ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

Obviously one is going to be a lot easier than the other- is it suicidal to go for one of the worst teams? I kinda want it to be a little bit of fun!

The small teams have low board expectations which makes them in some ways easier.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

evlogo.gif

Excelsior Veldwezelt

Season 4 Review (2016-17)

Season 4 (2016-17)

Well, this season did not go as planned, certainly in the beginning.

After avoiding any really serious injuries problems over the first 3 seasons, we got hit hard at the start of season 4.

Add to that a decent run in the Belgian Cup (which creates the only midweek fixtures in the season) and we had the double whammy of lack of players and fixture congestion. It was not unusual to be starting with 3 or more players below 80% up until the winter break :(

Win #1 didn't come until the 12th league game.

Finally after the winter break when some of the long term injuries came back and with a change in tactics to a new formation, we began to play more like the season before.

Eventually we finished 11th which was a lot better than it started to look like.

Just before December there was serious concern for my job, and to be honest I thought I was a goner. My December 1st board email stated "the teams overall status improvement being my saving grace" :eek:

League Table

Weekly League Positions

The new stadium opened and as feared its creation was pure folly by the board. A capacity of 6,516 (1,629 seats) and our average attendance was just 1,407.

But on to the big news. After 3 seasons of woeful youth intake, we finally hit gold and found 4 quality youths. I ended up resigning my old Head of Youth Development after my new target for the role wanted wages above what I could offer. He repaid my (forced) faith with 3 youths who are currently believed to be good enough to play in the top tier of the Belgian leagues.

Youth Intake

Nirmal Hmar (YP 4a) - Report (loving his high starting flair)

Souleymane Dieng (YP 4b) - Report

Ruben Baerts (YP 4c) - Report (loving his first touch and future captain material)

Driss Afkir (YP 4d) - Report

Nirmal, Souleymane and Ruben will fit nicely into my new tactic and will all see a lot of action in the coming season. If they are good enough they are old enough.

In fact, Souleymane fills a desperate hole and will be a starter. Nirmal and Ruben will probably alternate in one of my AMC spots.

Driss Afkir will hopefully go out on loan, as my current GK is a key player for me.

This challenge finally feels alive for me :D

Other Screenshots

Finances

Transfers (a lot of the old garbage kids let go!)

Stadium Completion

End of Season Stats

Facilities (Junior Coaching received a huge improvement, now rated as excellent!)

Season 5 Targets

* Integrate my new youths into the first team

* Top half finish

Will try this once I get the game(probably in a month). Any country you guys can reccomend?

It depends what you want.

I'd say as a general guide if you go the bigger nations like Germany or Spain you'll get better youth intakes but the lower leagues can be more competitive. Also those nations have fallen giants you can take over and move up immediately if that's what you want to do, of course the high expectations have their down side if you can't meet them.

The smaller nations like Portugal and Belgium you wont get great youth and you'll have to be patient, but there are more bad teams in the lower leagues and staying alive is a little easier.

Croatia should've become a member on 1 July 2013.

Montenegro's been a candidate country for a while so it looks like they included certain nations to be included in the game after a while.

Ukraine and Turkey are looking to join the future as well.

Just a bit of info for you :)

Yeah, I know how it works in real life, but I like how it's implemented in the game. Brings more realism into it. :)

Unlucky with that season, Braumiller, but finally you got some talented youngsters into your squad. Nirmal Hmar (love the name) looks like he could be gold for you if you can get his passing and creativity increased. Ruben Baerts also seems promising!

I’ve decided to go for a Holland save and as only one team gets promoted, I was kinda stuck with SV Spakenburg!!!

Here’s my Profile

At the moment, the only staff at the club are me and the Chairman so I will post a screenprint of my players and youths when I have hired an Assistant.

We are predicted to finish 18 out of 18 so I am not predicting immediate success. Hopefully, there will be some surprises in store!

I think this team may be a struggle as the average age for my squad is between 28-30, this does include a 41 year old keeper on a youth contract. Another bad point is that all my youth squad are greyed out so no youngsters! I may be beginning to regret this!

Anyway, wish me luck!

Welcome and good luck Hatton90 and Alfsmalf!

XaV, I added that clause to one of my earlier contracts too hoping it would have the same effects you had hoped for. Next renewal neither side wanted the clause. Hoping this will be the same for you to. Any update?

XaV, I added that clause to one of my earlier contracts too hoping it would have the same effects you had hoped for. Next renewal neither side wanted the clause. Hoping this will be the same for you to. Any update?

I've given a couple of new youngsters the chance, but still at 0%. Only one reply in the bug report, but that's from someone else who's having the same issue. I don't think I'll get the boot because of this bug, but it's annoying none the less. Did you experience the same bug as me when you added the clause?

Did you guys offer a scout a HOYD role? because there are very few HOYDs and there are none after unrealistic targets have been filtered.

I guess you might do that if no HOYDs want to join. But I found one through an advertisement.

In other news, I'm facing a takeover. Local businessman is the rumor...

Ok, takeover complete and I've survived. Oh, and thanks to the new chairman, a "local businessman", we now have a bank loan to pay for his expenses during the purchase. Thank you chief! Gosh golly a new loan, just what we needed! :rolleyes:

Edit: And I got approached by a drunken agent. £200M for a 32 year old polish guy seems fair enough. If I would buy players I would certainly do that...

Logo_of_FC_Avangard_Kursk-1.jpg

Avangard Kursk (Russian First Division)

Season 2013 - 2014 Review

Season Summary

My first season ever in this challenge, and I have to say I enjoyed it! At times, anyway....

The main objective was to survive, and that was achieved with two games to go in the campaign which allowed me to give a couple of prospects consecutive matches to end the season. We should have confirmed safety a lot earlier, but a slump in form in the last third of the season nearly cost us.

Position Graph

League Table

Squad

Youth Reports - 2012/13 Intake

Denis Polynskiy (YP0a) - Promising left midfielder who has been part of the first team squad for much of the season. Became youngest ever goalscorer for Kursk when netting in the first league game of the seaon, a 3-4 home defeat against eventually promoted Rotor.

Andrey Nostov (YP0b) - Like Polynskiy has been a bench option this year. First touch is impressive but will need to work on his passing before I feel fully comfortable using him regularly in the centre of midfield.

Alexandr Trubitsyn (YP0c) - Good young centre back who is still in the under-18 squad and captain. May be future captain material for the first team if he can improve on his defensive capabilities.

Alexey Andreev (YP0e) - Like Trubitsyn, Andreev has been left to learn his trade in the youth squad this season. Has a lot to improve on, but the future looks bright in this position.

Youth Reports - 2012/13 Intake

Overview

Bulat Volkov (YP1a) - Another centre back :D Looks to have good physical attributes, but with the possession game we play may need to improve on his technicals. An exciting prospect.

Rinat Chekunov (YP1b) - Finally, a striker! Very pacy which is a great attribute, however I hope he can improve his finishing skills.

Andrey Ryzhkov (YP1c) - Love the aggression, not so sure about the concentration. Right back is currently a spot with little cover, so may be called upon for the first team at points next season.

Alex Boiko (YP1d) - Young keeper whose stats don't impress me as yet. Far too eccentric for me, but will be given a year or two to show progress as the other keepers in the squad are on the older side.

Other Information

Transfers - Kuzmichev was already arranged (for a ridicuous salary), and will be retiring at the end of the season.

Finances - Not great :p

Facilities - We have a good youth structure in place, and with the financial situation I don't see any upgrades in the immediate future.

Confidence - A little disappointing, but I suppose our good start to the season may have raised expectations.

Objectives

- Improve league position

- Try to give some more youths first team minutes

The Tactic Master is back! I will do an official post once my holiday man has done his job, but in the mean time i can reveal i've chosen for the first time in the history of my FM career to do a long term save outside of England, moving to Belgium! Should be very interesting!

(Last years challenge saw me take Chester into the Premiership and finish 7th in the league! Hopefully this time with so much more time than the previous version, I can complete the challenge!)!

The Tactic Master is back! I will do an official post once my holiday man has done his job, but in the mean time i can reveal i've chosen for the first time in the history of my FM career to do a long term save outside of England, moving to Belgium! Should be very interesting!

(Last years challenge saw me take Chester into the Premiership and finish 7th in the league! Hopefully this time with so much more time than the previous version, I can complete the challenge!)!

Good luck TM!

My first three intakes were terrible, but it gets better!

I have been able to consistently improve my Junior Coaching and that seems to be a huge benefit. Makes sense I guess, if you have the best junior coaching around you will have the better per-youths and be in pole position to get them in your youth intake.

Welcome back TM. Belgium is fun :thup: (and fast with smaller leagues and just 1 cup)

Season 5 update to come later tonight hopefully and this challenge has officially turned from a challenge into a full on exciting career now :D

evlogo.gif

Excelsior Veldwezelt

Season 5 Review (2017-18)

Season 5 (2017-18)

After the scare of last year, fans and management alike were hoping that a page would be turned and progress would again be made.

Depending on your definition of success you could argue each side.

While league performs were continually always just below where you would want them to be, it was very pleasing to see the first crop of promising youths take their first steps on their footballing careers.

League Table

Weekly League Positions

The league was again an underwhelming proposition. Just 1 win in our first 6 put us in a bad position and it was a struggle. Just as we got a handle on things a run of 11 games without a win during December, January and February had everyone worried and it forced a radical rethink of our tactics. While tinkering with tactics my new youth intake arrived and its composition (along with the season long disappointment on my once stellar forwards) spurred on a radical idea.

Excelsior Veldwezelt was going to go strikerless. A new 460 tactic was created and over the course of the remaining 7 games of the season it was tweaked and tinkered with. 5 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat followed and the experiment became a complete rethinking of the challenge.

After the season finished the club wide restructuring began. Promising youth forwards began retraining as midfielder, attacking midfielders began more goalscoring beneficial training and tactics are being further tinkered.

The future is no longer just red & black, it is red, black and strikerless :)

Loving the added feeling that I am changing the fiber of the club, my club, from top to bottom.

Youth Intake

Jacques Ferry (YP 5a) - Report

Roland Vangronsveld (YP 5b) - Report

I didn't take the remaining youth intake screenshots as I got swept away in the 460 tactical rethink.

The board again allowed for an increase in Junior Coaching (now at excellent!) and this definitely seems to be improving my youth intake. Another very promising crop of kids, making it 2 in a row now after the initial 3 poor ones.

Benny Theunissen (YP 5c) is going to be a good player too. Natural at DM, but can also play at DC, DR & MC. Great versitility and given some guidance, a starter for sure.

In the midst of all of this, my first u19 call up for Souleymane Dieng (YP 4b) for Belgium. Chosing them (at least for now) ahead of Senegal.

YP Tag Player Stats

Player             YP Tag  Pos     Games   Goals  Ast  Avg Rating  MoM  Yel  Red
Driss Afkir          4d     GK        1      1     0     8.50       0    0    0
Nirmal Hmar          4a     AMC      26(5)   9     3     7.12       1    6    0
Jacques Ferry        5a     AMRC FC   5(1)   1     2     6.98       1    0    0
Souleymane Dieng     4b     DC       31(1)   2     2     6.93       0    3    0
Benny Theunissen     5c     DRC MC    2(3)   0     1     6.90       0    1    0
Ruben Baerts         4c     AMLC     23(10)  1     4     6.75       1    5    0
Aziana Nsingi        5e     DC        0      0     0     -.--       0    0    0
Paul Crv             5d     AMRL FC   0      0     0     -.--       0    0    0
Roland Vangronsveld  5b     FC        0      0     0     -.--       0    0    0
Rob Billen           5f     ML        0      0     0     -.--       0    0    0

Nirmal Hmar (YP 4a) starring, although his 5 goals in the final 5 games of the season as part of the 460 experiment did inflate his stats. Hoping for more of the same in season 6 in a full 460 season (unless it falls flat on its face and I need to rethink again).

Yearly Updates

Season   Year   Division  Pos  Pld  Won   Drw   Lst  For  Ag   GD  Pts  Belgian Cup
  5   2017-18     2       9    34   12    9    13    48  47    1   45    6th Rnd
  4   2016-17     2      11    34   11   10    13    41  48   -7   43    7th Rnd
  3   2015-16     2       3    34   15   11     8    49  39   10   56    5th Rnd
  2   2014-15     2       8    34   11   11    12    47  52   -5   44    6th Rnd
  1   2013-14     3A      1    34   18    7     9    61  36   25   61    4th Rnd

Season 6 Targets

* Return to top half football

* Continue the 460 revolution at Excelsior Veldwezelt

* Continue to bring more youths into first team action and begin the switch from original players to YP players

Additional Season 5 Screenshots

Finances

Season End Stats

Transfers

First u19 International Call Up

Lewes_F.C._logo.png

2013/14 - Blue Square Bet South - 14th

A fairly uneventful season, other than when we won our first two games to shoot to the top of the table we always looked set for a pretty safe mid table finish. For the most part our form was pretty predictable, we beat the teams down the bottom half and struggled against the top sides.

Player fitness was an issue, such a small squad (and even fewer who were quality enough for me to want to play) meant that most of the team got a bit jaded at one point or another. So we didn't have the quality or the legs to make any sort of cup run, and drawing the rounds we went out on was disappointing because it meant a mid week replay instead of much needed rest.

Firstly the youth intake - it's one I don't really know how to feel about. I signed each and every player because they're all cheap depth, but none of them are really ready to play yet. ALso none of them have future star potential, intakes like this are unlikely to lift us out of the division. For now I haven't tagged anyone, I think I'm going to tag players when they make their debut rather on intake.

What that means for the current squad is I'm just going to let the crappier players go, if I need filler I may as well just let a young guy learn from the experience.

Key players this past year were:

Anthony Thomas - ST - Not a bad season at all to bag 19 goals and 9 assists, really the only striker to stand up. Hopefully at 31 he still has a couple of good seasons in him before he gets too slow.

Steve Robinson - DC - Has the same name as my ass man so it got a bit weird when I was seeing "Steve Robinson says you should compliment Steve Robinson on his form". :lol: At 38 is by far the elder statesman of the squad, but was the most consistent man down back. Terribly slow and getting slower, hopefully he can give me one more year.

Kieron Thorp - GK - Conceding 61 goals in 42 games doesn't seem that great, but he seemed to make more good saves and fewer blunders than the opposition keepers so I think he did alright.

Bit of a worry the best two were the old farts, hopefully someone else steps up next year.

Past and Future

This season didn't really click with me like my FM12 youth adventures ... will give it another season to see if it grows on me. Probably the same aim for the season, just get comfortable in the middle of the table. We don't have the quality required to push for promotion, so have to survive until we do.

[b]Season    Tier   Finished    FA Cup   FA Trophy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2013/14   BSS    14th        2nd Q    2nd Rnd

Wow, loads up updates here since I checked last.

Good luck in Belgium, Tactic Master. Unlucky with the intake, Alfsmalf. I would hire a HOYD as soon as possible.

A very good first season there, HunterKilller. Looks like a couple of good youngsters.

Interesting tactic, Braumiller, hopefully it'll work next season as well. Looks like your luck has improved with the youth intakes.

A solid first season, Shakes. From your youth intake it looked like you have a couple of decent talents. Although they might not be good enough should you get promoted soon.

FC Bayern are eating their way through managers. In the last 4 years they have had the following managers:

- Jupp Heynckes

- Rafa Benitez

- Co Adriaanse

- Harry Redknapp

- Andre Villas Boas

Jeez.:rolleyes:

XaW - They'll be no more than decent: 4 stars for my team is still pretty bad, I don't think I can win promotion with a team full of what would currently be 4 stars for me.

Braumiller - I was playing around with some strikerless formations before I started this, mostly failures but I did OK with a narrow 4-3-3 (3 DMs and 3 AMCs) as Argentina. Although most of the success was just Messi dribbling past half the team and scoring, not sure how well it would play out in the lower leagues! With my save being in England I intend to live and die by the 4-4-2 season after season. :)

Wow, England just won the 2014 world cup in my game ... must be a beta bug. ;)

Russia won in my game. 3-1 in the final over Spain. England went out in the second round.

I think I'm in trouble ... started with only two natural ML/MRs and the first decided to sign a contract elsewhere (would only agree to non-contract terms with me) while the other is out for 5 months.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim_0.gif

XaW - SVW Mannheim - 2. Bundesliga - 2016/17

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

I wrote a huge summary of the season then managed to close my browser. So this is kinda short as I lost everything. :mad:

We had a great season even though it started out very slowly. In the end we managed to get as high as 5th, but never in contest of promotion.

Youth Intake:

This years youth intake was better than last, but still not as good as the first few.

Initial youngsters:

João Paulo (YP0a) - Great season! Our top scorer with 18 goals.

Federico Gómez (TP0b) - Injuries got the better of him this season so I hope next gets better for him.

Bastian Kohler (former YP0c) - No progression. Lost his YP-tag.

Vito Libertini (YP0d) - Keeps progressing well, but need even more to play regularly.

Robert Huber (YP0e) - Another very good season, but it was cut short by injuries.

Intake 1:

Bruno Russo (YP1a) - Out on loan the entire season, but haven't impressed.

Heniz Höferth (YP1b) - Got his debut this season, but still need to work to be regular part of the first team.

Felix Schuler (YP1c) - Our best left back now, but still needs work.

Admir Plojovic (YP1d) - Great season. Patrolling the midfield like a boss.

Hans Veiß (YP1e) - Unsure about this guy. He is a talent, but not as good as a couple of other youngsters.

Eugen Henel (YP1f) - Great player. Our penalty taker and scored some goals.

Floran Wagner (TP1g) - Fantastic debut season. Scored and assisted well from his attacking midfield role.

Fuat Yilmaz (YP1h) - Out on loan for the last months. Done well enough.

Bastian Krämer (YP1i) - Out best goalkeeper. Done well and keeps progressing.

Andy Behrend (YP1j) - Backup for the first team. Got a couple of matches.

Pierangelo Varacalli (YP1k) - Continues to improve. Should get some matches next season.

Andreas Bauer (former YP1l) - Horrible season. Lost his YP-tag.

Intake 2:

Sven Reith (YP1a) - Need huge improvements in order to remain.

Prince Doudu (YP2b) - Two goals on his debut and kept scoring when he got the chance. Should get more matches next season.

Nikolay Gorbunov (YP2c) - Talent, no doubt. But this position is crowded in the U19s.

Marvin Fießer (YP2d) - The second best left back in the squad. Should get some matches this season.

Giorgos Karathanasis (YP2e) - Not sure if he'll make it. He has next season to impress.

Felix Männel (YP2f) - Quick young striker, but needs to improve.

Smaïlia Tawali (YP2g) - Need to work harder to keep his YP-tag and his future here.

Senijad Salihovic (YP2h) - Huge talent and need to keep up the good work.

Marvin Wenzel (YP2i) - Talent, but need to work hard as we got many good players in his positions.

New - Erdinç Dündar (YP2j) - Improved a lot this season and earned a YP-tag.

Intake 3:

Jan Engel (YP3a) - Great talent. Can't wait until he's old enough.

Tom Baum (YP3b) - Haven't developed as I had hoped, but still have time.

Martin Schlegel (former YP3c) - Horrible season. Lost his YP-tag

New intake:

Tolgahan Erdem (YP4a) - Report - Huge talent and some very good stats. Still need some work.

Robert Hopp (YP4b) - Report - Another great defensive midfielder. Gonna have to battle for a spot, but defiantly have the chance.

Danny Hinkel (YP4c) - Report - Great offensive talent.

Alexander Zimmermann (YP4d) - Report - Could become a good striker in the future, but needs quite a lot of work.

Season	  League	  Position	Cup		Europe		Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14	 3. Fußball liga  15th		N/A		N/A		Survived
2014/15	 3. Fußball liga  5th		N/A		N/A		N/A
2015/16	 3. Fußball liga  2nd		1st rnd		N/A		Promotion
2016/17	 2. Bundesliga	  5th		1st rnd		N/A		N/A

URNamur.png

I have just signed my life and entire Football Manager 2013 career away to Belgium side Union Royal Namur! As previously stated, this is my first ever venture in a long term save into a foreign country, outside of England! I decided that if I was to go abroad somewhere, I had to pick a real good challenge and Belgium should provide that very nicely :)

UR Namur

Union Royal Namur are a Semi-Professional football club from Belgium and were previously relegated from the Belgium Third Division A back in the 2010/2011 season when they finished dead last. We play our home games at the 3,500 capacity stadium 'Stade Communal' (also known as Bas-Pres). The club itself has been nicknamed 'Les Merles' which slides off the tongue very nicely!

UR Namur has previous success in it's history, winning the Belgium Third Division B and the Belgium Fourth Division D. This year however, is the clubs 100 year anniversary! I believe that 2 trophies in 100 years is an insult to the club and I vow to bring trophies to this club year in year out within the next 20 years!

Expectations

Season 1: Mid-Table

Season 2: Top 5

Season 3: Challenge For Promotion

Season 4: (If not yet promoted) Win League

I think I'm in trouble ... started with only two natural ML/MRs and the first decided to sign a contract elsewhere (would only agree to non-contract terms with me) while the other is out for 5 months.

Just switch your style of play where you don't need wingers :) Bit like what Sir Alex did recently at Man Utd.

t4z760.jpg

RW WALHAIN CG

Season 1

League Table

With the media prediction being 13th and a distinct lack of central midfielders, I was very suprised and happy to finish 4th, making it into the promotion playoffs. We were drew against a team that we beat 4-0 in our last meeting together, however we didnt seem up to it and were beaten 2-1 in the 1st leg and beaten again in the second leg 1-0.

Due to the lack of central midfielders I chose to play a wide 4-1-2-1-2 which worked surprisingly well, especially in defence as the opposition where mostly restricted to long shots.

Key Players

• GK Sem Franssen - Luckily we had a great keeper who kept us in alot of games and has saved us some points over the season.
  • DC Jerome Vanderzyl - Our best defender by far and could be our main man at the back for many seasons.
  • S Julien D'Alessandro - Top scorer this season, however is 31 and his stats are declining, but might have a couple more seasons left in him.

Youth Candidates - only gave 2 players contracts however I dont expect them to make an impact and they were only signed as back up.

Targets for Next Season

• To make the promotion play offs again
  • Increase the junior coaching and employ a HOYD

t4z760.jpg

RW WALHAIN CG

Season 1

League Table

With the media prediction being 13th and a distinct lack of central midfielders, I was very suprised and happy to finish 4th, making it into the promotion playoffs. We were drew against a team that we beat 4-0 in our last meeting together, however we didnt seem up to it and were beaten 2-1 in the 1st leg and beaten again in the second leg 1-0.

Due to the lack of central midfielders I chose to play a wide 4-1-2-1-2 which worked surprisingly well, especially in defence as the opposition where mostly restricted to long shots.

Key Players

• GK Sem Franssen - Luckily we had a great keeper who kept us in alot of games and has saved us some points over the season.
  • DC Jerome Vanderzyl - Our best defender by far and could be our main man at the back for many seasons.
  • S Julien D'Alessandro - Top scorer this season, however is 31 and his stats are declining, but might have a couple more seasons left in him.

Youth Candidates - only gave 2 players contracts however I dont expect them to make an impact and they were only signed as back up.

Targets for Next Season

• To make the promotion play offs again
  • Increase the junior coaching and employ a HOYD

Brilliant first season, but unlucky on the youth intake, hopefully next seasons intake will provide some real competition for places!

Is this normal?

My Central Midfielder making 164 passes and completing 156 of them, along with my team winning 3 - 1 in their first match, albeit against weaker opposition in the cup...

They had 1 shot, we had 25 and they had only 26% possession! Around 815 passes in total for my team, completing 752!

Complete side note. I do not recall it being this way previously, but are everyone else regen completely lacking in Strength when they are promoted via the youth intake.

It makes sense, 15 yr olds who can get pushed off the ball. Finding I have to have Strength training focus on them to get them up to 6-10 (depending on position).

Lewes_F.C._logo.png

2014/15 - Blue Square Bet South - 15th

Didn't have the scoring touch this year, so it was a pretty big struggle at times, we went 14 games without a win early in the season. Once we put a couple of wins on the board though we always looked pretty safe, and although our point total was 7 short of what we achieved last year, we only slipped one place.

Cup wise we bombed out of our first fixtures in both.

This year's youth intake looks a lot like the last, signed them all since I don't think my ass man is that great, we'll see who looks decent when I need to promote someone and take it from there. 9 players from last year's intake made their debuts this year:

• 14a Wheeldon (Report) - ST - Was made the 3rd choice striker ready or not. Scored on debut but then had a massive dry spell before starting to come good at the end. Clearly better for the experience though, ass man now rates him as having BSP potential.
  • 14b Holsgrove (Report) - ML - Was brought up to cover a long term injury, soon suffered his own long term injury. Hopefully it hasn't damaged his development.
  • 14c Warner (Report) - MR/DR - Also got his chance through injury and did alright, is all physicals and not much else though, would have been a better player in the old match engine I'm sure.
  • 14d Nightingale (Report) - MC - Should turn into a decent play making mid for this level. Is developing well and will get more games next year.
  • 14e Wilkinson (Report) - DC/MC - Only called up as cover, a natural DM who doesn't really fit ideally as either a DC or MC so not sure how to use him yet.
  • 14f Dunne (Report) - ML - 5 star potential but currently not up to it, barring injury I think I'll leave him in the youth team for another year.
  • 14g Flood (Report) - GK - Did well when our senior keeper got hurt, could press for the first team place next year.
  • 14h Dudley (Report) - ST - Given a brief chance at the end of the year and scored a goal. Might promote him to 3rd choice striker next year.
  • 14i Daniels (Report) - MR - Given a quick taste, but will need another year in the youth team.

Next Season

Throw more young players at the wall and see which ones stick I guess. Really don't know what sort of time frame I'm on here, I think the potential of the better players from the intakes might end up being good enough to push the team up, but how many years down the line I can't really even guess at right now. Finances aren't good either, don't know what can be done about them though, normally in the BSN/BSS you can just sign players so good for the division that you can go on a cup run to sort the problems out. :lol:

[b]Season    Tier   Finished    FA Cup   FA Trophy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319117-ri916-s-FM13-Anglo-Euro-Youth-Academy-Challenge?p=8216314&viewfull=1#post8216314"]2013/14[/url]   BSS    14th        2nd Q    2nd Rnd
2014/15   BSS    15th        2nd Q    3rd Q

Archived