Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Carshalton Atheltic :2030-31

League Table

A bit better this year in the league but would of liked to to get into Europe or at least win a trophy but oh well stayed in the prem so the money keeps rolling in and i am currently the 25th richest club in the world :D

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Patel

Crabb

Welsh

Ward

Koprivcic

League Cup - Qtr Final Arsenal

FA Cup - 6th round Aston Villa

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP07

YP08

YP10

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP15

Youth Intake

YC

YCI

YCR

YC1

YC1R

YC1I

U18s

Next years objective : Push for some Silverware and Europa League place

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another fantastic start and was up to 6th in December and yet again go on a horrid run in December and January and the season just turns into nothing

Hitchin Town Youth Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------

Season League POS PTS FA Cup League Cup Other

2012-13 BSS 15th 47 QUALS

2013-14 BSS 11th 57 QUALS

2014-15 BSS 18th 40 QUALS

2015-16 BSN 18th 49 QUALS

2016-17 BSN 19th 45 QUALS

2017-18 BSN 17th 46 1st

My star striker finished with 29 goals in 37 games

Carshalton Atheltic :2031-32

League Table

Arghhh almost got there but ffs i want to get into Europe now

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Forde

Burt

Malama

Welsh

League Cup - 4th rnd Spurs

FA Cup - 4th round Reading

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP07

YP08

YP10

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP16R

U18s

Still need to put last seasons report together, but thought I would share a screenshot from my game right now. Ray Holland is now beyond ridiculous in a good way. When I get the season report together, you will see why. He also just put 6 past Birmingham in a home Championship game at the start of my new season (will post proof in that seasons round-up) and his value is slowly rising.

Unfortunately, his contract is slowly shrinking.

Here is a screenshot of his demands now, 21 months from expiration.....

Oh Good Lord!

So, little old Weymouth has no chance! :)

He wants over 30k, I can go max 4.8k (My whole squad totals 42.5k right now!)

Not too mention the huge incentive clauses too!

The only way I was able to tie down 3 other key players were to include match highest earner clauses, so they would kill me too.

The only chance I can imagine I have of resigning him is to make a fantastic run in the league, make the Prem this year and see if the money infusion gives me more wage wiggle room.

If I don't go up this year (which is most likely), then I will have to cash in on him.

The goalscoring on this kid is ridiculous (never had anything like him in any iteration of FM or FML). Legendary stuff. It will hurt to see him go.

League Table

Arghhh almost got there but ffs i want to get into Europe now

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Forde

Burt

Malama

Welsh

League Cup - 4th rnd Spurs

FA Cup - 4th round Reading

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP07

YP08

YP10

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP16R

U18s

Love seeing these updates.

toonbalmy87, what are your facilities at these days? Would you mind posting a screenshot of them?

Interesting to see what to be aiming for. 10 years of play time behind you, but always fun to see what we are striving for in your successes.

Love seeing these updates.

toonbalmy87, what are your facilities at these days? Would you mind posting a screenshot of them?

Interesting to see what to be aiming for. 10 years of play time behind you, but always fun to see what we are striving for in your successes.

CarshaltonInformation_Facilities-2.png

Ill post it up in a minute umm all my facility's are pretty much the best apart from youth recruitment which my Chairman is pain in the as s about takes forever for him to let me upgrade it

Whoa, nice stadium!

Is that a new stadium with the same name as their old one, or have you been able to expand to that size?

Makes my shiny 15,965 one being built look tiny :)

It must be a new one, but you should be able to upgrade your new stadium to that size :)

Toon- Your making incredible progress! If you can get into the CL places then your most of the way there to completion as the CL is just Pot luck unless you make a really good team.

Braumiller- Thats some demands from holland! How much do you think you'd get for him if you cashed in? If the previous figure is less than 10 mill then it might just be worth keeping him untill his contact runs out to get into the PL. If you get promoted this season it might be worth keeping him to keep you up :D

It must be a new one, but you should be able to upgrade your new stadium to that size :)

Toon- Your making incredible progress! If you can get into the CL places then your most of the way there to completion as the CL is just Pot luck unless you make a really good team.

Braumiller- Thats some demands from holland! How much do you think you'd get for him if you cashed in? If the previous figure is less than 10 mill then it might just be worth keeping him untill his contact runs out to get into the PL. If you get promoted this season it might be worth keeping him to keep you up :D

Um nope its still the old stadium :D i keep asking for a shiny new one but they wont give me it greedy bast erds :D

I started this last night, I've tried doing this on previous versions but have never got very far however I want to stick with this one for a while.

I chose to play as FCUM as they were the only one of the available teams that I have seen play in real life.

Pre-season was dreadful, played 5, 1 won, drew 1, lost 3, with 2 of those losses coming to non-league teams.

I then only had time to play a couple of league games last night. First of them was against Darlington, away, relegated from the BSP last season and predicted to finish right up near the top of the league. The game ended with them having about 16 shots to our 9, but we both only had a single CCC and they were restricted largely to long range efforts with about a dozen long shots. Final score, 1-0 to us.

Then we were up against Gainsborough at home, again we were predicted to lose by a big margin, but we matched them shot for shot, both of us finishing with about a dozen efforts, and once again we ended up 1-0 victors.

So, two good wins to start the season, bring it on!

Welcome Mack taking a break from your Chairman game while you wait for new people to sign up :p

It depends on what's around it and what it's at in the editor. If the board can get the planning permission then I don't see what the problem is. I'm still in pre-season of my 3rd season. Back into the black though. Although with all the contract terminations I'm tempted to give I won't. Still unsure on whether to do that or keep them as back ups as no one is interested in them.

Ri, update the thingy with everyone who is taking part.

A little 'change of pace' post here and to give a little insight into my overly analytical (re: anal) approach to things sometimes :)

Below is a screenshot of how I 'wasted' sometime at work this morning analyzing my current squad of YP tagged players.

What I have done here is attach a value to each player for their current ability (CA) and potential ability (PA), based on their coach report given by my best equipped coach to do this (the coach with the highest Judging Ability and Judging Potential attributes). Luckily for me this coach also has a coaching style of 'General', meaning he gives opinions on all outfield players (some coaches have coaching styles of Defending or Attacking, which limits their coaching report opinions to players of that particular nature).

Anyway.........

The reason I did this is because during my first Championship season I did not focus at all on progressing young players, it was all about putting out the best XI each week to scrap for survival points. I have indirectly developed some players as they either were first team players or they came in to cover games, but the development area of this challenge was knowingly neglected this season to maximize survival chances.

This spreadsheet exercise was done to bring the need for development back into the fore and to help me clarify who needs what kind of development and who is surplus to requirements these days.

The values assigned for CA and PA can be found in the key on the right hand side of the screenshot and reflect the different opinions given by the coach in the coach report.

season9developmentasses.gif

I ordered the entries as follows;

First by 'Difference', which means those players with the most progression need (the biggest difference between their current ability and their potential ability) are highest.

Second by 'Potential', so that if two or more players have the same difference between their CA and PA, the highest PA players appear at the top.

So, the list reads from top to bottom as those with the greatest need for development at the top.

Those who are already developed at the bottom.

Doing this exercise how helped me immensely as I noted the following about my situation;

* I have 7 of my 10 outfield players listed as Championship quality. This I tag due my policy of 'if they are old enough, they are good enough. I will often have 15 and 16 year olds running around for me and they have developed as the club as progressed.

* I missed the boat on Jon Gibson. He has been with me 6 years, has not progressed and is still listed as decent Championship level potential. I need to get him games (loaned out) desperately next year or sell him.

* Excluding Ray Holland (who is an exception to most any rule you create) I have not developed a player into a Championship level for the past 4 youth intakes. Obviously they have not had as much time to develop, but I would also say I have leant more towards best XI each game than rotating in youth level kids for experience. I will look to change this next year.

* I have 4 or 5 players whose potential is now below an acceptable level for a Championship team and as long as squad depth allows I should look to release or sell.

* My recent upgrades to youth recruitment network (and increased club reputation) seem to be paying off as my top 5 development projects are from my past two youth intakes. Trowbridge looks especially nice, although he needs retraining from DM to MC to fit into my 442 formation.

* The players highlighted in green are my current first team XI if all are available. The three weak outfield players (my current GK is weak and was not even YP tagged) play at DL, DC & MC. This means I am going to spotlight Trowbridge, Henderson and Jake Jones as my main development projects going forward as they can directly replace them as (if) they progress as my coach reports indicate they could.

* I need a GK desperately!! Dunwell has potential to be a decent Championship GK, but he is currently not good. I loaned him out this year, but it has not really kick-started things. I could drop him in the first team occassionally, but my already woeful defensive record might crash the game if I did! lol

So, there is my plan going forward!

A few end of season report spoilers in there, but oh well. Hoping to finish the season (3 games left) and put the update together tonight or tomorrow.

Ah spreadsheets and FM........i used to use them all the time to track progress and appearances and run some quick code to identify key attribute increases and defincies, as well as looking at corrolations between appearances and attribute improvements. Havent done it much lately but given the nature of the challenge i might need to do some work! Liking the scale system you used as well:thup:

On my game, the board have started construction of a "new" stadium already (i say "new" since we dont actually have one at the moment!). A bit wierd in that tehre was no request from me and no announcement of it! only noticed it by going into the boardroom to ask for something else! It willt ake until 2016 to be ready and with no details of how it was funded (i even searched news items incase i missed it!) I can only hope for the best! No loans have appeared on finances screen and finances havent taken a hit at all, so who knows!

Does anyone have the number for the Suicide Hotline.......

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.png

I guess my silver lining here is that we are 2 weeks away from the January window closing and it will mean Man City will back off until the summer.

But still, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've just got Colwyn Bay as a feeder club. They're still in the Blue Square North and after pre-season, I shall be sending them some of better youngsters in the hope that they get first-team football. I shalle also be terminating the contracts of about 6 former first-teamers which should reduce my wage bill by £1.5k hopefully.

Forest- I will update the thingy but I will need everyone still active in the challenge to post their team, seasons complete and current division as I think quite a few users have dropped out.

League Table

Didn't really do great in the league but wasn't really looking at the league i want to win a cup so the league sort of came 2nd when i had chance t rest a couple of players i did once i was safe and knew i wouldn't go down

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Nicholls

Welsh

League Cup - Reading 3rd Round

FA Cup 1 2 3

[video=youtube_share;Uzv8puVGWWQ]

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP08

YP10

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

Youth Intake

YC

YCR

YC

YCR

YC

YCR

U18s - My Youth are kicking serious butt

Player Stats

Next years objective : Stay in Europe and try to break into the top 6

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Fa cup[/TD]

[TD]Fa Trophy[/TD]

[TD]League cup[/TD]

[TD]Johnstones Paint Trophy[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]17th Blue Square South[/TD]

[TD]4thQ[/TD]

[TD]2nd Rnd[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]9th Blue Square South[/TD]

[TD]2nd Q[/TD]

[TD]3rd Q[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2nd Blue Square South[/TD]

[TD]1st round[/TD]

[TD]3rd round[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]9th Blue Square Prem[/TD]

[TD]1st round[/TD]

[TD]1st round[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]1st Blue Square Prem[/TD]

[TD]4th round[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]10th League 2[/TD]

[TD]5th round[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD]1st round[/TD]

[TD]2nd round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]1st League 2[/TD]

[TD]3rd round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]2nd round[/TD]

[TD]1st round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]2nd League 1[/TD]

[TD]4th round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]3rd round[/TD]

[TD]South Final[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]13th Championship[/TD]

[TD]3rd round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]4th round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]5th Championship[/TD]

[TD]5th round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]3rd round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11

[/TD]

[TD]6th Championship (Play Off Winner)

[/TD]

[TD]3rd round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Semi Final[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12

[/TD]

[TD]15th EPL

[/TD]

[TD]6th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13

[/TD]

[TD]14th EPL

[/TD]

[TD]5th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]4th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14

[/TD]

[TD]15th EPL

[/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]17th EPL

[/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Final

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16

[/TD]

[TD]11th EPL

[/TD]

[TD]4th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Semi Final

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17

[/TD]

[TD]13th EPL

[/TD]

[TD]6th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Final

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18

[/TD]

[TD]11th EPL

[/TD]

[TD]6th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Quarter Final

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19

[/TD]

[TD]9th EPL

[/TD]

[TD]4th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]4th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[TD]11th EPL

[/TD]

[TD]Winners

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Nothing to report from my latest season

More mid-table mediocre rubbish

Got to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup losing to League 1 Colchester Uniyted

Hitchin Town Youth Academy

Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
2012-13     BSS    15th   47     QUALS
2013-14     BSS    11th   57     QUALS
2014-15     BSS    18th   40     QUALS
2015-16     BSN    18th   49     QUALS
2016-17     BSN    19th   45     QUALS
2017-18     BSN    17th   46      1st
2018-19     BSN    14th   55      2nd

Writing up two seasons worth of updates for tonight. It will include goals, new stadia, goals, rejections, goals, transfers (out ;0), goals, facility updates and a few goals too.

Started playing the next season (after the currently unreported two mentioned above) and all I will say is this.....

I do not understand this game sometimes!

That can be taken in a good way or a bad way. That is the teaser I will leave you with :D

Ive a seasons worth of updates to write later too, second season sadly far less eventfull than yours Braumiller! more midseason rubbish but good news on the youth front (or it was until my YP1 just did his hip and is out 2 - 3 months :( )

Ive a seasons worth of updates to write later too, second season sadly far less eventfull than yours Braumiller! more midseason rubbish but good news on the youth front (or it was until my YP1 just did his hip and is out 2 - 3 months :( )

Keep plugging away once you make it into League 1 or Championship thats when you start getting your players through and arent made of glass :D

Ok, I think I'm going to quit this now, I've started too well and won't be able to keep it up!

7 games played, 4 wins, 1 draw & 2 losses, sitting 4th in the table with 9 goals scored and only 3 conceded!

haha i always seem to die off over Christmas period haha so watch out :D

FC United of Manchester

Season 2 (2013/14)

Blue Square North

On to season 2, the board had low expectations again and i still had, in reality, a weak squad. I fancied a run at the playoffs but we started poorly and never kicked on. Biggest issue this season was quite possibly my management, i choppped and changed tactics far to much, never let things settled, tried to be too clever and ask my players to do too much. In the large part they struggled and inconsistency was the result, including a horrid run in jan and feb which saw us lose 9 out of 11 in the league and sent us plummeting from around 8th to 14th. We recovered slightly to finish 13th, one place lower than last season which was not satisfactory.

League positions graph

Transfers - Proving i am clean!

The squad

Not going to do player by player this season, as we used about 40 players over the season! I also was not happy with the season and so keen to plough on that i didnt take screenies of many players, not much to show anyway.

Top performers

Karl Munroe - 34yr old CB who i expected to serve only as back up actually ended up leading the team in ave rating qith 7.08 from 29 games

James O'brien (YP1) - As predicted became a key player, managed 7.04 from 34 games in all comps, 6 goals was decent and 16 assists a very good return. Big things expected in season 3 as he wont suffer from my constant tactic changing and being shunted to different positions

Simon Atkins - Top scored with 12, which tells you all you need to know about this season............

Other notables:

Carlos Roca - Last seasons best player was distinctly average this year, managing only 6.89. Suffered from being moved to accomodate O'Brien and also with the many tactic changes

Youth Intake

having had a second upgrade to youth coaching i was looking forward to it, and was very happy with the results. Some defensive prospects with a CB who is ready for the first team and a good prospect. A back up RB who has the potential to be a leading BSP level.

However YP2 will be this fella

Michael Rigby

Rated as potential to be a good league 2 player (same as O'Brien). He will go right into the team as a starting striker next season.

Youth Progress

YP1

Aims from last season

1) Push for playoffs - Epic Fail

2) learn how to defend, especially set pieces! - Pretty much a fail, we were poorer defensively than in season 1

3) Develop YP1 - Success, he made good strides and is already a key part of the team

Aims for NEXT season

1) Push for playoffs

2) Settle on a tactic and stick to it

3) Develop YP1 and YP2

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 9 (2020-21)

League Table - Progress Chart

First season in the Championship and survival was the only goal. Achieved and Ray Holland proved last year was no fluke. Now all the big clubs are looking at him after a simply ridiculous 51 league goals!

The big news was the board agreement to build a new stadium! 15,965 capacity and ready in time for the start of the 2022-23 season (18 months from announcement).

Youth Intake

A very pleasing intake this year, with 2 defensive players and solid MC with Premiership potential and a winger.

Transfers

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 10 (2021-22)

League Table

An ultimately frustrating season on a few fronts.

The league was going fantastic, in the play-off spots for the first half of the season until disaster struck and Ray Holland went down injured. We played well to begin with in his absense but then we faltered massively.

Off the field we had our second youth facilities cancellation in 2 years due to funds running dry and then the news that the stadium is 6 months behind schedule, so we will not move in until around Nov 2022.

Ray Holland's contract wound down to just 12 months left and no extension was in sight. He got injured again on his return, for another 2 months which ruled him out for the season and then he got called up to the full England squads provisional World Cup team!! He didn't make the cut due to fitness (and no doubt lack of experience etc...) but it was nice to see.

Then came the moment everyone dreaded. One last try at contract talks, one failure and one offering of the now club icon to all. He was valued at 2.6m (he was around 3.5m, but injury inactivity has seen it fall) and I offered him out at 15m plus 50% future profit clause.

Surprisingly none of the big boys came in for him, but Wolves who had just come second in the Championship saw him as their source of goals for surviving their Premiership return. 8m plus the 50% clause.

Sad to see him go, but it was time to cash in while I could and build the club up.

Now we hope that he scores the goals to help Wolves survive and then one of the big clubs ponies up the big money for him.

Ray's final league stats for me at Weymouth were a stunning 138 goals in 118 games. But I couldn't let him leave for nothing in 12 months time and I had to fund much needed club facility improvements.

I immediately went to the board and over the course of the summer they agreed to both training (3.7m) and youth (1.3m) upgrades. Both are much needed. The beauty of it being the summer as well is that work began immediately and the payments are paid. No going back, finally some infrastructure improvements.

Following this Rob Neal (YP 1b) asked for a move (he asked last year and I promised the club would grow to meet his ambition) and I agreed. He has joined Championship rivals Bristol Rovers for 975k and a 50% future profit clause as well.

I have two nice looking prospects who play at MR/AMR, so I was fine with this one.

So, all change down on the south coast in the summer of 2022!

Add to this I am moving from a 442 to a one FC formation and this could go one of many ways.....

Youth Intake

Another good intake with 3 potential first teamers. After 10 intakes, finally a GK!!!! He has Premiership potential, but certainly not yet. I played him in 4 starts, we lost 4 and heavily. Will probably give him more and more games this coming season. If we survive and he plays ok then I think it should be onwards ad upwards from there for him.

Goals for season 11, 2022-23 are simply survival.

Feels like a fresh start, so a fresh reset of my 4 year per division plan.

A little worried about my new stadium progress. It was due to be completed in the summer of 2022, which has now passed. They stated a 6 month delay and it would now be Nov 2022.

My club information screen still quotes this;

stadiumprogressinfoscre.png

But on the boardroom screen it worryingly says this;

stadiumprogressboardroo.png

Urgh, that would be an extra 13 months of a 6,600 capacity when I should be in my shiny new digs which I am hoping will help balance the books (losing around 200-300k a month right now, although I have around 6 million in the bank currently due to the sales recently).

Unlucky braumiller, that last season must have been very fustrating with Holland injured and having to sell him for a deflated price of 8m is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I would imagine you will keep getting stadium delays in your inbox untill the date on the boardroom screen.

Jambo- You may be disappointed but I finished 15th in my first two seasons as FC united. I then finished 11th, followed by me scraping into the playoffs the following year.

Padders- I admire your perseverance with I very tough team. I'm certain it will pay off when your winning the EPL! I actually think the first promotion and the following survival in the BSP is the hardest part of the challenge until you get to the EPL.

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words.I'm stuck mid table yet again in my latest season, I have just been through the Christmad period so I'm hoping for one amazing run to sneak into the playoffs! Not very likely mind It's one hell of a challenge and very frustrating! I'll keep going. I could really do with a decent keeper to come through my Youth Candidates. I think that would really help. I can't get any more improvements on my facilities a we have no money! Need a good cup run!

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words.I'm stuck mid table yet again in my latest season, I have just been through the Christmad period so I'm hoping for one amazing run to sneak into the playoffs! Not very likely mind It's one hell of a challenge and very frustrating! I'll keep going. I could really do with a decent keeper to come through my Youth Candidates. I think that would really help. I can't get any more improvements on my facilities a we have no money! Need a good cup run!

try selling a couple of players if you have the back up ready in waiting to take over his spot. that's what i am waiting for a goalkeeper mine is getting a bit old now

This game gets on my tits sometimes. 2-1 up away at Woking. A change of mentality and tactics and with a few minutes to go we're 2-1 up. They have a free-kick from inside their own half, which should be dealt with as it comes over. My defenders make the number 1 mistake by letting the ball bounce. Mix up all round and they get a knock on for one of their strikers to score. He looked offside I shall add. In stoppage time, they get a corner, ball is cleared to just outside the box, about 25 yards. Guess what, from nowhere, they score :(. 4/5 straight losses, morale is ****ed and we still don't have a point :(.

Edit: Despite the loss, morale has improved loads. Hopefully, we can start playing like we did in this game and get the points we deserve.

Edit 2: No it hasn't, I was wrong :(.

It was looking to be all doom and gloom for my Chester side at the start of the new season as we hadn't won in 5. Although the last loss we had, we played well with our new tactic and mentality. In our 6th game of the season we get our first win and first points on the board by beating Mansfield Town. We used the same tactic as the previous game so hopefully things are on the up.

Unlucky braumiller, that last season must have been very fustrating with Holland injured and having to sell him for a deflated price of 8m is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I would imagine you will keep getting stadium delays in your inbox untill the date on the boardroom screen.

Jambo- You may be disappointed but I finished 15th in my first two seasons as FC united. I then finished 11th, followed by me scraping into the playoffs the following year.

Padders- I admire your perseverance with I very tough team. I'm certain it will pay off when your winning the EPL! I actually think the first promotion and the following survival in the BSP is the hardest part of the challenge until you get to the EPL.

and to break the train of notts updates............. Thanks ri, to be honest i think going up in season 2 would have been a bad thing, i would have liked progression but ultimaetly if i look at it, without my tactical mess we probably could have made around 8th or 9th which would have given me that progression.

Season 3 started well, first 6 games brought 4 wins and 2 draws, fixture 7 just saw us take a 3 nil beating at Kidderminster so time to ensure we dont go on a terrible run like we usually do after one defeat!

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. Just had one of those great FM moments.

FM can sometimes be like my golf game.

You start hating it, then you hit that one shot that makes you come back again next time :D

Some of the new teams promoted have some massive squads. Tempted to let you guys decide who I should be. I know who I'd possibly like to be, due to one player one of the clubs have signed. I've played cricket with him in real life and he's from where I live.

Would any of you like to pick my new team?

Archived