Full Time Legend

Well, This'll be an interesting challenge come FM13

18 posts in this topic

Best of luck to them! Won't be easy with players wanting top flight football!

Most of them will be away 4 have already left and only Lee McCulloch out of their first team players will stay IMO

It'll be an all new squad if they start in Div 3. I still don't see it being much of a challenge in FM though. Irl, only time will tell. Of course, they may be allowed into Div 1, in which case some of their fringe players will probably stick around. Either way, I don't see it as challenging at all, fun perhaps, but not challenging.

They'll be as difficult to get up the league as the likes of Rushden & Diamonds, Gretna & Livingston which is to say it will be a cake walk.

Being Rangers in 3rd division doesn't actually sound like a challenge.

Should be an interesting save though consecutive promotions will be very easy all the way to SPL.

Threads in the Football forum if you want to discuss this issue in real life.

A more interesting challenge would be to play as another 3rd Division team and try to compete with Rangers! Or perhaps to take the opportunity of getting another SPL team into the Champion's League.

chal·lenge

n.

A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking: a career that offers a challenge.

I don't see it..

Looks like I'm finally going to get one of the Hero achievements.

The challenge could be to prevent Rangers from going up as already said. Take charge of two managers and get them both into the top 2 spots and then leave to take charge of two other clubs in the bottom division?

will be easy but the financial issues are going to be the interesting bit imo. just going to have a very young very promising squad. since i know most first teamers are going to leave. fringe players depends on exactly which league they go into. then the academy which has some real gems. well if i was in that academy i would stay, challenge for first team football and play for Rangers over leaving for bigger club and then being loaned out to a team in division 3

Depends on their starting reputation. If the new club retains anything like Rangers' rep, they'll easily recruit players from higher divisions and cruise up the leagues. (Which may well happen irl anyway.)

I think an interesting save rather than a challenging one.