ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the full release is finally here so i'm going to give this one a go.

I'm going to play in my home country of Belgium :-)

hollidaying now

I can't believe how mad these lower leagues are in Belgium, but i think its cool at the same time, best of luck :) I'm having fun in the Belgium Leagues too.

A warning to anyone thinking of managing in Germany. I've been reloading for hours and have yet to get a promoted team that isn't a reserve squad of a bigger club (Werder Bremen II, Hoffenheim II etc), and they aren't manageable. I'm almost at the point of giving up.

A warning to anyone thinking of managing in Germany. I've been reloading for hours and have yet to get a promoted team that isn't a reserve squad of a bigger club (Werder Bremen II, Hoffenheim II etc), and they aren't manageable. I'm almost at the point of giving up.

it's a bug with the game. I'd give up, you won't find a non reserve side.

I got several other clubs up, but I started this in the BETA, so that might be it. I got, amongst others, Mannheim (that I manage), Kiel, Wuppertal and Trier.

And ElSmurfo, Jambo98 pretty much summed it up! :)

I got several other clubs up, but I started this in the BETA, so that might be it. I got, amongst others, Mannheim (that I manage), Kiel, Wuppertal and Trier.

And ElSmurfo, Jambo98 pretty much summed it up! :)

The first update to the beta ****ed it up.

US_Raon_l%27Etape.png

JoshK Hired to Manage US Raon-l'Étape!

I played fm2012 a little bit but overall I'm a complete noob to football. I really like the idea of building a team of youth guys. Kinda RPG'ish. I know nothing about tactics and hoping to figure enough out to keep a job.

Two of my best players seem to be AM© so maybe I will have to pick a formation based on that.

I had a really nice choice starting in France of As Cannes but I felt like I might have a little bit more understanding from the management at L'USR.

Squad

Facilities

Excited to take part.

Josh

Bonjour. Salut!

brand.gif

26 year old Frenchman Simon Guilmette has given up his day job teaching snotty little 7 year olds and has taken over the reigns as manager of newly promoted Pacy-Vallée d'Eure Football. In a bizarre twist, he has vowed to only utilise his existing squad and youth products as an homage to his former profession.

*Oddly enough, this club doesn't exist anymore. They were dissolved in July and became Pacy Eure Football Club. Not sure why that hasn't been implemented in FM.

Chorley_fc.png

SnakeXe's Career - Season 1 - 2013/14

Story of the Season:

Blue Square North - 18th

A couple of good spells were enough to keep us up, although we were abject for large spells. More consistency will be the name of the game next year.

FA Cup - 3rd Qualifying Round (lost v Ashton Utd (A))

A really disappointing campaign as we went out to a side from outside the playable leagues.

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round (lost v Guiseley (H))

A poor display from a weakened team saw us out in the first round we played.

Squad

I've managed to keep pretty much everyone for next season, albeit mostly on higher wages. We lack quality in defence and creativity in midfield, and our best striker hates my guts, but otherwise it's all hunky dory!

Finances

A mess, for a change.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Kieran Walmsley - DR/MC - Should have done better considering his outrageous dead ball ability, but still one of our more productive players.

4. Andrew Teague - DRC/DM/MC - The rock to which our flimsy defence is shoddily bolted.

3. John Cunliffe - M/AMC/ST - Naturally a striker, he was effective both as Kilheeney's partner and breaking from midfield to support him.

2. Jamie Vermiglio - DM/MC - A solid influence in midfield, a couple of red cards tarnished his otherwise good displays.

1. Ciarán Kilheeney - ST - When he played well, we played well. Really need to get him back onside.

History:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  | League               | Pos  | CL     | EL     | FAC    | LC     | JPT    | FAT    | Notes                  |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2013/14 | Blue Square North    | 18th | -      | -      | 3QR    | -      | -      | 3QR    | -                      |

Next Season:

I really hope to see some progress in terms of cohesive team play and consistent form. If not, then this could be a short save.

*I'm posting this as a career thread in FMCU, any questions check it out here.

evlogo.gif

Excelsior Veldwezelt

Season 8 Review (2020-21)

Season 8 (2020-21)

"You Cannot Win Anything With Kids, Or Without Strikers"

...said some local Belgian Second Division pundit at the start of the season :)

What a season!

The new 5-5-0 formation was an instant hit and good results were handy from the start of the season. However, due to Oostende's fantastic form of their own we were always playing catch-up on top spot. We had whittled their 9 point league lead down to just 4 points by the time we visited them in mid February and it looked like our chance. Sadly a late winner for them in a 5 goal thriller meant they extended their lead back up to 7 points.

Still we never gave up, and with 2 games left to go we finally hit top spot! 2 games to go, 2 points clear! And our final 2 games were at home.....

Penultimate game and we have an early 1-0 lead and looking in control. Then a harsh penalty is awarded against us, my left wingback is handed a 2nd yellow and things unravel... They equalize and during the 2nd half score what ends up being the winner! Oostende win, meaning they have a 1 point lead with 1 game left...

And we both won! 2nd and into the Pro League relegation playoffs for the first time.

The Pro League Relegation playoff is 4 teams, 1 from the Pro League fighting for their life and 3 from Division 2. Each team plays home and away and the winner of the 4 team league gets the last spot in next years Pro League.

6 games within a 17 day span. Pure terror :) One injury will knock a player out for basically the entire playoff.

Our fine form continues on, and 5 wins and a draw see us coast the league!!! Promotion!!!

League Table

Weekly Positions

Pro League Relegation Playoff League

Youth Intake = Decent

Silvio Gielen (YP 8a) - Report is a great need filler. Our current left wing back had no natural successor, but now he does. Played 5 games in the run in / playoffs and performed nicely. Will get plenty of chances due to injuries and suspensions.

Jente Lemmens (YP 8b) - Report. Nice versatility, natural at DM (which I do not use), but accomplished at both DC & MC which is huge for me. Will spend a year or two in the u19s training up and learning MC naturally. Will fill in for suspensions etc in the first team.

So close season rolls around, and a day after the usual pats on the back I get this board message.

Under soil heating installation.

No loans or anything, just straight out of the bank balance to put me just over 2.5m in debt....

On my facilities screen it also mention terrace conversion, so we might be a tiny all-seater when finished near the end of the season. This just adds to the stupidity of the boards decision in the 2nd season new stadium, which we only filled once (the final play off game this year, after promotion had already been assured). If we had built now, it would have been all seater, with under soil heating and bigger!!!

Upside is we are ground sharing with Genk for 10 months while the work is done. Their ground is 32k, with 29k seats. Not sure how revenue will be split, but this could be a nice temporary source of income if we get the crowds.

Anyway, plus side is TV money for the year will be 667k, up from the 100k last season in Division 2.

The main news for me was us finally going pro. I can train full time after 8 seasons!

Other news from during the season:

* Board takeover was completed and the new chairman did this.. New Loan. So to remove the debt he just added a new loan to our future. Nothing changes, I still lose 50k-100k a month, just a new 25 year loan repayment. Thanks buddy!

* USA international management offer. Turned down :)

What I really now need is money. Finally pro, but my training facilities are woeful. Fairly basic in fact and youth facilities are still minimal.

These need to improve and hopefully our first year in the top tier will help get us out of the deep red hole we are now in.

The huge upside is the payoff we are now getting from pushing the 16 year olds straight into the deep end initially. My first choice 11 now include 8 YP's, 1 other youth that was initially overlooked and 2 older original players.

The past couple of intakes are now allowed a season or two either in my u19s or out on loan at Division 3 clubs (with the exception of 7a and 8a who both got first team action).

Season 9 Targets

#1 - Survival

#2 - Finally tactical consistency

#3 - Continue to develop youths

Cambridgecityfc.png

ElSmurfo - Cambridge City F. C. - Blue Square Bet North - 2013/14

League - Past Positions - Transfers - Squad (minus a few already gone) - Finances

After the disappointment of Whitehawk (my first save where I've been fired in years!) Cambridge have been a much more enjoyable experience. We had a great start to the season, but really struggled over November/December. A couple of cup runs, some replays, and a busy league calendar meant we played 17 games over two months (a couple going to penalties) - absolute torture for a squad with only 22 players! A few injuries knocked us around as well, but fortunately with the New Year and the fixture silliness behind us we had a decent finish to the season. In the end we weren't really troubled by the relegation battle, and finished 15 points clear of the drop.

Amazingly, despite a steady decline in funds over the course of the season, and averaging just 500 attendees per game, my Board decided to build a new stadium at the end of the year - with an $8m price tag! Would have much preferred a youth academy :) I have no idea how we'll cope with the loan repayments this year. I don't think promotion (which is probably off the table) would even really help. We shall see.

Youth Intake

Not a bad youth intake for such poor facilities and reputation. Really just happy to have some extra players! None are rated by my staff as anything more than 'leading Blue Square North', but my staff have pretty atrocious stats themselves so hopefully a few of these players will come up with me a few divisions. Five had the honour of receiving a YP tag for having 5-star potential at the time of the intake:

Glen Coker (YP1a) - As we were carrying some injuries he came straight into the starting line-up and did well over the last nine games for the season. He fits nicely into my structure.

Graham Skinner (YP1b) - A big centre back with midfield potential, who impressed in a couple of games at the end of the season. Should go straight into the squad next year.

Danny Milton (YP1c) - Another centre back, with great influence. Won't play next season, as he is behind Skinner and my other star central defender. Might get reasonable bench-time.

Stefan Salmon (YP1d) - Promising right back, will allow me to push my star central defender into his preferred position. Should get decent game time next year.

David Threlfall (YP1e) - Can you guess what my head of youth development's favoured training is? Another decent defender, but will struggle for game time. Will try to loan him out.

Next Season

1. Upper mid-table finish (challenging for play-off spots would be a dream run)

2. Don't be bankrupt :(

3. Trial by fire for a few of my youthies.

Season	 League	  	  	 Position	FA Cup	League Cup    JP Trophy    FA Trophy    Europe    Achievments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14	 Blue Square Bet North   16th		1st Rd	N/A	      N/A 	   3rd Qual	N/A	  Survived!

Congrats on the promotion Braumiler:thup: Loving the 550 formation. I love unusual shapes, why i am still going asymetric, even in the lower reaches of portugese football! Also playing defensively for the first time just about ever in FM and quite enjoying it!

Good solid start there ElSmurfo. Finances and board decisions are definaetly still a bit off in this version. Making it almost impossible to turn a profit!

Congrats Braumiller, great stuff! So strange to see a formation without strikers, but it's obviously working! Hopefully promotion and the stadium upgrades will help secure financial stability :thup:

Aye. Formations are just starting positions in my opinion. While we have no strikers, once we have possession I have 2 of my AMCs immediately pushing up to the defence due to high mentalities (plus the defenses tend to push up due to no FCs), both wing backs push up to offer wide outlets, my playmaker sits in the hole and both MCs offer recycle passes.

Once we have moved the ball about, I have 4 pushing against their defense, 3 probing and their line is high. One nice through ball and chances are there to be had.

Looking forward to trying it out with better quality sides against better quality opponents with my home town team, Leicester. The start of that career game has to wait though, we have priorities in Belgium first :D

Nice solid starts ElSmurfo and SnakeXe.

Good platforms to build on and new blood to bring through :thup:

SC Salgueiros 08

LOGOSCS081600.jpg

Season 2 - 2014/15

Final position - Portugese 2nd division south -1st!!!

League Table

Past positions

Overview

Well that wasnt in the script............We started the season with YP01a and YP02b coming right into the first team line up, otherwise we were looking at the same tram which laboured to mid table last season. Late in pre-season made a decision that the 39yr old Quim was really to slow to start, and my converted winger back up took his place. We started reasonably, and after 5 games we found ourselfs top of the league, which was a pleasant surprise.......THen we just kept winning and picking up results. The odd defeat kept us from running away, but we were never headed. With 2 games to go we led by 4pts. Of course we had to do it the hard way, losing the penultimate game away from home, but we won the last game 3 v 1 to clinch promotion :eek:

We also went into a wierd "second phase", which seemed to be to declare the overall win of second division (we were in a mini league of 3 with the winners of the north and south leagues). We finished second, but it made no difference. We were promoted!

Financially we continued to somehow lose money......The board announced just after the end of the season that we had been denied planning permission for a new stadium, which given the financial implications was no bad thing.....

Best players

Norinho - Took the place of Quim upfront as our main striker, and ended up top scorer. Not a great finisher, but no one ready to push him yet so will keep his place up top.

Pinheiro - Real veteran playmaker whose stats are declining badly with age, but he still did a great job in the AMC spot and created a few for us.

Couto - Had a new partner at the back in YP01a, and he led hi along nicely. Stayed solid as our defensive record was equal best in the division.

Youth intake

Another excellent intake if you take it on face value of star rating, but looking beyond that, the attributes dont look to back up the ass man's optimism.....none the less, good spread of positions and 2 more YP:

YP02a - Paulo Carvalho - We needed a striker and this lad looks like he can finish and is decent physically. Lack of mental stats a bit of a worry but he will come right in as our second choice striker as Quim has retired.

YP02b - Cley- Usefull looking left back who also might come in and rotate with our first choice for a few games this year

Youth update

YP01a - Anselmo Boissy - Came right in as first choice centre back and was almost ever present. Started to develop nicely, faces a big step up in classs now but will remain first choice

YP01b - Ruben Chastre - Also came in as first choice DM and didnt let me down. More development needed and will get the chance to keep his place and establish himself as a mainstay.

Transfers - Clean as a whistle.......

Next season aims

Survive, survive, survive........

Good luck in France, Impale.

Decent first season there, SnakeXe. Any youngsters who might make it?

Congrats on the promotion, Braumiller. And also on going pro!

Great season there, Jambo98! Youth intake seems good if your ass man is to be trusted.

Damn, think I'm losing João Paulo on free this summer. He demands an insane wage and I can't give it. For now he is on £3.1K p/w and the highest I can go is £6k p/w. His demands are £30k p/w! His contract is up this summer so I guess I'm losing him. He's gonna keep his YP-tag though and I'm gonna follow his career no matter.

XaW - that is a real shame - greedy little so and so! Has he played for the national team?

Nope, nothing like that, so I dunno how he gets his high expectations. Maybe his agent is the greedy <bliiiip>.

Because you guys don't need your transfer budgets (if you have one), do all adjust the budget to make the wages higher?

I usually don't have to do it. Since most of the players who are with you through the seasons are from your own academy they usually have low wage demands. The exception from the rule is in the other quote here.

URNamur.png

Season 1 | Union Royale Namur | Belgium Third Division A | 2013/2014

League Table | Team Stats | Transfers Proof

The Belgium leagues are very funny leagues indeed and promotion from the Third Division A/B is easier said than done! Unfortunately we didn't even manage a play-off position despite coming 4th place, due to 5th placed Hoogstraten's amazing first 3rd of the season, which saw them awarded with a play-off position early in the season.

Despite the fact that we had 3 teams in the play-offs and 1 team as champions of the division, only the Champions themselves gained promotion due to the 3 play-off teams losing their games to the opposition league teams. Our Champions also let the league down after losing their Champions Play-Off match!

I definately blame our slow start to the season for our failure to push for promotion, but after hitting form in the second half of the season, we came up against the then 3rd placed Liege and this decided our outcome after an end to end thriller which ended 4-3 to Liege. After that failed chance to push for 3rd place, we were resigned to 4th place for the remainder of the season.

In the cup we dominated the first 2 non league teams, then came up against a strong Division 2 side named Cercle Brugge and we were 1-0 down coming up to the 80th minute and on the back foot, but some how the team managed an historic 3 - 1 victory, all 3 goals coming between the 81st and 91st minute! This set up a 6th round match against this season Pro League Champions Group, 3rd placed AA Gent! As you would probably guess, we lost the match, but kept it at a respectable 3-0!

Barcelona In The Making | Opwijk Vs UR Namur | This is the sort of performance I aim to bring week in week out in the future, but it is a very long road for us to take, though I am very confident that we will eventually make it!

Season Summary...

League Position: 4th

Belgium Cup: 6th Round

Best Player: Jessy Reindorf - A brilliant season from this young man, but was pushed all the way by Gilles Lasage. 17 goals and 8 assists is a nice return indeed.

Youth Intake

Youth Intake | YP1A Steve Marchand | YP1B Jonathan Gehin

The first intake for UR Namur has brought through 2 potentially amazing talents, one with the potential to be a good Second League striker and the other with the potential to be a leading Second League Striker! Despite these promising talents, the rest are probably a waste of time, but i've signed up those with potential above 1 stars to bring some backup to the first team players.

Season 2 Objectives

Belgium Third Divison A: Compete for promotion to the Second League.

Belgium Cup: Reach the 5th Round.

Tactics: Find a tactic to provide game time for our 2 young talents, who can also play on the right wing.

Other Objective: Have a player score 20+ goals.

Season      League                     Position    Belgium Cup   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/2014   Belgium Third Division A   4th Place   6th Round     Challenged For Top 4

Logo_of_FC_Avangard_Kursk-1.jpg

Avangard Kursk - Russian First Division - Season 2013-14

League Table

Positions

Summary

A nice solid season saw us safely in 9th position, 13 points clear of relegation. At the winter break it did look as though we had a chance of sneaking a playoff place, however three wins in the last eleven games put paid to that. The defence was joint fourth in the league, but an inability to find the net cost us too many points in my eyes. All in all, quite a satisfying year and one that will hopefully mean that we can safely feed more youngsters into the first team next season.

Top Performers

Vyacheshlav Khorkin - Had a corking (sorry) season, and was the main reason for our relatively solid defensive record. At 28, I'll be looking to him to tutor the younger keepers as they come through.

Pavel Kadushkin - Reliable centre back who is almost unbeatable in the air. Named in the Russian First Division Team of the Year and Fans POTY.

Hovhannes Goaryan - Not the best goals return for a striker, but scored a number of important ones in tight games.

Youth Intake 2012/13

Alexey Yevseev (YP0a) - Pacy striker that needs to work on his finishing but looks very promising. Had an extended run in the team and chipped in with nine goals; also made two appearances for Russia Under-19's, scoring one goal. Currently interesting Premier Division side Terek.

Andrey Sokolovskiy (YP0b) - Solid, brave and determined DM who played two thirds of the season and also opened his account from the penalty spot. Needs to work on some defensive skills, but has the right mental approach to be a very good player.

Pavel Bukharov (YP0c) - Seems an OK keeper, but I'm not convinced. Will need to improve to stay at the club.

Denis Shabanov (YP0d) - Commanding centre back who had a great season with the under-18s. Played one (impressive) game for the first team before a hernia ended his season. Very good prospect in a position that is thin at present.

Youth Intake 2013/14

Sergey Kabaev (YP1a) - Promising young keeper that looks to be ahead of his older rival Bukharov in development already. Hopefully will be Khorkin's long term replacement.

Leonid Bardakov (YP1b) - Not entirely sure I trust my assistant on this; he doesn't look to be anything special at present.

Alexey Gavrilov (YP1c) - I like the look of this right back, and will look to get him games next year at there is no obvious first choice at full back presently.

Alexandr Nikulin (YP1d) - Looks to be a real workhorse; not sure if he will be anything more. Will monitor his development on the under-18's next year.

Marat Akulov (YP1e) - Good mental attributes for a DM, will need to improve his technical skills in what is a crowded position.

Anton Chistyakov (YP1f) - Apparently his best role is CM; will need to improve dramatically in my eyes to stake a claim in the near future.

Evgeny Kulikov (YP1g) - Might make a decent back up striker.

Alexey Kravchenko (YP1h) - Listed best position as DM, but I think will have more success at CB.

Other

Finances - Red is my favourite colour :cool:

Squad - A couple will be leaving at the end of their contract; still should be a deep squad for next year.

Transfers - Kirilenko was already arranged, and will be leaving at the end of the season :D

Aims

1 - Survive the dreaded second season!

2 - Improve points tally

3 - Continue to blood youngsters where possible

Year                Team       Division      Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14        Avangard Kursk     RFD           9th       None   

Fighting the boards (stupid) decisions are the hardest part of being a manager sometimes...... :D

debtj.png

Loans repayments are in fact only 10,500 a month, it is the crippling 2.5m debt that they incurred from the undersoil heating that is running up 10-15k of interest a week that is killing me now. For a loan happy board, they really put us in a bad position with not getting one here!

If it wasn't for the interest we would be looking at a healthy 50+k profit a month this year with increased attendances at our temporary ground share home (getting 8-9,000 attendances, our redeveloped home will hold 6,200).

Our profitable season in the Pro League is looking far from profitable right now.

Damn, think I'm losing João Paulo on free this summer. He demands an insane wage and I can't give it. For now he is on £3.1K p/w and the highest I can go is £6k p/w. His demands are £30k p/w! His contract is up this summer so I guess I'm losing him. He's gonna keep his YP-tag though and I'm gonna follow his career no matter.

Looking to be in the same boat as you XaW :(

Nirmal Hmar (YP 4a) walks away from negotiations even when I max everything. 18 months left on his contract and even though this is spoiler time on my current season, he has won Belgian Pro League Player of the Month for August, September, October & November.... His value has skyrocketed to 1.5m and beginning to think I should think of selling him during January to cash in on him for the long term future of the club....

Urgh, had a similar situation in my FM12 version of this challenge and these decision do not get easier (and yes, I know how silly that sounds :D)

Looking to be in the same boat as you XaW :(

Nirmal Hmar (YP 4a) walks away from negotiations even when I max everything. 18 months left on his contract and even though this is spoiler time on my current season, he has won Belgian Pro League Player of the Month for August, September, October & November.... His value has skyrocketed to 1.5m and beginning to think I should think of selling him during January to cash in on him for the long term future of the club....

Urgh, had a similar situation in my FM12 version of this challenge and these decision do not get easier (and yes, I know how silly that sounds :D)

Yeah, tried to sell him at the start of the season, but no taker. Even told him he needed to lower his demands in order to sign a new contract, but he refused. Oh well, he has been injured most of the season so I think I'll manage without him anyway.

Thats just mad, the fact that you could potentially come 5th if you lose all 3 matches! The chances of that happening are very slim though :D

1 match left now. I'm guaranteed at least play-off. But I want that title!

Congrats on the play-off btw!

Though FM killed my dreams.....again! But lo and behold! The other teams failed as well! I do think I deserve it after losing out on play-off last season on goal difference. Bundesliga here I come! With a bunch of kids!

I would rephrase that and say 'Though FM tried to give me a heart attack.... We provailed through other teams failures! Thanks FM!' :D

Congratulations and best of luck in the big time!

I would rephrase that and say 'Though FM tried to give me a heart attack.... We provailed through other teams failures! Thanks FM!' :D

Congratulations and best of luck in the big time!

:lol: Thanks! Think I'm gonna struggle, but I hope I can survive.

Congratulations on the promotion.

Thanks!

Wow, nice work XaW & TM :thup:

For the Belgians amongst us, please forgive my amusement, but the Belgian Pro League is even more unique and fun in its design than the lower levels.

For the other Belgium based managers in this challenge, here it is laid out.

16 teams, play each other home & away (30 games).

Top 6 teams then play each other home & away in a Championship Group to decide league champions (and european places).

Places 7-14 play in 2 * 4 team groups home & away. Winner of the 2 groups play 2 leg final to decide who plays 4th or 5th in Championship group for final euro spot!

Places 15 & 16 play each other 5 times!! 15th spot starts with 3 points (the 6th game to make it 3 at home, 3 away is defaulted to 15th place as an advantage). Loser of this playoff is relegated. Winner goes into the relegation/promotion playoff against the 3 teams from Division 2.

Talk about keeping things interesting (and terrifying) for everyone!!

I love me some crazy Belgian League football it turns out :D

Going into the last day of the season here right now, and I am on the knife edge between 2 of the three groupings.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Pro_League - for better explanation

Wow, nice work XaW & TM :thup:

For the Belgians amongst us, please forgive my amusement, but the Belgian Pro League is even more unique and fun in its design than the lower levels.

For the other Belgium based managers in this challenge, here it is laid out.

16 teams, play each other home & away (30 games).

Top 6 teams then play each other home & away in a Championship Group to decide league champions (and european places).

Places 7-14 play in 2 * 4 team groups home & away. Winner of the 2 groups play 2 leg final to decide who plays 4th or 5th in Championship group for final euro spot!

Places 15 & 16 play each other 5 times!! 15th spot starts with 3 points (the 6th game to make it 3 at home, 3 away is defaulted to 15th place as an advantage). Loser of this playoff is relegated. Winner goes into the relegation/promotion playoff against the 3 teams from Division 2.

Talk about keeping things interesting (and terrifying) for everyone!!

I love me some crazy Belgian League football it turns out :D

Going into the last day of the season here right now, and I am on the knife edge between 2 of the three groupings.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Pro_League - for better explanation

I hadn't really looked forward above the Third Division's and I thought these were absolutely mad, but that just shows I was SO wrong! :lol: If people want an interesting FM experience, definately come to Belgium, they put on a real show :applause:

Archived