ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holstein Kiel - Season 5. 2017/18;

HolstenKiel_zpscd79d31b.jpg

League Table - League Graph - A great season with the Prospects coming in and heaving us up the table, we didn't really look like getting a real chance at promotion but it was nice to be that high up the table.

Look No Transfers - So Basle sent me someone on loan as per the deal set up between the clubs .. Don't worry he went back after a short holiday in Kiel.

The Squad - Our Youth Prospects are now getting plenty of games and i think the kids are really helping us, we lunge right up the table into the top 4! - A few more good youths: Mr. 1, Mr. 2 and Mr. 3.

Record Club Appearances!

Youth Facilities Upgrade!

Facilities|Finances

Youth Candidates;

Gunter Rehfeldy YP5a Report

Guychel Mutombo YP5b Report

Mehmet Rahmi Yilmaz YP4 - Will also be of an age to play from next season.

Andreas Klak YP3 - Is preparing himself for his chances next season.

Wolfgang Stock YP2a - Made 27 appearances jumping straight into the first team.

Yilmaz Dogramaci YP2b - Became old enough and got into the squad in January made 3 appearance and is currently 3rd choice GK.

Emanuel Hoffman YP1 - Didn't quite hit last seasons heights but still he managed 16 apps.

Mario Schilling YP0a - 26 apps, a first choice CB.

Timo Barendt YP0b - Is mainly used as a backup Forward, may get more games as Heider is getting older ..

kvk_ieper_zps9376dbb1.png

KVK Ieper (June 30th, First Season)

Belgium Third Division B

---

Manager Information - Facilities - Finances - Staff - U19s

---

Current Season Goals

• League Survival
  • Hire Backroom Staff

Managers Personal Comments

Decided to finally start this challenge, have had it bookmarked for a while and check back daily to read the updates, originally wanted to chose Holland but there's only two leagues, so i chose Belgium to add the third. Looking forward to seeing how i go!

FC United Of Manchester-2027/2028

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJUqAAuvEGAAeVHJHQOeUIf2Z2fh5AWLfU09wXT7_pwICCZYPPfLh66ovS

League Table | Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Finances | Facilities | Transfers(No Cheating!)

nPower Championship-6th-Past Positions

After last season, I was hoping we could improve that needed amount to be able to play in the Prem. But while the league position doesn't show the improvement, I saw it on the field. For one, this was the most competitive promotion battle I have aver been in. Charlton, the league winners, won the league with the second lowest amount of points since the start of the game (15 seasons) With four games left, there were eight teams that could finish top, nine second, and eleven that could reach the four play-off spots. Between third and eleventh, there were 5 points. Between third and seventh, there was one point. In the end, we were four points from automatic promotion, and we took the last play-off spot again. We did better than last season in every respect though. 3 more points, and an eight goal better goal-difference vouch for that. A good season for us in the league had me proud as the team responded magnificently to McMahon's bad form or missing key players in key games.

The best game of the season came towards the end as both automatic promotion and not making the play-offs were a possibility a 6-1 mauling of fellow promotion contenders Middlesborough sent us on our way to the play-offs in what was a perfect debut for one of our new youngsters.

In the play-offs, we faced our nemesis: Leeds. And so far, our worst nightmare. In six previous games against them, I had one point. This season, they had done the double over me. The first game at my place started terribly, with them going 2-0 up by the 60th minute and my promotion hopes almost extinguished. But then the team rallied back to get a more than credible draw. The second leg started perfectly for us as we were ahead on 33 seconds! A goal in first half-stoppage time had me celebrating, but they pegged one back at the start of the second half. The team held on, and to Wembley we went!

Hull were waiting for us and they meant business. They started of very well and went ahead through a supposed 'penalty' (it shouldn't have been called). Moments later, they went 2-0 up as for just the third time this season we conceded directly from a corner. At this, my hopes of promotion were once again extinguished. When the 81st minute rolled about, I decided to go all out: Only one center-back, three strikers, and two creative midfielders joined by 2 wingers was the risk taken. And in the 84th minute, we were 2-1 thanks to Glyndwr March. And in the 90th minute, Ben Nunerelly got to a ball to take the game to extra time!!!!!!! Then, I really thought the team could win as I changed back to my normal formation. But Hull were the better team in ET, winning 4-2 in the end and getting promoted to the PL.

Cups

Terrible season cup wise. We only made it to the third round in both competitions.

FA Cup

Capital One Cup

Previous Youth Players

Oliver Smith-YP0a(DRL)

Released March 2018-Retired 2018

Adrian Gregory-YP1c-D/M®

Released 2018-Retired 2018

Charlie O'Reilly-YP1e-DC

Released 2020-Retired 2020

Don Ryder-YP1f-M/AM®, ST

Released 2016-Retired 2016

Dominic Roberts-YP1b-GK

Released 2021-Retired 2021

Jay Squires-YP2e-AML-

Released 2019-Retired 2023

Ian Lee-YP4a-DM/MC

Released 2020-Retired 2020

Loyd Cruse-YP5b-AMR/MR/ST

Retired this season: Sold 2021-Retired 2028

Charlee Maguire-YP1d-AM/M®

Released 2022-Retired 2022

Karl Prior-YP2a-ST

Released 2023-Retired 2027

Robbie Gammon-YP3a-MC/DM

Released 2022-Retired 2022

Charles Chukwu-YP2d-AML/ML

Released 2023-Retired 2023

Solomon Murray-YP7b-MC/DC-SOLD 2024-Current Club: Salisbury (BSS)

Following Gusiley's relegation from the BSN, Murray moved over to BSS side Salisbury, where played 30 league games, making 4 assists

Kevin Buddah-YP10a-AML/ML-RELEASED 2025-Current Club: Skermersdale

Scored four time and made six assists in his third season at Skermesdale

Lewis Watkins-YP5a-MC-SOLD 2026-Current Club: Totenham (BPL)

After impressing for Wolves last season, Watkins moved to Spurs for 20M, were he had been a rotation option. He made 13 assists in all comps on only 34 matches.

Sean Coleman-YP3b-AM(LC)/M(LC)

Released 2025-Retired 2025

Bill Lundon-YP7d-MC/DM-RELEASED 2025-Current Club: Stevenage (BSP)

Six games for him at Setvenage, making one assist

Matty Keeley-YP9a-GK-RELEASED 2027-Current Club: York (BSP)

Matty left on a free to York and was second choice keeper, making 4 appearances in all comps.

Malcolm Stokes-YP10b-AML/ML-RELEASED 2027-Current Club: Newport County (BSS)

Stokes has played 5 matches for his new club since his release.

Star Players This Season

Louis Mutch-YP12d-GK

An incredible season from him as he saved us in a couple of games. His MOTM performance against Cardiff the stand out game, where he made seven stunning saves for an 8.8 rating

Adam Abbott II-YP11b-DC

He had another amazing season, ending with 7.62 avg rating overall. Simply incredible defending from him this season, that saw him score six goals again despite playing ten games less than last season.

Geraint Pierce-YP8b-D(CRL)/DM/M(CRL)

He has been a utility player in the starting XI, playing wherever I need him too and finally having an outstanding season (7.4avg Rating)

Glyndwr March-YP12c-MC/AM(CLR)

At the start of the season, he carried us as McMahon struggled to find form. His end of season stats are incredible: 8 goals and 18 assists in 40 games a very good return.

Stuart McMahon-YP12a-ST/AMC

He only had eight goals when March rolled around and the disappointment was immense. But a fine run-in for the young striker yielded 11 goals(including 3 against Leeds) and got my confidence in him back.

Other Important Players This Season

Andy McMahon-YP11c-MR/DR/MC

First choice right-back again this season, and coupled it up by scoring his first goal for the club and managing 2 MOTM awards.

Lee Gibson-YP13b-D(CL)

Gibson became first choice to partner Abbott II after some brilliant performances at the start of the season. A 3 month injury in February seemed to have ended his season, but he came back for the play-offs, finishing with and 8.4 rating in the second leg against Leeds.

Russell Perkins-YP14a-DL

Was my first choice left-back for most of the season and did very well, finishing with 2 MOTM awards

Leon Thorne-YP2c-MC/ST

He will be thirty next March, yet he is still a starter for the team. His leadership has been vital again as he had his best season in the Championship so far with 7 goals and 7 assists to his name.

Dafydd Burrell-YP7c-MC

Another good season as a starter for the Welsh midfielder. 5 goals and 9 assists a good return despite not being MOTM a single time.

Ben Nunnerley-YP11f-WBR/MR/AMR

First choice on the wing when fit, he scored 8 times and made 4 assists for a great season.

Other Youth Prospects

Andrew Kelly-YP6a-GK

John Dunphy-YP4d-DR/WBR/MR/AMR

Alan Gallimore-YP7a-DC/DM/MC

Johnny O'Connor-YP4c-ST

Stuart Thompson-YP3d-DM/MC

Ian Rooney-YP4b-D(CRL)

Adam Abbott-YP1a-DR

Lee Birmingham-YP8a-AMC/MC

Josh Hawes-YP6b-MC/DM

Rico Dicken-YP8b-MC/DM

Ashton Beasley-YP11a-ST/AMC

Ashley Coulson-YP11e-MR/MC

Doyle Hewson-YP11g-ST

Cole Jones-YP12b-ST/AM(CL)

Callum Heys-YP13a-ST/AML

Carl Cook-YP13c-D(RCL)

Kerem Moore-YP11d-ML/MR

Declan Rowlands-YP3c-DC/DM/MC

Tim Howarth-YP14b-AML/ML

Johnny Hall-YP14c-DL/ML)

Youth Intake

Another good intake leaves 3 tags

Rhys Bowden-YP15a-M(RC)/AM(RC)

The Welsh midfielder had an amazing debut, scoring twice after coming on in the 43rd minute in our 6-1 rout of Middlessborough. He will be a first team player next season and may become a starter.

Paul Mitchell-YP15b-ST/AML/MC

Could become a starter eventually, but will not play a lot next season. His potential is very promsing, however.

Billy Parkin-YP15c-MR/AMR)

He will eventually challenge Nunnerelly for the right wing spot. When, however, remains unknown.

Youth Prospects Turned Staff

Derek Wilson(Head Coach)

His first season as U-18 coach was good. After asking the board, the team moved up to the second Youth Level ahead of this season, and the youngsters struggled at first against the higher level opponents, losing their first four games. Eventually though, Wilson got them playing well, as they lost just once more and the team finished fourth(out of 12th) in Group A with 31 points from 22 matches. His contract expires next season, but I will probably re-new it if the youth-team performs as well.

Goals From Last Season

• Challenge for Automatic PromotionACHIEVED!-We challenged but couldn't do it in the end
  • Get past the 3rd Round in the FA Cup FAILED!-Lost in 3rd Round against Manchester City
  • Sign Stuart McMahon to a new contractACHIEVED!-He signed a 5 year deal until 2033 as the season ended
  • Utilize feeder clubs Bury(BSN) and AFC Wimbledon(L2) for YoungstersACHIEVED!

Goals For Next Season

• Earn Promotion To The Prem
  • Get past the 3rd Round in the FA Cup
  • Utilize feeder clubs Bury(BSN) and AFC Wimbledon(L2) for Youngsters

kvk_ieper_zps9376dbb1.png

KVK Ieper (Dec 2nd, First Season)

Belgium Third Division B

---

Sacked! - League Table

---

Managers Personal Comments

One day i will hopefully be able to manage this sort of team, literally had no strengths, i cant screen shot now as i've been sacked but in all of the comparison pages i had either the worst stats in the league, or 16th/17th worst, no creativity, no pace, no good decision making skills, no crossing or passing skills in any of my midfielders, and no way to get my strikers scoring. I fear the challenge of this team is a few steps out of my league at the moment, nevertheless, Holiday Man is at it again, in Portugal this time. See how my fate turns out there! (i might wait to survive my first season before i post an update, it could take a few tries haha)

Unlucky there TofeeTish, hope your luck goes better in Portugal, took me 3 tries before I got settled in Turkey, so keep at it.

Finally got round to actually playing my Germany save today as well, managed to pick up a pretty decent u19 coach, he's got a little international experience too.

YannickAvada_NewsInbox_zpse8ae0def.png

le25C325A7a_zps1e9d9bda.gif

Leça F.C. (Season 1)

Portuguese Second Division - North

---

Manager Profile | Facilities | Finances | Transfers | Senior Players | League Standings

---

League Review
-
Final Position: 13th

Prior to the season the media had us at an expected 6th Position, this was impossible with my inherited squad, 2 full backs (1 for each side) and 3 centre backs (two DC/Ls). I decided before i even played one friendly that i would not be able to play 4 at the back, instead i opted for a 3-1-4-2 formation, retrained my LB to play CD (for cover), and my RB to play a DM role (i want to say for cover but he ended up starting a significant amount of games there as i had no out and out DM).

When all 3 CBs were fit there were no fatal dramas, however if one go injured, id be forced to play the LB at CD and sometimes it was just chaotic to watch haha, in fact, ALOT of players were forced to play out of position this season, and unfortunately it seems like it will happen again next season, and maybe the one after until i get my youth players in.

-----------------------------------------------------

Key Players

Joao Pedro - Pure rock at the defense, Ever-present in the league and won games with some of his performances.

Joao Bernardino - The two main CDs of my tactic, only missed out on two games in the league, the good form of these two players undoubtedly helped me stay up.

Luis Teixeira - My top goal scorer (with a massive 8), saved me a few times but will definitely look to build on this season.

Andre Fontes - A decent season, not bad stats for his attributes, though i wouldnt mind seeing his pass completion rate hit 90%, 82% means essentialy that 1 in 5 passes will be lost.

Tiago Dias - A good season considering his stats, averaging 52 passes a game at 84%.

An actual god like Youth Intake

Quick Note:

The Senior squad Assistant report at the top of this post is from after the youth intake, all senior players had 5 stars for ability and potential when i started at the club (and i thought this was going to be an easy league!), after the youth intake thats what they went down to. Not sure if this is down to the poor attributes of my assistant manager?

Next Seasons Goals:

• Survival
  • Stay Employed

Been a bit busy recently so little playing time for me but still reading this thread, KUTGW guys some great success stories here -

duffy - incredible achievement mate, look forward to hearing your continuing progress, ever thought about doing the challenge in England?

TheGreatTraveler - Great season, hopefully you can challenge again this season and well done on keeping McMahon. I'd also say it's a good idea to utilise them feeder clubs, both at a good standard and in my experience it can really boost a players progress.

Mid-Season Update:

Onto Concord, and after scraping to safety last time out, we have had a brilliant season on the pitch thus far - a daring 3-5-2 formation has seen us offer a much bigger goal threat and we sit 11th after 28 games. Definitely safe, but almost certainly no chance of harming the play-off spots. We've scored the joint third most in the league.

The cups have been a mixed bag - A horrible tie away at Oxford, the best team in the BSP saw us crash out in the FA Cup Qualifying rounds, the lack of prize money will hit us very hard. The FA Trophy however is providing a decent alternative, two homes wins have seen us through to the 3rd Round, where again we are at home, although Barrow will provide a stern test. It's vital we get as far as possible.

And why is that? Money. We are skint and losing more money fast - the board continue to pressure me to sell players, and have even reduced my wage budget. We face a really uncertain future, no doubt about it.

The players though have been great, a bit of unrest has seen me try to rid a few but can't raise any funds through it - good news is that I managed to persuade Adam Everitt to become a coach, and he looks decent, hopefully I will be able to get him to sign a player/coach deal now! Club legend Jason Hallett keeps scoring and has passed the 50 goal mark for the club, and also signed a contract on reduced terms due to our financial position.

Young star Max Hope is having a great season, 12 goals in 20 starts means the 17 year old has already scored 14 senior goals for us, whilst other young hopefuls Kevin Benney and Dave Dyer continue to impress big time.

Loving the challenge, with this financial mess I'm In it's become very intense and it feels like it's us against the world almost - another thing that is helping my interest is that Concord Rangers are such a new club, this squad is basically rewriting all the club record books. I'll keep plugging on.

TofeeTish:Incredible intake there! Surely they will make it into the first team and up the leagues?

i hope so, im really stuck in two minds though, are 15 and 16 yer olds too young to play in the first team? board expect to finish top half and i cant play players out of position efficiently ( especially players with half a star for CA anf PA). Some big lineup and tactical decisions to make this season!

Concord Rangers Season 3 Review 15/16 - Blue Square Premier:

Not a vintage season by any means, but nonetheless we continue to overachieve and keep our head above the rising water of bankruptcy. I opted for a bold 3-5-2 formation, and it produced some great games - we scored 70 goals league goals, but inevitably we were more open at the back and conceeded 79, not helped by the one game I let my assistant take care of, a 7 nil home trouncing by Wycombe.

We started the league campaign brilliantly, and were just outside the playoffs after 16 games. With young starlet Max Hope, just 17, scoring 12 in his first 15 games. I knew we were punching significantly above our weight however and it could never last - the cup competitions started, fixtures piled up and our small squad buckled, and our standard mid-season descent of the league table began - this coincided with injury to club legend and leading ever scorer Jason Hallett, whilst young Hope went on a goal drought of 16 games.

The cup's were not as fruitful as last season, we got a horrible draw away at BSP giants Oxford in the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup and succumbed to a late 1 - 0 defeat. A huge blow to us considering we are penniless. The FA Trophy however was better, and we reached the Third Round, a club record, before a strong Barrow side edged us out 2 - 1 at Holker Street.

With the cups over and us sitting in mid-table mediocrity the season was really over by January, and I decided to experiment a bit with formations and also blood some more of our young players - I gave debuts to 7 16 year old or younger players, with Defensive midfielder Danny Harding impressing, as did young centre back Warren Wraight who made 10 league appearances and was solid enough too. Hopefully I can loan them out next season, I did manage to loan one player out, young Aidan Stockwell who went to East Thurrock and played in 42 games for them, surely doing him no harm.

As a result of the experimenting our league form dipped dramatically and we won just 1 in our last 14 league games, seeing us nearly plummet out of the league - thankfully I brought back the first team for the last three games and we cruised to safety in the end, finishing 17th - a new club record high of course. :lol:

In terms of player discussion - of course all eyes were on starlet Max Hope, 17 and in his début season he did not disappoint, smashing in 20 league goals. All the other usual senior players were excellent, Farmer a good season once again in goal, although he wants to move to a bigger club now worryingly, Monguel, Wise and Anderson the back three were superb, Phil Anderson especially. James Elmes the playmaker excellent once more, whilst box to box midfielder Scott Rogers had a great campaign, adding 8 goals to his 43 apps. Youngsters Benney and Dyer both continue to improve and got plenty of game time, neither over 20 yet and both have more than 100 appearances for the club. Top scorer Jason Hallett had an injury season but was brilliant when he played, 13 goals and 10 assists from his 32 games. Targetman Harry Elmes also played well above expectation, scoring 10 and making 6 from limited pitch time.

Money continue to drain at a rapid pace and who knows what the future brings - clearly no facility updates for us, but at least the current squad continue to improve. Onwards and Upwards. :thup:

Predicted Finish: 24th (bottom, again)

Actual Finish: 17th (Club record high) - League Table / League Worm

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round - Lost away to Oxford (BSP) 1 - 0.

FA Trophy: 3rd Round (Club record) - Lost away to Barrow (BSP) 2 - 1.

Club Finances: Insecure

Transfers

Income brought into club from transfers: £0 - Three players sold, all on free's.

Income brought into club from cup competitions: £0 (FA Cup), £11,000 (FA Trophy)

Income brought into club from league finish: £38.18K (17th in BSP)

Estimated club Value: £275k (+£165k)

23rd of June Balance: -£582,450 (-£178,677) :eek:

Upgrades to youth facilities: None

New Parent club: None

New Feeder club: None

End of Season Stats

Top Scorer: Max Hope (21)

Top Assists': Jason Hallett (10)

Highest Av. Rating: Phil Anderson (50 Apps, 7.27 Av.Rating)

Most MOTM: Phil Anderson (7)

Yellow Cards: Kurt Hammonds (11)

Young find of the year award: Max Hope - A fine season from the 17 year old, 20 league goals and 21 in all saw him the 8th highest scorer in the league. Already worth 22k, I need to hold onto him for a long time to come.

Senior find of the year award: Ollie Monguel - Consistantly excellent at the back, either from CB or RB, and coming on leaps and bounds in training too. One of our best players now and his versatility is very useful.

Club record league Apps - James Elmes - 157

Club record league Goals - Jason Hallett - 56

Next Season Aims: Continue to climb the league, whilst having a good run in BOTH cups, try and get a feeder club, hold onto to Jamie Farmer and Max Hope.

23rd of June Balance: -£582,450 (-£178,677) :eek:

Currently experiencing the same problem, looks like Hope is doing well though, i wonder how he'll do next season with more experience and games under his belt!

How do you think making it to proper league football will affect your finances? I really have no idea how im going to fix mine at the moment.

le25C325A7a_zps1e9d9bda.gif

Leça F.C. (Season 2)

Portuguese Second Division - North

---

Facilities | Finances | Transfers | League Standings

---

League Review
-
Final Position: 6th

An amazing performance this season, solidified our position in the league quite well and our tactic started to really gel nicely, some amazing defensive performances and standout performances from our young striker Carlos Spencer gives us a good platform to build on.

Taca da Portugal
-
3rd Round

A 4-1 win followed up by a 3-0 win was all in vein as we were thrown out of the competition in the third round to Operario Acores with a 1-0 defeat.

Key Players

Joao Pedro - Once again the main star of my team this season, some very solid defensive displays, though at 27 now is the time to start preparing his replacement.

Joao Bernardino - 2nd year in a row at 2nd place in my key players list, If only i could get a third defender to perform like these to complete the defense of my 3-5-2.

Carlos Spencer - After last seasons dire performances and only 6 goals in 30 appearances Carlos really stepped it up this season.

Youth Intake

Quick Note:

A few youngsters did fill in this season when injuries occured, Artur from YP01A made some good performances, 3 goals and 2 assists, looking this season to really bring them into the squad more.

Next Seasons Goals:

• Aim for Higher than 6th.
  • Really start to give the more promising youngsters first team games.

Holstein Kiel - Season 6. 2018/19;

League Table - League Graph - Even though we dropped down a place from last season we actually finished on the same amount of points so i'll take this as a stalled season as opposed to a dropped one. We have a great selection of Defenders through into the Squad now and with the amount of good youth i am actually struggling to find games to play everyone .. A far cry from playing whomever was fit a few seasons back hey!? Hopefully next intake we can get a couple of CM's and at least 1 CF ... Please!

Look No Transfers

The Squad.

Hartmann Retires.

Junior Coaching Increased.

Training Upgrade!

Facilities|Finances

Youth Candidates;

Ulrich Wolff YP6 Report

Gunter Rehfeldy YP5a - Still only 16.

Guychel Mutombo YP5b - Still only 16.

Mehmet Rahmi Yilmaz YP4 - Slotted in well when needed.

Andreas Klak YP3 - Couldn't quite break into the squad with all the CB's we've got, DM may be his best bet.

Wolfgang Stock YP2a - 23 apps this season, had a couple more good CB's to contend with .. Moved up into DM for alot of the season.

Yilmaz Dogramaci YP2b - We already have 2 great GK's so he went out on Loan (after making 3 apps for us) played 2 out on Loan.

Emanuel Hoffman YP1 - A picture says a thousand words.

Mario Schilling YP0a - Played around the same amount of games as last Season.

Timo Barendt YP0b - Played much more games as our Non Youth Academy players are getting on a little ...

The Kiel 100 Club;

(Youth Prospects only).

|-----------------------|--------------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| The 100 Club          |  Appearances | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | PoM | Av Rat |
|-----------------------|--------------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| Mario Schilling YP0a  |     139      |   6   |  2    |  -   |  -  |  5  |  7.27  |

Unlucky ToffieTish, I imagine nothing worse than getting the chop just when your youths are starting to come together - I feel I may experience the same thing very soon!

It's been a disasterous start for me at Concord this campaign - the crippled financial situation meant 4 senior players wouldn't sign a new deal, including club captain and now part time coach Adam Everitt, a huge blow.

The youth intake was pretty decent, but I've had to throw in some of them into Conference football already and they are nowhere near good enough - add to that injuries to three of my best players, James Elmes, Scott Rogers and Kevin Benney and we are in huge trouble.

11 games played, ONE win, and 8 defeats - 23rd and already 8 points away from safety. Am I getting the sack?

FC United Of Manchester-Fifteen Seasons On

Prologue

I have decided to have a set of 'special' updates detailing my career so far at the club and everything related to it. I will talk about all the youngsters still playing(even the non tagged ones) and so forth. I will talk about the players who have made history at the club, those that over performed, and those that dissapointed. I will talk about the games that changed the clubs history and the most important moments. I will try to do one part each day (should be 3-6 parts, depending on how much info I include) as I finish the 16th season.

Looking forward to that mate - and thanks for the support..

Thankfully we are turning it around - the turning point came as key men James Elmes, Scotty Rogers and Kevin Benney returned, as we picked up a massive home win against rock bottom Maidenhead, why was it so important? Morale was lifted considerably and I've noticed it really does have a huge effect. Right after the Maidenhead game I called a team meeting and told the lads how we could turn it around, they responded brilliantly - we started playing like our old-selves, despite still conceeding too many we started to eat into the margin, despite our weakened squad and having to still play the youths more than I really should have too. (some have done well however)

As I speak now - 26 games in, I sit 22nd but whilst I was once 14 points from safety, I'm now just 3, and with games in hand. Reached the 2nd Round of the FA Cup, and still in the FA Trophy. Satisfying stuff, I really thought I had no chance.

I'll wrap it up in a mid season update with a few screenshots etc. later on today probably. :thup:

Been on holiday for a couple of weeks which is why this has been a while coming!

Belated congratulations to Duffy for completing

mulhouse.png

2019-2020

Main Squad

The thought of going into Ligue 1 without being allowed to strengthen was certainly a daunting one but one we were equally looking forward to. Pre-season was the same trusted routine of playing a number of small local sides to build up confidence and score plenty of goals. The pundits weren't impressed with either our players or our chances of staying up making us clear favourites for relegation. The plan was 40 points, that had meant safety for last 6 seasons, 10 wins and 10 draws would do it. The fixture list was reasonably kind to us playing mainly mid-table sides until the 1st of the big 3, PSG in the 8th game. We started with a solid 1-1 away at Rennais, only 39 points to go! But the struggle I'd anticipated didn't really materialise (at least at first). Our gung ho tactics and presumably the opposition underestimating saw us win 4 in a row the last of which was a 5-1 away win at Lille. Our first defeat disappointingly came in our next match against lowly Le Mans when we sitting in 2nd place. A win against Ajaccio put us back into 2nd place for our trip to PSG. We were well and truly brought back to earth, thumped 6-0. It knocked the wind out of us a little. We only won 1 of the next 11 games, including heartbreaking 3-2 defeats in a row against Nice, Marseille and Lyon who happened to be the top 3 at the time. At the winter break thanks to a few draws here and there we sat on 24 points and well on course for our target. The break actually did us good for once winning 3 on the spin. But this season was all about runs, good and bad. 4 straight defeats followed but we broke that with spirited 0-0 against eventual champions and earlier drubbers PSG. A further run of 3 wins followed, the first of which took us over the 40 point mark with 9 games remaining. A mixed bag in those remaining games eventually saw us finish in a very creditable 12th.

Final League Position: 12th

League Table

League Results

Player Stats

Transfers

Youth Candidates

Poor show this year from the academy, only 2 players being worth tagging

Clément Roche YP07a

Jocelyn Martinez YP07b

So a lot to live up to next season, we'll do well to avoid 2nd season syndrome! But we're moving back to our redeveloped stadium, I'm rebuilding our coaching team and the youngsters have really benefited from this season so fingers crossed!

Holstein Kiel - Season 7. 2019/20;

League Table - League Graph - We went backwards a little this year, getting 1 less point on the board and staying in 6th .. A shame because we had some great performances. We are in desperate need for a CF to step up .. We haven't had too many through and goals could soon be a problem, although we did manage 3 more than last season.

Look No Transfers - Basle very kindly sent us a player on loan ... Who we sent straight back again, nice holiday for him in Kiel.

Our first Academy kid to get a Full International Cap: Gent Frasheri

The Squad - Apart from needing a CF or 2 we have a pretty strong squad. The two newest Youth Acedemy players to reach 17 (the tagged YP5s) look like filling the Midfield spots we've needed and could mean anothe little jump up the table .. Can we dream of a Playoff shot!?

Junior Coaching Budget Upgrade!

Youth Upgrade!

Facilities|Finances

Youth Candidates;

Kai-Fabian Fölster YP7a Report

Willi Köpke YP7b Report

Helmut Mayer YP7c Report

Ulrich Wolff YP6 - Not quite old enough needs another year...

Gunter Rehfeldy YP5a - Just reached 17, should get games next Season.

Guychel Mutombo YP5b - Made an appearance towards the end of the Season (after he hit his 17th Birthday).

Mehmet Rahmi Yilmaz YP4 - Managed 8 first team appearances.

Andreas Klak YP3 - 13 appearances, with the retirement of Hartmann last year he's grabbing a few more games at DM.

Wolfgang Stock YP2a - 30 apps, battling with Klak for the DM spot. Also slots in well enough at CB or RB.

Yilmaz Dogramaci YP2b - 5 apps, we already have a great Keeper who came through the first intake (didn't get tagged but has turned out well).

Emanuel Hoffman YP1 - Another 22 apps and added 8 goals to his tally.

Mario Schilling YP0a - 34 appearances, is often the first name on the team sheet.

Timo Barendt YP0b - 19 apps scoring 9 goals, needs to become a 15+ goals a season CF and quickly ...

The Kiel 100 Club;

(Youth Academy Graduates only).

| The 100 Club          |  Appearances | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | PoM | Av Rat |
| Mario Schilling YP0a  |     175      |   7   |  3    |  -   |  -  |  7  |  7.29  |

FC United Of Manchester-Fifteen Seasons On

Part One

The BSN Years(2013-2017)

The club spent four seasons in the BSN as the team started to change from a team full of Football League rejects into a Youth Only side. The team finished 17th once, 13th twice, and 3rd in its last season in the BSN, when the team went on to win the Play-Offs. The experience some of those youngsters got in our mid-table seasons were the basis for our eventual promotion to the BSP.

History Making Games

Tamworth 4-1 FC United (Aug. 10th, 2013)

Why is a 4-1 defeat so important? Because it was the first official match of a new era as I took over the team. Mike Norton scored the first goal of my tenure.

FC United 2-0 Boston United (Aug. 13th, 2013)

Just three days later we got our first win in the BSN as Carlos Roca got us ahead before a very young Jay Walcott scored his first club goal to give us the three points.

Chorley 1-2 FC United (Apr. 5th, 2014)

This win, thanks to a Mike Norton double, secured our survival in our first season in the league. Thankfully we did, cause the team earned only 1 more point in the remaining five games.

FC United 1-0 Stalybridge (April 9th, 2017)

Leon Thorne's 53rd minute goal got us the points that secured us a play-off place with 3 games to go.

Grimsby 2-3 FC United (Play-Off Final)(May 14th, 2017)

The most important game of my early career as it shaped the years that would follow it. We fell behind twice and twice equalized through our young strike force of Prior-Thorne. In the end, a Derek Wilson cross went into the top corner un-touched and we held on to move up into the BSN. The second Youth Intake had taken me up.

Landmark Moments

First Youth Player Appearance(April 16th, 2014)

Adam Abbott made his debut in the 1-1 draw against Gainsborough as our safety was already secured.

First Youth Player Goal(April 11th, 2015)

Derek Wilson was the first youngster to score an official goal as he scored in the 6th minute in our 1-0 home win over Drolysden.

Leon Thorne's First Goal (Dec. 30th, 2015)

Thorne began his amazing FC United career behind the spotlight of Prior and scored his first of 141 goals for FC United (until now)

Non Tagged Careers

Now, I will identify, intake by intake, the players who continue to play in 2028 from the intakes from our time in the BSN and how their careers have shaped out.

2014 Youth Intake(1)

Most of the non-tagged players from this intake have retired, but there is an exception: Brad Baldwin. The center-back played 37 games in all competitions at FC United between 2015 and 2018 before being released. Unlike most of his peers, however, he did not retire weeks later but signed for low league club Arnold on a free transfer in February 2nd, 2019 were he has made 340 League Appearances and scored 22 League Goals in his 9 and a half years at the club so far. Currently club Vice-Captain at Arnold.

2015 Youth Intake(2)

Much like with the previous intake, most players retired weeks after being released. And once again, the exception is one of those players with the lowest potentials. Meet Suresh Bartlett. Unlike Baldwin, Bartlett has played for multiple clubs, making the step up from club to club and even playing in the BSN for 5 years in 2 different clubs. Following his release, he moved on over to lower league club Ramsbottom United, where he spent four seasons developing as a player. He played 140 league games over the four seasons, scoring 8 goals and making 7 assists. He then moved, on a bossman, to Buxton, who had just been promoted to the BSN. He was a bit part player at Buxton, were he played 82 league matches and scored 7 times, but helped them survive in each of his three seasons. Following his release from Buxton, he moved to a Guiseley, who had just been promoted up to the BSN. The first season was very successful for the club and Bartlett as he helped them to a 10th place finish by scoring and assisting twice in 25 league matches. The following season Bartlett only played 11 games and the team dropped down the table, with the team finishing 21st and being relegated. Bartlett remains at Guisely, were he is now back-up in the 7th division.

2016 Youth Intake(3)

No non-tagged players have continued to play from this intake.

2017 Youth Intake(4)

Curtis Ratcliffe has been a journey man defender in the lower leagues, having played in 6 different clubs since being released, where he has played 253 league games, scoring 13 goals and making 35 assists in the 7th and 8th levels of English Football.

I hope you guys have enjoyed the first Part of my update on the clubs progress :D

Usraon.jpg

Union Sportive Raonnaise

Squad - Facilities - Info

As the Spaniard that I am, I have no idea about the French leagues, so I figured I'd be a good idea to go there, as I am in need of a fresh challenge. I do have to disclose that this is FM12 (any problems there?). This team has never played in the Top 2 leagues in the country, and the best achievement so far is the round of 16 in the French Cup some years ago.

Goals for our first season:

- Survival!

- Maintaining some of the 400k Euro we currently have in the safe.

- Learn French!

T24

Usraon.jpg

Union Sportive Raonnaise

12/13 Season - France Ligue National

- Our first season saw us struggle through the first few games while I figured out who was worth playing and who wasn't, but once we got it, we didn't look back. I have to say I am very pleased to announce that we were not in the relegation spots in the last two thirds of the season, which is great.

We were the forth team with the most goals conceded, but 52 goals scored in 38 matches saw us thrive to a 12th final position, which is great for our first year.

Final Table

In the French Cup, we were out in the second round, which is fine by me as I don't want to run down my squad in these matches.

Transfers - Both of those transfers were made before I came in--not my call.

Italian striker Donato Bottone was the star of the team, with 13 goals. I am so happy he is only 24--we'll keep him for as long as we can while our youth products start to shine, which I assume it will be in a long time, taking it by what we've been given so far.

This season's Youth Intake

Youth Product Watch

YP 1 - Nivollet - Letf mid - This 16 year old came out in the first season, so we promoted him as the best youngster and played him through the season. He didn't do much, but he didn't look awful, either.

YP 2 - Vincent Richard - 15 year old AM, doesn't really have much going on for himself but it was the absolute best from this year, and honestly the only thing we could promote this year. Oh well.. slowly but surely.

Next season:

- Stay in the top 15 of the league.

- Concede less goals.

- Keep the talent we have.

T24

Welcome Twellman, a solid first season there, good luck. Don't really know the standard of the league your playing in (compared to the BSP or whatever), so hard for me to judge those youths - Any chance of a pic of Bottone?

Onto me at Concord - And for the first time this season we are out of the relegation zone; It only took us 31 games! :D Don't want to speak to soon though, It's the 1st of Jan and the Transfer window opens - other teams will improve in this period, clearly we can't do that.

Welcome Twellman, a solid first season there, good luck. Don't really know the standard of the league your playing in (compared to the BSP or whatever), so hard for me to judge those youths - Any chance of a pic of Bottone?

Onto me at Concord - And for the first time this season we are out of the relegation zone; It only took us 31 games! :D Don't want to speak to soon though, It's the 1st of Jan and the Transfer window opens - other teams will improve in this period, clearly we can't do that.

Sure, here's the Italian's screenshot.

Honestly, as I mentioned before, I'm not used to the French leagues myself, but I can tell you the neither of the youth products so far could make it as a sub even. We still have a long time to go.

The board has announced that the goal for next season is to finish 12th, since we finished there last season. A bit much if you ask me, even more given the fact that we were predicted 19th last season. Oh well.

T24

Catch-up time on the thread!

Wow, a lot of action to read through. First and foremost though, congrats Duffy89!!!!

Ok, after an incredibly busy month (year long work project finally went live yesterday, closing on a new house next week, getting current house into sellable shape....) it is time to try and relax a little with FM13 and my beloved Excelsior Veldwezelt again :)

Picking back up 2/3rds of the way through season 32 and it should prove to be interesting! Update perhaps tomorrow or Thursday.

Well, I got sacked on my third season in France. I made it to 12th in the second season, erverything was great, but once again and for the second year in a row, not a single youngster was good enough to even be third sub--that plus four players retiring meant I was sacked after 12 games, bottom of the table.

I've given up and gone back to Spain--Castellon got promoted, so here we go!

Transfers

Info

Facilities

Best player

Cool things you didn't know about me (in real life):

- Even though I've lived in Villarreal most of my life (I live in the States now), I was actually born in Castellon.

- My uncle ACTUALLY played with Castellon (and Villarreal) in the 70s, when they were 2nd-3rd division teams.

- I'm obviously a Villarreal fan but apparently I'll be taking their local rival into success :D

Cheers!

T24

Well, I got sacked on my third season in France. I made it to 12th in the second season, erverything was great, but once again and for the second year in a row, not a single youngster was good enough to even be third sub--that plus four players retiring meant I was sacked after 12 games, bottom of the table.

I've given up and gone back to Spain--Castellon got promoted, so here we go!

Transfers

Info

Facilities

Best player

Cool things you didn't know about me (in real life):

- Even though I've lived in Villarreal most of my life (I live in the States now), I was actually born in Castellon.

- My uncle ACTUALLY played with Castellon (and Villarreal) in the 70s, when they were 2nd-3rd division teams.

- I'm obviously a Villarreal fan but apparently I'll be taking their local rival into success :D

Cheers!

T24

Good luck in Spain give Barca hell!!!!

Archived