ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They fix bug in England where you cant upgread academy and youth fac? I mean There was something like that chairman accept it but after all it wouldnt improve? (sorry for bad eng)
it seems to be working now but be honest i have never had a problem with that bug

Time for an update! :)

homepagebadgeshadow_zps61f5d50c.png

Kettering Town

Season 4 (2016/17)

Predicted: 5-7th? Can't remember

Final league position: 2nd

League Table

Position Graph

Okay, trying to remember a season I completed over a month ago is quite hard, so I'll probably miss a few details, luckily it wasn't a roller-coaster of a season.

After last seasons misery of missing out on the playoffs, I and my team were determined to finish comfortably in the playoffs. After the first few games of the season, we established ourselves as a contender for promotion, we even held 1st place for a bit. Come middle of the season, Stockport started to gain a points advantage over us, this lead us never being able to catch them. We held second place for the rest of the season to my delight. Okay time for the playoffs, we had got AFC Telford in the semi-finals. I was confident, I thought we would go through to the final, but no. Telford thrashed us in the away leg 3-0, we were just awful. In the home leg, Telford scored 2 early goals to basically send them to the final. We were able to get 2 back but Telford went through 5-2 on aggregate. It just want meant to be.

Youth Candidates

Transfers

homepagebadgeshadow_zps61f5d50c.png

Kettering Town

Season 5 (2017/18)

Predicted: 3rd

Final league position: 2nd

League Table

Position Graph

Roll on the next season, after last years performance in the league I knew this was going to be our year, though it was much tighter at the top. This season, I was gambling on 2 tactics, a 4-2-4 and a 4-1-2-2-1. Both tactics suited the players I had and against opposing tactics. Like I said, it was tight at the top, my lowest position through out the season was 5th and the highest was 1st, but we just kept bouncing in between. Come the end of the season, it was a 2 horse race between me and Vauxhall for 1st. Vauxhall ended up pipping me to the title on the 2nd to last game of the season. Here come the playoffs, and because of injuries I had to play my 4-3-3 from last season. In the semi's, Droylsden was our opponents. We had a good record against Droylsden, so I was confident. We drew 1-1 in the away leg and won 2-1 in the home leg. We were in the final and against the team that finished 3rd, Altrincham. Here are the highlights:

[video=youtube;1jBZPOfaGNE]

FINALLY PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telford also got relegated! HA!

Youth Candidates

Transfers

Target for next season: Survive relegation!

Having loved this challenge last year, I thought I'd have a quick flick through and ended up spending a good few hours going through it. It's a great thread, and particular congratulations to Braumiller and duffy89 for those excellent completions. Very impressed with the huge amount of progress though!

RWE-Logo_01_zps7b22a7d2.png

League Prediction: 17th

Board expectations: Avoid relegation

Finally managed to get round to finishing my first season in Germany, and really not that much to report, mid-table mediocrity for the majority of the season, but for a 1st season I'll take it.

League Table - Past Positions

Really not that much to report with the squad, with just the one player managing to play for the full 38 games.

Squad

Youth Squad

Overall a decent looking bunch, but since I'm in germany none of these will be able to play in the 1st team for a good 2 years, due to the no under 17s rule all 3 divisions have.

Karsten Wisnewski - Midfield, now obviously I was going to highlight the 1 5* player, he needs some work on his physical attributes, but since it'll be a good 3 years before he can play, that hopefully won't be a problem by then.

Finances - not much to report, just about broke even due to the 330k payout for league position.

Transfers - as to be expected, everybody on the list free or fired.

Next Season Goals:- Top half table mediocrity.

Braumiller- You sir are a legend :cool:. You've made an exceptional contribution to this thread, can't congratulate you enough on the achievement.

Haunted- Hahahahahahaha, this challenge is impossible huh? Maybe you should take a leaf out of Braumiller's book and ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME, or are you going to accuse him of cheating too? :rolleyes:

em? when did i say its impossible? i said in england its only possible for FC United and Kingstonian and some other club from London probably but i didnt try

Portugal is possible too, won the league with Belesenese or something, but didnt bother continue playing till winning the champions league, germany is the most easy one, did it in 1 day with RW Essen

he played it in Belgium, ive never tried playing in belgium so dont know whats it there, didnt try Italy Belgium Russia France Spain and Turkey

Netherlands the youthintake from what i saw is every year everyone 0,5 stars??

if you show me how to get players over 90 PA in england outside of FC United and Kingstonian, i will say its possible for the rest of the clubs too :p

honestly, you have no impact on the youth intake anyway, even if you get a head of youth development with all 20 stats, the intake is the same as one with everything 1 stats... i rerun and analyzed so many intakes... everything just doesnt matter.. the intake with the otherclubs remains horrible.. on a average 50-80 PA, on % in genie scout you will get some players to 50-53%.. very rare 54 55

the problem with that is that League 2 has average strength of 56%, and League 1 average strength of 60%, the best you can do is to get to league 1, you will never beat 20 teams a whole season with a 52,5~% squad vs 60+% squads..

but whatever, people gonna get pissed after reading this, and tell me not to use genie scout and then i can beat the challange and stuff :D

the junior coaching only has influence on the CA, not the PA

when you usually get 12/70 10/70 15/70 players, with excellent coaching you will get 20/70 30/70 40/70 sometimes 50/70

as i pointed out somewhere earlier in this thread, i think its almost best to not improve the junior coaching, its better to get 10/70 player and develop him on training till 70/70 instead of getting 50/70 player with random stats

Thanks all. I know for a fact I would never have gotten so involved in the challenge if others were nt also participating at similar levels!

As for the notion this is impossible in England, that is just crazy (or lazy).

Constant, tiny incremental seasonal improvements will see you slowly climb the ladder. Others here are already climbing faster than that. Sure you will hit temporary ceilings, but you should. Shrewd management will always see you overachieve, improve facilities andr then start producing better talent.

From an FM standpoint I wish I was not just starting a new job next week, as I would love to start the micromanagement of club finances, facilities, staff and playing staff again from the start.

Good luck XaW!

File:Sparta_Rotterdam.png

SPARTA ROTTERDAM (1st season)

Well you would think they are one of the favourites for promotion, You have it wrong. What happened I just don't know, last season I looked at the Jupiter League standings to find that Sparta finished 2 PLACES above the relegation zone. They are currently really struggling and desperately need help.

Update you soon!

Thanks all. I know for a fact I would never have gotten so involved in the challenge if others were nt also participating at similar levels!

As for the notion this is impossible in England, that is just crazy (or lazy).

Constant, tiny incremental seasonal improvements will see you slowly climb the ladder. Others here are already climbing faster than that. Sure you will hit temporary ceilings, but you should. Shrewd management will always see you overachieve, improve facilities andr then start producing better talent.

From an FM standpoint I wish I was not just starting a new job next week, as I would love to start the micromanagement of club finances, facilities, staff and playing staff again from the start.

Good luck XaW!

that would be correct, but you are not gonna make any money until maybe championship, so there you go with improve facilities...

How come I'm turning a profit in the BSP then?

Because he has yet to play the challenge. He purely (and incorrectly) theorizes based on his holiday cheating, which involves zero management of finances or player development. Haunted's posts were initially annoying, now they are pure uninformed, entertainment.

Because he has yet to play the challenge. He purely (and incorrectly) theorizes based on his holiday cheating, which involves zero management of finances or player development. Haunted's posts were initially annoying, now they are pure uninformed, entertainment.

we can make a challange if you want, you gonna be micromanaging finaces with buxton, whitehawk, bedford... you pick! and show a screenshot how you made profit, maybe write a guide on it because people would be sure interested!

else you just trolling bro

we can make a challange if you want, you gonna be micromanaging finaces with buxton, whitehawk, bedford... you pick! and show a screenshot how you made profit, maybe write a guide on it because people would be sure interested!

else you just trolling bro

Oh my, oh my. We have a challenge here, which I have very much enjoyed playing. Sadly as I have already mentioned, I will not have time in the near future to reply the challenge in FM13. My FM14 version will be back in England for sure though. I took Weymouth to the Championship in FM12 and will look to take them a few steps further next time around.

As for trolling, we could compare number, quality and content of posts in this thread as a determining factor for who holds that title if you wish.

Had great fun a few months back with Real in Portugal, taking them to midtable in the top league and to Europe via a cup before my work got in the way and I got dis-interested. Delighted to see Shakes taking Real even further - they were brilliant fun to play as, and I quite enjoyed only 30 games in the top league in Portugal (helps with a small squad).

I might have another go, not decided where yet :)

Holidaying in spain (not literally, sadly.....)

Had a fun save with Fuerteventura a few years ago in the big euro challenge, and well impressed with the Castellon progress above so hopefully I can find a team I like and start the slog :)

League Prediction: 12th

Board expectations: Mid-table finish

On to season 2 now, and with a little bit of good fortune the team managed to sneak into to playoff contention as just the right time of the season.

With the team now facing a team from division 2 in order to gain promotion, I switched to my team's 3rd formation, though one people may recognise from my adventures in Turkey. I used the switch in the hope of making it a tight low scoring game away from home, though it didn't quite turn out that way, with an 4-3 victory secured away from home.

Not wanting to upset the team and switch back to another formation, all the team really had to do was shut up shop at home, and make sure the score line didn't go crazy again, and to keep it one goal. Despite the sending off, the outstanding performances from the back pairing, meant we only conceded the one goal, and with a 1-0 loss but a 4-4 away goal win, the team secured promotion to the 2nd Division.

League standings

Squad - With mostly good performances from the defence, and the obvious changing of the Goalkeeper, but that's most due to much better youngsters reaching 17 and being eligible to play for the 1st team.

Speaking of the youngsters

Youth Team

I'm not that concerned with the lack of keepers in this selection, I've had 2 decent keepers just turn 17, and yet another from last year's selection to come through soon.

Kamil Piotrowski - Sorry but being to of the list get's you singled out, as it is he's a pacey right field player, and he's got to spend a good 18 months playing in the youth team before he eligible for a call up, mean I can work on his control quite a bit, and for him to be a force to reckon with in the future.

Finances - thankfully due to the better league finish, and the gate receipts from the playoff game saw the team make a decent profit for the season. Finances will also be much improved no matter when I finish in division 2, as even finishing dead last nets a £3m+ payout. plus another £3m in TV money.

Transfers - with most of the dead wood removed last season, very little activity on this front this season, they'll be more movement this coming season, as last years youth selection start forcing their way into first team contention.

Goals for next season :- 15th or better in Division 2, and hopefully improve the training / youth setup with the better finances. Also being in division 2 should mean I get entered into the cup, which is always great for a little extra cash.

BlythSpartans.png

Blyth Spartans

2023 -2024

League Table

Squad

Finances

Transfers

LOAN-No Games

Star Players

Youth Candidates - No one Decent

YP2

YP3

YP4

YP5

YP6

YP7

YP8

YP9

Blyth Spartans

2024 -2025

League Table

Squad

Finances

Transfers

WeirdTransferMyYouthPlayer

Star Players

Youth Candidates - Still Garbage

YP2

YP3

YP4

YP5

YP6

YP7

YP8

YP9

It's extremely late to join but I've been disillusioned lately with the way the game is so slow with a journeyman setup, so why not join a challenge where you can only pick one league. Unlikely I'll come any close to completing this, but for the record this is my new team:

Club_Portugalete.png

C.F. Portugalete in Basque Country, Spain. I've went for the absolute jugular and picked an incredibly poor side, it'll be a miracle if I even survive the first season without hiring players. My squad is absolute sh*t, only has a decent CB and a decent ST the rest are way below the standard of this division. Defensive-type midfielders? I only have one DM the rest are all AMC's. This is gonna be fun.

Welcome aboard noikeee :thup:

Thanks but it feels very much like I've been welcomed aboard to the Titanic. I'm currently 18th after 19 matches, 5 points off safety. To be honest the squad is so ridiculously poor compared to the opposition, that it feels like I'm overachieving by not being dead last anyway. :D Will definitely end up relegated or sacked.

Thanks but it feels very much like I've been welcomed aboard to the Titanic. I'm currently 18th after 19 matches, 5 points off safety. To be honest the squad is so ridiculously poor compared to the opposition, that it feels like I'm overachieving by not being dead last anyway. :D Will definitely end up relegated or sacked.
then you try again with the next batch of teams that come up :)

Well we lasted 34 matches.

Portugalete - 2013/2014

Club_Portugalete.png

League Table

Results (1) | Results (2)

Squad

Not gonna bother listing my YPs as I'm not continuing here, but I did sign a long list of them. I'm resigning ASAP and will now probably restart the challenge in a different nation. This challenge is actually rather fun, albeit in a masochistic kind of way. :D

Im enjoying life in spain, with a team chosen because their badge features what appears to be the Lion Rampant!

Into season 3, with write up's for first 2 years overdue, but I have had 2 solid mid table finishes, including improvement from 1 to 2 and have some nice youths through now, looking to kick on. 3 seasons before promotion from bottom division feels about right :)

escudo-cultural-leonesa.gif

Don't worry about it noikee, it took me 3 countries before I finally managed to get a 2nd season in Turkey and that worked out reasonably okay. And as I think I said earlier in this thread, Spain is brutal if only for the player limit.

As for my Germany save, I've got the next week off work, so I should be able to get through at least a couple of seasons.

League Prediction: 17th

Board expectations: Avoid relegation

Cup Expectations: Reach Second round

League:- Not really much to report, apart from exceeding the expectations of both the media and the boardroom and finishing in mid table obscurity, and as I desperately need to improved the clubs facilities before even thinking about challenging for promotion or the top division I'll happily take that. Especially since finishing 9th does give a nice £3.8m position bonus, which along with the increased tv money and gate receipts was spent on facility upgrades at the end of the season, which should mean better youth prospects next time round.

Cup:- Knocked out in round 1 by the eventual champions of Division 2, so not much to report.

Past positions - whilst we were challenging for the playoff spot early on, the team had a post winter break slump and gradually slipped down the table. So I'm probably going to have to re-work the formations a little bit just so the team can hover around the 4 or 5 spot in the table whilst I upgrade the facilities and as such bring the youth prospects into the first team.

Speaking of the youths, this years selection was somewhat poor with only really 3 players probably going to get any reasonable first team playing time. Though as I decided to let the Head of Youth Developments contract to run out at the end of the season, hopefully I can hire someone a little better.

The best of the bunch being Sven Schumacher, yet again I'm enjoying the restrictions placed on the german youths, as while his mental attributes are quite good, I still have 18 months to work on the physical side before he's eligible to play for the first team.

As for the year 1 youths some of them are making their way into the first team, but this next year should see the majority of them become available, though some may only see playing time for the under 23s (or RW Essen II as it seems to be called).

Squad - nothing really much of note going on, apart from the above mentioned inclusion of a few Year 1 youths.

Finances - a somewhat healthy 200k profit for the season, though if I hadn't spent the money improving the facilities as linked above, the profit for the Season would have been much close to 6m. Speaking of upgrades Junior coaching fund was also increased.

Transfers - not much activity, getting rid of a couple of players who weren't good enough, whilst loaning a few others out in the hope of more playing time for them.

Next season goals:- much of the same in the league to get money for facility upgrades, and hopefully at least a mini-cup run.

Cultural Leonesa - Season 1 (2013/14)

165px-Cultural_y_Deportiva_Leonesa_logo.svg.png

Manager Overview (Nb - failed to take one at start up but this shows past experience)

Final League Positions

Past Positions

Summary:

Mid table obscurity, but safe. No more was needed. Inherited a squad which had just about enough cover, and had 2 decent strikers and 2 decent wide men. One centre half who would almost keep us in this division.

Transfers

Players of the year

Joshua - One of our original strikers and scored the goals to keep us safe

Dani Hedera - Experienced centre half steered us at the back

Luis Obispo - Average DM, who will do us for now

Youth intake (forgot to take at the time, this is after they joined) - Nothing special, but 2 who look good enough to move us up the table a bit

YP01a - Jose Luis - A decent looking center back or right back. Will become a CB but needs some development first

YP01b - Gustavo - Attacking fullback and we are a little woeful in his position so he might get an earlier look in the first team than I would have expected

Finances - A bit brutal, losing circa 30K per month, a loan taken out this season isn't going to kill us and got us back even

Facilities summary

Youth recruitment - Average

Junior Coaching - Average (after mid season Upgrade)

Youth Facilities - Basic

Training Facilities - Adequate

The "Average" recruitment certainly helps with the intakes, as most at this level are lower than that.

Cultural Leonesa - Season 2 (2014/15)

Final League Positions

Past Positions

Summary:

Progress, looked like we might challenge for playoffs but we were a bit inconsistent. Started to bring some of the youths in and we paid the price a little, as well as being injury hit around new year. Happy to progress up the tables tho

Transfers

Players of the year

Joshua - Keeps scoring, solid at this level

David Alvarez - reasonably classy wide man, produces nice assists

Luis Obispo - Remains solid in his role.

Youth Intake - 2 that look a lot better than last year, and some more depth

YP02a - Carlos Alberto - Wonderfully named, and looks like he has some real talent.

YP02b - Samuel Jimenez - Welcome bit of quality in a position we need upgrades in, as we play 2 x DMC

youth Updates

YP01a - Jose Luis - Saw more game time than expected, more at RB than CB although his future lies in CB

YP01b - Gustavo - Got a reasonable run in the first team, physicals developing nicely but needs to step it up.

Finances - Continue to lose small amounts, prize money is very low at this level

Facilities summary

Junior Coaching - Average

Youth Facilities - Basic

No change

Cultural Leonesa - Season 3 (2014/15)

Final League Positions

Past Positions

Playoff fixture/results

Summary:

Promotion! Did it the hard way as well. We were always in the hunt, pretty much in the play offs throughout. A few times we looked like we could challenge to win the league, but we had a bit of inconsistency with more youngsters becoming first team regulars. Into the obscure play off system, and we set a nice pattern. Wining the first leg all 3 times, and drawing the second all 3 times! Was possibly a season earlier than I originally expected, but a couple of the YP have really kicked on, meaning we might just about have enough for the next level

Transfers

Players of the year

Joshua - Again his goals fired us up the league

Stallone - Brilliantly named Belgian who was part of the original squad, and had his best season yet at ML.

David Alvarez - Mr consistent at MR, keeps the assists coming

Youth Intake - 2 who look really good, and the rest don't.........well, at least the 2 are in positions I need

YP03a - Luis Enrique - Namesake of one of my fav ever players, here is hoping he becomes as good! Will get chances this season

YP03b - Jorge Israel Arnaiz - Not sure whether a winger or a striker, but has potential

Youth Updates

YP01a - Jose Luis - A rock at the heart of our defence and now probably our best player. has developed quicker and better than I expected

YP01b - Gustavo - Our first choice RB, but he didn't perform as well as I would like. Not got many options in that position meaning he wasn't pushed hard

YP02a - Carlos Alberto - A star in the making, After a great pre-season was thrown in as our second striker and lit things up. Cant wait to see how far he can go

YP02b - Samuel Jimenez - A regular at DMC and has developed quickly with all the game time. Looks like being in there for years to com

Finances - Still in the red, hopefully promotion will sort this out.

Facilities summary

Junior Coaching - Average

Youth Facilities - Basic

Nothing doing, no cash for upgrades

• 2 weeks later...

League Prediction: 13th

Board expectations: Mid-table finish

Cup Expectations: Reach Second round

A much better 2nd season in Division 2, with the team stealing the title on the last day with a 3-0 win over Mainz in a 1 vs 2 match up for the time. Not really much to report in the cup however, with the team falling at the expected 2nd hurdle.

Squad

Finances - thanks to the prize money for finishing first, a very healthy profit for the season.

Transfers - getting rid a bit more of dead weight, including the first youth selection casualty.

Youth Selection

Well, I think that's my defence sorted out in a couple of years time then. And out of those 3 potential good defenders, Michael Kalenga, seems to be the best of bunch

Next season targets: Survival, survival, survival.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived