Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

FC United 2018/19 (Season 7)

Successful campaign, third promotion in 4 years. Exciting season, finished at 5th place. Injury crisis in January-February meant that we had no chance for automatic promotion but managed to stay in top 7. After beating Torquay we thrashed Crewe 3-0 in FC United's first ever visit to Wembley.

No transfers of course. Board decided to build a new stadium what is going to be smaller than the current one - I hope they can expand it later.

This year's youth intake should have been better, but Max Greenwood is a first team regular already as we needed a decent left-back.

Our star player was Shane Taylor again, chosen as League 2 Player of the year. His value is 1.2 million pounds, capped 15 times for Wales, has continental reputation. He is loyal and his favourite club is FC United but wants to move to a bigger club and wants 9000 quid per week. I am not sure if we can keep him for another season.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats strigo. Taylor looks solid, could play championship at the least I think. Keep him another season then sell him? Put a big 50% next transfer fee clause in. But he looks a solid player well done on developing him.

Chester 2014/15 (Season 3) Update

Goals

1. Make Playoffs - Achieved

2. 2nd Round in Cups - Failed

Competitions

Blue Square Bet South

Table - Past Positions

We got off to an absolutely flying start. After 14 games we had 12 wins with 2 draws. Brierley got injured in late October for a couple months so our form dipped dangerously for a while. We were able to turn it around near the end of the season, beating 2 of the other playoff teams at home and losing a close game to Corby as well. We had quite a few own goals that gave us harsh draws/losses throughout the season, oddly enough our PotY candidate Karl Keogh committed a number of them.

Promotion Semi-Finals: Chester 4-0 Tamworth

We won the home leg with a solo strike by Brierley, who then turned around and scored a hat trick in the away fixture. Our defense was superb, no own goals in either game was a pleasant surprise.

Promotion Final: Chester 4-1 Darlington

A complete team effort, along with a Brierley double, assured us promotion.

FA Cup

First Round: Stockport 3-2 Chester

The same team that knocked us out of the FA Trophy last year saw us out of the FA Cup this time around. We gifted them an own goal, otherwise might've been able to take it in the home leg. I don't feel as bad because Stockport made the playoffs in BSP.

FA Trophy

First Round: Wrexham 0-1 Chester

Another away draw to a BSP side ruined our chances of progressing. They scored in the 87th minute to steal the draw from us.

The Club

The Squad - Ass Man's Report

Facilities - We were given a Youth Facilities update during the preseason but the work won't be complete until this October. Couldn't get Junior Coaching or the Recruitment Network up any further this year.

Transfers

Youth News

Youth Intake - Another year, another YP at Striker. Couldn't keep the tag from him because he is just too special. Gave the other tag to the MC, but rounded out nicely with prospects in other positions.

New Prospects

YP03a Liam Russell - Good League Two potential. Will definitely be part of a striker rotation next season since we like to play with an Inside Forward, a Treq, and a Poacher.

YP03b Dean Barnard - Will most likely get promoted sometime around the new year. We are always running light on bodies in the midfield and if he can rapidly develop in the U18s in a few areas there's no reason he can't hang with the first team.

Old Prospects

YP00 Darren Ryan - Played more of a support role than main man but performed admirably and opened up lots of opportunities for his teammates.

YP01a Greg Brierly - 18 years old and already one of the best strikers in the BSN. Even though he missed two months with an injury he still grew immensely and punished defenses.

YP01b Ross Downing - Tortured opposing fullbacks but left a bit to be desired in terms of finishing, which is his next big training step.

YP02a Richard Herbert - Played some as the season wore on but never really factored into the first team. Baynes stayed healthy and in form, keeping the youngster off the pitch.

YP02b Sean Cassidy - Played well in the youth squad but likely won't see a call-up next season. He still needs to grow in a few areas before getting first-team minutes.

2015/16 Goals

1. Avoid Relegation - Obvious but it's our first time in a new division.

2. FAC/FAT 2nd Round - Probably get drawn against stronger sides but we can make them pay.

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 15 UPDATE - 2026/27

Season objective - mid-table (achieved)

Achievements:

Championship - 4th Promoted via play-offs

FA Cup - 4th round

League Cup - 3rd round

A superb finish to season saw us storm into the play-offs and we were very much the form team going into the semi's. We were drawn against Reading and won the away leg 4-0 to put one foot in the final. We put in a professional performance in the return leg and won 2-1 meaning a 6-1 aggregate score as we eased into the final.

Remembering how good Burnley were in our previous meetings I expected a tight final. I was a bit dazed when we dominated the first half and took a 3-0 lead but I presumed Burnley would come at us in the second half and they did not disappoint. We struggled to get out of our own half and when they pulled one back I decided to try and shut up shop completely. It seemed to be working until the 85th minute when they pulled it back to 3-2. I feared the worst as Burnley continued to press forward until, in the 93rd minute, when we won a free-kick which caused an own goal. Final Score Kingstonian 4 Burnley 2. Premier league here we come.

At the end of the season I was offered the Liverpool and England under 21's jobs.

No transfers.

Forgot a screenie for the youth intake but two have tags and they are Aaron Brownhill (YP15a) and Micah Timmins (YP15b).

SEASON 16 OBJECTIVES

My expectation - avoid relegation

Board expectation - avoid relegation

media prediction - 20th

Really excited to be starting the new season in the Premier League in our new stadium. Lets hope we can stay up. Last years youth tag Solomon Izuchukwu started all but two league games in the end and is tipped as a potential leading premier league player by my coaches. He is much improved in just one year and has 6 England under 21's caps.

I am going to earn a fortune this year as we are only spending about £80,000 a week on wages.

Holy S**t! just been cruising along all season, not threatening the playoffs but I was always looking up and I've now just looked down. And we're only 6 points above the relegation zone! 6 games left and I need some serious performances to get us over the line.

Nice one on a first season survival pnefc22. Congrats Strigo hope you can keep onto Taylor looks great.

Comnrats on the promotion joel1031, some nice youngsters coming through Russell especially.

marty78 well done on making the prem seems unbelievable from where i'm sitting but awesome work mate.

Thanks for the vote of confidence ri916 but just about to play the last game of the season and even if we win we need other results to go our way to survive ....

EDIT: Lost 2-0 to Histon and down we go.

Unlucky mate. You can pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go straight back up with automatic promotion! Think of it this way, the next time you step into that league, your youngsters will have an extra years experience under their belt!

Unlucky mate. You can pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go straight back up with automatic promotion! Think of it this way, the next time you step into that league, your youngsters will have an extra years experience under their belt!

Thanks but .. It's the Blue Square North so out of the leagues i go. I'm holidaying now, going to start again right away (a different team this time, i think).

Thanks but .. It's the Blue Square North so out of the leagues i go. I'm holidaying now, going to start again right away (a different team this time, i think).

Good luck. The early years are very tough and the hardest part of the challenge for me so far was getting the first promotion. 7 frustrating seasons it took me.

Good luck. The early years are very tough and the hardest part of the challenge for me so far was getting the first promotion. 7 frustrating seasons it took me.

Yeah lets see if i can last in the job more than 2 seasons this time out :rolleyes: ... Now who to pick ...

Brettney Joven

Northwich Victoria

Northwich Victoria Football Club is an English football club based in Wincham, Northwich, Cheshire. The club participates in the Northern Premier League Division One North, the eighth tier of the English football league system, having been demoted from the Premier Division at the end of the 2011-2012 season—despite finishing second—for a breach of league rules regarding financial matters.

The club was founded in 1874 and named in honour of the reigning monarch at the time Queen Victoria, and are one of the top 100 oldest football clubs in the world, and one of the top 50 in England, still in existence. Northwich have a long history, being founder members of several leagues including the Football League Second Division.

They played at the same Drill Field ground for over 125 years, which at the time was believed to be the oldest ground in the world on which football had been continuously played, however after a ground sharing period with their local rivals, Witton Albion, they started the 2005–06 season in their new stadium, the Victoria Stadium in Wincham, just outside Northwich and across the Trent & Mersey Canal, which separates them from their rivals.

So yeah i picked them because they are one of the oldest teams in the world.

well done marty is that solomon guy who scored in the final the one you tagged recently? The 16 yr old midfielder? If

Yes thats the one. I think I've got a real gem on my hands. He started the season because of injuries and kept his spot all season. He has 10 England under 21 caps with two goals. He has also started all 9 Premier League matches so far. Here he is 18 months after being generated and a week before turning 18 and he is the only player rated as a potential leading Premier League player in my squad. Both Chelsea and Man Utd have shown interest but a high asking price has stopped any bids.

St_albans.png

Targets for this season:

- Getting into the playoffs NO again….

- Improving junior coaching + something else. Yes- Junior Coaching Improved and youth and training upgrades planned.

Finances- Comfortable.1.5 million in the bank.

Facilities- We managed to improve junior coaching again to excellent and there are plans for youth and training facility upgrades.

League Table- Shocking. 16th place just isn’t good enough after 5 seasons. It was just another tale of inconsistency.

Squad – Bakare got 18 goals this season. Harris didn’t play many games and heaton just hasn’t improved. Samuel Bah YP06 is quality and has improved well. My best player at only 17. He has 13 tackling and marking.

Tagged Prospects

Another decent year with 1 very good prospect coming through

Adam Howe YP07- A target man Striker but a striker all the same! He has leading BSP potential.

Transfers- I’m clean!

YP Watch

Ollie Clunan YP01- Hasn’t played at all and has declined. Not really worth updating to be honest.

Luke Phillips YP02-Still a useful player but he hasn’t improved much.

Bradie Andrew YP03- A good season for Andrew where he played nearly all our league games.

Joe Ballard YP04- A solid year of development

Gary Wright YP05- A top player who has improved loads.

Samuel Bah YP06- Has turned into our best player and has had immense progression.

Targets for next season

- Getting into the playoffs

- Improving junior coaching + something else.

Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
 2012/13       BSS               16th               Staying up                    Sakho Bakare (12)           Paul Heaton    
 2013/14       BSS               12th               Improving                      Paul Heaton (15)           Sean Shields
 2014/15       BSS               14th                 None                         Paul Heaton (11)         Anton Blackwood
 2015/16       BSS               16th                 None                         Joff Harris (17)         Anton Blackwood
 2016/17       BSS               16th                 None                        Sakho Bakare (18)           Sakho Bakare

Keep it going Ri and you'll soon get there. You need to score more goals for promotion so perhaps a more attacking tactic this year. I have changed my tactics slightly every year dependant on my perceived strength and thats works well for me.

At least you are flying financially and with your upgrades so far once you get that first promotion I can see you climbing quite quickly. Your save actually reminds me of mine with 5 mid-table finishes at the start. I made the play-offs year six and won the league year seven so hopefully it will click for you this year.

I would also play Adam Howe as much as possible as either a target man or deep lying striker alongside a poacher. His aerial ability along with being a flair player will make him an assist machine alongside the right player even if he isn't much of a goalscorer.

Your keeper also looks alright and I would use him as sweeper keeper allowing a higher defensive line and more attacking football.

Godd luck pal.

Another steady season ri196 Excellent Junior Coaching and good youth prospects you'll shoot up the league when everything clicks. Good luck this season.

Thanks. Your right that we have a few good prospects. Samuel Bah YP06 is predicted to become a good league two player and Gary Wright and Adam Howe are predicted to be leading BSP so the future is starting to look better. I still cant piece together why we havent improved, but I'm sure it will eventually click for us.

Keep it going Ri and you'll soon get there. You need to score more goals for promotion so perhaps a more attacking tactic this year. I have changed my tactics slightly every year dependant on my perceived strength and thats works well for me.

At least you are flying financially and with your upgrades so far once you get that first promotion I can see you climbing quite quickly. Your save actually reminds me of mine with 5 mid-table finishes at the start. I made the play-offs year six and won the league year seven so hopefully it will click for you this year.

I would also play Adam Howe as much as possible as either a target man or deep lying striker alongside a poacher. His aerial ability along with being a flair player will make him an assist machine alongside the right player even if he isn't much of a goalscorer.

Your keeper also looks alright and I would use him as sweeper keeper allowing a higher defensive line and more attacking football.

Godd luck pal.

Thanks Marty! I'm not sure what to do about tactics as I'm playing a 4-3-3 with 3 CM's and 3 strikers. I have a poacher in the middle with a target man on the left (was a DLF but I changed it to accomodate Adam Howe as he is exceptional in the air. I also have a DLF on the left. I have set Adam Howe as the Target man with supply to his head. My strategy is control as well so it is by no means defensive and I think my struggle for goals is due to the lack of a good striker. I will push the defensive line up and make Gary Wright a sweeper keeper as that will allow Samuel Bah to get crosses into Adam Howe more often. Going by the way your career went I should be getting a playoff spot this year- I hope this is the case :).

After playing solid until 4.30am plus just over an hour now i've just got my first Youth Candidates with Northwich Victoria ...

YP1: Will Bright Profile|Report

We currently sit 2nd and just a couple of points off top, i think just like last try with Redditch i can make the playoffs (but lets hope i don't then fail in the final and get relegated 2nd season hey!?). The squad at Northwich was more interesting than at Redditch .. Just 18 players. With injuries i've had times where i cant fill the bench ... So alot of these youngsters will get games. Oh and 8 players are inneed of a rest .. Might send them on a 2 weeks holiday and use the youngsters. Bit risky but i think if evveryone is tired injuries are more likely to occur right?

I can tell you have a good squad straight away Brettney. The fact that Will Bright doesnt have 5 star potenital yet he has the potential to be a good BSP player gives it away. In my squad players with 5 star potential may only have good/leading BSS potential.

Once Howe gets his strength up in the next year or two, perhaps his technique a little bit too, I think you are sorted ri916 :). Bakare, though getting a bit old, seems to be an asset for the team going by his goal tally, but a dominant forward with good physical abilities is invaluable for getting yourself up at this level, no matter the quality of the rest of the team IMO. Ballard looks to be showing a lot of promise too and will surely help in the BSP when you get there.

How is your team falling apart in matches for its perceived quality level? Not closing games down, being dominated from the outset etc.?

Thanks Marty! I'm not sure what to do about tactics as I'm playing a 4-3-3 with 3 CM's and 3 strikers. I have a poacher in the middle with a target man on the left (was a DLF but I changed it to accomodate Adam Howe as he is exceptional in the air. I also have a DLF on the left. I have set Adam Howe as the Target man with supply to his head. My strategy is control as well so it is by no means defensive and I think my struggle for goals is due to the lack of a good striker. I will push the defensive line up and make Gary Wright a sweeper keeper as that will allow Samuel Bah to get crosses into Adam Howe more often. Going by the way your career went I should be getting a playoff spot this year- I hope this is the case :).

I have to say that, for me, I wouldn't be using control except perhaps in home matches against weaker teams. I actually used 4-3-3 for a few years due to a lack of wide players and still keep it as a back-up in case a few widemen are missing. My best results came from using defensive, fluid, more expressive, more pressing and more roaming. This allow us to keep the ball and frustrate the opponents while also looking for the frontmen to create and score their own chances and win set-pieces. This is more of an underdog tactic though and on the rare occasions I am the favorite I would change to standard mentality but leave everything else the same. Switching to attacking is a last resort when goals are needed for a result.

Adam Howe is very good in the air but his flair is good and his passing is ok so I would leave him on mixed supply. Crossers will still look for him aerially most of the time anyway. If he is in a wide strikers slot then setting the other wide striker as an advanced forward means he will look to pull wide and cross to the far post and hopefully to the target man. I would probably put a treq (if possible) or poacher in between them as these will need to create most chances between them.

I have to admit though I much prefer tactics with natural wide men as they are always my top assist makers. As I know only too well though that is not always possible.

Once Howe gets his strength up in the next year or two, perhaps his technique a little bit too, I think you are sorted ri916 :). Bakare, though getting a bit old, seems to be an asset for the team going by his goal tally, but a dominant forward with good physical abilities is invaluable for getting yourself up at this level, no matter the quality of the rest of the team IMO. Ballard looks to be showing a lot of promise too and will surely help in the BSP when you get there.

How is your team falling apart in matches for its perceived quality level? Not closing games down, being dominated from the outset etc.?

loosing too many tight matches I'd say. We never seem to edge the 50/50's and I find we lose by 1 goal a lot, but we'll win by 2 or 3. Thanks for the input :).

Marty- I did initially have it as a 4-4-2 but the wide players werent very good so I changed it and havent since. I do have a couple of nice wide players coming through now though, but I think I will persevere with a 4-3-3 for a few more seasons. I'll change my strategy to standard as well.

loosing too many tight matches I'd say. We never seem to edge the 50/50's and I find we lose by 1 goal a lot, but we'll win by 2 or 3. Thanks for the input :).

Another years experience will hopefully help with that. It is as much about mentality as ability so don't let your assman say disapointed if you are playing ok but losing by one. At this level that will not help and you should overide with sympathise if your playing ok. I also done all press conferences myself as that can build confidence as I only ever give positive talks. I never criticised players in the press but just have a private chat. There is no need to be negative or demanding unless your doing really well and complacency is setting in.

If you can swing those tight games I think you will have a good season and hopefully celebrate promotion sooner rather than later.

Sign me up for a piece of this!!!!

You'll have to sign yourself up mate ;). Preferablly with a screenshot of your manager profile in charge of one of the promoted teams

Sign me up for a piece of this!!!!

Good luck.

Marty- I did initially have it as a 4-4-2 but the wide players werent very good so I changed it and havent since. I do have a couple of nice wide players coming through now though, but I think I will persevere with a 4-3-3 for a few more seasons. I'll change my strategy to standard as well.

I tempted fate and have injured wingers so I'm trying out my 4-3-3 in the Premier League.

marty he looks excellent, good on you for starting him so early. Think how good he'll be when he's in his 20s if he keeps improving.

Yeah he is terrific and I'm very lucky. I have a load of injuries so he is not the only youngster getting a lot of games either.

Just beat the #1 BSP side 4-1 with Brierley scoring a hat trick. His contract is up at the end of the summer, I'm scared what he's going to ask for.

You will probably be able to keep him on month to month contract as no-one ever seems to poach your players in the non-league so I wouldn't worry too much.

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 16 UPDATE - 2027/28

Season expectations - avoid relegation (achieved)

Achievements:

Premier League - 13th

FA Cup - 3rd round vs Man Utd

League Cup - 4th round vs QPR

A superb start to the season meant we never once dropped into the relegation zone but injuries have been brutal this year and we really struggled second half of the season. As a result of injury and his contract expiring Garry Beasant, club legend and all time top goalscorer, is leaving the club. A broken leg has seen his attributes plummet and he is no longer of use.

We earned a fortune this year and have both youth and training facilities being upgraded as well as a small stadium expansion. We still have over £20m in the bank after these upgrades.

No transfers.

This years youth intake has two tags. Mike thompson (YP16a) and Shaun Honey (YP16b).

SEASON 17 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - avoid relegation

Board expectation - avoid relegation

Media prediction - 17th

We finished just seven points off relegation last year with the one of the worst defences so steadying the ship and staying up again is my aim. The second half of the season has me worried but our home record is decent so fingers crossed.

Marty- well done on staying up first of all! It's sad to see Gary Beasant leave after such a great career- What division did the coaches say he had potential for when he came through? surely not premier league or even championship for that matter! It's good news to hear that your improving facilities and still have 20million in the bank. The attributes of your two youngsters dont look amazing but they must have something about them to have 5 star potential. Honey definately needs work on his finishing and composure but his acceleration is quite impressive. I think your right to only try and avoid relegation as you werent to far above the drop this year but I'm sure you can get another midtable finish if you tighten up the defence.

Yeah defence is a major concern. IIRC Beasant had "good league one" potential which at his peak reached "good championship" but he was able to perform consistantly because he had great pace and regualrly created his own goals. I am gutted about him as he has been my most prolific scorer every year. After his injuries my assman rated him as a "decent league one" player. Some drop eh?

Thompson is decent league two with leading premier league potential and Honey is decent league one with leading premier league potential so they are better than they look or overrated by my assman. As always time will tell but I will be sure to give them chances and therefore every opportunity to be successful.

FC United of Manchester - Season 2 - 2013/14

My second season in charge of FC United was very much like the first one. Never in danger of relegation nor of promotion. No danger of consistency either until the last 12 games were we started to get our defense sorted. A very young squad it is right now and the youths have developed well making me hope that we can be in contention for a play off spot next year.

League Table

Transfers

Youth intake

A much better intake this year. Last years tag Louis Leigh (YP1) has proven to be very injury prone and been replaced by a very consistent Callum Myler - YP1

I've also decided to tag three players from this years intake. I have high hopes for these lads who are all expected to be leading Blue Square Premier players.

Gethyn Porter - YP2

Tom Broadhead - YP3

Brett Harper - YP4

We've had an additional junior coaching upgrade and nothing more. The finances are tight.

Player of the year

Mike Norton again. The runner up in the top scorer award was immense again.

Youth player of the year

Callum Myler who held a permanent place in the starting eleven.

Cups

FA Cup - Humiliated by non-league s side Stocksbridge in the 3rd qualifying round.

FA Trophy - Crashed out in the 3rd qualifying round here as well. No tears left my eyes...

Next Season

Hoping to be in contention for the play offs come the end of the season.

Continue to improve the facilities.

Give youth more chances. Which I'll have to do since there are almost no players over the age of 18 left in the squad...

Pjotas- Another solid season for you there. Hopefully you can start to push for the playoffs now :). That was a very good intake with the 3 leading BSP players in there as well. I've only got 3 players like that and I'm in my 6th season!

Pjotas, a very solid season and hopefully like you say, your youth players might be able to help you push for a play-off spot in the coming season. Best of luck :)

I swear I didnt copy TM's post :o I guess great minds think a like :D

Archived