Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

KINGSTONIAN SEASON NINE UPDATE - 2020/21

Season objectives - avoid relegation (achieved)

Achievements:

League Two -3rd and promoted

FA Cup - 4th round (6-3 away to Chelsea)

League Cup - 1st round

JPT - 1st round

Another over-achieving season and another promotion but not as champions this time. Never really troubled the top two in all honesty but still very pleased. Garry Beasant is again top scorer and my personal favorite ever youth player. Antonio Bengo won the League Two player of the season award and deservedly so. Championship clubs are sniffing around these two so I've signed them both up on longer term contracts.

No transfers but I have added more coaches since turning professional.

Forgot a screenie for my youth intake but only two really have any chance of first team football. They are Dominick Makengo (YP9a) and Richie Downing (YP9b).

Season 10 expectations:

My expectation - avoid relegation

Board expectation - avoid relegation

Media prediction - 24th

Think we will continue to score goals although defensively I am a tad concerned. Hoping for mid-table but avoiding relegation will do. These players do keep surprising me though. I find it particularly interesting that players not originally given a YP tag are now regular first teamers. I now have just four players over 23 and all of them will be leaving at the end of the season as they are being overtaken by the youngsters. I gave them one year extensions this year purely for tutoring. This years squad.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back-to-back promotions.

Fifth season with FC United, successful playoffs after finishing at 4th place in my first season at this level.

No transfers, youth intake is very promising. Pat Cole is a very good set-piece taker, while Joe Roberts is a huge striker (207 cm and 97 kg at 16!), I will probably change tactics and use him as a target man.

Club turned professional, full-time contracts and training for senior players - just in time so we can survive League Two, hopefully. Media prediction is 24th...

Club rents its stadium from cash-strapped Bury, they have no funds to relay the pitch so the surface is terrible (50 matches played in a season). Many games were postponed because of waterlogged or snow-covered pitch what makes March and April extremely busy (2-3 matches a week).

Marty- Well done on the back- to back- to back promotions mate! Excellent prospects as well.

Strigo- Well done as well mate. Your into league two and you've just got two great prospects through.

Thanks! Update on my season. Just through Jan transfer window, avoided much pressure from Chelsea to sign Neil Ward! Currently league top scorer with 26 in 26. 31 in 29 overall this season! Price tag of 100mil might put them off making a bid for some time though. If they do, I'm sure the board will accept it for me. No min release clause (except on relegation), paid big money to they agent and him (500k) to ensure this!

Shane Taylor is FC United's first full international. Already a club legend at the age of 20, his value is 750k, I don't know how long i can keep him at the club, ass. man says he would be a leading star for Championship sides. He is definitely too good for League Two, that's why we conceded only 6 games in 9 matches.

Cambridge City 2013/2014

League- 18th

League

Graph

Not such a good season this time, our defence leaked a lot more goals than before and our strike-force struggled even more. We generally sat about 5 points clear of the relegation zone for most of the season until around 4 games to go when we dropped in it, after a few nail-biting matches we managed to survive with a game to spare.

Cups

Fa Cup 2nd Q round: 0-2 Boreham Wood

Fa Trophy 3rd Q round: 1-2 Hinckley

Finances are still about 90k positive although we were losing around 20k a month, pre season keeping us in the black there.

Managed to improve junior coaching to adequate but I’ve yet to notice a difference.

Youth

Again only got one guy of any note through this year, had a few other decent players come through, mostly strikers where we are weakest, the guys have potential but no ability as of yet, I’m trying to develop their pace.

YP 2

Transfers

2039-40 Carshalton Atheltic : League Champs

One More Year then i Am off to Brazil to Coach in Division 3

League Table

Well this season was just weird didnt score many goals yet i win the league what the hell :lol:

Squad

Transfers

Finances

FA Cup - 5th Round Liverpool

League Cup - 4th Round Liverpool

Champions League - Qtr Final - Lyon

Youth Intake

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

YP19

YP20

YP21

YP22

YP22R

Youth Intake

U18s

Next years objective : Wins Champions League & Community Shield

@Toonbalmy87, how the hell did you win the league with goals for and against like that? That's the most weird thing i've ever seen!

@Padders, i'd be gutted if I got a new stadium already and i'm in League 1... You have to wait a long time for a new one again don't you?

@Toonbalmy87, how the hell did you win the league with goals for and against like that? That's the most weird thing i've ever seen!

@Padders, i'd be gutted if I got a new stadium already and i'm in League 1... You have to wait a long time for a new one again don't you?

I haven't yet got a new stadium and I can confirm last season I did get a promotion to the prem. This is what happened:

Championship about 4000 seat expansion

Prem: 9 mil pound expansion of 6000 seats.... why not a new stadium! *facepalm*

Currently stadium sharing with Everton at Goodison park, already bringing in more fans than my new stadium can hold...

KINGSTONIAN SEASON TEN UPDATE - 2022/23

Achievements:

League One - 13th

FA Cup - 2nd round

League Cup - 3rd round

JPT - quarter final

A solid season and safety achieved. Could of done better but this year was one of the worst for injuries. Once relegation was no longer a worry I started to blood some youngsters are they will get first team slots next year.

No transfers.

This years youth prospects are Jeff Spearing (YP10a) and Mark Ramm (YP10b).

Season objectives:

My expectation - mid-table

Board expectation - avoid relegation

Media prediction - 22nd

This year I just want stay away from trouble and allow the youngsters to improve further. I have released more players that had hit their ceiling and were not really good enough. Realistically I don't think the young lads will be ready for the championship for another two or three years. If I am a bit luckier with injuries we could possibly push for the play-offs but I doubt it. The squad.

20 years for a new stadium

That is just simply shocking! I really hope the board wait untill I have financial backing behind me...

KINGSTONIAN SEASON TEN UPDATE - 2022/23

Brilliant season, making the relegation fight look easy :D I think you can hope for a play-off place next season!

Just started this challenge yesterday with Carshalton. I'm nearing the end of year 1 and although I avoided relegation I am facing quite the quandry. FM12 gifted me with two lovely one-star keepers (while my friend using the same team got a 4.5 and a 4!) and neither of them wants to talk to me about a new contract. This is particularly troublesome because the only other GKs I currently have are grayed-out U18s.

What do I do in this situation?

Play a player who isn't a keeper there then. I've had to do it, and I'm sure others may have had to.

He's better off playing a grey tbh (but he cant sign them, of course ;))

Relegated in my third season with one game left :(. Struggled for goals with no striker getting more than 5 and my top scorer being my CB with 7. We had a 5-10 point advtage of the team at the top of the relegation zone but 12 games without a win for us and 10 games unbeaten from them dropped us down to 20th, despite some good results in our final 5 games we couldn't stay up.

Season 2017/2018 Update

Npower League 2

League Aim: Play-Off Spot

League Table - This was by far our best season yet as our defence has grown into a rock and our overall play makes last season in League 2 look laughable! Despite being newly promoted, I had confidence we would do well, but never believed we'd do this well! Thankfully we've had no bids for our top players and we've gelled the team together.

League Team Stats

League Player Stats

Club Information

Chester Squad - As you can see, the entire squad was amazing and we have several players in the first team that hardly ever get injured. However, there are a few players who are very injury prone, with an example as easy as Gary Beckford. Unfortunately our new SYP also got injured after just 2 or 3 games!

Club Finances

Transfer Proof

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final - We absolutely destroyed Charlton here, who were prior to the match, the record holders for the most goals conceded in the competition! I doubt anyone will break that record for a long time now!

Gary Beckford YP01

Manuele De Petrillo YP02

Rod Delfouneso YP03

Kyle Pope YP04

Christian Walsh YP05

Ciaran Wood YP06

Eric Davidson YP07

Reece Jeffries YP08

Brett Smart SYP01

Kyle Gay SPY02

New Stadium Announced - We were just talking about this yesterday and I wish the board would have waited, but they've gone ahead with a new stadium build and this is going to put me in major debt with around £120k per month going towards repaying the debt...

Awards

Npower League 1 Player Of The Year

Npower League 1 Team Of The Year

Npower League 1 Top Goalscorer

Season 2017/2018 Update

Npower League 2

League Aim: Play-Off Spot

League Table - This was by far our best season yet as our defence has grown into a rock and our overall play makes last season in League 2 look laughable! Despite being newly promoted, I had confidence we would do well, but never believed we'd do this well! Thankfully we've had no bids for our top players and we've gelled the team together.

League Team Stats

League Player Stats

Club Information

Chester Squad - As you can see, the entire squad was amazing and we have several players in the first team that hardly ever get injured. However, there are a few players who are very injury prone, with an example as easy as Gary Beckford. Unfortunately our new SYP also got injured after just 2 or 3 games!

Club Finances

Transfer Proof

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final - We absolutely destroyed Charlton here, who were prior to the match, the record holders for the most goals conceded in the competition! I doubt anyone will break that record for a long time now!

Gary Beckford YP01

Manuele De Petrillo YP02

Rod Delfouneso YP03

Kyle Pope YP04

Christian Walsh YP05

Ciaran Wood YP06

Eric Davidson YP07

Reece Jeffries YP08

Brett Smart SYP01

Kyle Gay SPY02

New Stadium Announced - We were just talking about this yesterday and I wish the board would have waited, but they've gone ahead with a new stadium build and this is going to put me in major debt with around £120k per month going towards repaying the debt...

Awards

Npower League 1 Player Of The Year

Npower League 1 Team Of The Year

Npower League 1 Top Goalscorer

Good season chief next year you will be raking in the money in the Championship so dont worry to much about your Finances because you make a fortune in there compared to your wage budget which wont be much i expect so you should be in the prem in 4 years then ;)

Anyone else get super discouraged when you start off flying in August & September then suddenly October comes and you lose to every bottom of the table team?

the longer the run goes on the worse I feel :(

I'm liking this challenge... already done something similar to this but with transfers allowed, which makes it alot easier... I originally went as Staines... so I'll have to see who gets promoted, just simming now.

I'm liking this challenge... already done something similar to this but with transfers allowed, which makes it alot easier... I originally went as Staines... so I'll have to see who gets promoted, just simming now.

Thankyou and good luck mate :)

Just finished season 4 and it was another disappointing one. The youth intake was pretty good though, no gems but 3 or 4 players that will probably take me up to the BSP and League 2.

Just finished season 4 and it was another disappointing one. The youth intake was pretty good though, no gems but 3 or 4 players that will probably take me up to the BSP and League 2.

So I've picked my team and about to make the announcements and post required screenshots etc. but I don't understand the nickname thing... Do I nickname every new intake in accordance to their potential ratings according to my Assistant Manager... and I take it this is for the duration of the game so I could effectively end up hundreds of YP##'s then?

kino4 has just been unveiled as the boss of newly promoted Cambridge City! This is kino4's first attempt at management and he has made some bold statements during his Press Conference.

"I am looking to take this club to Domestic and European Glory one day, I intend to do this with the use of our own academy graduates and you won't see me or this club every spend a penny on signing a player. I understand that this will take time and I hope the fans can be patient, as I promise them that this is one rollercoaster you'll want to be on."

Club: Cambridge City

Nickname: The Lilywhites

Legends: None (kino4, one day)

Icons: Glen Fuff

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: Histon and Cambridge United

Estimated Value: £130k

Season Ticket Holders: 81

Bank Balance: £36k

Stadium: The City Ground [Due to move into the 1750 capacity "Cricket Field Road" on 01.07.2013]

Stadium Capacity: 2000 (500 Seated)

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Junior Coaching: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Limited

kino4 has just been unveiled as the boss of newly promoted Cambridge City! This is kino4's first attempt at management and he has made some bold statements during his Press Conference.

"I am looking to take this club to Domestic and European Glory one day, I intend to do this with the use of our own academy graduates and you won't see me or this club every spend a penny on signing a player. I understand that this will take time and I hope the fans can be patient, as I promise them that this is one rollercoaster you'll want to be on."

Club: Cambridge City

Nickname: The Lilywhites

Legends: None (kino4, one day)

Icons: Glen Fuff

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: Histon and Cambridge United

Estimated Value: £130k

Season Ticket Holders: 81

Bank Balance: £36k

Stadium: The City Ground [Due to move into the 1750 capacity "Cricket Field Road" on 01.07.2013]

Stadium Capacity: 2000 (500 Seated)

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Junior Coaching: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Limited

Good luck with Cambridge, i jut got relegated in my third season with them, hope you can do better!

Anyone else get super discouraged when you start off flying in August & September then suddenly October comes and you lose to every bottom of the table team?

Happens to me EVERY year

Just come out of a 13 game run without a win :thdn:

Good luck with Cambridge, i jut got relegated in my third season with them, hope you can do better!

Lol, I think they look like they have a good set-up and potential for early board takeover?? I think we'll do well this year and i have my tactics in mind already... gonna be out of this league in 3 seasons thats my target for each league 3 seasons, then prem will be about 10-15 lol

@ Toonbalmy87, I hope your right because if I remember from my Doncaster game online, money wasn't easy to come by... However, like you say I have low wages so that will help a lot.

@ Marty78, Thanks mate. I'm hopefull of a decent season in the Championship having beaten several championship teams in the FA Cup. I have a really good attacking force and if Gary Beckford can stay injury free, we will be laughing this season :)

I've just gone onto my game and noticed I didn't even save since May 12th... At least I saved after the final game of season.

[Edit]

New Stadium: They've announced the new stadium again, but this time it costs very slightly more, but will be completed in a year rather than 2 years! It also has around 200 more capacity :D

(I forgot to do one announcing my joining since I wasn't going to post updates in this thread but then had a chance of heart)

Carshalton Athletic by joel1031

2012/13 Season Update

Competitions

League Table - Past Positions

Expectations for this season were fairly low. Carshalton were picked by the media to end in (I believe) 20th place so relegation was not out of the question. The board had very simple demands (avoid relegation) which I proudly met. As you can see we overachieved for quite a while, but eventually fatigue and especially injuries hit my fairly small squad. In the end we finished just above relegation due to a huge slide but at least we managed our goal for the season.

FA Cup was a huge disappointment. We saw ourselves fall to a VERY favorable draw against Bognor Regis, an Isthmian D1S side 2-1 at home. We ended up falling in the FA Trophy 3rd round to Tonbridge 4-3 on aggregate after beating Staines, Rushall, and Billericay, the second and third matches being away fixtures.

Squad - AM's Report

Definitely not our best season but these are the bunch that kept it together. Along with my YP00, Russell Hutcheon (the only other non-gray youth when I arrived at the club) showed plenty of promise but got very little first team action. You'll also see FM decided to grace with me two awful randomly-generated GKs, though at least the younger guy has decent potential.

Youth Intake

I was only able to upgrade Junior Coaching once, but man it must've helped a ton. My breakdown of them:

(YP01) Macey is 6'2 with good aerials but meh finishing and strength (Leading BSP quality)

Ashby has 16 flair, 8 finishing but 3 strength (Leading BSP)

Clarke has great pace, 8 finishing, and 18 teamwork (Leading BSS)

Costelloe has weird stats, 18 Brav, 17 Det, 16 Agg & Long Throws, but 7 Pace and 2 Strength (Leading BSP)

Squire has more rounded stats, good tackling, determination, and concentration, decent pace (Leading BSP)

All but Clarke will likely be thrust into the first team due to injuries and getting them some playing time since expectations are again super-low.

Will have more screenshots available for next season's update since I'll actually plan ahead. :)

St_albans.png

Targets for this season:

- Getting into the playoffs. NO

- Improving junior coaching + something else. NO- I only upgraded junior coaching

Finances- In a solid position still with 700k in the coffer’s and some tournaments to come.

Facilities- We managed to improve junior coaching again to good and the youth facilities have gone through and are now minimal (but at least we own them! :D).

League Table- The position may look shocking but this is the closest we have come to the playoffs. We were actually mathematically still in with a chance until 3 games to go.

Squad – Joff Harris top scored with 17 goals, a marked improvement on recent seasons plus Bakare and Heaton got into double figures.

Tagged Prospects

We had a much better season with the youths this year and got a few great prospects but I only picked 2 as it would get out of hand otherwise.

Gary Wright YP05- A great young goalkeeping prospect who has already replaced Ollie Clunan as GK.

Samuel Bah YP06- A left back with leading BSP potential.

Transfers- I’m clean!

YP Watch

Ollie Clunan YP01- He played up until March but I fear that was probably his last game for the club after Gary Wright came through. If it is, he was a great servant for 4 seasons.

Luke Phillips YP02-Has made decent progress

Bradie Andrew YP03- Unfortunately he hasn’t improved much but there is still time.

Joe Ballard YP04- He’s made excellent progress and I’ve now got him being tutored by a midfielder with 19 determination.

Targets for next season

- Getting into the playoffs

- Improving junior coaching + something else.

Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
 2012/13       BSS               16th               Staying up                    Sakho Bakare (12)           Paul Heaton    
 2013/14       BSS               12th               Improving                      Paul Heaton (15)           Sean Shields
 2014/15       BSS               14th                 None                         Paul Heaton (11)         Anton Blackwood
 2015/16       BSS               16th                 None                         Joff Harris (17)         Anton Blackwood

Got my Final season update on Carshalton to coming up but i am going to keep going with save but start Brazil on a Seperate save but in the year 2041

just remember to not post season updates in this thread if your moving to Brazil :D

Archived