured the third and final Champions League qualification spot with little trouble. In fact, I've been extremely pleased with what I've seen, and am starting to feel confident that we'll be able to challenge for the title next season, especially if we can keep Soleimani in the goals. Disappointingly, we lost to PSG, but this was just a small blip in what has been a very good few months in South France.

Naturally, I would have liked to have gone further in the Coupe de France, and we really should have too, as the defeat to Le Harve was quite the cupset with them being a second tier side. What makes this even more disappointing is the fact that if we had beaten them, we really would have had a huge sniff at a major trophy, as Valenciennes, Lille and Guingamp were the other three teams that made up the semi-finals; definitely a missed opportunity there.

E9pJfLC.png?2

tZW29DZ.png?1

Q0Bo3uy.png?1

EveHFxr.png?1

inmmcIh.png?1

In other news, I've agreed a year extension to my contract. This only takes me up to the end of next season; ideally, I would have wanted longer, but the chairman was insistent that a one year was all he was prepared to offer. I'm only one of the most successful managers ever, so I agree it must be a huge risk to offer anything longer...

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - End of Season 2045/46

I've pretty much achieved everything that I set out to achieve on my arrival in Marseille. Qualification for the Champions League is a must for a club of this stature, and I'm satisfied that it came with very few problems along the way. As far as I'm concerned now, that's the easy job done, and all efforts must now be placed into making this a league winning side; considering how dominant PSG are, it certainly won't be handed to us on a plate.

JmEcceM.png?1

v50WTjy.png?1

The balance sheet isn't looking overly healthy at the moment, although next year's Champions League revenue will help. I'll also need to have a thrifty summer in the transfer window too.

Ligue 1 - 3rd

Coupe de Ligue - Quarter Final (exited prior to my arrival)

Coupe de France - Quarter Final

Top Goalscorer - Behrouz Soleimani (32 goals)

Most Assists - Ehab Abdel Aziz (15 assists)

Highest Average Rating - Sébastien Durand (7.73)

Fans Player of the Year - Behrouz Soleimani

Yss6uNd.png?1

There's no doubt in my mind that Soleimani, Abdel Aziz and Durand are all world-class individuals, capable of forming an envious spine to any team, however, I'm also extremely clear that there are several areas needed for improvement too. In particular, we look fairly weak in the full back positions, as well as our central midfield lacking at least a couple of quality players; a holding anchor man will be top of my summer shopping list, as will as decent back-up striker who can keep Soleimani on his toes.

eFeFrbS.png?1

wm6rw5W.png?1

Y3IIWGI.png?1

4L5Z54N.png?1

RvMxOCx.png?1

Fergie/José Watch

This highlights exactly why I needed to jump ship from Newcastle:

elQgLoG.png?1

I'm now down to seventh place, and seem to be losing ground (even though that isn't possible now they have both retired).

nQwTIk7.jpg?1

GoXoT8u.jpg?1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    4th       Cupen 1st Round
2014       FK Vidar          Oddsenligaen Avdeling 3    2nd       Cupen 2nd Round
2015/16    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     6th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro SF
2016/17    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     4th       TIM Cup 1st QR, Coppa Italia Lega Pro 2nd Round
2017/18    Taranto FC 1927   1st Divisione Girone B     N/A*      * Resigned 14/12/17
2018/19    S. Urfaspor       1. Lig                     1st       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2019/20    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  8th       Türkiye Kupasi 2nd QR
2020/21    S. Urfaspor       Süper Lig                  N/A*      * Resigned 12/01/21
          Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup SF
2021/22    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    2nd       Scottish FA Cup Winner, Scottish League Cup QF
2022/23    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup QF
2023/24    Rangers           Scottish Premier League    1st       Scottish League Cup Winner, Scottish FA Cup 4R, CL 1st KO
2025       Toronto           MLS                        N/A       * Resigned 16/03/25
2025/26    Betis             La Liga                    4th       Copa del Rey 4th Round
2026/27    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League Last 16, Copa del Rey 5th Round
2027/28    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Europa League Winner, Copa del Rey Winner
2028/29    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League QF, Copa del Rey QF
2029/30    Betis             La Liga                    3rd       Champions League SF, Copa del Rey SF
2031/32    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal 2nd Round
2032/33    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner
2033/34    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal Winner, CWC Winner, German SC
2034/35    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League 1st KO, DFB Pokal Winner, Euro SC, German SC
2035/36    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2036/37    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 2nd       DFB Pokal Winner, Europa League Runner-Up, CWC Winner, Euro SC
2037/38    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 2nd Rd, German SC
2038/39    Dortmund          Bundesliga                 1st       Champions League Winner, DFB Pokal 3rd Rd, CWC Winner
2040       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                3rd       Paulistão Quarter Final, Copa do Brasil 4th Round
2041       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                1st       Paulistão Winner, Copa do Brasil Quarter Final
2042       Palmeiras         Brasileirão                1st       Paulistão Runner-Up, Copa do Brasil Runner-Up
2042/43    Newcastle         Championship               2nd*      * Only final seven games    
2043/44    Newcastle         Premier League             7th       FA Cup 5th Round, Capital One Cup 2nd Round
2044/45    Newcastle         Premier League             6th       FA Cup 6th Round, Capital One Cup 3rd Round
2045/46    Newcastle         Premier League             N/A       * Resigned 09/12/46
          Marseille         Ligue 1                    3rd       Coupe de France Quarter Final

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Pre-Season 2046/47

I'm looking towards my first full season in France with optimism that we'll be a force to be reckoned with. The Board are again expecting Champions League qualification, something that should be achievable if we can maintain the end of season form from last year. This serves up a transfer budget of £12.98m, with a weekly wage budget of £1.31m (currently spending £1.1m per week); this isn't too shabby, but I would have liked a little bit more.

K0J5RxJ.png?1

We're third favourites for the title at 6-1, with PSG as strong favourites at 2-1 (Lyon are 5-1). This is also matched with a media prediction of a third place finish, so all the stars are aligned for a top three spot; I'd like to do a little bit better, though, if we can.

M26yVKH.png?1

All in all, I'm a tad disappointed by what we've been able to do in the summer transfer window. Realistically, of all the new signings, only three are likely to be features of the first team, with the rest all being promising youngsters who's time may come in the future. Also, we've not been able to strengthen in the areas highlighted at the end of last season, with us unable to track down a holding midfielder or the full backs needed to add major improvements to the existing squad. That said, Matteo Misin looks an absolute steal, and will give us another real attacking threat; I'm just not sure how I get him and Soleimani in the team together yet.

Johannes Wagner - Released from Dortmund, this youngster has been reunited with his former boss.

Matteo Misin - I can't believe Roma let him go; he has 'goal machine' written all over him!

Julián - Formerly with me at Betis, he's been brought in to provide cover to Rothwell in goal.

Norbert Lovas - Already a full Hungarian international, he's got a bit potential that we'd like to develop.

Jorge Fernández - £10m may have been a bit much, but his versatility should be a major asset.

Dennis Gradient - We needed some cover at centre-back; he's not amazing, but the best we could find.

Jacopo Mussi - Another youngster with a bit of promise.

Cris - His arrival was organised by my predecessor, but he might turn out to be half decent.

Off the pitch, it's all going on, as the current owner is looking to sell up. I'd love a bit of investment from a wealthy tycoon, but, alas, a consortium seem to be the favourites.

IGOuWV4.png?1

s7vX2an.png?2

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Aug, Sep, Oct & Nov 2046/47

It's not been a bad start to the new campaign, and I'm pleased that we're already right in contention to challenge for the title and the Champions League places. That said, it's apparent that we do have a bit of a soft underbelly at times, as the defeats to Le Harve and Toulouse show; some of the players do tend to switch off in these types of games, which is something that needs rectifying before long. It was also disappointing to lose to PSG in Le Classique, as the fans really dislike losing to their rivals. Thankfully for us, though, PSG haven't made the barnstorming start that they usually do, having dropped points in five games already; at this rate, we'll be in for an excitingly competitive season.

As promising as our league season has been so far, it's with regret that I have to report that we are already out of the Champions League with a game left to play. Unfortunately, due to the club's poor previous European performances, we were placed in the third seeds pot, which meant being drawn with Gladbach and Fenerbahçe; definitely not the two best teams from their respective pots, but two teams that have proven their quality in the games they have played against us. Europa League here we come!

Kk9KVrM.png?2

Tz0a12f.png?2

17UWTAO.png?1

j4t1dnU.png?1

Next Time

There's a dead-rubber against Strømsgodset to play in the Champions League, before we find out our fate in the Europa League knockout rounds draw. I'd also like to see an end to the takeover saga, which is still rumbling on with little signs of a conclusion.

yrSPcXo.png?1

IGeuMIT.png?1

qgNQbDy.png?1

Did you enjoy being reunited with your Dortmund team again yesterday?

Yeah, I think so. It was a bit weird going back to a group of players that I had almost forgotten, and couldn't quite recollect how to get the best out of them. Also, they didn't seem quite as formidable as I had remembered :D

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - Dec, Jan & Feb 2046/47

Everything seems quite unpredictable at the moment, with performances ranging from one end of the scale to the other, but, somehow, we find ourselves top of Ligue 1; PSG do have a game in hand, which would see them overtake us on goal different if they were to win, though. There's been plenty of goals recently too, with a record breaking hammering of Montpellier being the stand out performance, although the fantastic win over PSG comes a very close second and really chuffed the fans. We have a lot to thank Matteo Misin for, as he's really hit top form recently, finding the net thirteen times in the ten games played since the winter break; if he continue in this manner, he may well fire us towards the title.

Alas, it's not all good news, with, once again, our performance in Europe casting a huge dark shadow over our season. This time, we saved our worst for Turkish side, Kayseri Erciyesspor, who embarrassed us on their own patch, before putting in a resolute performance in the return leg in France. We really do have a terrible record in European competitions, and at this rate, we're not going to improve our coefficient at all, which will mean at least another season in the third seed's pot.

Ballon d'Or Winner - Marco Haushahn (four in a row!)

GjeiQwI.png?1

JPQGPkr.png?1

jnxNB51.png?1

3oqvK9j.png?1

jMhb9UP.png?1

E9HifZH.png?1

jQNgS3U.png?1

Next Time

There's still no end to the takeover saga, which has now been in discussion for six months; I'd definitely appreciate the new owner being in position before the summer transfer window opens. On the pitch, we've got a reasonably favourable run-in, with matches away to Saint-Etienne and Valenciennes looking the most tricky on paper. That said, with the pressure cranked up a notch, the form book tends to go out the window, so we'll need to remain focused on the task in hand if we're to finish the season as champions; I'm sure the lack of European action will help us no end.

XbF0Ggj.png?2

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - March, April & May 2047

Well, we did it! And in quite some fashion too! I had expected a nervy run-in, with twitchy performances and a few points dropped, but what actually happened was the complete opposite; we were supreme! Look at all those green dots! After the draw against Rennes, we went on to win ten successive games and lift the Ligue 1 trophy; now that's doing it in style!

Of course, with no other competition to distract our attention, I was able to keep the team fresh and raring to go when our league fixtures came around; this was a considerable benefit during the run-in compared to PSG who were still competing in Europe. Another bonus was the huge amount of goals we managed to register during the closing months, with a minimum of three per game becoming the norm. Even though we were outscored across the season by PSG, I think our prolific strike-force should take major credit for our success.

sz52ZSb.png?1

rV4T1S5.png?1

lfPHwkn.png?1

wvOvhqA.png?1

5s6Sjfa.png?1

oThsXao.png?1

ihmvVjR.png?1

In other news, I've agreed another year extension to my contract. I'm started to feel very settled here, so I'm more than happy to stay for a little longer yet. Also, the takeover saga has finally come to an end, with a local businessman taking over the reigns. Of course, there are no plans to provide the club with any investment at this stage...

AN493Cx.png

l'OM - End of Season 2046/47

Champions! And fairly comfortable ones too. It's been a great season, and it needed to be to break the PSG stranglehold too. However, we can't afford to rest on our laurels now, and will need to continue our progress next season, especially in Europe where we've been average at best.

ghNPfJN.png?1

CK0lO0Q.png?1

7eww2WL.png?1

I'm delighted to have won the Manager of the Year award, but there's no doubt that we've been the best team in France this season, so it's well deserved.

Ligue 1 - 1st

Champions League - Group Stage

Europa League - First Knockout Round

Coupe de Ligue - Quarter Final

Coupe de France - Not entered

Top Goalscorer - Matteo Misin (34 goals)

Most Assists - Eric Wouden (17 assists)

Highest Average Rating - Sébastien Durand (7.77)

Fans Player of the Year - Matteo Misin

r7T02gW.png?1

What a signing Matteo Misin has been, topping the scoring charts with 34 goals; I really can't believe Roma let him go on a free transfer. Contrary to the Best Eleven graphic above, he was the main man, ousting Solemaini from his favoured position, and spearheading our attack. He's only 27, and just hitting his peak, so I'm hoping the goals continue to flow over the next couple of years. The rest of the squad have had a strong year too, even though I can't say I'm entirely happy with the squad balance yet; we're definitely still in need of a holding midfielder, as well as doing with some improvement in the wide areas. Also, with Soleimani about to turn 35, we'll need another front man to cover for Misin. PSG are likely to strengthen over the summer, so it's important we don't get left behind.

107P7Tj.png?1

7W5eShQ.png?1

bqtdTKP.png?1

wk6fVZQ.png?1

Fergie/José Watch

At last, another trophy to add to my collection:

v8CNE0q.png?1

So I'm back up to sixth place, and now within sniffing distance of Ancelotti and Klopp.

ZmNboIg.jpg?1

M2jLbeC.jpg?1

2044/45    Newcastle         Premier League             6th       FA Cup 6th Round, Capital One Cup 3rd Round
2045/46    Newcastle         Premier League             N/A       * Resigned 09/12/46
          Marseille         Ligue 1                    3rd       Coupe de France Quarter Final
2046/47    Marseille         Ligue 1                    1st       CL Group Stage, EL 1st KO, Coupe de Ligue QF

what an unreal read. took me weeks to get through that, trying to find time during work etc.

i assume you will continue to play until you reach the top of the managerial list?

looking forward to reading more in due course....

Archived